Love Story Short | Jikook/Koo...

By jotajotakapa

Jimin has a way of rekindling memories in Jungkook. Memories that leave him dizzy and nervous like it is his... More

Introduction | Prestory
Chapter 1
Entry I
Chapter 2
Entry II
Chapter 3
Entry III
Chapter 4
Entry IV
Chapter 5
Entry V
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Entry VI
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 8

198 20 46
By jotajotakapa

Yoongi stares.

Because Jungkook was supposed to be on his way to the barbecue meet-up at his coworker's this fine Saturday morning, and not standing in his penthouse with a look on his face that screams I'm worried about you.

Jungkook couldn't help it. Ever since he called Yoongi last night to let him know that he wouldn't be able to make it that weekend, he has been on the fence about his friend's wellbeing. If Yoongi weren't so happy and enamored last weekend, Jungkook wouldn't care that much about the remoteness in his voice and the curtness of his answers. The man has always been on the introverted side, after all. Keeps most to himself even while sharing. Jungkook has learned to accept him for who he is.

But a hunch... something tells him that the Yoongi from last night is the leftovers of a bigger demon.

So when Jungkook receives an email with no subject line and a short audio file of a new grotesque-like song Yoongi has been working on, he fucks the plan and turns around. He is a bit like him too, because. He empathizes with not seeing the point in asking for help when you don't have an argument to begin with. But when someone still finds you, despite all that, your heart starts healing. You have yet to know the reasons and the answers but everything already feels better because that someone will pull you up in case the waters get too deep.

Yoongi has been that someone for Jungkook for the past three years.

Coming back home to Korea had felt good after studying abroad. An arranged job, family nearby, life of a career waiting for him... Jungkook had the perfect conditions to thrive, but not the mental maturity to handle success. Yoongi was the one to hold his hand like an older brother, teach him how to spend money, show him how to build a healthy lifestyle with his resources, talk to him about relationships and just — help him build confidence.

Perhaps most important of all, Yoongi always, and by that always, supported Jungkook's dreams.

Jungkook is touchy about this still, and maybe even a little salty, not because he is an ungrateful brat or anything but because Yoongi went through the trouble of raising his ass and Jungkook still hasn't figured out how to give back to someone so wise and well-rounded. 

It's not like Jungkook waited for an opportunity to arise so that he could save Yoongi from his misery or whatever (that's just creepy) but at the littlest sign that his hyung might hit a rough spot, Jungkook ditches the world and comes running to him.

Yoongi stares, touched, trying not to show.

Jungkook must be thinking so loud that the producer finally sighs. He shuffles his extra long pajama pants through the shiny tiles and sits at the edge of one of the sofas.

"It has been a week," he says, signing the living room with his eyes.

And of course this was about Hoseok. It should have been obvious to Jungkook from the formally organized state of the house, the lack of creative materials and takeout boxes littering the floor. No matter how big the elephant in the room is, it could never fill up the space as meaningfully as Hoseok did. 

Jungkook doesn't know why he feels like crying. Maybe he was emotionally attached to their relationship in a stupid way. He knew they were tiptoeing on thin ice but he didn't think anything drastic would happen this soon.

"How, um," he clears his throat and blushes when Yoongi glances at him. "How did it happen?"

"If you don't mind me repeating myself, in case I do — I'm not in my right mind these days," Yoongi sarcastically laughs. His dry lips crack in the process. Watching it happen is nerve-racking. "Hobi's cousin is a cancer patient. The medical bills went over his head and his family is too poor to keep paying for the expenses. Hobi was stressing the entire month about it."

Oh man...

Jungkook remembers Yoongi trying to console Hoseok the last time he visited them but he had no idea about the backstory.

"He wanted to help. His ass is broke though, not sure if you noticed," Yoongi chuckles so fondly that Jungkook feels a nauseous ache spread through his stomach. "I tried to contribute but the idiot didn't accept my money."

"Because he felt bad?" Jungkook asks quietly.

"Bad," Yoongi nods, tucks his bottom lip atop his upper for a few seconds, thinking. "Maybe. Why don't you sit?"

Jungkook shrugs with a sullen look.

"You don't have to worry about me," Yoongi smiles slowly. He looks small in a way Jungkook would tease as cute before. This time he just looks small like he wants to shrink on himself, and before Jungkook can control himself his vision is blurred with soft tears. 

He hears Yoongi call his name and he grows embarrassed so fast that it quickly turns into a Yoongi-babying-him episode. Yoongi's hands are on his shoulders and the man is trying to make Jungkook look at himself.

"Why are you crying, aimma?" Yoongi chuckles and it's so soft that it gets Jungkook to laugh a little, though he feels overwhelmed still.

"How could he leave, hyung? It's not fair. You were trying to help," he complains, wiping his eyes with his pinkies.

"I pushed us into an argument."

"So? People fight all the time, you are supposed to make up. He can't just leave!" he stutters out of frustration.

"Jungkook-ah," Yoongi grows amused every second a little more, backing up when he realizes Jungkook is not crying anymore. "I won't die of not seeing him another week."

Jungkook blinks his tears, suddenly. Wait a minute.

"So he's... he's coming back?"

"Yeah!" Yoongi shirs his lips like it was a given. "He went to ask his relatives for money. He will be back next... Friday? Yeah."

Jungkook feels like an idiot now.

Yoongi is short of laughing. "You ditched Daechon for this."

"I... well."

"Get back on the road. You might catch up to the second half."

"Ugh," Jungkook lets out a big sigh, diving his hands into his hair. Jimin is gonna be upset with him now — and over a misunderstanding. He spent the rest of the week checking on Jungkook and confirming his attendance over and over. Jungkook made up with Jin (obvi) so attending wasn't even a question, especially with this mystery candidate at the barbecue. Now he is going to look like a dickhead.

"Stop overthinking it. Just go," Yoongi urges.

"Will you be fine?"

"Why would I not be fine?" Yoongi chuckles and his cheeks turn pink, spill the tea on his little lie. 

"Because."

"Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook gives him a look. He doesn't trust those eye bags and the lame way Yoongi is downplaying this entire situation. They had an argument and Hoseok left. Yoongi is probably blaming himself for the entire thing because he is a softie at heart like that. Jungkook can imagine how hard it must have been for him to deal with being away for an entire week, and another to go...

Then boom. Rains an idea.

"You know what," he beams, scaring Yoongi just a little bit with his spark of enthusiasm. 

"Rather not."

"Too bad. You are coming with me."

...

Shades of ample trees paint over the ceiling of Jungkook's car, the wind sweeps under their shirts, a 2016 hit song from Yoongi bounces through the radio — it's freeing. Yoongi surely doesn't regret it. Jungkook and him look like the same person, in a funny and absurd way. Both have subjects their minds are avoiding, both have no intentions to prioritize them until they can't, then both have the present moment and both have each other.

Of course, they choose to grin and jam along.

It's easier that way and also, more promising of alright. 

Nothing is perfect, right?

The villa of destination is an hour drive away from the city. It's located along the sandy beach of Daechon, a holiday spot for families, the elderly, and anybody else who is looking for some quiet summer experience. Located at the side of the main road, Mrs. Yeori's vacation house is rather a refreshing stop, part of the civilization but detached from its hustle. 

Jungkook throws an arm around Yoongi when they stand on the porch. 

"I am allowed to flex my producer friend," he says shamelessly, earning himself an elbow on the stomach. Nothing he can't deal with.

Attending the door is not Mrs. Yeori but Jimin, a drink on his hand and the cutest ever summer outfit: pink cotton Chino shorts paired with a simple white tee with watermelons on them. It sticks to his body at the chest and arms, revealing a delicious outline of muscle, and a hot flex of huge neon sunglasses tucked over his wet-looking hair.

"You actually—" Jimin starts at Jungkook, then his eyes land on Yoongi and he freezes, "Hell no,"  his eyebrows arch, eyes drooping low and swiping back up smoothly. "I mean, hello," he says in a deep voice, pleasantly surprised.

Yoongi chuckles.

"Hi."

Jimin falls speechless, head tilting to the side with a breath of laugh escaping his lungs. He shifts to the side as if saying you rule, king, trying to communicate his surprise to Jungkook as Yoongi and him enter the house. 

"DJ? Suga?" he mouths, pulling Jungkook back by the arm and entering it as the three of them walk to a big kitchen ahead. 

Jungkook smiles big and nods, and it gets Jimin's jaw to drop even further, though he doesn't voice anything. 

"Consider him as my compensation for being late," Jungkook says, shy about being playful. Jimin gives him a dubious look but he looks really happy at that moment so he spares him the teasing, choosing to roll his eyes and down the rest of his drink. It makes Jungkook wanna giggle, so much actually that he doesn't manage to keep it in.

This day already got a thousand times better.

Colorful cups litter the counter and some plates have already started building their own dish mountains, from which Jungkook guesses everyone has already started snacking. He spots half-full trays of food on top of the oven, and unused cutlery spared on the side, along with various assortment of desserts. To the side of the kitchen extend round stairs to another floor upstairs, supported by a glass railing. Up front, the huge glass doors with wooden frames open to the garden, sheered by light white curtains dancing in the air. 

This is a cozy damn house. 

Even the indoors feel like summer. 

Voices are heard from somewhere near the hallway where they first entered, probably from one of the private rooms, and the closer they get the more recognizable their owners become.

"Mr. Jeon!" 

Jungkook gleams upon the sight of his dear team member approaching him with so much warmth that he can't help but croon into the hug. Mrs. Yeori looks way younger than she does in the office which is no surprise (the workplace does something to ya), but she looks so young that her beauty outshines anyone else's in the room.

Mmmmaybe not Min Yoongi's. 

Cuz like... everyone is staring at him again. Back to where they started, and as Jungkook's wild gut tells him, not the last time it will happen. There is an entire squad of people in the garden they have yet to greet.

"Welcome, good Sir. I suppose we haven't met before?" Mrs. Yeori graciously walks up to Yoongi, hand extending in the air until it gently lands on his arm. She looks at Jungkook for confirmation, just like Jimin had. The embarrassed look on Yoongi's face almost makes Jungkook snort. He looks like a cute panda bear, shoulders all slouched and smile indecisively widening and contracting.

"You might have heard his songs, maybe seen him on TV, but yeah I doubt you met before," Jungkook winks, getting Mrs. Yeori to ah deeply and fixate on Yoongi's now reddened face, while Jimin is smirking around his cup on the side. Jungkook feels his weight drop over, and he stills like a statue, vowed not to react.

To not let him fall.

Or to not give him a reason to change his mind and move away.

Doesn't really matter.

"Min Yoongi," Yoongi politely raises his hand.

"So you are famous?" Mrs. Yeori asks unabashedly and it makes the younger ones chuckle. "I'm so sorry, my dear! I am not up to date with songs these days except for the Baby Shark kind," she makes an exaggerated face, body tilting back," cuz that's what happens when you have a four year old colonizing your life. Are you a big deal?"

"I just make songs," Yoongi says humbly. 

Jungkook feeling bashful enough for the both of them, so he jumps at the opportunity to correct that unnecessary show of humbleness.

"He is a famous rapper and a producer, Mrs. Yeori. Don't let him convince you otherwise. Search him up on Youtube. He even has a net worth on Google and stuff like that."

"Billboard artist," Jimin adds, smiling with a small nod when Yoongi meets his eyes. It's brief but Jimin takes advantage of it. "Big fan here."

"Thank you," Yoongi laughs shyly, looking kind of overwhelmed. It's time for them to move on from him. "My apologies for dropping by uninvited. I hope I'm not being a disruption."

"Let me think," Mrs. Yeori makes a serious face. Yoongi actually looks alarmed for a second but then she erupts into the loudest laughter. "Absolutely not. Let me take you all to the garden. Mr. Jeon, we had given up our hope on you. We thought you were bailing on us, as always," she holds Yoongi, taking extra care of him as she leads them to the doors opening to the garden. 

"I promised to come," Jungkook playfully glances at Jimin. The older man is adamant at staring ahead, though he heard and is aware Jungkook is addressing him. "Sorry for being late. Something came up in the morning."

"Like what?" Jimin asks him then with a lower voice, still challenging. He wants to push as always but not maliciously at all. It's fun, this back and forth. Jungkook likes it as a grown man because he has comebacks now, unlike his younger self who used to get all flustered under Jimin's flirty attempts. 

Or rather... his way of being... in general.

"Tell you later," Jungkook smiles just as they walk into the garden, to the presence of the rest of team members and the actual party area.

This is a great afternoon. 

Meeting everyone outside of the workplace is such a different experience. Jungkook sees people for who they actually are, laughing, drinking, chatting and mingling with each other's partners and families. It's easy to get caught up in responsibilities and forget the personalities behind hard-working characters they have to play at the organization, but then he thinks it's easier to hold each other accountable if it's kept that way. 

At this point, does it really matter? Jungkook was the first to blur those lines when he let Jin take him to a wine tasting farm second month into his arrival, so who is he to interrupt this beautiful ambience? 

Yoongi has fit in well with the middle-aged folks, like Ms. Oh-na, Mrs. Yeori's husband, Mr. Kyung and his wife, chattering deeply about politics and scientific discoveries. He is an old fart at the end of the day, but he is in his element today, like he missed the joy of being around established souls who are genuinely invested in a topic because they care about the world. Jungkook visits the group occasionally, checking on Yoongi and bringing him drinks to taste.

On the other side is Kevin and Jin, who are DJing and flaming the fire over the brick barbecue place. They are doing an amazing job with the meat (Jungkook keeps getting scolded for stealing). Jin is looking real slick today with his Hawaiian attire, at least three buttons of his shirt popped open and hair combed back to reveal that glorious forehead. They are blasting Yoongi's songs, winking shamelessly every time Yoongi meets their eyes and bursting into embarrassed laughs. 

Then there is Jimin.

Here and there, but mostly by Jungkook. They strangely belong today. Jimin seeks for him, Jungkook welcomes his presence, and they exist close, lingering at most five feet away from each other's radius, either their backs pressed or tangled up in a conversation. 

At the lunch table too, Jimin is sitting next to him, in their bubble with Yoongi, Jin and Kevin. They didn't plan an age division but it ended up that they naturally found each other on the same side of the table. They bounce off of each other's jokes and keep it light-hearted, though somewhere amidst the banter, the conversation shifts to the proposal Jimin and Jungkook's team are working on. 

Jimin briefs through their progress so far, in ordinary terms more like, opening up a bit on how the team was struggling with a splurge of ideas and how they are managing through that in the mid-phase of their progress. Creativity is a great asset for projects, but it can hinder when decisions aren't effectively made. If Jungkook were to be calling the shots, he would just trust his judgement and go ahead with Ms. Oh-na's suggestion as she is the one most experienced in the respective field, but Jimin works differently than him.

"This choice will affect how the rest of the project will look. It's not one easy to make," he says cautiously. He is being very cautious.

"Maybe spontaneity is the answer," Jungkook proposes. Jimin flashes him a soft smile, maybe supposing Jungkook doesn't understand how much this means to him.

"It could be. But we should only be spontaneous when we have minimized the risk to the best of our ability."

"Is there a way to do that?" Jin asks, using a handkerchief to clean his mouth free of pasta sauce.

Jimin's head falls to the side, eyes find the sky as he nods probably. "Well I met with a consultant two weeks ago and she helped us organize our thoughts."

"We have experienced members in our team though. Shouldn't their suggestions guide us well enough?" Kevin intrudes carefully, quieter than his personality which was bickering madly with Jungkook just before the food arrived. He likely doesn't want to step on the manager's toes but Jungkook appreciates that he speaks up.

Plus, Jungkook agrees with him. He has a sour spot against consulting agencies after being scammed by one just two years ago. He doesn't intrude though, not wanting to pressure Jimin into holding back his opinion.

"Oh absolutely," Jimin agrees fast, addressing Kevin kindly. "I do trust our team members. My plan is to use the consultant to help us make an end decision. The details and developments will all be in our control. I just though an outsider's opinion could shake us free of ambiguity to some extent, you know."

"I like that," Jungkook nods in thought but excited about it too. Jimin weighted out the situation and he isn't being reckless, which is good enough for Jungkook to follow his lead. "I'll help you persuade the rest of the team on your decision next week," he signs to their colleagues on the other end of the table, laughing at a story Mrs. Yeori's eight-year-old is telling.

"Thank you. You think it's a reasonable path of action though?" Jimin peers, still divided. Or maybe he is making sure Kevin has more time to process everything. He did make a decision at the end of the day, just not the kind Jungkook would.

A pleasant surprise.

"I do, hyung. It's okay to admit our limitations. There is no reason to debate back and forth on a best idea at this point. This should be a general proposal anyway. We need well-rounded points, right?"

"Exactly my thoughts!" Jimin looks inspired and a little too hyper now. Jungkook smiles wide just watching him get enthusiastic about his job, and for some weird reason he is grateful that Jimin chose to specialize in project management as he senses it provides the man with some type of fulfillment.

That makes it two in his list of things that make Park Jimin shine like the sun now: his plants and his job.

He realizes his smile has reached his ears just by thinking about that when he meets Jin's humorous gaze.

"You work geeks irk me sometimes."

"What, aren't you one?" Jimin throws a challenge over his shoulder. Jin laughs and his eyes fall shut, for a moment revealing a bit of that tiredness looming under his skin. Jungkook catches bits of it in the office when he notices Jin doze off during lunch time but he never mentioned it seriously.

Maybe he should. Maybe he should be concerned. 

"I do like my job. But it doesn't give me an orgasm, if you know what I mean."

And the sobriety breaks again. They are back to laughing and Jungkook is back to rolling his eyes, not at all surprised that his hyung can't stand a second of attention on himself when things get deep. His ears flush too. It's a cute sight. Sometimes Jungkook brings it to Jin's attention and the man flushes even more.

By the way.

"Sorry we drifted to work talk," Jungkook turns to Yoongi, keeping his tone light. "Are you enjoying yourself?" 

Yoongi is all toothy smiles. It is believable. "I like seeing this side of you. In charge and everything."

Jungkook laughs and gives him a dismissing push, but Yoongi is still making that funny face even though he is back to eating. He is insufferable. Always gotta slip in compliments (Jungkook likes it.)

Mrs. Yeori's summer house is a lovely place on the beach. The backdoor opens to a long sandy shore, and the smell of the sea drifts into the garden. She tells them that frequents here with her family on most summer weekends, a big factor at play on her day-to-day sanity during the city blocks on the weekdays. It makes everyone laugh.

After the tables are cleared up, she takes Jimin to the green roof upon request, apparently kept by her husband as a hobby. Jungkook can hear Jimin's wah!s echo all the way from up there to the ground where the rest of them are having their post-meal coffees. It is funny every time, and at some point Jungkoook is squeezing his eyes shut to deal with the fondness bubbling inside him.

He is afraid he is going to explode into a huge cloud, shaped as a triangle with two of its edges round but not the third one. It's chilling to even think about.

Another bunch of visitors are taken to a nearby strawberry farm as this happens, leaving only Yoongi and Jungkook in the garden. The producer said he was too tired to lift his butt and Jungkook didn't want to leave for obvious reasons. A few minutes after Mrs. Yeori and Jimin return to the garden, Jungkook finds himself being dragged to the beach by the latter. 

"Go ahead, Mrs. Yeori and I have a lot to talk about," Yoongi grins at them, waving. 

His eyes point at Jimin who is eagerly waiting for Jungkook to follow him outside the back garden. When Jungkook looks at the man tugging on his sleeve too, he decides, yeah fuck it Yoongi will have to get along just fine with Mrs. Yeori because he is so following Jimin wherever he wants to take him.

Not too far.

Just a little far.

They sit close to the waves, dip their toes under the sand, and watch the slow tides wash over their ankles. Their arms brush and subtly like the dance of the wind, Jungkook's heart thumps against his chest. Every time Jimin looks at him and smiles so big his eyes disappear, that nauseating feeling in his stomach returns. He feels vulnerable, like he could be tipped to the depths of the sea with a single push of a finger. He feels dizzy and senseless, more when Jimin pulls his knees to his chest and leans the side of his head on them, taking the sight of Jungkook in.

Jungkook wants to be playful, tease and poke fun at him but he knows Jimin's comebacks fluster him worse so he refrains. Instead he rubs his lips together to stop himself from smiling. He has an irrational fear of getting ahead of himself or looking too eager for something to the extent that Jimin isn't — oh wait that actually HAPPENED three years ago.

Tsc. 

"Hey," Jimin sing-songs.

"Hi," Jungkook grins.

"How you feeling?"

"About?"

"My matchmade partner not showing up. You came here to meet them, after all."

Jungkook snorts. It's not like he cares about that anymore. He was playing James Bond on the corridors from how invested he was in the whole drama just two days ago and now he doesn't give a fuck. He is an idiot, quote Jin. 

"I came because you invited me," Jungkook smartly responds. He has a feeling Jimin really likes that answer.

"You came late," Jimin shrugs his shoulder. Oh he really doesn't mind. Look at him acting all cute about it.

"I should have ditched your ass," Jungkook rolls his eyes humorously, and the simple act has Jimin chuckling. 

"Unpopular opinion, I don't think the person exists."

"Retweet that," Jungkook tries hard not to roll his eyes for a second time but he really thinks that Jin was trolling them too. This time, it appears.

"Does he do that to everyone?"

"What, matchmaking?"

"Mmhm."

"I mean..." Jungkook has to think this. Every bachelor in the department did get some type of marriage declamation by Jin, WHO IS NOT MARRIED HIMSELF LIKE WTF, so he supposes... "Fuck, I think he does."

Jimin laughs. "Who was Kevin's match?"

"Kevin was a premium case. He didn't have a match because he is too young to get married or whatever but Jin was trying to adopt him for some good two months."

"What the...?" Jimin almost falls as he breaks into a proper laugh. Jungkook knows.

"At first it was just random squishes of cheek and your Korean is so cutes. Before we knew it he was trying to persuade Kevin into being his adoptive son. We, and by that the team, had to pull him aside to stop harassing the boy."

Jimin looks so entertained that he can't stop gasping. "He is amazing."

Jungkook gives him a look. "He is a weirdo."

"Who was your match?"

Jungkook comes to a stop, pointing a finger at himself. Jimin nods giddily.

"Oh. Someone from a subsidiary. She literally just came once to the office to deliver a document. I was scared Jin hyung would lose his eyebrows from how much he was wiggling them."

Jimin giggles again, nearly melting to his knees where he is hugging again. "And what did you think about her?"

"I didn't," Jungkook shakes his head with a silent obviously, a smile dancing on his lips, "hyung."

"Mmm, right."

"Wah," Jungkook sighs to the side, ignoring the little chuckles coming from in front of him. Yeah, Jimin is somehow sitting in front of him now, and there is literally no respect for space so he has to gawk at the sky for a breather. "You are his legacy. You love him so much?"

"Love is a strong word," Jimin smirks.

"I sure believe you..."

"The hell does that mean?" Jimin lifts himself up like this is a big deal, getting Jungkook to lean back to escape from his advances. God, Jungkook is laughing like mad now. "Jeon Jungkook."

Jimin grabs him by the collar so Jungkook doesn't have much of a wiggle opportunity anymore, but he can't stop him from sporting that evil expression on his face. Any opportunity to get Jimin blushing like that Jungkook will take, thank you.

"I'll drown you in the sea," Jimin threatens him from close, which really, is more material to keep Jungkook on laughing. He tries to keep it at bay though just because he doesn't want to come across as insensitive.

"I'll take you with me."

"I'll run away before you can grab me."

"That means you won't be busy with drowning me anymore so I won't drown."

"I'll multitask."

"I'll tripletask."

"That's dumb."

"Great that you say that. Because I happen to be doing magic on you that makes you think I'm dumb so that you don't take me seriously, so that I can win the battle before you notice I'm even in the game."

"That is ridiculous."

"Yes, my magic is working, yes..."

Enough of his bullshit, Jimin pushes Jungkook on his back and the two of them erupt into the wildest giggles the beach has heard. It's so wild that Jungkook's lungs shake and he can't breathe anymore, and it's not helping that Jimin is riding out his own laughs by hitting on his stomach so he loses support and falls on his back too, the sounds of their laughs becoming one and eventually... dissolving into their air.

Jungkook realizes he has tears on his eyes.

They laugh again when Jimin notices that Jungkook just noticed that.

"It hurts," he breathes heavily as he clutches his tummy. Jimin nods extremely to that. 

"What are your plans for the night?" he then asks.

Jungkook turns his head to look at him. Calmed down after a crazy wave of fun, Jimin's cheeks are flushed from stretching and his eyes twinkle with adrenaline. He looks like a dream come true, and it really is that way because Jungkook used to dream of moments like this with him once upon a time. This feels like a gift to his younger self, having Jimin by his side like this, looking at him like he is special, asking about his plans at night.

Damn. Is this really happening to him?

"Resting in my hammock."

"You have a hammock?"

"Yup."

"I wish I had a hammock."

"Well..." Jungkook smirks. Jimin smiles too now, anticipating Jungkook to say what he hopes he says. "You can always swing on mine until you get yourself a hammock."

Grins decorate their faces and Jimin rolls a little closer now. "Sure," he taps Jungkook's nose like he is adoring him. "I wanna tonight."

Jungkook shouldn't be blushing like that but he... god, he doesn't even know if this is real so what if he blushes. He does, he does and he smiles and Jimin smiles bigger and now it's his heart doing the splits and the flips and the cartwheels and Jungkook thinks he likes this a little too much.

"Did you drive here?" he says, just so he knows if he will have to give Jimin a ride.

"Yeah."

"You'll have to follow my car home."

"Not a problem."

"Kay."

"So when are we leaving?"

Jungkook giggles. Jimin is way too close and he is way too relaxed to let it happen. Does he need to intervene? Why would he? What if he doesn't? What is this?

"Let's stay another half an hour and then..." he says in a breath, raptured by the beautiful man in front of him. 

"But hammock."

"But patience," Jungkook swats his shoulder playfully and it turns the mood even more playful than playful was, so now Jimin is biting on his lip and peering down at him like he wants to kill him with those flirty eyes and Jungkook is just too fucking weak. "Get off of me," he chuckles silently, making no salient effort to get Jimin off of him. 

It only makes Jimin grin bigger. 

"Hammock."

"Get off."

"In what sense of the idiom?"

Jungkook pushes him off without thinking, a laugh of disbelief punching through his guts as Jimin takes full advantage of the situation to burst into another episode of giggling. 

He is shameless, oh my god.

He is like... what is he even? Who does he think he is, grabbing Jungkook's hand on their jog back to the house and making him feel these butterflies without permission? 

Well here is who he is. He is Park Jimin, and Park Jimin doesn't need permission to do a fucking thing. 

Que sera sera. 

[A/N: This chapter was supposed to be half its size and I was going to squeeze the next scene as the next half, but you know what? The next scene kinda deserves its own chapter, and I'll have the pleasure to drag it as long as I want BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

See y'all sometime! :*]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 300 11
Upon first meeting at rkive the coffee shop Jimin works at, Jimin is instantly smitten while Jungkook is oblivious. Two years later Jungkook and Jimi...
4.7K 226 18
-'Why do people always want to love someone to be loved in return?'- _ "Hyung, i heard you had a crush when we were debuting. Is it true?" _ "I'm sor...
7.8K 240 20
It all started with a simple meeting. A simple meeting that could not be avoided. An inevitable meeting... Where Jimin met Jungkook for the first tim...
8.9K 349 14
A nerd and a jock. What happens when the line between friends and lovers is crossed? Jimin is a university student tormented by his inappropriate fe...