Oblivious | Leroy Jethro Gibbs

By gonnashinelikestars

.... .... .... ... ... More

Disclaimer
Cast
1.1
1.2
1.4
2.1
2.2
2.3

1.3

1.4K 52 2
By gonnashinelikestars

▪︎

▪︎

"No temperature," Ducky announced, "I think it's a stomach virus" He told Agent Todd as she laid on one of the cream leather couches holding her head.

"I know it is," She sighed, defeated.

"Did you use that thermometer on cadavers?"

Ducky chuckled and put the thermometer away, "Would you rather I used the liver probe?"

Hearing the tail end of the tease Lauren smiled, she gently nudged Gibbs out of her way and crouched beside the Agent with a cool wet cloth for her forehead.

"Why are you so sure it was the flu?" Gibbs asked, folding his arms.

Agent nodded, sending Lauren a thankful smile and set the cloth on her forehead, "It's the same symptoms Major Kerry had."

"Did you work together recently?" Gibbs probed her.

Lauren rolled her eyes, he already knew the answer. She stood, wincing at the cracking of her knees and sent Gibbs a glare.

"No," Agent Todd answered.

"Well, if you didn't work with him, then how?..." Duckey trailed off before nodding to himself, "Ah."

Lauren pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed, that complicated some things.

"Did you think I was a Virgin?" Agent Todd asked dryly.

Lauren snorted, patting the Agent's shoulder. "That information might be too much for these two to handle." The two women laughed as Ducky swiped at the blonde with a faux angry expression before leaving.

Once their giggles died down Agent Todd looked to Gibbs who just watched the two, "Are you going to lecture me about sleeping with people you work with?"

"Nope,"

"Agent Todd, Agent Baer's on a secure line for you." The pilot announced over the tannoy.

Agent Todd blinked slowly before lifting herself up off her back, Lauren set her hand on the woman's shoulder as she swayed slightly.

"Want me to take that call for you?" Gibbs asked as the Agent paled quite suddenly.

Agent Todd glared at him and gave Lauren back the cloth, "I'd have to be dead." She told him bluntly before she left to take her call.

Lauren smiled at Gibbs as he chuckled. "I like her," Lauren stated, sitting down on the couch.

Gibbs smiled affably and shook his head, "You can't have her."

Lauren huffed, slouching. "She's not a Dog, Gibbs. I just think she would be a great addition to the team."

"Ren," Gibbs raised an eyebrow at the blonde, "She has a job."

"Ah, yes but she'd have a better one if she worked with us."

▪︎

Lauren sent the Chief Stewart an apologetic smile as Gibbs stormed into the room without so much as an acknowledgement and heading to the toilet. She met Tony's gaze and shrugged, leaning on the doorframe, moving out of the way for the Steward to leave the office.

"What'd you get?" Gibbs called out.

"Incognito purchases, randomly selected stores. No one knows they're buying for Air Force One." Tony rattled off.

Lauren smirked and lifted her camera, tilting it towards him in a silent question. Tony nodded with a grin and posed for her as she took a photo of him in the President's seat.

She handed the camera to Ducky as he walked in and raced to stand behind Tony, with one hand behind his head making bunny ears and the other on her hip. "Stewards usually prepare all the food, but today the President had ribs and coleslaw-" Tony paused to smile, they posed for another photo.

"-flown in from a smokehouse in San Antonio. So, they only reheated them and served them."

Lauren checked the toilet to make sure Gibbs hadn't left and ushered Tony from the chair and sat down ruffling her hair and relaxing backwards with her feet up on the arm of the chair.

"Anybody else have the ribs?" Gibbs asked as the toilet flushed.

Once the photo was taken she moved quick to let Ducky have a turn.

"No," Tony answered, rushing to get back into place before Gibbs saw them fooling around.

Lauren moved to stand beside Tony again and frown in the direction of the toilet, "Gibbs, if the ribs were poisoned, how come the President wasn't affected?"

"Maybe he's used to Papa Joe's barbecue. If you three are through taking pictures of each other, I think we can move that body aft."

Lauren watched him leave the office with wide eyes. She looked at the guys, lifting her hands up letting them fall and slap the sides of her thighs gently. "He sees all that man."

▪︎

Lauren glanced up from her books as Agent Todd walked down the stairs. She shuffled in her spot on the arm of the chair that Gibbs had sat himself in a foot away foot away from where the body used to be.

"Where's the body?" The Agent asked.

Lauren's brows furrowed as she placed a faux pout on her lips while pretending to look for the body, "Hmm, not sure. Which one?"

"Which one?"

"We don't know." Gibbs interrupted them with a chuckle.

Agent Todd nodded with a laugh, "You move it to the aft ramp for a fast getaway?"

Gibbs stayed silent as he took a sip of his coffee. Lauren held out her hand and he gave it to her as they watched the Agent put her blazer on.

"It won't work, Gibbs." She told him, taking a seat, "I've been ordered to turn the body over to FBI at Andrews."

"You could stall them until we get it off?"

"No, I can't." Agent Todd shook her head, "I won't defy a direct order. I'm sorry."

"Never say you're sorry." Gibbs chuckled, "You don't have to crochet that one."

"Folks, please fasten your seat belts."

Gibbs pat Lauren's back and nodded to the seat beside him, she eyed the Agent and pursed her lips. She handed him her book and nudged his shoulder fondly before making her way over to the Agent and sitting beside her.

"I never formally introduced myself; Lauren Walker."

Agent Todd smiled grapimng her hand and shaking it. "Kate Todd."

"Pleased to meet you, Kate."

▪︎

A/n

Hellooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.8K 30
โ I followed no rules And like most fools I lost my way What can I say Alas I find I'm in a bind Was I so blind I couldn't find The rightful path To...
9.3K 140 8
Alright this is a criminal minds story. I was a dumb ass and accidentally deleted the last one I was working on. Story contains Heid, Jemily, morcia...
87.7K 2.3K 19
สแดแดœ ษขแด‡แด› ส€แด‡ษชษดแด„แด€ส€ษดแด€แด›แด‡แด… ษชษด ๊œฑแด€สŸสŸส ๊œฐแด€แด„แด‡...แดกสœแด€แด› แด„แดแดœสŸแด… แด˜แด๊œฑ๊œฑษชส™สŸส ษขแด แดกส€แดษดษข? แด›แดก: แด„แดœส€๊œฑษชษดษข, ๊œฐแด€ษด ๊œฑแด‡ส€แด ษชแด„แด‡, แด‡แด›แด„. (แด€สŸสŸ ส€ษชษขสœแด›๊œฑ ษขแด แด›แด แด›สœแด‡ ส€ษชษขสœแด›๊œฐแดœสŸ แดแดกษดแด‡ส€(๊œฑ))