Always • Charlie Weasley

By mscmasr3

Malak Aboul Gheit is no stranger to suffering. To death. But she is neither a stranger to love. The path of t... More

CAST
PROLOGUE 0 - ٠
PART 1 - ١ | BEGINNINGS
1:١ | the incident
2:٢ | the perfect gift
3:٣ | el beit beitak
4:٤ | the Egyptian felon
5:٥ | a good start
6:٦ | the forest
7:٧ | thoth
8:٨ | the hatch
9:٩ | the lecture
PART 2 - ٢ | CHANGES
1:١ | those blue eyes
2:٢ | bunny
3:٣ | the dog star
4:٤ | moony
5:٥ | sweet sixteen
6:٦ | mischief managed
7:٧ | prongs
8:٨ | season's greetings
9:٩ | dragons
10:١٠ | realizations
11:١١ | crookshanks
12:١٢ | padfoot
13:١٣ | wormtail
14:١٤ | dreams of freedom
15:١٥ | buckbeak
PART 3 - ٣ | DARKNESS
1:١ | rania
2:٢ | that Egyptian summer
3:٣ | the burrow
4:٤ | that English summer
5:٥ | student WISA
6:٦ | everything
7:٧ | ton-tongue toffee
8:٨ | quidditch talks
9:٩ | quidditch camp
10:١٠ | quidditch cup
11:١١ | the mark
12:١٢ | him
13:١٣ | runes
14:١٤ | the picture
15:١٥ | lucky bastards
16:١٦ | the tournament
17:١٧ | mad-eye moody
18:١٨ | the goblet of fire
20:٢٠ | wand weighting
21:٢١ | the first task
22:٢٢ | sárkánybűvölő
23:٢٣ | we
24: ٢٤ | idiotic
25:٢٥ | amendments
26:٢٦ | preparations
27:٢٧ | the Yule Ball
28:٢٨ | the pre-Yule Ball

19:١٩ | the champions

1K 53 4
By mscmasr3

"What is it?" Fleur Delacour broke the silence. "Do zey want us back in ze 'all?"

Her voice seemed to wake Malak up from her trance. With three long strides, the Egyptian witch crossed the room to stand in front of her godbrother, who was simply staring at them with a vacant look in his eyes.

"Harry!?" Malak demanded — her lips were quivering in anger and she had to bit them to stop the movement.

"I didn't put my name, I swear Malak" he whispered in a worried, nervous voice.

I'm a swift motion, the hand of the Egyptian went to rest on his forehead, just on top of his scar, to look into his memories of the last 24 hours. The boy's godsister just needed to make sure there wasn't any dark magic involved in the submission of his name. As the memories played on the back of his mind like an old muggle film, Harry felt a strange relief in knowing that Malak would undoubtedly believe him.

Just then, there was a sound of scurrying feet behind them, and Ludo Bagman entered the room. He took Harry by the arm and led him forward, completely ignoring Malak.

"Extraordinary!" he muttered, squeezing Harry's arm. "Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen... ladies," he added. "May I introduce —incredible though it may seem— the fourth Triwizard champion?"

Viktor Krum straightened up. His surly face darkened as he surveyed Harry. Fleur Delacour, tossed her hair, smiling, and said, "Oh, vairy funny joke, Meester Bagman."

"Joke?" Bagman repeated, bewildered. "No, no, not at all! Harry's name just came out of the Goblet of Fire!"

"But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," the French girl continued. "E cannot compete. 'E is not of age."

"Well... it is amazing," said Bagman, rubbing his smooth chin and smiling down at Harry. "But, as you know, the age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as his name's come out of the goblet... I mean, I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage... It's down in the rules, you're obliged... Harry will just have to do the best he —"

"He didn't submit his name" Malak spoke sternly, looking at Bagman straight in the eye. Perhaps it was him that had done it, hoping to win one of his extravagant bets — too suspicious if he did it himself but if done through a third person it could easily had been him. Just the thought of it made all blood in her body rush through the veins of the Egyptian, boiling in anger.

Luckily for Bagman, the door behind them opened again, and a large group of people came in — Professor Dumbledore, followed closely by Mr. Crouch, Professor Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Snape.

"Madame Maxime!" said Fleur at once, striding over to her headmistress. "Zey are saying zat zis little boy is to compete also! 'E is not of age"

"What is ze meaning of zis, Dumbly-dorr?" she said imperiously.

"I'd rather like to know that myself, Dumbledore," said Professor Karkaroff. "Two Hogwarts champions? I don't remember anyone telling me the host school is allowed two champions — or have I not read the rules carefully enough?"
He gave a short and nasty laugh.

"C'est impossible," said Madame Maxime. "Ogwarts cannot 'ave two champions. It is most injust."

"We were under the impression that your Age Line would keep out younger contestants, Dumbledore," said Karkaroff. "Otherwise, we would, of course, have brought along a wider selection of candidates from our own schools."

"It's no one's fault but Potter's, Karkaroff," said Snape softly. "Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potter's determination to break rules —"

"He didn't submit his name" Malak cut him, now visibly angered. She just couldn't stand his accusation.

"And how do you know, Gheit?" Retorted Snape, "for all we know, you could have been helping him—"

"Thank you, Severus," said Dumbledore firmly, and Snape went quiet immediately.

Dumbledore was now looking down at Harry, who looked right back at him, trying to discern the expression of the eyes behind the half-moon spectacles.

"Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry?" he asked calmly.

"No," said Harry.

"Did you ask an older student to put it into the Goblet of Fire for you?" said Professor Dumbledore.

"No," said Harry vehemently.

"Ah, but of course 'e is lying!" cried Madame Maxime.

"Malak?" Dumbledore inquired. "I presume you've read his mind — legilimens?"

"And we are going to take her word for it!?" Karkaroff scoffed. "If I head correctly her name is Aboul Gheit — we should be wary of her given her... ancestry."

"She comes from a noble Egypzian 'ouse, sir" Fleur spoke much to Malak's surprise. "Zey are know for zeir neutrality."

"Of course," laughed Karkaroff. "It is not the Egyptian side I'm worried about..."

How on Earth does he know about my dad? thought Malak, her face contorting in a worried expression.

"Her grandfather fought alongside mine in the Global Wizarding War" Viktor spoke, surprising the Egyptian again and Karkaroff along with her. "Questioning her family's integrity will be questioning mine as well. And I won't allow it, Professor Karkaroff."

That seemed to undoubtedly shut Durmstrang's headmaster, who retreated as a wounded dog next to his champion.

"Mr. Crouch... Mr. Bagman," said Karkaroff, still a bit appalled by Viktor's reaction "you are our — er — objective judges. Surely you will agree that this is most irregular?"

Bagman wiped his round, boyish face with his handkerchief and looked at Mr. Crouch, who was standing outside the circle of the firelight, his face half hidden in shadow. He looked slightly eerie, the half darkness making him look much older, giving him an almost skull-like appearance. When he spoke, however, it was in his usual curt voice.

"We must follow the rules, and the rules state clearly that those people whose names come out of the Goblet of Fire are bound to compete in the tournament."

"Well, Barty knows the rule book back to front," said Bagman, beaming, as though the matter was now closed.

"I insist upon resubmitting the names of the rest of my students," said Karkaroff. "You will set up the Goblet of Fire once more, and we will continue adding names until each school has two champions. It's only fair, Dumbledore."

"But Karkaroff, it doesn't work like that," said Bagman. "The Goblet of Fire's just gone out — it won't reignite until the start of the next tournament —"

"— in which Durmstrang will most certainly not be competing!" exploded Karkaroff. "After all our meetings and negotiations and compromises, I little expected something of this nature to occur! I have half a mind to leave now!"

"Empty threat, Karkaroff," growled a voice from near the door. "You can't leave your champion now. He's got to compete. They've all got to compete. Binding magical contract, like Dumbledore said. Convenient, eh?"

Moody had just entered the room. He limped toward the fire, and with every right step he took, there was a loud clunk.

"Convenient?" said Karkaroff. "I'm afraid I don't understand you, Moody."

"Don't you?" said Moody quietly. "It's very simple, Karkaroff. Someone put Potter's name in that goblet knowing he'd have to compete if it came out."

"Evidently, someone 'oo wished to give 'Ogwarts two bites at ze apple!" said Madame Maxime.

"I quite agree, Madame Maxime," said Karkaroff. "I shall be lodging complaints with the Ministry of Magic and the International Confederation of Wizards —"

"If anyone's got reason to complain, it's Potter," growled Moody, "but... funny thing... I don't hear him saying a word..."

"Why should 'e complain?" burst out Fleur, stamping her foot. "E 'as ze chance to compete, 'asn't 'e? We 'ave all been 'oping to be chosen for weeks and weeks! Ze honor for our schools! 1,000 Galleons in prize money — zis is a chance many would die for!"

"Maybe someone's hoping Potter is going to die for it," said Moody, with the merest trace of a growl.

An extremely tense silence followed these words. For once, Malak couldn't agree more with the ex Auror. It made sense — Bagman's theory seemed possible, but he was a gambler not a murderer, as his anxious demeanor revealed, "Moody, old man... what a thing to say!"

"We all know Professor Moody considers the morning wasted if he hasn't discovered six plots to murder him before lunchtime," said Karkaroff loudly.

"Imagining things, am I?" growled Moody. "Seeing things, eh? It was a skilled witch or wizard who put the boy's name in that goblet..."

"Ah, what evidence is zere of zat?" said Madame Maxime.

"Because they hoodwinked a very powerful magical object!" said Moody. "It would have needed an exceptionally strong Confundus Charm to bamboozle that goblet into forgetting that only three schools compete in the tournament... I'm guessing they submitted Potter's name under a fourth school, to make sure he was the only one in his category..."

"You seem to have given this a great deal of thought, Moody," said Karkaroff coldly.

"There are those who'll turn innocent occasions to their advantage," Moody retorted in a menacing voice. "It's my job to think the way Dark wizards do, Karkaroff — as you ought to remember..."

"Alastor!" said Dumbledore warningly.

"How this situation arose, we do not know," said Dumbledore, speaking to everyone gathered in the room. "It seems to me, however, that we have no choice but to accept it. Both Malak and Harry have been chosen to compete in the Tournament. This, therefore, they will do..."

"Ah, but Dumbly-dorr -"

"My dear Madame Maxime, if you have an alternative, I would be delighted to hear it."

There was a moment of silence, until Bagman spoke. "Well, shall we crack on, then? Got to give our champions their instructions, haven't we? Barty, want to do the honors?"

"Yes," Mr. Crouch said, "instructions. The first task is designed to test your daring, so we are not going to be telling you what it is. Courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard. The first task will take place on November the 24th, in front of the other students and the panel of judges. The champions are not permitted to ask for or accept help of any kind from their teachers to complete the tasks. The champions will face the first challenge armed only with their wands. They will receive information about the second task when the first is over. Owing to the demanding and time-consuming nature of the tournament, the champions are exempted from end-of-year tests."

Mr. Crouch turned to look at Dumbledore. "I think that's all, is it, Albus?"

"I think so," said Dumbledore, "are you sure you wouldn't like to stay at Hogwarts tonight, Barty?"

"No, Dumbledore, I must get back to the Ministry," said Mr. Crouch.

"You'll come and have a drink before you go, at least?" said Dumbledore.

"Come on, Barty, I'm staying!" said Bagman brightly. "It's all happening at Hogwarts now, you know, much more exciting here than at the office!"

"I think not, Ludo," said Crouch.

"Professor Karkaroff — Madame Maxime — a nightcap?" said Dumbledore.

But Madame Maxime had already put her arm around Fleur's shoulders and was leading her swiftly out of the room. Karkaroff beckoned to Krum, and they, too, exited, though in silence.

"Harry, Malak, I suggest you go up to bed," said Dumbledore, smiling at both of them. "I am sure Gryffindor is waiting to celebrate with you, and it would be a shame to deprive them of this excellent excuse to make a great deal of mess and noise."

Harry glanced at Malak, who nodded, and they left together.

"We are starting training tomorrow" Malak spoke with a serious tone as they wandered the school halls. "I want to see you at breakfast at 8. You've got a lot of learning to do."

"They said we couldn't accept help" Harry protested.

"From teachers" Malak retorted. "I'm a student."

"But..."

Malak stopped abruptly, as they got near the Common Room, and held the boy's shoulders at arms length. "Harry, I don't think you are grasping the seriousness of this situation. People die in this tournament. My grandmother participated in the African edition when she was a student and she always mentioned how though it was..."

"I'm afraid, Malak" confessed the boy, suddenly cutting her words and making her worried expression soften.

"You would be a fool if you weren't" Malak resumed walking, not without throwing an arm around his shoulders and giving him a tight side squeeze. "But you will be fine. We just have a lot of training to do."

All of a sudden, they found themselves in front of the Fat Lady. Harry uttered the password and both Hogwarts champions were greeted with a deserted Common Room.

"Wow" Malak spoke, a little disappointed. "So much for 'mess and noise'."

"There is a surprise for you upstairs" Harry spoke, sounding as defeated as ever. "We were all on it — everybody knew you were going to be Hogwarts' champion."

"Hey, why so gloomy? We are co-champions now!" She tried.

"Sorry I ruined your surprise."

"You didn't ruin anything. Whoever put your name in there did us both a number, but we are going to come out of this stronger, Harry" she said with a soft smile. "You specially, I'm going to train you like my grandma used to train me. You are going to hate the mere mention of my name."

Harry smirked faintly.

"Hey, do you want to stay up a bit? We can go down to the kitchen and have a cup of cocoa and play exploding snap or something" Malak suggested.

"You should go to your room" Harry spoke. "I told you, there is a surprise for you."

"I'm sure my surprise can wait" Malak reasoned. "I am of age now, a responsible adult, Harry. I can make responsible decisions."

"Yeah sure, you are so responsible, screaming like a cheerleader when your friend arrives in one of the most solemn moments of Hogwarts history" he finally smirked.

"I wasn't of age then!" Malak laughed as they made their way up the stairs.

"It was yesterday, Malak!"

"And today I am a new person! Completely reformed! Past are the days of the Egyptian Felon... from now on I am Saint Malak, at your service!" she vowed dramatically in front of Harry's door.

"Good night, Saint Malak!" Harry laughed genuinely . "See you tomorrow at 10."

"I remember saying 8."

"You won't wake up on time" Harry winked, closing the door behind him.

Malak shrugged, climbing two more floors to her own dorm.

"She should be here any time now..." she heard Angelina shushing people. "Fred! Leave that as it is!"

Malak couldn't help but smile. This was so thoughtful of Angelina — the Egyptian had never been one for large gatherings, so she had not been that keen on the mess and noise Dumbledore had anticipated, but a small party with he mr friends seemed like a much better alternative.

The Egyptian let out a loud gasp, to let her friends know she was coming and leave them a second to take their positions.

"Shhhhhhh" she heard Angelina from the other side of the door, just an instant after she proceeded to open the door.

"SURPRISE!" roared the small crowd.

Upon entering her bedroom, Malak found that the four poster beds had been pushed to the back of the room and there were all kinds of red and golden magical balloons dancing around, while her friends stood in the middle of the room in front of a table full of Egyptian sweets.

"Ya lahwy! Eh kolo da? (Oh my God! What's all this?)" Malak laughed, covering her blushed face as she advanced to the center of the room, where Angelina and Rawia were animatedly waving banners with her name.

But before she could hug her best friends, two hands coming from behind her covered her eyes, taking her completely by surprise.

"Guess who?" said Angelina, laughing.

Malak's own hands went to touch the stranger's, only to find that those hands didn't belong to a stranger — at all.

She quickly turned around and jumped to his embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

Charlie held her firmly, one strong arm gripping her waist, while the other pulled her neck towards him. He kissed her with such passion that Malak almost forgot she needed to keep breathing to stay alive. She was consumed by his lips, dancing expertly with her own.

The kiss ended with her panting and crying tears of pure emotion through her closed eyes.

"What are you doing here?" she managed to whisper between sobs.

Charlie's thumb rubbed her cheek affectionately wiping away her tears, while he pressed soft kisses all over her face.

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I missed both your birthday and the day you are announced champion of the Triwizard Tournament?"

"Or the day of her first legal drink!" Lee grinned, approaching them and carrying shots of a white liquid that Malak knew to be 3araq. "Cheers, you guys!"

"What is this, bunny?"

"A disgusting Middle Eastern drink made of aniseeds and sometimes dates" Malak smiled, holding it up for a toast. "I'm assuming it was Rawia's idea."

"It sure was!" they heard the other Egyptian as they giggled.

"Fi sa7etak, ya habibi (to your health, darling)" said Malak downing her drink, Charlie following her. His face was priceless.

"To the beginning of a long night!" beamed Lee Jordan, inaugurating thus the festivities.

Hope you liked this chapter & sorry I took so long to update, but I have so many things drafted, so more updates coming very soon!

Thanks for reading!
🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 9.1K 50
Veronica Tonks has been through hell. With the deaths of both parents, she has lost not only the most important people in her life but parts of herse...
287 1 26
Many people think Harry Potter, the boy who lived, has a hard past but clearly they haven't met Alexandra Faxon. Broken from a young age after the de...
766 20 25
Y/N Darkwood lost her parents at a young age and rarely remembers them. She grew up in an orphanage in the Wizard World. The one thing she did know a...
21.7K 404 17
Joining Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in her fifth year, Avalon quickly learns that the wizarding world is submerging into a darkness th...