๐๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐Œ๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž...

By sunnymarmalade

๐—œn which Jaemin just wants to love, and be loved. โ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”ˆ โ–ธ โ‚Š โฟปเญญฬฅ โ†ฌ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐˜€: Completed ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:... More

the intro
the first
the second
the third
the fourth
the fifth
the sixth
the seventh
the ninth
the tenth
the eleventh
the twelfth
the end
ANNOUNCEMENT

the eighth

416 22 7
By sunnymarmalade

₍˄·͈·͈˄◞₊ ! 𓈒∿

ᝰ 🐶 ᝰ
[ 6 Years ago ]

After the horrible confession Jaemin had done a few days ago, he still felt quite dejected.

Seungmin didn't even tell him whether he liked him back or not—but he probably doesn't have to, considering he sees Jaemin as someone disgusting for being gay.

Though after hearing that Jeno also likes boys, he feels relieved.

He isn't alone, and he's glad.

"Nono, do you believe in true love?" Jaemin had asked him whilst walking on the leaves that were on the ground, feeling satisfied when he hears it make crunched noise.

"Yeah!" Jeno exclaimed, picking up a tiny rock. "I wanna meet my soulmate and love them a lot!" He grabbed a marker and he drew a face on the rock.

"Me too." Jaemin giggled when Jeno showed him the rock.

"Hey," Jeno huffed out making Jaemin turn at him. "what if we're soulmates?" Jeno held out his hand after he put the rock on the ground.

"Us?" He grabbed the boy's hand and they walked back to their neighborhood.

"Yeah! I don't mind being soulmates with you if that's true.." Jeno smiled fondly, his eyes formed moon crescents and Jaemin silently cooed—as he always does when Jeno smiles.

"I wouldn't mind too!" Jaemin hugged him, he chuckled when a leaf fell on Jeno's head. "Let's be friends forever then okay? You better not leave me!"

"I'll never leave you Nana."

ᝰ ꗃ ᝰ

It had only been a day after Mark and Jaemin's hangout but ever since then they had been talking to each other more.

And to Jaemin's delight, Mark even let him help him out at times.

"Nana, which one do you think suits the theme more?" Mark shows him two baskets full of different kinds of flowers, though both are definitely in contrast with each other.

"Well, I think that one fits it." Jaemin points at the basket on the right and Mark nods, directing the other council members to use that basket.

"Thanks for helping me out these days, you're really great at deciding!" Mark proudly remarks, ruffling Jaemin's hair rather roughly but it doesn't hurt him.

"Did I hear someone's great at deciding?" A head peeks out from the door and the two immediately knows who it is.

"Hey Hyuckie!" Jaemin waves and he waves back cheerfully.

"Minnie, can you help me pick which one's better?" Donghyuck holds up two bracelets, one very colorful and kid-like, the other extremely minimalistic but still endearing.

"Who's that for?" Mark comes up to Donghyuck whilst Jaemin eyes the bracelets with adoration.

That must've taken a long time, how thoughtful of Hyuck!

"It's for Jun, to celebrate our newly bonded friendship!" Donghyuck smiles widely.

"Oh!" Jaemin points at the colorful bracelet. "If it's Junnie, he most likely likes that one."

Although it might not look like it, with Renjun's all natural colored appearance—he really likes things that are colorful and bright, courtesy to his love for Art.

"Ah, thank you Jaeminnie!" Haechan wraps his arms around Jaemin tightly to which the boy just giggles whilst Donghyuck tries to kiss his cheeks over and over again.

And with that, Mark's frown goes unnoticed by both friends.

"Do you know why Chenle and Jisung keep on giggling?" Renjun glances at their two friends who're suspiciously laughing and chatting to themselves—like they were in their own world.

"Nope, but they look cute." Jaemin chuckles, resting his chin on his palm.

"How's the thing coming along with Mark?" Jeno drags the seat beside Renjun to sit.

"Jen!" Jaemin smiles. "And it's going great! Maybe on the Fall Festival, I can ask him out.." He mumbles the last part quietly, looking around the room to make sure nobody other than his friends heard.

"It's just two more days right? God, we really worked hard on this." Renjun leans back on his seat and stretches his arms. "Jisoo noona almost broke her back actually." Jaemin gasps at what Renjun said, feeling sad but appreciative.

I'll make sure to enjoy the festival then!

"Jun, did you get a new bracelet?" Jeno eyes the new accessory on Renjun's right wrist and he nods.

"Donghyuck gave it to me earlier, something about friendship bonding stuff." Jaemin tries to suppress his giggling, feeling so overjoyed that they finally came to be friends.

"See, I told you!" Jaemin nudges Renjun's arm lightly. "Always trust my feelings." Renjun rolls his eyes but agrees anyways.

Jaemin hears a notification sound from his phone and sees that Mark had sent him something.

'Go to your locker! :)'

Jaemin chuckles to himself once he read it and starts packing his things.

"Where are you going?" Jeno asks, looking at Jaemin who's hurrying to wear his backpack.

"To my locker, I'm just gonna get something important." He smiles when the two nod and he scurries his way to the hallway.

He fastens his face to his locker but instead of getting greeted by Mark like usual, he's nowhere to be found.

He shrugs and puts in the code for his lock, opening it to see a note falling out of the locker.

"Thank you again, here's a little gift.." He reads out quietly and glances inside, he gasps when he sees a bouquet.

No way.. This is so pretty!

Mark had given him a flower combination of pink Gypsophila's and Cherry Blossom's wrapped around in brown paper and white silk, a pink ribbon tying around it.

"This is so sweet.." Jaemin smells the flowers joyfully to which he smiles widely after.

Vanilla.. He giggles, opting to text his friends about it when he hears familiar voices near him.

Jaemin quickly closes his locker, grabbing the bouquet with him and hides behind in a classroom, peeking slightly at the window implemented on the door.

"Hyunjin.. This is gonna be so fun, I can't wait to read whatever embarrassing things they have!" Yeji excitedly squeals, hopping around giddily.

"I'm wondering if they have ghost stories, I'd love to read those." Hyunjin laughs, after a few solid seconds they slowly fade out—signaling that they were walking further away.

Wait, stories.. Ah! I forgot about that.. I'll send them one!

Jaemin sighs, turning on his phone.

"Uh, why are you here?"

"Oh shi—Ah, sorry uhm—I'll get going—" Jaemin nervously laughs, quickly tidying himself up and opening the door to leave. "Sorry again!"

'Clank.'

"So, back to what we were doing.. Aeri do you have any other ideas?"

"Nope, but I think Minjeong has some."

"What are we doing again?"

Stories, stories, stories.

Jaemin has no idea what story to send them.

"Well, they did say worst life stories.. Maybe I can send out that horrible rejection I received!" Jaemin whips his head up and starts typing on his phone but suddenly stops when a realization hits him.

"But, all my rejections were horrible.." He groans, plopping onto his bed and kicks the air.

Although he could just send out one his friends horrible incidents that he had seen with his own eyeballs—he couldn't since..

They were either really really embarrassing, or flat out weird as fuck.

He's seen things, and he thinks that it's no better hearing it either so he didn't send one.

Why not?

Because nobody wants to hear what happens when one puts slugs up in their nostrils—

Definitely no one.

He sighs and turns on his phone to call Jeno, feeling bored out of his mind.

"Jenoo," Jaemin whines and Jeno just hums. "did you send the Hwang twins a story?" Jaemin gets up from his bed to go to his desk.

"Uh, yeah.. Why?" Jeno asks as Jaemin hears pages flipping—he thinks that his best friend is just reading the book he had recommended him the other day—Jaemin smiles at the thought.

"I decided not to send anything, yours and the other's stories are so weird." Jaemin drags his chair lightly and sits down, leaning a bit.

"Even me?" He hears Jeno laugh, whilst Jaemin just hums in agreement.

"Oh right, Mark gave me something!" Jaemin smiles as he grabs the bouquet lightly, tilting it a bit slightly.

"What is it?" Jeno asks, curiosity laced in his words.

"A bouquet! Can you believe that?" Jaemin giggles, placing back the bouquet on his desk. "He texted me saying to go to my locker—and boom!"

"Oh.."

"He even put a tiny note, it was so cute! Mark hyung is so sweet.." Jaemin twirls around happily, stopping when sunlight shines in his room from the window. "I really like him." He sighs in relief.

"I have to go.."

"Huh? Nono—"

'Beep! Beep!'.

"That's weird.. He never hangs up first." Jaemin sighs again, this time more defeated—more worried.

Is he okay? Is he sick? He could've told me.. Did something happen?

His mind filled with 'what if's' and possible reasons for his friend to do that but—when he takes a glimpse of a picture frame on the windowsill he lets out a breath.

"You're fine right?" He walks up to his window and grabs the frame, stroking the picture lightly.

The picture showed two boys who held hands, it has a few doodles on their faces—almost unrecognizable, but for Jaemin,

it held dear precious memories for him, he could always recognize it.

"Jeno, I'm always here for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 8.7K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
15.4K 382 33
izuku Midoriya, a name most of Japan has come to hate, a former prisoner now just a simple mechanic trying to make the most of the second chance he w...
463K 31.5K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
783K 29.2K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...