Demon: Book 1

By varzanic

-Demon Series: Book 1- Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits... More

Demon Information: eBook
Demon Information: Print
Chapter 1: Asexual
Chapter 2: I Hate Dogs
Chapter 3: Summer Job
Chapter 4: The Wonders of Mother Nature
Chapter 5: Cleaning Duty
Chapter 6: Pitch Black
Chapter 7: He's Definitely Different
Chapter 8: Boundaries, or Lack There Of...
Chapter 9: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 10: Two wolves
Chapter 11: Confession
Chapter 12: My Territory
Chapter 13: Party Mishaps
Chapter 14: Denial
Chapter fifteen: Simply Follow
Chapter 16 His Many Forms
Chapter 17: Super Spit
Chapter 18: You Can't Come
Chapter 19 Marked as Mine
Chapter 20: Warning
Chapter 21: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 22: Caught in the Act
Chapter 23: Doors Remain Open
Chapter 24: A White Lie
Chapter 25: No Boys
Chapter 26: Final Hour
Chapter 27: Northern Rocky Ridge
Chapter 28: Treasure Trove of Junk
Chapter 29: Engagement
Chapter 30: The Note
Chapter 31: The Grove
Chapter 32: Failing
Chapter 33: My List of Problems
Chapter 34: Soggy Lunch
Chapter 35: A Picture
Chapter 36: No Sex
Chapter 37: Cell Phone
Chapter 38: Lesson Learned
Chapter 39: Brutal Honesty
Chapter 40: A Ticket
Chapter 41: Conflicting Advice
Chapter 42: Base Acid
Chapter 43: A Flat Lip and a Black Eye
Chapter 44: Eating Our Vegetables
Chapter 45: I Never Said
Chapter 46: Mom's in Charge
Chapter 47: Dinner with the Enemy
Chapter 48: Thanksgiving Horrors
Chapter 49: Just Facts
Chapter 50: You're Grounded
Chapter 51: Just a Few Adjustments
Chapter 52: The Perfect Sub
Chapter 53: Frozen Waterfalls
Chapter 55: Happy Birthday
Chapter 56 Date Night
Chapter 57: Late
Chapter 58: Hunting Down Titus
Chapter 59: Because of Me
Chapter 60: It's Just Pretend
Chapter 61: Flattery
Chapter 62: Touchy at Times
Chapter 63: True Form
Chapter 64: Tomorrow After School
Chapter 65: Hunters
Chapter 66: Shots Fired
Chapter 67: Overbearing In-Laws
Chapter 68: Water Falls Moments
Chapter 69: Full Moon
First Proof: Demon in Print

Chapter 54: Orange Juice

49.7K 2.8K 699
By varzanic

Chapter 54

Orange Juice

"I'll see you soon."

I nodded, hugging Titus. "You should just come live with us," I muttered into his coat.

He laughed. "Like your parents would agree to that."

I shrugged. "I thought I'd try."

The garage door opened behind us and my dad back out the car. Xavier gave them a wave, before closing it again.

"There's your ride."

"Yep." I glanced over my shoulder to see my parents waiting. "Bye."

He leaned down and kissed me. "I'll be there for your birthday."

"See you in a couple weeks then." I gave him a wave and walked to the car.

"I love you, Aden," he called after me.

Opening the car door, I smiled. "I love you too. Bye."

Titus waved and watched as I climbed into the car, and we started down the road. I leaned against the door, fiddling with my ring.

"It'll go by faster than you think," said my mother. "Maybe too fast." She took out her phone. "Jenny, I'm on my way home. Yep, bring it all. We have a little over four months to get this wedding planned."

***

I sat down in my government class and leaned over my desk. The two girls next to me started whispering.

"So Aden," ask the one closest to me.

"Hmmm..." I propped my head up on my hand.

"The other day, I was waiting behind your mom at the grocery store, and I heard her say something about your wedding."

My eyes grew wide, and I froze.

"Is it true? Are you getting married?"

Her friend leaned across the aisle and stared at me as well. They both smiled. The answer was obvious. It showed clearly on my face. I glanced across the room to see Chris and his friends watching me as well. I cursed under my breath. Everyone's eyes went to my ring.

I quickly hid my hands and nodded. "Yeah."

They both squealed.

The teacher looked up from his desk. "Girls, please. The assignment is on the board due at the end of class. Everyone better get started on it now."

I pulled out my books and notebook.

"What's his name?" whispered the girl.

"Titus."

"He asked you over the break?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

The girl in front of me turned around in her seat. "How'd he do it?"

Why did I choose this corner of the room to sit in? I peered across the way and was reminded by Chris and his friends.

I took out my phone. "Here."

The three of them huddled around and looked through the pictures my mom had sent me. If it kept them busy and I didn't have to explain everything, they could look at them all day.

I started answering the chapter review questions. My eyes kept darting to my ring. I should be proud to say I'm getting married. If anyone said anything, my fiance would take care of it.

Chris was glaring at me. Never mind, I'll be proud quietly.

The girl handed back my phone. "Those are so cute. You got yourself a good one." She gave me a smile and turning forward.

Grabbing my phone, I put it back in my pocket. A shadow fell over me. I peered up at my teacher with a nervous grin. "Sorry."

"I know it's exciting, but phones are not allowed. Wait until after class."

I nodded. "I will."

He turned to leave. "Oh Aden," he looked back. "Congratulation."

"Thank you." I quickly bow my head and scribbled the answer in my notebook. My face was burning. It was going to be a long day if this kept happening.

***

I threw open the front door and tossed my bookbag to the side. "Mom, I'm home."

"I'm in the kitchen."

Entering the room, I found the table covered with wedding material. My aunt Jenny had her glasses on and looking through invitation examples.

"Where did you get all this?" I grabbed a bin and pulled it to me.

"I asked around the neighborhood as did your aunt." She gave me a smile. "Your wedding is going to be beautiful, Aden."

Sighing, I went to the fridge. I took out a bottle of juice and grabbed an apple from the fruit rack. "You do know that it's not happening until after graduation and that's four months away.

"Four months is barely enough time to get everything done. We have to figure out the invitation, order them, gather everyone address, and then send them out. Find a venue and decided on decorations. Find a caterer, plan the food. Figure out the cake."

"Okay, okay, I got it." I leaned against the counter. "Can you not spread it around?"

"Spread what, honey." She pointed to a color swatch my aunts was holding. "That's the shade."

"A girl at school heard you talking about the wedding at the store."

She turned around in her seat. "I'll try to be more careful, but I'm sure everyone knows now."

I took the bite of my apple and turned to the window. "Can it be outdoors?"

My mother nodded. "I was hoping you wanted an outdoors wedding." She opened her laptop and typed in florist.

This was too much for me. "I'll be in my room." I headed up the stairs, grabbed my bookbag along the way. I tossed it in the corner and flopped down on my bed. I had a feeling this wedding was going to be over the top, and half the guests were going to be werewolves.

***

I stared at my phone trying not to smile. 'I'll see you tonight' showed on my screen under Titus's name. I was overly excited about my birthday, even though it was only going to be my parents and boyfriend, but they were the only people I really want to be there.

Opening my backpack, I took out my lunch and leaned against the wall. I took a bite of my sandwich. Noise came from the hall adjacent to the bench I was sitting on. A locker bang shut, as I type a response of 'Dinner's at 5' and sent it.

Voice approached where I was sitting. I glanced over to see Chris with his usual group of friends. I looked forward and opened up the snack size bag of chips.

"Eating lunch alone, Aden?" Chris stopped in front of me.

I glanced up. "Yep."

"There's a rumor going around school you convinced another fag to marry you."

My expression remained blank. "Yep."

He clenched his jaw. "Titus, wasn't it?"

"Yep," I tossed a chip in my mouth. "The one that kicked your ass a couple times." I met his gaze. "Pretty good for a fag, right?"

Chris lurched forward and grabbed the front of my shirt. He lifted me to my feet and  slammed me into the lockers. His friends checked to make sure no teachers were coming.

"Your faggot boyfriend, isn't here. He can't stop me from pounding your skull in."

I remained still, breathing heavily. "No, he's not." I swallowed hard. "But I'll tell him tonight, you said hi."

Chris released me and stepped back. Patting my cheek, he started to chuckle. "You're lucky, Aden." Grabbing my bookbag, he ripped open all the zippers and proceeded to dump everything out.

Sucking in my lips, I kept quiet. He kicked my book down the hall and started scattering everything else.

"Chris stop it," I reached for my bag. "I get it. You can stop now."

He shoved me back and stomped his foot on my lunch bag. The bottle of juice inside exploded. He dropped my bag into the puddle. I tried to grab it, but Chris blocked my way.

"Stop it, Chris." I tried to get around him.

"Stop what?" he mocked.

"I get it alright." I swerved to get passed him but nothing was working. "Stop it!" I dodged to the side, and Chris stuck out of his. I fell to the floor, peered up at them.

"Pathetic," spat Chris. He kicked the bottle at my face.

I held up my hands to block it, but felt the remaining liquid splash across my shirt.

"Hey!" yelled Mr. Phillips.

Chris and his friends ran for it.

"Hey, stop right there!" He ran down the hall toward me. Slowly down, he sighed before turning to me.

"Are you alright, Aden?"

I started to gather my things. "I'm fine."

He picked up my book and knelt down to help me with the rest. "It was Chris, again right?"

I shrugged, keeping my eyes pointed down.

"Aden."

Letting out a deep breath, I sat down and scooted back against the lockers. "Yeah, it was."

Mr. Phillips put the rest of the things in my bag and helped me up. "You used to be good friends. It's a shame he didn't value it."

I took my bag from him. It smelt like orange juice, and one of the straps was dripping with it.

"Come on. We'll call your mom to bring you some new clothes, or if you prefer, you can just call it good for today."

I nodded and followed him to the office. This birthday had turned into one of my worst, and I just wanted to go home and forget it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879K 42.1K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
62.6K 2.5K 25
Uri Willis is the school hottie who is extremely "to die for". He is also a werewolf and the next-in-line Alpha in the River Blood pack, and he also...
59K 2.9K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
599K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...