The Art of Still Pretending

Par Gabrielle0841

••• Sequel To: The Art Of Pretending ••• Blair did the unthinkable. She fell in love. And the sad thing is... Plus

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Epilogue
•Note•

Thirteen

6K 215 229
Par Gabrielle0841

Blair POV.
•••

   I am currently sitting at my kitchen table, and being eyed. Do you ever get the feeling you are being stared at, without having to see it? Because that's what's happening. I'm eating breakfast with Natalie and Blake, and Blake keeps staring at me. He looks at me, and then at Natalie, and then back at his food. And then at me, again.

   When I feel his eyes on me again, I decide to look up and make eye contact. He instantly drops his gaze. What is this guys problem? He looks at me again, and this time I raise an eyebrow.

   He bites his lip, before letting out a groan. "Ok, Nat, I know you told me not to ask but I have to."

   This time Natalie groans, "Blake you nosy little..."

   He cuts her off and turns towards me, "What happened between you and Jake?"

   I start to choke on my food, not expecting that question. "What?" I cough out.

   A huge I told you so look spreads across his face and he stands up. Pointing at Natalie he says, "see I knew it!"

   Natalie looks at me skeptically, "That doesn't prove anything Blake."

"Blair, did something happen between you and Jake?"

"Define something?" I ask shoving a spoon full of cereal into my mouth.

Natalie's eyes widen, "Oh my god! What happened?"

"I so knew it, see babe! I told you, you have a smart boyfriend!"

"How did you know?" Blake and Natalie look at each other with an odd expression.

   "Well, I asked Jake if he was going to the bar with all of us tonight. He said yes. Then he asked, if you were going, I said yes since Natalie told me earlier you were. And then he said that he wasn't going anymore. I asked him why he was being weird, and he just got defensive."

   My jaw practically drops. The fucker is trying to avoid me? Because we kissed? I mean, it happened a week ago, and I guess we haven't talked since. But, I didn't think he was going out of his way to avoid me.

    "The little fuck."

   "I don't know if I should of told you any of that." Blake's amused face has turned into one of worry. Probably because I look beyond pissed.

   "Blair, don't do..." Natalie starts, but I already know what she's going to say. Anything irrational, she loves saying that to me.

   "I won't."

   "So, like is he good in bed?" Blake asks. Natalie slaps her hand against her face.

   "Seriously, babe?"

   "Why are you even asking me that?"

   "I'm just trying to be, I don't know. One of the girls?"

   "I wouldn't know if he's good in bed, we only made out."

   "Is he a good kisser?"

   Someone please kill me, this is one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had. "I'm not going to the bar, anymore."

   "What, why?" Natalie asks disappointed.

   "I'm going over to Blake's house, to have a word with Jake."

   "Oh god." Blake mutters.

***

   So yes, I had just driven to Jake's house. I press the doorbell and wait. Luke is the one who answers the door, looking very confused on why I'm here. I forgot that Luke lived with them too.

"Blair," he scratches the back of his neck and looks back. "What are you doing here?" Interesting, he's acting weird.

"I'm here to talk to Jacob." His eyes widen, either at me using Jake's full name or me being here to talk to him in the first place.

"Does he, ugh, know you're here?" His eyes look everywhere but at mine. He definitely knows something.

"You know." I say more as a statement then a question.

"Know what? I don't know anything."

"Careful bud, your pants might catch in fire." I try not to laugh when he looks down at his pants. "So do you know why your friend is avoiding me?"

"I love you Blair." Luke's words catch me off guard. "But I can't tell you anything, it's bro code."

"You know? Tell me." I'm surprised he knows and Blake didn't. Maybe they are a lot closer and I never noticed.

"No."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Luke..."

"You won't break me Blair." I groan, there's no point of arguing when he's clearly not going to tell me.

"Fine." Traitor. We stand there for a couple seconds of complete awkward silence.

"So, is he a good kisser?"

"Oh my god, why does everyone keep asking me that?" A car honks behind me, and I turn to see a group of guys I don't know.

"Come on Luke!" One yells.

"Whose the girl?" Another one asks.

I turn and look at Luke. "Who are they?"

"Just some of the football guys." I turn back and wave at them. I get some nods and waves back.

"Well, I'm going to go and talk to Jake." Luke bites his lip nervously but doesn't say anything. He starts to walk to the car, and I hear another one ask.

"Oh, is she there for Heart?"

"Something like that." Luke answers.

"Damn, lucky him."

"I don't think he's lucky, if anything we should be wishing him luck." Luke gets into the car and I walk into the house, closing the door.

Without knocking, I barge into Jake's room. He's just walked out of the bathroom in only a pair of boxers. I try my best not to check him out and focus on the mission. Which is really hard, because his body literally screams look at me.

"Are you seriously avoiding me, Jacob Heart? Like seriously? What are we, in middle school? So we made out, big deal. But that doesn't me you avoid a person. Or not go to a bar with everyone, because that person's going..."

He doesn't react to anything I say. "Did you just call me Jacob?"

I look at him with a dumbfounded expression. "That's all you heard? Out of everything I said?"

"I have selective hearing." He shrugs, he goes to his drawer and pulls out a shirt to put on.

"Why we're you avoiding me?"

"I wasn't..."

"Liar."

He sighs and pushes his hand through his hair. "Because we made out Blair."

"No shit...but why?"

"Because we made out, and I didn't not like it."

"And that's a bad thing? I didn't not like it either, Jake." I say this in an annoyed tone. Because that's what I am, very annoyed.

He groans again, "But I can't stop thinking about you Blair." Shock fills my face. "Yea you didn't date my brother, but you guys still had whatever you did. And he liked you, at least I think, a lot. And he told me to tell you he missed you, and I didn't. Instead, I made out with you."

"I..." I have no idea what to say.

"God, Blair. I barley even know you, actually no, I know you a lot more than you think."

I am still just standing here speechless. What am I supposed to say to that?

He keeps going, "But you kinda make me feel some kind of way."

"Do you..." I want to ask the question but I don't know if I should. Does he like me?

"Don't."

"Don't what?" I ask.

He sighs, "I see the look on your face, don't ask me the question."

"Why? Because I won't like the answer?" Does he think I would upset with him saying no? Would I be?

"No, because I won't."

•••

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

16.3K 706 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
A Player's Game Par Alexis

Roman pour Adolescents

349K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
221K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
Always ✔ Par KIRA

Roman pour Adolescents

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...