Mio Amore Rosso

By Daughterofthebatfam

Timothy Jackson Wayne hates physical contact. Just plan doesn't like it. Which has caused issues with past re... More

Prologue
The morning after
Round two?
He's perfect
Meeting Jason / Calling Dick
Round 3 / Jason's shirt
Shopping
Meeting Jason...again
The Panic attack 🔥
Aftermath
reassurance and realization
Lunch and confessions
Big boys dont cry
Anxiety / Meeting Bruce 🔥
Meeting Tim / talking things out
Promises / offical meetings
kidnapping 🔥
flashbacks and head injuries
Not a chapter
Introducing Jack
Revenge? 🔥
Remembering the past
Trust all around
Otp questions just for fun
Inspiration pics.
Confiding / Apologies
Undeniable feelings
Learning and accepting
Recalling the past
Inspiration pics part 2
First impressions / Family conversations
Dick's feelings / Tim's demons
Learning to trust
Inspiration pics part 3
THANK YOU
Coping and conforming
Making it better
Wise words and goodbyes
Inspiration pic part 4
Taking it 'easy' / Meeting Antonio
The phone call / Airport arrival
Sunburns and a not so unbearable teen
Inspiration pic part 5
That 1st night and Business stuff
A Coup of sorts
the wrong right choice / Drunk confessions
OTP stuff
Date night / Guilty conscience
Peaceful mornings / A pissed off Kori
Her funeral / Shocking discoveries
A different kind of Morning after / Stress relief
Forgiving and confessing / Babysitting
Inspirational Pics 6
Dark secrets / Is this wrong?
Not your typical lunch conversations
I'm here / Life saving & truths
Just us
4K!!!!!
Going home / The proposal
10K!!!!

Jason's father? / Saving grace

122 3 4
By Daughterofthebatfam

Roy's POV

"What the fu*k!?"

I was screaming at nothing and no one in particular. Well, actually, I was screaming at the dumbass guys who shot at Jason and an innocent minor.

It made no sense to me. Even after the meeting with Harleen, Tim was still in danger.

"Did they think Damian was Tim? That has to be why right?" I was pacing now up and down the hospital hallway outside Jason's room. I was pissed and hurt and scared. Thinking of all the ways this could have ended much worse.

Kori's hand landed on my shoulder, stopping me. "Roy, take a breath. Sit down. You're shaking and angry and just pissed. I get it, but Jason's gonna be okay and Damian is fine. He's exhausted, but he's not hurt."

I turned to look at her, sighing heavily. She was right. Damian was okay. He'd gone into shock and passed out, but other than that he was okay. "I just don't understand why this happened...Harleen told us nothing was going on. So unless she lied-"

My voice faulted when I caught sight of Antonio behind Kori, aways down the hallway. He had his arms wrapped around Damian and was...kissing him!?

"Okay...maybe I do need to sit down cause apparently, I've entered another universe."

Kori raised an eyebrow at me, putting a hand on my cheek. "Okay, should I be worried about your mental health now babe?"

My gaze caught hers again and I shook my head, turning her by her shoulder to face Antonio and Damian.

"When did that happen? I thought after Jaso-" Kori put a hand over my mouth, shushing me as she watched the two.

Her face was scrunched up in thought and she tilted it to the side. "This isn't our business." She grabbed my shirt, pulling me into Jason's room.

"Wait, but-" she gave me a hard look, stopping me from continuing. "Right. Not our business." She nodded and took a deep breath. "I think it's sweet. The way he held Damian, there's love there."

She smiled, getting a far off gaze for a moment before looking over at Tim and Jason.

Tim was looking at us like we were insane and I had to hold back a laugh. "Hey guys...what's um, what's going on?" Kori smiled at him. "It's nothing. Sorry, how's Jason?"

Tim smiled, happily accepting the change in subject as he looked back at Jason.

"He's doing good. He was awake a little bit ago, but the meds made him tired. I don't think he fully realized what was going on...I hate seeing him like this...it hurts to think he felt this way when I was the one laying there unconscious."

He looked down, sniffling suddenly and grabbing Jason's hand tightly. Kori was at his side in a second, pulling him into a hug.

It was silent for a moment and I walked over, watching Jason before looking back at Tim. "He's stubborn and he has you now to protect. Trust me Tim, he won't be like this for long."

I've never been as good with words or advice like Kori was, not even close, but when Tim looked at me, I knew what I said had helped. At least a little.

He gave me a soft smile, nodding as he turned back to Jason. "Yeah, you're right. He has me and Damian now too."

I nodded, smiling widely before my blood ran cold and I sucked in a sharp breath. "Tim, the men that did this, I promise I will find them. I'll fix this. Whatever reason they had for doing this, they'll regret ever stepping inside that Cafe."

Tim and Kori were both watching me intently. Looking both concerned, yet relieved.

I had no idea at the moment how I'd find these guys, or what I'd do once I did, but they crossed a line. They'd pay for this.

Before either of them could say anything, I turned to leave the room, feeling my anger boil back up. I didn't want Tim getting anxious because of the atmosphere I was creating. He needed rest and to just be with Jason, but I needed to do this. This was my way of coping.

When I turned the corner, heading to the elevator my eyes landed on a man standing at the reception desk. My eyes widened and I stopped, standing still, stuck in place.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I grit my teeth and hissed my words out, sounding just as angry as I felt.

He turned to look at me, giving me a raised eyebrow and an unimpressed look. "Roy, I'm here to see my son. I have that right."

My eyes twitched. It actually twitched when he said that. Like hell he had the right.

"He's not receiving visitors at the moment. Please come back, oh never." My fists were clenched tightly at my sides and I forced myself to stay back away from him.

He had no right to see Jason. He may be blood, but he wasn't family.

Not to Jason and not to me.

"Roy, I know you hate me and that's fine, but like it or not Jason is my son and if you want my help in bringing down these men, you'll let me by." He walked closer to me, keeping his composer calm and stoic.

I sneered, almost bearing my teeth like an animal in disgust. "Why would we need, or want your help?" My body was shaking with rage, ready to act to defend Jason if I needed to.

There was no way Jason would want this man's help and with Tim back there too, I know he'd be pissed if he knew his dad was even in the hospital at all.

The look he gave me sent chills down my spine. He walked closer, but stopped just a few feet away. I could smell the sweet smell of peaches and wine on him.

It was nostalgic and I lowered my guard, breathing it in deeply as I eyed him.

"Because Roy, I can find out who they are, but I know where they went and maybe even what they wanted. If you want my resources on this, you will step aside." My mind spun and my guard was back up.

He knew that much? How?

I was at a loss. If he really did know all this, then his help was valuable. If he was just tricking me, Jason would be pissed.

I wasn't sure what to say and just stared at him for a long moment, letting the silence around us grow uneasy.

With a final sigh, I turned, heading back to Jason's room. When I heard footsteps following me I stopped, glancing over my shoulder before speaking.

"Wait here. He doesn't want you involved with Tim. You can see him, but on my terms. We do things our way, not yours."

He gave a nod and stayed put as I walked into the room. This wasn't going to be fun to explain to Kori, but I knew if I said no, he'd just come in on his own anyway.

At least this way, I was in control of the situation. I had the say on what would happen. For the most part anyway. He wouldn't meet or see Tim and he wouldn't involve himself with their relationship.

If he could really help us, then great, but if it was just a lie or trick, I was prepared to take actions to remove him from the premises.

He may have been the original Red Mafia boss, but Jason and I ran things differently. He'd soon find out, if he doesn't know already, that we won't take shit from anyone. Especially him.
__________________________________

Bruce's POV

Terry had fallen asleep in my arms while I was working on my laptop.

With so much going on at WE recently, I knew he wasn't getting enough attention from me. So I stayed home today just to be with him and Helena.

Although, while Helena was more focused on the TV, Terry had been attached to my hip all day.

I sighed happily, moving my laptop to the side to just wrap my arms around him. He snuggled closer to my chest, letting out a soft noise in his sleep.

It warmed my heart and I placed a kiss on his head. I didn't care how old he was, he was still my baby. My youngest.

I turned when my phone lit up, Tim's face appeared on the screen and I smiled widely, quickly answering and switching it to my earpiece. "Hey Tim. How's everything going?"

Helena's head whipped around at the mention of her brother, a huge grin on her face. "Tim?" She rushed over, sitting next to me, waiting not very patiently for a chance to talk to him.

"Hey dad, well the good news is, I can travel again." He paused and I heard him take a deep breath and frowned. "Usually there's bad news that follows something like that. Is everything okay son?"

It was quiet for a moment and I heard a sniff. My body tensed up and I breathed in slowly. "Tim?"

Helena stared at me confused, laying a hand on my arm. "Daddy, what's wrong?" As soon as she asked, Selena walked in and I motioned for her to take the kids.

She frowned at me, but didn't ask as she took Terry in her arms and offered Helena her hand. "Come on sweety, daddy needs some privacy for a bit. Let's go make some cookies."

Helena pouted, deciding on how to react before smiling excitedly and nodding. She grabbed Selena's hand, leaving with her.

Once they were gone, I turned my attention fully onto the phone call. "Tim what's going on? Is Damian okay?" That seemed to snap him back to reality. "Yes. Yeah he's okay now."

Now?

"It's um...it's Jason actually. He and Damian went out for coffee and these guys started shooting at them."

My heart was pounding and I stood up, unable to sit still any longer. I pinched the bridge of my nose, taking in a deep breath. "Who?" My head was spinning and my stomach churned.

I heard a sigh. "We don't know. Jason's father is actually helping us find out, but...well it's kinda confusing cause Jason hates him, but anyway, he got shot...Damian saved his life, dad."

Another sniffle then a sob.

My chest clenched and I heaved. I could feel Tim's pain just through his voice.

Just days after he gets shot, Jason does. The odds were uncanny. "Tim, hey what can I do? What do you need me to do?" I tried to sound cool and collected, but I was ready to break.

Tim had worked so hard his entire life to get to where he is now. Loved and in love. Jason was his saving grace and I know he wouldn't have lasted much longer the way he was.

Closed up and pushed away from everything.

He barely had a life outside WE and even as a person that believes in a hard day's work, I didn't want him to live like that.

It wasn't even really a life. Or a life style. It was just a distraction so he didn't have to face reality.

Now, he was happy, he was healthier than ever, even after dealing with getting kidnapped and shot in the leg. He was finally making physical connections with us. With his family. Especially with Damian.

It was so hard for me to leave both of them and come home, but I knew they needed this time together. It was so good for them.

Now though, it was time to come back. At least for a little while. "Tim, come home. Or back here if you wanna call their home, but just come here till things calm down. Please. Bring everyone. Jason and Roy and Kori. Just come here for a bit please."

I heard talking. Tim's voice was a little louder than the others and I waited. "Yeah, okay. I think that's a good idea. Jason is awake, I'm gonna talk to him about it and Damian too. As soon as we can leave, we'll come there."

I breathed out in relief, feeling content with his answer. "Okay son. Is Damian there?" I was pacing now, not able to even stand still.

I talked to both boys a few times since I left and Damian had seemed hesitant about something the last time we talked. I just felt like I needed to hear straight from him that he was okay. "Yeah, I'll give him the phone."

I heard talking again before I heard Damian's voice. "Hello father." He sounded tired. "Hey, Damian. Are you okay? I mean really okay?"

He was silent for a moment, but when he answered, he sounded happy. "Yes. I'm okay. Actually, I'm more than okay."

I smiled, feeling the last bit of tension leave my chest. "That's great to hear." I heard a soft laugh and it took a moment to realize it came from Damian.

"Tim told me about coming home. I was wondering, I have someone I'd like to bring home for you and mom to meet." He paused and I could hear the slight nervous tone in his voice.

He met someone? This is great.

I grinned. "Of course they can come, Damian. Tell Tim that anyone is welcome while all of this chaos gets figured out. I'm excited to meet this person and I'm glad to hear you sounding so happy. I love you Damian."

I heard a soft laugh. "I love you too, father. I'll tell Tim. The Doctor just walked in to talk to us so I should let you go." I sighed happily, feeling okay about hanging up. They were just fine. "Okay Damian. I'll see you soon." He said goodbye then hung up.

I was still shaken by the news, but after talking to both boys, I knew they were okay. They were both strong and stubborn. Definitely taking after me in that way no doubt.

Whatever was going on, Jason's father could take care of it. I wanted the kids here to rest and recuperate. Just in time for the holidays too.

I headed to the door, making my way to find Selena and tell her we'd have company. I knew she'd be thrilled that they're coming home and that she'll finally get to meet Jason.

I was curious about Damian's mystery person, but he sounded so happy. Maybe he'd found what Tim had found. Either way, I was glad he decided to tell us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.5K 55 10
This is going to be a rewrite/continuation of a lovely story from my old account (Antartica243) of the same name (as I intend to do with the majority...
168K 6.4K 39
Peter has a lot going on right now. The avengers are lead to believe he is a threat to New York. What happens if he gets kidnapped but does he get h...
1.7K 53 6
"He got so close! He couldn't hide it anymore. There was nothing anyone can do to stop him next time. Not even Annabeth." Seems like everyone wants t...