After the Rebellion | Part 2

By hichloeex

This is the book after, after the rebellion. If you haven't read that I suggest you do before reading this on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Third book!

Chapter 16

3K 68 94
By hichloeex

19th February

31 Weeks Pregnant

9 Weeks till Baby

WEDDING DAY!

-Katniss

I woke up at half past five from an extreme battle of kick mummy's stomach from the baby. I gave up trying to sleep after I was woken; I had to be up at 6 am anyways to get ready for mine and Peeta's wedding. I have no idea why Effie wanted me to get up this early, the wedding isn't until 12 and it won't take me six hours to get ready or for any of the bridesmaids to get ready either.

Last night was one of the worst night's sleeps I've ever had, it was filled with nightmares. Children having no families, Peeta being hijacked and Prim. Prim's death replaying through them all. I woke up screaming each time, with no one to comfort me, no arms to protect me from the nightmares, no lips to kiss away the pain. Just me. Alone.

It's ten forty-five and I'm currently being remade from Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire to Katniss soon to be mummy of a child and a wife of a baker. When they finally finish applying all different products of make-up to my face and all different lotions to my hands, and whatever they've done to my hair it's eleven thirty. I'm only thirty minutes away from seeing the man I love, the father of my baby and the soon to be husband. The thought of it sent me off track and I had to be pinched slightly on the arm to be brought back into reality.

It took 4 people to help me get my dress on and to make it sit right on my bump. It made my stomach look bigger than I've ever seen it before; anyone would swear I was having twins, triplets even.

My bridesmaids; Joanna, Annie, and Effie look beautiful in their sunset orange dresses, flowing straight down to their feet with a small slit going up the one side. Annie picked them. She wouldn't let Effie make her up into some erotic Capitol style dress, and she knew Joanna would appreciate her choosing. If Joanna had chosen what they were going to wear they would all turn up naked, oiling their breasts like she was in the training room of the quarter quell. Peeta tried to persuade me to ask Delly to be a bridesmaid but I openly refused the offer, not with the history they have together.

My mother is also dressed in a sunset orange dress but she isn't one of my bridesmaids, she's going to be walking me down the aisle with Haymitch. I didn't want it to just be one of them, they've both done so much for me so it's the least I could do for the both of them.

Effie's 4 months pregnant now so you can see the bump forming and growing rapidly. The dress really shows off her figure and the little baby bump. Who would have known there would be two pregnant main ladies at this wedding?

My wedding shoes are just flat, open toe shoes. I was informed by Effie that from my lack of balance on heels it wouldn't be a smart idea to put a 31 week pregnant woman with my experience of heels in heels on her wedding day when she can hardly walk as it is. Effie is wearing slightly smaller heels than she's used to as well must have been Haymitch's instructions as she never would have listened to me.

***

Peeta

I didn't get an inch of sleep last night; I couldn't get Katniss out of my mine. Spending alight without her affected me more than I knew it would. I had realised I couldn't live without her, but for one night it was ridiculous. The way I felt towards her was overwhelming. I wonder how she slept, how she is, how the baby is.

It's currently ten twenty and I've been informed to be in the meadow at eleven forty five as I've been told that Katniss is eager to see me and won't be a second late for the ceremony.

I'm dressed in my tux, the one that Katniss picked out. She has a good style because I love it, it's really different than what I'd expected her to pick out.

Annie's son, Finn is dressed in a little black suit with a little sunset orange bow tie to match his mother's bridesmaid dress. I don't know how Annie copes, Finn is only 2 but he looks exactly like Finnick did. You can definitely say that Finn is Finnick's son for sure. I don't know how I would cope if Katniss ever passed away and I was left with a daughter that looked the spitting-imagine as her, it would drive me insane.

We're on our way to the meadow, the place Katniss begged to have to wedding. I don't blame her for choosing it, it's a beautiful setting and tonight we can watch the sun set, just like we did in the Quarter Quell on that beach.

I greet the very few guests we invited; Gale, Cressida, Greasy Sae, Plutarch, Pollux, Delly, Beetee, President Paylor and Caesar.

I see Katniss' prep team arriving and they give me an approving nod before taking their seats. A few people from twelve turn up too. Megan, a girl from school that I always caught looking at me from a distance, arrives with her boyfriend I assume.

The time turns twelve o'clock and I'm standing down at the flower arch nervously, I've waited so long to actually call Katniss mine, and my wife that I can't believe it's actually happening. We're going to be a proper family, nothing like mine and Katniss' dysfunctional families. We're going to never leave the side of our children, yes. 'Children' we will be having more than just one child I can assure. It's what I've always wanted.

***

Katniss

It's just turned eleven fifty and we're leaving the house to make a slow decent towards the meadow. It's only a short walk from our house which is wonderful as I can always visit the place Peeta and I got married and when our child is born I can bring her or him here and tell them all about it and the feeling I have right now about marrying their father.

I let my bridesmaids walk first. Effie and Joanna linked arms walking down first together, then Annie and her son Finn hand in hand walking after them. Haymitch comes over to me and whispers in my ear, "You ready sweetheart?" I smile instantly as a response, too nervous to speak a word. His arm wraps around mine, my mother does the same after wiping the tears from her cheeks and we slowly make our way towards the flower arch where he's standing. Peeta.

The guests all stand at my arrival and they smile as I walk past them slowly. I catch eye of that girl from school, Megan I think her name was, opened mouthed staring right at my stomach. One of Peeta's admirers I assume.

I didn't even realised we had reached where Peeta was standing until I felt Haymitch kiss my forehead a whisper to my ear, "Stay alive." Before he walks to sit next to Effie, my mother kisses my cheek without saying a word and walks to take her seat next to Annie and Joanna.

I join Peeta by standing next to him in under the flower arch; our hands find each other's and our fingers lace together, inseparable. He leans over and whispers into my ear, "You look beautiful, Katniss." I blush at his words before kissing his cheek briefly. The local district twelve priest starts the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony. The two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace."

I squeeze Peeta's hand not sure if I'm reassuring him or myself that nothing's going to go wrong and nobody will stop our wedding, one of the most important days of our lives.

"Okay, wonderful," he says before continuing. "I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that if any persons are joined together other than as God's Word doth allow, their marriage is not lawful."

I don't remember my parents wedding being like this, this must be what a Capitol wedding must be like. I told Effie I didn't precisely want one of these but I'm grateful I suppose.

"Peeta Mellark, Wilt thou have this Woman to be thy wedded wife, to live together, Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her, so long as you both shall live?"

Peeta answers almost instantly, "I will." I'm thankful he asked Peeta first, I would have had no idea what to say.

"Katniss Everdeen, Wilt thou have this Man to thy wedded husband, to live together, Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him, so long as you both shall live?"

I swallow past the lump forming in my throat at answer clearly, "I will."

He then nods towards us to place our right hands in each other's, and we do so. "Repeat after me," he says.

"I Peeta, take thee Katniss to my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part,"

Peeta repeats each word he says perfectly, his eyes never leaving mine.

He then says the same thing again, but to me this time.

"I Katniss, take thee Peeta to my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part,"

I repeat after him, making sure I pronounce each word correctly, trying to hold back the tears.

Little Finn walks up towards us carrying the wedding rings we have chosen for each other personally. He hands the man the rings and he hands Peeta the ring he picked out for5 me.

He takes my left hand and puts the ring at the tip of my finger before repeating after him.

"With this Ring I thee wed: In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen."

He then goes onto say, "BLESS, O Lord, this Ring, that he who gives it and she who wears it may abide in thy peace, and continue in they favour, unto their life's end; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Peeta pushes the ring down onto my finger and I stare at the plain wedding band, he knows exactly what I like, I love him so much.

We do this again but it's me placing the ring onto Peeta's finger this time.

All the guests then stand and we all say the old prayer, our fathers would say to us each night before putting us to sleep.

Everyone is then seated and he then again speaks, "Send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this Man and this Woman, whom we bless in thy Name; that they, living faithfully together, may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, whereof this Ring given and received is a token and pledge, and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws, Amen." He pauses before carrying on, "Look mercifully upon these thy servants that they may love, honour, and cherish each other, and so live together in faithfulness and patience, in wisdom and true godliness, that their home may be a haven of blessing and of peace. Amen.

He then joins our right hands together and speaks, yet again, "Those whom have joined together let no man put asunder."

I have no idea what half of these words are that he's saying, but I'm just thankful that I'm finally getting to marry Peeta. And he finally says what everyone came here to hear, "By giving and receiving a Ring, and by joining hands; I pronounce that they are Man and Wife, You may now kiss the bride, Peeta."

These are the only words that register in my mind and before I know it mine and Peeta's lips are locked together in a small, loving kiss. My baby bump getting in the way so we both pull away laughing slightly. The tears stream down my cheeks and he wipes them away with his finger before placing another kiss on my forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 234 41
This Story takes place after mocking jay, but before the epilogue. Its the story of how Peeta and Katniss grew back together after the war. I will t...
16.8K 485 22
This is not Mockingjay - this Story begins 4 weeks after Peeta's rescue and tells what happens after that. It's only my idea what could have happened...
4.4K 14 14
book 2/3 --> this is the sequel of Victory. If you haven't read Victory yet, then I highly recommend that you read it before you read this book I...
40.5K 572 79
This story is based on the characters, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. They both are from the hunger games trilogy, which is a beautifully writte...