The Bad Boy Is Possessive

By BrittanyLeigh8

Is it possible for a bad boy to be your saving grace? Well for Farrah Bryant it was. After she finds out her... More

Chapter 1- The Bad Boy Is Planning Something
Chapter 2- Deal With The Devil
Chapter 3- Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 4- Not what I Expected
Chapter 5- Meeting The Bad Boy's Parents
Chapter 6- Bad Boy Surprises
Chapter 7- Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 8- Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Chapter 9- It's A Good Thing I'm Not A Vampire. I'd Never Make It.
Chapter 10- A Little of the Unexpected
Chapter 11- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 1)
Chapter 12- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 2)
Chapter 13- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 3)
Chapter 14- Vandalising the Bad Boy's Car with Lipstick and Bieber
Chapter 15- The Bad Boy is an Evil Genius
Chapter 16- The Bad Boy and His Eggs Distracted Me
Chapter 17- Bad Boy Confessions
Chapter 18- Bad Boy Advice
Chapter 20- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt. 2
Chapter 21- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.3
Chapter 22- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt. 4
Chapter 23- Girls Night
Chapter 24- The Bad Boy Has A Romantic Side
Chapter 25- Just My Luck
Chapter 26- I Know People Can Surprise You But I Never Expected This
Chapter 27- Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter 28- Breakthrough
Chapter 29- The Bad Boy Likes Trouble
Chapter 30- The Beach House
Chapter 31- The Truth Will Out
Chapter 32- The Walk on the Wild Side Isn't for Everyone
Chapter 33- Why Me?
Chapter 34- Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Chapter 35- Until You
Chapter 36- You Live And You Learn
Epilogue
TBBIP Spin-off- "Just My Type"

Chapter 19- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.1

1.3M 30.1K 8K
By BrittanyLeigh8

(Chapter 19-Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.1)

 Today was the day. The day I had been looking forward to all week. The cabin trip was going to be awesome. I hope. It was safe to say that no one knew of mine or Brody’s plans yet so that just made it all the more exciting. During the course of a week Brody and I had went over everything we planned to do. Most of it was just harmless fun but the rest of it was what Blake had coming for some time now. I still couldn’t wait to see the look on mom and dad’s faces when they saw Brody was just next door. This will be fun.

“Make sure you have everything because we’re not coming back until Sunday.” Mom says examining our luggage.

Dad puts the last of the stuff in the car and closes the trunk. Surprisingly everything fits inside quite easily. With five people going I thought it would have been cramped but actually it wasn’t.

Now I suppose you wonder who the extra person riding with us was, well take a guess. It really isn’t that hard.

Ok I’ll help you out, it was Callum. And I’ve still not been able to look at him without feeling completely embarrassed so this car ride is sure to be fun.

“Ladies first.” He smiles politely opening the door for me and Heather.

 I hope no one expects us to become friends and suddenly bond over this family trip like they do in those cheesy movies. Nope not going to happen. I still don’t approve of what they are doing.

I sigh and slide into the car first followed by my sister then Callum behind us. This would be much less awkward if they would have just ridden separately but I couldn’t be that lucky could I? I would have driven myself if mom and dad would have let me but that was never an option. However they had no problem at all letting me ride with Blake when his parents suggested it though I was quick to turn them down, much to my parent’s disappointment.

I was relived they didn’t press the matter any further. If they were really set on me riding with him I would be sitting shot gun right now instead of in their car so I was happy about that. Thank goodness I wasn’t. Although I hardly think it’s fair that he gets to drive when I’m stuck with the Brady Bunch the entire ride. Oh how I miss my car and not pretending think we are perfect family.

Mom looks behind the seat at us and smiles. I know it’s only because she thinks everything is going her way but I can’t wait to see the surprise on her face when she sees it not going to happen.

Hmm… I think some of my hostilities towards my parents are starting to come out.

“Thanks for inviting me along Mr. and Mrs. Bryant. I always feel I don’t get out of doors nearly enough.” Callum smiles wrapping his arm around Heathers shoulders.

“Well we’re glad to have you along son.” Dad smiles looking back in the mirror at him.

Son? What have they adopted him now?

“Callum, you’re going to be family soon so we were only happy to invite you.” Mom states.

All of a sudden it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me by mom’s words. Did she just say what I think she did? She couldn’t have.

“I-I’m sorry, what?” I ask.

Heather doesn’t give anyone time to reply when she turns to me and smiles. “Callum and I are getting married next month. I was going to tell you last weekend but….”She trailed off.

That’s when we got into the argument about the party. I’m glad she chose not to finish that sentence. As far as I knew mom and dad still didn’t know yet.

“You’re not-” I start unsure of how to finish without offending her but she quickly picked up on it.

“No.” She quickly says shaking her head. “We just love each other and want to be together.”

Well that’s a relief. I know that sounds awful but Heather with a child? I don’t think the world is ready for that yet.  

“Why the rush?”

“We love each other and see no point in waiting.” She says rather irritably. “Besides Callum’s divorce is getting sorted out quicker than we thought so we moved up the date.”

I had this sinking feeling that this was really about her fear of losing him than it was love. Not that she didn’t love him but I think that she may be doing this to get him to stay with her. I hope she’s not making a mistake.

 “Did you tell her yet?” Mom asks smiling at Heather.

She shakes her head. “I haven’t had time.”

“What?” I ask feeling left out of the news.

“You’re going to be maid of honor for your sister’s wedding.” She states.

Wait what? Me? Why?

I can’t be her maid of honor. I’m pretty sure you have to support the wedding to have that role and I definitely don’t. Now, I’ve never been one before but I’ve seen enough wedding movies to know that it’s a big responsibility and requires you to spend a lot of time with the bride planning everything. I just don’t think I can do that.

“I told you she’d be happy about it. See, she’s speechless.” Mom says.

Not for that reason.

“Thanks Farrah. In all honesty I was worried you would turn it down. I should have known you wouldn’t do that to me.” She says giving me a bright overjoyed smile. “And I know I don’t say it enough but you’re a great sister.”

Her words took me by surprise. Did she really just say I was a great sister? I don’t think she’s ever told me that before. We usually spend most our time trying to outdo each other the revealing our feelings. This was defiantly weird.

What do I say now? If I turn it down she’ll be crushed and I’m sure very disappointed in me. Not to mention my parents who will probably let me hear it every day for the rest of my life how I managed to ruin my sister’s wedding. Well that only leaves me with one choice then. Put a smile on my face and pretend to be happy about it.

“Well you’re a great sister to. I would be glad to help.” I say as I force a smile into my face.

“Great.” She smiles brightly. “As soon as we get back home you can help me start planning.”

Great.

Well this weekend had already started out fantastic. I hope this isn’t a sign of how the rest of it will go or I think I might just bail on it now.

I feel a strong sense of relief when we finally arrive at the cabin and I don’t have to hear anymore of Heathers rambling. I don’t think I had ever been more pleased to be out of a car in my life. Anything was better than discussing what I thought was better taffeta or silk. Aren’t they the same thing? See I’m not good at this.

“Farrah you take one of the conjoining rooms this time.” Mom says handing me my stuff. “I promised your sister the bigger room since she has a fiancé now.”

The last time Heather and Callum wasn’t with us so we had an extra room. Blake took one of the conjoining rooms while I had the bigger more spacious one. Well besides the parents rooms. It wouldn’t have been appropriate for two hormonal teenagers to have connecting rooms so it was only necessary I take the room on the other end of the cabin while the other room remained empty.

“Fine.” I mumble taking my things from her and walking toward the cabin.

I guess I can see why Heather would get it. I can’t imagine Callum and Heather sharing a twin bed. Plus no one wants to hear what they do in the likes of their bedroom. I’m sure Blake will be glad to not to have them as neighbors.

But wait a minute! Then that means-

“Who gets the other room?” I ask turning to her.

She sighs and puts her hands on her hips in irritation. Geez what did I do?

“Farrah please don’t argue with me right now. Just take the room and be polite do you hear me?”

Yeah just smile and act like everything is ok while my ex boyfriend has free access to my room anytime he wants. Um no.  Those rooms were made for kids not teenagers who need their privacy.

“Besides you said nothing was going on between you two anymore. That hasn’t changed has it?” She asks.

“Well…no but-”

“Alright then. Now we’ll hear no more about it.” She says firmly before turning back to the car.

I can’t believe she just did that. What parent does that?

I bet Blake is in on this somehow. It was probably part of his plan all along. I’m not sure on the specifics but I just feel like blaming him right now. It only seems logical.

After carrying my things to my room I pull out my phone to message Brody but soon realize I don’t have any reception. Crap I forgot about that. Now how am I supposed to get in touch with him?

Walk, you know what people did before cell phones.

Geez, my inner monologue is really snarky. But it’s right.

Once I’m outside the cabin door I make sure no one is looking in my direction to prevent me from leaving and I take off in the direction of Brody’s cabin. I would be in a much better mood when I’m away from the crazy people known as my family.

Oh please let me make it through these woods alive. I know it’s only like a five minute walk but me being me there are a thousand ways for me to get hurt out here. One of them being me tripping on something and breaking my neck along the way due to my clumsiness. And if that don’t do it then there is always getting eaten my some kind of wild animal or accidentally falling into the rapid moving river and drowning. Even the best of swimmers can drown in that.

Come on Farrah toughen up. Don't let Brody see what a wimp of a girlfriend he has. Just pretend this is your thing.

The last time I was here I didn’t go traipsing through the woods so this was all new to me. We just spent our time on the water. Which reminds me, I hope Brody can get me out of spending all day on a boat with them.

I was relieved when I came to the outside of Brody’s cabin. It looked exactly like ours only a little smaller. This one was made for a smaller family I think. Or maybe it was for honeymooners. I can’t remember.

“Looking for me?” A voice whispers in my ear giving me at startle.

I grab my chest and turn to see a smiling Brody behind me trying to hold in his laughter.

“That’s not nice.” I scold slapping his chest with my hand.

“Never said I was.” He chuckles.

His arms  reach out to wrap around my waist as he pulls me to him. He plants a small kiss on my lip casing my heart to flutter. It’s amazing at how just that little moment has so much effect on me. His kisses do that.

“Exploring in the woods already are we?” He muses.

“Yep.” I lie smoothly. “Why?”

He simply shrugs and smirks. “I just never took you for the woodsy type.”

“Well I am.” I say refusing to let him think I some girly girl he knows I am.

I can prove him wrong. I mean it can’t be that hard. I’ve watched survivor and all those other shows before. All I have to do just remember what they did.

“Then you don’t mind hikes?” He says.

“Are you kidding, I love them.”

Alright so love might have been a little strong. I don’t want to overdo it.

So despite the whole not having much experience with great outdoors I’m willing to learn because I want to be the kind of girl Brody can stay interested in. I know he’s known to get board easily so I was going to try to keep that from happening. I can do that right?

“Good because we are going to go on one.”

Well it’s a good thing I’m dressed for the occasion.

“I thought we were here to mess with Blake not go on a hike.”

He smirks and crosses his arm over his chest. “Who says we can’t do both? While we’re here we might as well enjoy ourselves. Besides he’s not even here yet.”

Well that’s true.

“Alright.” I agree.

I’ve got nothing to lose right?

“Are we lost?” I ask following closely behind Brody.

“No.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. We’ve got to be close.”

Close to what? I thought we were just hiking. I should have known the bad boy hand an ulterior motive. He’s known for that. And he does come up with some pretty good ideas. Well just as long as it comes with revenge on Blake I’ll go with it.

We continue walking for a few more minutes until Brody comes to stop in front of a large tree with a big small plastered on his face.

“Do I want to know?” I ask getting ready to lean against the tree for support.

He quickly grabs me and pulls me to his side before I can even touch it. He looks more than relieved. What was that about?

I’m sure my confused look was enough to make him speak.

“One more step in the direction of that tree and this trip would have become miserable quickly.”

I furrow my eyebrows up at him. “It would?”

He spins me around to face the tree and points to the large green vine wrapping around the tree trunk and disappearing at the top.

“You see that? That is called poison oak. It’s one of the most poisonous and painful plants in these woods.” He states.

I quickly jump about ten feet away from the tree in panic. “Then what’s it doing so close to me?”

“We are here to collect.” He smirks pulling out some gloves from his pocket and placing them on his hands.

I had a feeling that this was part of the revenge on Blake. But isn’t poisoning him a bit to far. I would like revenge on him just as much as Brody but I don’t want to kill the guy.

“We can’t poison someone. We’ll go to jail.” I whisper yell.

I don’t know why whispering it wasn’t like anyone was around to hear us but it just felt like we plotting a murder or something.

He let out a loud laugh and clutches his stomach. “We’re not literally poisoning him it will just make him break out into a painfully itching rash whenever he comes in contact with it.”

Oh that’s all? Brody’s laugh suddenly becomes contagious when I picture Blake unable to get within ten feet of another girl without them being completely repelled by him. Oh this will be good. He won’t be able to cheat on anyone then. Megan included.

“Let’s do it.” I say.

He pulls a clear bag from his pocket and begins puling some of the green vine from the tree and stuffing it inside. After the bag is about half full he seals it up and grasps it in his hands. I can almost see the satisfied look in his eyes as he does this.

Suddenly a question comes to mind that just might interfere with our plan.

“How do we get him to touch that stuff?” I ask.

“We don’t have to. If you touch anything this poison oak comes in contact with then it will do its job.” He says matter of factly.

“Oh.”

“Come on let’s head back. We have some plotting to do.” He smirks.

We arrive back at his cabin just as I another vehicle arriving at ours. That must be Blake. Late as always. Brody must have heard it to because he grins to me.

“Ready?” He asks.

I eagerly nod feeling so bad right now. I don’t think I’ve ever done something this bad in my whole life. And the weird thing is I think I like it. I believe Brody is starting to rub off on me.

“You head back and I’ll take care of this.” He says holding up the bag. “We don’t want them growing suspicious.”

I nod and place a cautious peck on Brody’s lips not wanting to get to close to substance in the bag and back away quickly. There will be more time of kissing later. Right now we have a plan to follow through with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until next time…..

Comment…….Vote…….Follow!

Check out the banner to the side made by @MickeyMouse321 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 496 19
"It feels like tasting poison, the more my tongue discovers her flesh the more addicted I become." Adeline seeks comfort in her studies, she...
450K 13.6K 54
Ariel Valentine had it all. She had the looks, the friends and the grades. She may not have been the most popular girl in school but she was definite...
3.5K 213 28
*COMPLETED* Shailene Brooks is a senior at Westwood High. Her life is great, two best friends, Derek and Zoe, a boyfriend, Tommy, and her mom. Unfor...
802K 19.4K 48
Ariana Martin is a senior at Crystal High. She's the girl who gets the good grades, and stays home on weekends instead of going out and partying. She...