Joyce, My Love ~ Sirius Black

By deadbr0therlov3r

⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻ ᴸᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻ 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ⁻⁻⁻⁻⁻ ˢᵗʳᵃʷᵇᵉʳʳʸ ᶠⁱᵉˡᵈˢ ⁻⁻⁻ ᴺᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ⁱˢ ʳᵉᵃˡ ⁻⁻ ᴬⁿ... More

• ᴊᴏʏᴄᴇ, ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ •
• ᴄᴀꜱᴛ •
• ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ •
• ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪ •
• ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪɪ •
• ᴏɴᴇ •
• ᴛᴡᴏ •
• ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ •
• ꜰᴏᴜʀ •
• ꜰɪᴠᴇ •
• ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ •
• ᴇɪɢʜᴛ •
• ɴɪɴᴇ •
• ᴛᴇɴ •
• ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ •

• ꜱɪx •

423 16 4
By deadbr0therlov3r

" nosey brothers „

TW: outing, breakdowns.

    AFTER A GLORIOUS LUNCH DATE with Remus, Jocelyn felt more relaxed than ever. The scarred boy always knew how to make the Potter girl feel safe but after a picnic near the black lake, the two went up to the girls' dorm, laughing their asses off.

They walked through the empty common room, aiming towards the girl's stairs. Jocelyn didn't even stop before going up the stairs. Remus stopped at the second step, looking up Jocelyn, who was already halfway up the spiral staircase.

"Rapunzel! Rapunzel! Let down your hair!" "Oh shut up, Romeo!" Joss tapped her wand 6 times, before saying the incantation; "Do Tibi Licentiam."

Remus carefully placed his foot on the third step and after a beat of silence, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Walking to and through the corridor, they walked in comfortable silence.

"Oi, remember the first time I came up here and carried you up the stairs but we forgot that it turned into a slide and you fell on top of me and we had to get you to Madam Pomphrey because you banged your head!" He chuckled, retelling a story from 3rd year.

"Oh shut up, that was ages ago!" She laughed with him.

"You know, whenever I'm up here, I always think what would happen if the others found out," Remus' deep voice chuckled behind the door. The clinging of keys and the sound of the crystal suncatcher joined together as Jocelyn opened the door.

"Can you imagine their faces! That would be hilarious- what on earth?"

The girls' normally organised room was now a mess, not in an "everything was everywhere" way but in a somewhat displaced way. Everything was where it belonged yet, it was crooked or fallen.

"Sit down, sit down! Let me fix everything before Lily and Dorcas have a fit," she said waving Remus to sit down. Joss took her shoes off before starting to move around the dorm, fiddling with all of the misplaced items. "So what do you think happened?"

"Marlene probably had a friend over," Joss said casually looking back at Remus only to see him fake gag. She looked over to the desk, seeing the draw open, her heart dropped for a second.

"D'you think Mars and her friend saw that," Remus stood up walking over the girl. They both stood in front of the dozens of stacked love letters. "I mean, surely not right? She would've been distracted and either way, I put a charm over it."

Remus nodded stiffly before turning back and sitting on a bed.

"So when are you going to tell them?" "Why can't you," Lupin complained as Potter pushed the draw in. She walked over to the boy, standing over him.

James and Sirius couldn't see what was happening, the closet door being too solid to peer through. James pushed the closet door lightly, so they could merely see the two extremely close to each other. "Because I don't want to and it's your news to tell, not mine."

Remus began playing with the hem of the girls' school vest, giving her the best puppy eyes, "but they're gonna kill me," "my point exactly, the longer you wait the more difficult it will get. And besides, I am almost positive that they will support this," "have you met James and Sirius?"

The two boys in the cupboard looked at each other questionably, "unfortunately but I have faith in them," "I'm not ready," Remus sighed as Jocelyn sat on his lap.

She kissed him on the head and said; "Take your time dear." In which he responded; "Thank you, darling," he smiled.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Remus broke it, "hey Joss?" She hummed in response, making Remus' neck vibrate.

"Can we?"

Jocelyn's head shot up in surprise, "really?" He nodded enthusiastically, "but we did that yesterday." James' eyebrows frowned, trying to understand the couple's vague conversation. "Oh come on, Please?"

"But we've only got about 15 minutes?" "I'll be finished in 10."

James and Sirius's eyes widened twice their size.

Jocelyn giggled, standing up. "NOOOO!" James ran out of the wooden doors, revealing himself to the two.

"What the fuck?! What are you doing here?!"

"I KNEW IT! I FUCKING KNEW IT! SIRIUS I TOLD YOU!" James yelled frantically.

"How did you get up here?" "We floated," Sirius shrugged, "so how long have you guys been.... ya know..."

Remus stood up as well, "What we're not-"

"Yeah right! With the letters and whatever interaction we just witnessed you two are SO fucking!"

Jocelyn paced slightly, running her hands through her curls. She ran her hands down her face, readjusting her circular glasses. "You two are idiots."

"Ok, fine so if you're not fucking, what were you about to do?" Sirius crossed his arms.

"Chess!" "What?"

"I was teaching Remus how to play wizards chess!"

"Fine then what about the letters?" James said mirroring Sirius.

"We-I-Remus, um," Jocelyn stammered.

Remus sighed, "those letters weren't for Jocelyn, they were addressed to me. My neighbour and I, starting seeing each other over the summer. I wanted to still talk to him so I gave him the Potters address and Euphemia has been owling them to Joss, addressing them to Joss. He-"

"He?" James asked, feeling absolutely terrible.

"Yes, he!"

"Remus," Joss said attempting to defuse the situation.

"I wasn't ready to tell anyone so I asked Joss to hide them and- and. I'm gay. So yup, great now you know, congrats." He quickly said, gathering his things and leaving the dorm.

"Oh, Remus!" Joss called out sympathetically. She rushed as she ran over to her shoes, frantically putting them on.

"Oh, Joyce,"

"NO! 'You think you've seen me mad? You've got something else coming to you. Black." She tied her shoe. "I hope you two are happy with yourselves. Breaking in, forcing your friend to come out! Going through my stuff! I look forward to telling mum about this one James."

"No, no, no, no, no I'm sorry, ok, I'm so so sorry! Please don't tell mum!"

"I'm not the one you should be apologising to. Now, get. out!" She hissed as her brother hurried out of the room. "Joyce," Sirius said in barely a whisper, "I get that you hate me but Remus? Really? What? 'You came up here to prove something? Well, it's proven. You're just as ungrateful as you were 3rd year, now get away from me Black. Before I do something we'll both regret."

He lowered his head slightly, catching a glimpse of a black spot on her collar. That's when he felt it, something I felt rarely, maybe even never. Remorse.

    JOCELYN WALKED, LETTING HER feet guide her. She found herself where she was just a few hours ago, she and Remus were laughing, not aware of what was about to occur. And funnily enough, it seemed that Remus had the same idea as her.

There he was, sitting completely still, staring off into the distance. "Rem?" She said softly. "I can't believe I just came out to two out of my three best friends like that. I had it all planned." He started to saw in a whisper. She sat down next to him, as he continued to talk.

"I was gonna sit them down after the first Hogsmeade trip. I was gonna tell them how much I appreciate them and tell them how much of a help you were. Explain the whole story, calmly, with no tears and no rambling. Just tell them and come what may. But It didn't go to plan. IT NEVER GOES TO PLAN!" He broke out in a rage. He began pacing, yelling out at the top of my lungs.

"WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?! WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE ME? I DON'T UNDERSTAND! I DON'T UNDERSTAND! I DON'T UNDERSTAND! I DON'T UNDERSTAND! I DON'T UNDERSTAND! WHY DIDN'T IT GO TO PLAN? EVERYTHING IS A MESS! I WASN'T READY, I WASN'T READY!"

"I wasn't ready." Remus finally stopped screaming and pacing. He turned to face Jocelyn. His eyes were puffy and red. The scars on his face were swollen from the aggressive tears that were just streaming down the boys face. They had stopped for a moment until;

"I know but you did good, Remmy," Jocelyn whispered comfortingly.

That's when it hit him, like an ocean of emotions swallowing him. He broke down in her arms and cried. Remus sobbed so hard, it may have ripped the space-time continuum, creating a tsunami. The way he was crying, broke Jocelyn's heart. How could this boy, this beautiful boy hurt so much? This boy had made Jocelyn laugh so hard, smile so soft and feel so comfy. He gave her everything she needed and more, she loved him more than anything. The love that she felt for him was so strong, it consumed her inside and out. She wanted to protect him more than anything. She couldn't protect him from this and it made her livid.

She was his platonic soulmate and he was hers.

NOTE FROM YOUR FAV:
• hey alexa play beautiful boy by john lennon *cries*
• Ok this high key broke my heart :")
• James freaking the fuck out when joss mentioned Euphemia is canon, prove me wrong.
• Also, does this count as a plot twist idk
• Have a good day, hotties ‼️

• 1514 story word count •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 698 26
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭...
123K 3.7K 45
é𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚒 (𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍): 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚟𝚒𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊�...
134K 3.5K 20
"𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴 𝘶𝘴𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘥, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥." ... "𝘐𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳...
694 41 19
"You're just a spineless, big-headed, moron Potter. Why on earth would I go out with a fleabag like you?" "It's just, James Potter!" says Sirius, lea...