Work Ethics

mojoyogi tarafından

(I was inspired by the Wattpad possessed by: @dyspneagrime It's really good, read it) (Also I own no characte... Daha Fazla

Intro to the story
The accidental promise
Obnoxious
Getting used to you
Clubbing
Good morning
Baking soda volcano
A touch of teasing
We're a mess
A night I'd definitely remember
A/N
A big bunch of confusion
I'm so obsessed with you
Unexpected trip
What a day
You talk a lot
A little slip up
Running out of time
Do you love me?
Loving you the way you deserve
Time ran out
Over too soon
It was nice while it lasted
Love me, love me not
Decide
Compromise
IMPORTANT (A/N)
Death Attempt
Love and Death
It's all runined
Selfish
What would I do without you?
Drowning
Try to forgive, don't forget
Shot and shocked
You and me
Arrangements
Always, Forever
Oh baby
My girls
My little love
Surprise 2x
The end

Argue then make-up. Repeat.

6.1K 167 183
mojoyogi tarafından

James POV:

"Do you wanna change, or anything?" I ask as I pull up to her house. "No, but I should go check on Alpine and Sherlock! I haven't been home as much as I should." She nods, getting out of the car. "Y/n, please! We're already fucking late!" I call after her. She completely ignores me and trots her way down the dimly lit hallway.

I sigh and try to rush after her, but she was completely out of sight. "Y/n? Stop fucking around, where did you go?" I sigh. There was no way she made it to her apartment that quickly.

I was slightly scared for her. I couldn't see or hear her, and she could be snatched up fairly easily. "Y/n, I'm not joking." I warn. I hear some rustling behind me and just before I turn around I hear a loud voice.

"BOO!" 

I turn around fully and see Y/n standing in front of me. "Did I scare you?" She laughs. "The only thing that scared me was that you got your dumbass kidnapped" I scoff, shaking my head. "Aw! You were scared I would get kidnapped. How sweet" She coos. "They would most likely think I did something to you since we don't get along anyways" I shrug.

~

She walks in front of me and I walk behind, making sure she doesn't pull any shit again.

We get to her apartment and while she walks in, I wait outside.

"What are you doing? Come in!"

"Doll, We're not here to have a cute dinner and watch a movie. Just hurry up."

"Get your ass in here and stop acting like a little bitch" She laughs.

"Don't backtalk me, little girl" I spat out.

"What are you gonna do about it?" She giggles. I roll my eyes and walk into her little apartment, closing the door behind me.

I take a seat on the couch and she rushed to get her little cat. Y/n carries him over to me and places him on my lap. "Pet him!" She smiles. "I rather not" I mumble. She gives me an oddly pressuring smile, so I pet the cat. He purs as I gently stroke his furry body. "I'll go get Sherlock for you!" She cheers. "Who's that?" I ask, still petting her cat.

She comes back with a little hedgehog in her hands. "You have a pet hedgehog?" I question. She nods and holds him up to me. "Isn't he cute! You can pet his little belly" She smiles. I nod and use my finger to pet its stomach. We stay petting her little animals for about 10 minutes before we leave to go meet Steve and Natasha at the bar.

~

Y/n's POV:

"What the hell took you two so long? You're 20 minutes late" Steve laughed. "Y/n insisted that we check on her pets" James explained. I smile and go to sit with Nat. "Hello stranger" I tease. "Hey, how long has it been?" She laughed, hugging me.

"3 days"

"Feels like longer! How are you and James getting along?" She smiles.

"Um, well not too well. He finds me very obnoxious." I giggle. "That makes two of us" She mumbles, taking a sip of her champagne. "Excuse me!" I scoff, nudging her. As Nat and I laughed and talked James walked up to us. "Do you want a drink?" He asks. "Sure! Can I have something fruity?" I cheer. He nods and orders something for me.

"Grapefruit Negroni. If you don't like it, I'll get you something else."

I take a sip and look back up at him. "I like it!"

He nods and goes back to Steve. "Well that didn't seem like the two of you hated each other"  She giggles. "It's probably because I let him meet Sherlock and Alpine. They softened him." I explain.  "Right! Makes sense to me" She mumbles, obviously lying.

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"Not that I know of. Also speaking of girlfriend, what's your status with Steve?" I smile, wiggling my body and my eyebrows.

"Yes Y/n, we are dating" She laughs.

"Ah! My best friend has a boyfriend! Hope this one will last" I sequel

"HEY!" She faux frowns, nudging my arm

"Joking" I smile, raising my arm in defeat

She goes on a rant about her and Steve and how they were doing really well together until a raspy, deep voice calls my name.

"Y/n"

I look up to see who was behind me. James.

"Huh?"

"Go up on stage"  He demands

I swing around and give him a questioning look. "What!?"

"Go sing." He orders, once again

"Why?" I whine

"Don't be a brat. Go"

"I would put up a fight, but I don't want to embarrass you by beating you up" I tease

"I'm shivering" He mocks, rolling his eyes

"You should be" I shrug, walking away to the stage

I stand on the stage, glaring at James. I tell them the song I wanted to sing and stand at the microphone. The song starts and soon after, I do too.

I was slightly nervous to sing in front of many people, but after a deep breath, I was much calmer. My voice flowed smoothly with the beat and when I was done everyone cheered. I smile at them and walk back to our group.

"You have a pretty voice" James nods, giving me the start of a smile.

"What!? That was the first compliment you ever gave me! Say it again so I can record it" I cheer, pulling out my phone.

"I take it back"

"You can't do that!" I pout

"Says who?"

"Says me" I smile, putting my hands on my hips

"You don't have much authority, do you?" He questions, tilting his head and furrowing his brows.

"And you do?" I ask, leaning in

"More than you, little girl" He spits out.

"I'm 24 for your information"

"A child" He scoffs

"Don't be mad cause you're old" I laugh, pointing at him with my finger

"Get your finger out of my fucking face"

Just when I was about to fuel the fire, Steve put his hand in front of the two of us and pulled James away.

~

James POV:

"Calm the hell down" Steve scoffed

"She just loves to push my buttons" I spat out, severely annoyed with her.

"You know what? I'll take her home tonight" He sighed

I could tell he was irritated with us both. "No, it's fine. I'm sorry for acting like childish"

"You sure?"

I nod and walk back over to Y/n who was talking with Natasha

"Are you ready to go?" I ask

She looks back at me and nods with a kind smile on her face. We exit the building and get into my car.

"I'm sorry for calling you old," She says, looking over at me.

I look over at her and apologies as well. "I'm sorry for taking back my compliment. You can have it back" I subtly joke. A smile slowly appears on her face as she starts to hysterically laugh at my bad joke. "I didn't know Mr. Billionare told jokes" She smiles. I shrug and pull out of the bar.

Y/n sings the whole way to her house.

~

Y/n's POV:

I step out of the car and happily wait for James to get out as well. He walks me to my door just like any other day, but I called him back when he walked away.

"James?"

He turns around and looks back at me. "Yes, Y/n?"

"Can I get your number?" I smile

He looks at me and squints.

"Not in an 'I wanna date you' way." I scoff

He nods and walks back over to me. He holds out his hand, motioning for me to give him my phone. I unlock it and hand it to him.

After he put his number on my phone I look up at him. "What should your contact name be?" I smile. "I really don't care" He huffs. "Do you like Jamie? I like it" I shrug.

"No. I don't like it"

I look at him and nod. "James it is" A lie.

He walks away and I wave. "Goodnight James!"

"Goodnight Y/n" He replies, still walking away

I walk into my house and greet my pets, feeding and playing with them. After about an hour I text James

"What a boring man" I mumble to myself.

~

I take a shower and lay in my bed, Alpine cuddling with me. I smirk to myself and grab my phone. "Let's see what Jamie is up to shall we?" I smile at Alpine as I press the FaceTime button. 

After just a few seconds, he answers.

"Hi!" I sing out.

"What the hell do you want?" He groans

I look at him through the screen. He was sitting on a couch, his hair was slightly wet and he didn't have a shirt. Exposing his God-like physique. I could also see his tattoo on his left arm, it was was a sleeve I assumed, but the tattoo was also planted on his pec. 

"I'm bored, again" I smile

"I'm not your source of entertainment" 

"James, can I see your tattoo?" I ask, completely disregarding his irritation.

He rolls his eyes and points the camera towards his arm. I admire the quality and detail of the art. "Cool! When did you get it done?" I ask

"About 3 years ago" He replies

"I don't have any tattoos, should I get one?" I smile.

"Do what you want" He sighs

I continue to talk about random things, like, what food I like, my favorite color and,  what I like to do. 

James watched as I rambled for a good 45 minutes. He didn't look very interested but I could tell he was listening.

"Y/n. I know you're enjoying talking because you always do. But I'm tired and I'm going to bed" He yawns.

"OK! Night-night Jamsey-Wamsey" I tease.

"Don't call me tha-" I cut his words to an end by hanging up in his face. 

I fall into a deep, comfortable sleep.

~

I get dressed for my semi-job and hop in the car once Benjamin pulls up. 

I walk into the big building, walking onto the elevator, making my way into James' office. I open the door to see him sitting at his desk typing intensely. "Morning" I smile. "Morning" He mumbles, not taking his eyes off of his computer. 

I sit on the couch and play with my nails, waiting for James to instruct me to do something. 

After a good 10 minutes, he stands up from his chair. "Come here" He motions. I nod and stand up, walking closer to him. "Tomorrow is the end of the workweek. I've decided that it would be quite unfair if I made you quit your job and made you rely on your singing gigs when you're busy with this all the time. So I'm going to pay you." He nods. 

"Oh! Really? How much?" I smile. 

"You'll see when you get it" He shrugs, walking away from me. 

"I wanna know" I whine, following him. 

"Don't be a brat" He says sternly, turning around towards me. 

"Tell me!" I demand. 

"You have a mouth, don't you?" He mocks, looking down at me.

"I'm glad you can see Mr.Barnes" I nod, giving him the same mocking tone he gave me

"Don't use that tone with me" He spits out

"Or what?" I giggle

"You say that shit a lot" He complains rolling his eyes

"You make me say it a lot" I pout crossing my arms

"Either way, I'm done arguing with a child" He taunts

"And I'm done arguing with an old man" 

He glares at me so intensely I felt my eyes beginning to burn. "Say it again. I fucking dare you. Say it!" He challenged. 

"You're an old fucking man" I smile, provoking him. 

I could tell he was about to say something but once he opened his mouth, Jane knocked on the door, her face peeking in. "Am I interrupting something?" She asks, coldly. 

"No. Not at all" James clears his throat, running his hands through his hair. "We need you in the meeting room," She says, glaring at me. He gives her a stern nod and she closes the door. "Make yourself useful and go get me a coffee." He spits out. "Sir, yes sir, Mr. Barnes" I smile, brushing past him on purpose. 

I pull out my phone and look up the coffee place he liked to go to. "Hey! It's not too far" I smile. I walk about half a mile and then I arrive at my destination. 

"Hello!" I cheer. 

"Good morning, what can I get you?" The man behind the counter greets

"Just a plain black coffee, please"

"Alright, what size?" 

"Medium, please" I smile

"Alright. Name?" He asks

"Umm, Barnes" I nod

"Oh! You're with Buchanan Barnes inc.?"

 "Yep!" 

"Alright, that will be $100!" He cheered. I nearly choked. "Oh. OK," I say, hoarsely. I pay and wait for them to call the name that I gave them. 

"Barnes!" 

I walk up and grab the coffee. I walk out of the shop and make my way back to the building. 

James POV:

*Knock Knock*

"Come in" I call

Y/n walks in with a coffee in her hand. "Your coffee, sir" She laughs.

"Took you long enough" I complain, walking towards her. "You're so rude" She huffs. 

"Suck it up" 

"You must like me a lot to always want to start a fight with me" She teases. "In your dreams, doll-face. I scoff, sipping my coffee. "Barnes, how old are you?" She asks, sitting on my desk. "36, and get your ass off my desk." I sigh. "But my ass is comfortable." She pouts. 

"I don't care, get down" 

She swings her legs, taking advantage of her feet not touching the floor. She just stares at me, grinning. 

"Don't make me get you down myself" I warned in a low, raspy tone.

She shrugs. I put down my coffee. I put my hands on her waist and swoop her off my desk, placing her on the floor. "Stop provoking me and go bother someone else"

"Why don't you ever smile?" She asks

"I don't have anything to smile about" I reply

"You're successful, you're rich, you're hot, you're tall, you're kinda scary, and uhh, you have a nice friend" She smiles. 

"None of that makes me want to smile" 

She frowns and looks back up at me. She wraps her arms around me, the best she could and squeezes me. 

"Why are you hugging me?" I ask, looking down at the top of her head. "Because you're sad" She smiles, looking up at me. I slightly smile to myself and pat her head. "Thank you, Y/n" I whisper. She lets go of me and smiles. "Of course!"

The day continues and I take Y/n home. I take her to her doorstep. "Goodnight James" She smiles, holding out her arms. I decided to give in just this once and hug her, repaying for earlier. "Goodnight Y/n," I mumble into her ear. She keeps her arms wrapped around my waist. "OK, that's enough" I complain, prying her from my grip. She looks up at me and smiles. 

"See you tomorrow!" 

"Tomorrow is Saturday, doll" I reply, slightly confused.

"I know, drive safe" She waves, walking into her apartment. 

"She's 100% gonna call me" I mumble to myself, rolling my eyes. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

314K 6.8K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
321 18 9
Ally had a difficult past when she was trained in the red room. She had joined the Avengers to fight alongside them. She met a guy named James at sta...
310K 7.4K 47
When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends. Looking at Bucky you want something mor...
402K 9K 127
Highest Ranks •#40 on Fanfiction(05/11/18) •#8 Captasha . •#4 Romanogers This takes place after Captian America: Civil War. Sharon is now officially...