Harry Potter and the Returners

By VigilanteWh0re

BEING REWRITTEN AS RETURNED (IN MY PROFILE) 8 years after the 2nd wizarding war is finished people start comi... More

New story
Waking up
Head auror
Finding out
Prewett twins
Home
Worried
Memories 1
Memories 2
Memories(3)
Memories 4
Memories 5
Memories 6
Memories 7
Break
Memories 8
Memories 9
Memories 10
Scared....
Hiding
St. Mungos
Visitors
Help him
Hope
Healing
Home
Family discussions
What happened
What happened (2)
What happened (3)
Memories 11
Memories 12
Memories 13
Memories 14
Memories 16
Memories 17
Memories 18
Memories 19
memories 20
Memories 21
A/N
Heyyyy

Memories 15

3K 63 77
By VigilanteWh0re

Previously...

"I have enough strength for....this."

Petrified Harry watched as Quirrel turned around and began to unwrap his turban, as the turban fell away Harry was met with a horrifying sight.

On the back of Quirrels head was the most terrifying face Harry had ever seen, it was chalk white with glaring rd eyes and slits for nostrils...like a snake.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Teddy paled, "What the shit is that!"

Everyone turned to stare at Teddy. "Teddy what did I say about cursing!"

"Not to do it around aunt Ginny..."

Ginny turned to glare at Harry who was starting to pale.

"Harry Potter...." Voldemort whispered.

"See what I have become? Only bing able to form when sharing another's body unless I want to be nothing more than vapor and shadows...but luckily there are always those willing to let me into their minds and hearts."

"Unicorn blood has strengthened me...once I have the elixir for life I will have a body of my own, so why don't you give me the stone that's in your pocket."

Harry stumbled backwards.

"Don't be a fool...better save your life and join me, or you'll meet the same end as your parents did....they died begging for mercy!"

Harry's face got red, "LIAR!"

"Yeah harry! That's my son!" Boasted James.

"Our son..."

James winced, "that's what I said?" Lily narrowed her eyes causing everyone to laugh.

"How touching...I always valued bravery....your parents were brave, I killed you father first....he put up a brave fight."

"Your mother however didn't need to die, she was trying to protect you....now give me the stone...unless you want your mother's sacrifice to be in vain."

"Never!" Harry yelled as he sprang towards the flame door, unfortunately Voldemort seemed to figure out what he was doing , "SEIZE HIM!"

Ron winced, "No let's not seize him..."

Quirrel managed to grab Harry's wrist causing Harry's scar to burn in pain. He started struggling and yelling and to his surprise Quirrell let him go.

He looked over to see quirrell hunched over in pain looking at his own blistered hand.

Everyone bore confused looks on their faces, Harry noticing them started the memory again, "you'll see..."

"Always so cryptic." Mumbled Teddy causing Harry to roll his eyes.

"Seize him! SEIZE HIM!" Yelled Voldemort, quirrell lunged at Harry again knocking him off his feet. Quirrell landed on top of him and wrapped both of his hands around his neck.

Lily gasped and turned away unable to watch her 11 year old son be strangled, James clenched his fists, "I hope he gets knocked on his ass!"

Harry huffed, "did I not just say you'll see what happens, your an impatient lot..."

Quirrell was crying in agony, "master, I cannot hold him...my hands! My hands!" Quirrell still on top of Harry let go of his neck and stared at his hands.

Harry looked at him and saw his hands were burnt to the crisp, they looked raw, red, and shiny...

"Yes!" Shouted James as he ran around the room whooping for joy as everyone else looked at him either amused or bewildered.

"Then kill him fool, and be done!"

Quirrell raised his hand to preform the deadly curse but out of reflex Harry brought his hands up to push quirrells face away...

Quirrell rolled off him as his face blistered giving Harry an idea...harry jumped to his feet and held Quirrell by his arm hanging on as tight as he could.

The pain in Harry's head was so painful Harry could barely see, he could only hear Quirrell shrieking in pain and Voldemort's constant orders to kill him.

He felt Quirrell wrench his arm from his grasp and he world around him started turning black as he fell down.

"You were dying!" Screeched Hermione, "we were told you were hurt not nearly dead!"

Ron looked a bit pale as he nodded confirming what Hermione said, who told you that?" Asked a very confused harry.

Everyone's interest piqued, "ummm dumbledore..."

Harry scoffed, "makes sense." Seeing everyone's confused looks he waved them off and started up the memory again.

Suddenly their was a blinding white light and a silhouette of a person in Harry's field of vision.

"Good afternoon harry!" Said dumbledore, Harry stared at him blankly until a thought dawned on him, "Sir! The stone! Quirrell and Voldemort!"

"Calm yourself boy, you are a little behind, Quirrell doesn't have the stone..."

"Sir? Then who does?"

"Relax Harry, or madam pomfrey will throw me out."

Harry swallowed the lump in his throat, he looked around the room spotting a table with a piled the size of a mountain troll filled with sweets and presents.

"Tokens from friends...and admirers." Said a beaming dumbledore.

"How can he be so joyous when he practically endangered all his students and almost killing three in the process?" Teddy asked bewildered.

Harry sighed, "he's...a...different kind of wizard."

Dumbledores face grew more serious, "what happened between you and Quirrell in the dungeons must be kept a secret my dear boy, so naturally I would like it to stay that way."

He brightened again suddenly, "I believe your friends Fred and George were responsible for trying to send you a lavatory seat. No doubt they thought it would lighten your spirits...madam pomfrey however, thought it unhygienic and confiscated it..."

"So that's what you meant when you said it went to someone who needed it aunt Ginny!"

Ginny laughed, "yeah Teddy.."

Harry grumbled, "too bad I didn't actually get it, I would have hung it on my door at the Dursley's!"

Everyone laughed, "I think we should agree it was for the best madam pomfrey confiscated that present."

"How long have I been here?"

"Three days, mr Ronald Weasley and miss granger will be most relieved you have come around, they have been worried."

"Understatement of the year..." Ron snarked.

Hermione slapped him on the arm, "Ronald don't be rude!"

"It's dimbledore who cares! He's a conniving snake anyways..."

Everyone turned towards Ron with bewildered looks on their faces  causing Ron to turn red.

"But sir the stone..."

"I see you are not to be distracted, very well...the stone professor Quirrell did not manage to take from you, I arrived in time to prevent that. Although you did very well on your own I must say!"

"You got there! Did you receive hermiones owl then?"

"We must have crossed mid-air. No sooner had I reached London that I realized I should have been at hogwarts, I arrived just in time to pull Quirrell off of you."

"It was you-"

"I had feared I was too late."

"You nearly were, I couldn't have kept him off the stone much longer!"

Ginny slapped Harry on the chest softly to not jostle his injuries, "he means you...you...wanker!"

Harry raised his eyebrows at her while everyone else tried to cover up their laughter.

"Not the stone boy, you...the fort involved nearly killed you. For one terrible moment there, I was afraid that it had...as for the stone it has...been destroyed."

"Destroyed? But your friend...flammel-"

"Oh you know about that? Him and his wife had decided that they would be alright with passing along."

"Sir Voldemort, he's gonna try other ways of coming back...isn't he? What I mean to say is he's gone isn't he?"

"No, Harry he has not gone...he's still out there somewhere perhaps looking for another host, he's not truly alive he cannot be truly killed. He left Quirrell to die, he shows little mercy to his followers than his enemies...Harry you may have delayed his return but it hasn't stopped. But if someone else is prepared to fight what seems to be a losing battle...we'll let's say being delayed again, and again...he may never return to power..."

Harry shook his head, "sadly he did return to power."

Everyone looked at him sadly, knowing he didn't deserve to be involved in this at so young or at all.

"Sir I was wondering...well Voldemort said he only tried killing my mum because she stopped him from killing me, why did he want to kill me in the first place?"

"Alas Harry the first thing you ask me I cannot answer...you will know one day out if from your mind for now, when your older you will know for you will be ready."

Harry knowing it would do no good to argue continued to his next question, "well then why couldn't Quirrell touch me?"

Everyone perked up, "yes we would like to know that as well..."

"Your mother died saving you, if there's one thing Voldemort can't understand, it's love. He didn't realize how truly powerful it can be,a new love as powerful as your mother's leaves it's own mark."

"Not visible, to love someone as deeply as she did you, will always give protection. It is I'm your very skin...Quirrell was full of hatred, greed, and ambition, sharing his souls with Voldemort...he couldn't touch you for that reason. It was agony to touch a person marked by something so good."

James turned to his wife kissing her on the temple, "you saved him again Lilyflower ."

"One more thing professor, Quirrell and snape-"

"Professor snape Harry."

"Yes professor snape, Quirrel said he hates me because he hated my father...is that true?"

"Well they rather did detest eachother, much like you and mister Malfoy...but your father did something snape could never forgive."

"What was that?"

"He saved his life..."

Harry scrunched up his face, "what?"

"Indeed."

"Ummm i actually have one more question, how did I get the stone from the mirror?"

"Ah, now a question I can answer...it was my idea, you see anyone who wanted to find the stone but not use it would be able to reach it."

"That was very clever." Said Lily and Remus

"Now, that's enough questions for now...I suggest you make a start on these sweets! Bernie and Botts, I was unfortunate to get vomit in my youth. I'm afraid that caused me to lose my liking, but I think I'll be safe do you?"

He smiled and popped one in his mouth, "alas! Earwax!"

Everyone laughed grateful for the mood lightener.

"Alright guys I say it's time for bed it's getting quite late."

Everyone checked their watches surprised at the time they all agreed and went to bed.

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! School is crazy and so i hope this longer chapter makes up for it a little!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Nox By E.M. Birdy

Fanfiction

8.1K 420 31
(BEING EDITED COZ IT REALLY SUCKS!!!) My version of what should have happened after Harry Potter graduated and had children. Lily Luna Potter has no...
2K 71 31
No spell can reawaken the dead. Albus Dumbledore himself said so. So how is it possible that witches and wizards who are supposed to be dead are show...
290K 4.3K 42
What will happen when James and Lily Potter return from the dead?
114K 1.7K 17
*Now Complete!* A few years after the Second Wizarding War Harry's closest friends and family are living peacefully in the afterlife. What will happe...