Through the Universe [2]

De NLPrivett

Second of the Protector Series. The Doctor has now regenerated into his 10th regeneration, Rose and Galaxy a... Mais

Season 2
Born Again
I. The Christmas Invasion
II. The Christmas Invasion
I. New Earth
II. New Earth
Dreams
I. Tooth and Claw
II. Tooth and Claw
On Earth and the TARDIS
I. School Reunion
II. School Reunion
Antics In the TARDIS
I. Rise of the Cybermen
II. Rise of the Cybermen
I. The Age of Steel
II. The Age of Steel
Telling Rose
Birthday
I. The Idiot's Lantern
II. The Idiot's Lantern
The Doctor's Wife
The Doctor's Wife Pt. 2
I. The Impossible Planet
II. The Impossible Planet
I. The Satan's Pit
II. The Satan's Pit
I. Fear Her
II. Fear Her
A Visit to An Old Friend
I. Army of Ghosts
II. Army of Ghosts
II. Doomsday

I. Doomsday

249 7 1
De NLPrivett

Previously:

"Exterminate! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!"

Now:

The Daleks advance upon me, Rose, Mickey and Rajesh, with cries of "exterminate!"

"Daleks!" Rose yells causing the daleks to fall silent, slightly taken aback. "You're called Daleks."

The Daleks don't respond, seeming to simply observe Rose and she walks forwards towards them. "I know your name." she says, taking off the lab coat. "Think about it: how can I know that? A human... who knows about the Daleks. And the Time War." she says, causing my chest to sting slightly as she says Time War. "If you wanna know how, then keep us alive. That's all I'm asking. Me and my friends."

"Yeah, Daleks. Time War. Me too." Mickey says causing the Dalek's eyepiece to swivel around to look at Mickey. "Yeah. And me." Rajesh says before I take a step forward, not bothered on whether or not the Daleks find out that I'm a Time Lady. "Yeah. Daleks. We're not scared of you." I tell them, mockingly.

"You will be necessary." the Dalek says, looking at Rose before turning to another Dalek. "Report: what is the status of the Genesis Ark?"

"Status: hibernation." the Dalek says.

"Commence awakening." another Dalek says.

"The Genesis Ark must be protected above all else." the last Dalek says before they all term to the Ark, which also emerged from the sphere. They clamp the plunger arm to the side of the Ark. "The Daleks, you two said they were all dead." Mickey says to use, still pointing his gun at the Daleks. "Never mind that, what the hell's a Genesis Ark?" Rose asks. "Protector?" Rose asks me but I just shake my head.

"I don't know. I've never heard of it."

**********

"Which of you is least important?" the Dalek asks.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask the Dalek, slightly taken aback.

"Which of you is least important?" the Dalek repeats.

"No, we don't work like that. None of us." I tell it.

"Designate the least important!" the Dalek orders.

"This is my responsibility." Rajesh tells us.

"No, don't!" I tell him, holding him back but he ignores me and stands before the Dalek.

"I er, I represent the Torchwood Institute. Anything you need, you... come through me. Leave these two alone." Rajesh tells it.

"You will kneel." the Dalek orders.

"What for?" Rajesh asks.

"Kneel." the Dalek repeats so Rajesh does as he's told and kneels in front of the Dalek. The surrounding Daleks direct their eye stalks onto him. "The Daleks need information about current Earth history."

"Yeah well I can give you certain amount of intelligence but nothing that will compromise Home Land security..." Rajesh begins to say.

"Speech is not necessary. We will extract brainwaves." the Dalek says before the three advance upon Rajesh and position their plungers around his head. "Don't... I... I'll tell you everything you need. No. No!" he shouts in agony before the Daleks crush his skull. Mickey makes towards him but Rose and I hold him back, knowing it's already too late.

Soon enough, the Daleks let Rajesh's blackened corpse fall to the ground. "His mind spoke of a second species invading Earth infected by the superstition of ghosts. "You didn't need to kill him!" Rose yells at the Daleks.

"Neither did we need him alive." one of the Daleks say.

"Dalek Thay, investigate outside." the Dalek says.

"I obey." Dalek Thay says, causing me to gasp in shock as the Dalek leaves the chamber.

"No." I mutter quietly to myself. "It can't be."

"Establish visual contact." the Dalek says. "Lower communications barrier."

A projection appears in the area previously occupied by the sphere, showing Dalek Thay's point of view. I gasp at who the Dalek comes into contact with. "Identify yourselves." Thay says.

"You will identify first." one of the Cybermen says.

"State your identity." Thay says.

"You will identify first." the Cyberman repeats.

"Identify!" Tay screams.

"It's like Stephen Hawkins meets the Speaking Clock." Mickey snickers, making me elbow him. "Shut it." I hiss.

"... illogical, you will modify." the Cyberman says.

"Daleks do not take orders." Thay says.

"You have identified as Daleks." the Cyberman says.

"Outline resembles the inferior species known as Cybermen." the Dalek says.

Suddenly, my phone rings, causing me to answer the phone before the Daleks realise it's ringing. "We must protect the Genesis Ark." one of the Daleks say.

"Our species our similar, through your design is inelegant." the Cyberman says.

"Daleks have no concept of elegance." Thay says.

"This is obvious. But consider, our technologies are compatible. Cybermen plus Daleks, together, we could upgrade the Universe." the Cyberman says.

"You propose an alliance?" Thay asks.

"This is correct." the Cyberman says.

"Request denied." Thay says, causing the Cybermen immediately thrust their fists out, ready to shoot Dalek Thay. "Hostile elements will be deleted." the other Cyberman says before they shoot at the Dalek, but the rays bounce off the armour. "Exterminate!" Dalek Thay says before aiming at the Cybermen and one after the other, they collapse onto the floor after being shot. Suddenly, we see the Cybermen upstairs. "Daleks, be warned: you have declared war upon the Cybermen." the Cyberman says.

"This is not war. This is pest control." the Dalek says.

"We have five million Cybermen. How many are you?" the Cyberman asks.

"Four." the Dalek says.

"You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?" the Cyberman asks, rather quite cockily. "We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek. You are superior in only one respect."

"What is that?" the Cybermen asks.

"You are better at dying. Raise communications barrier!" the Dalek says causing the screen to go static. "Rewind image by nine rells." another Dalek says, causing the screen to rewind by nine seconds and then zoom in on the Doctor. "This male registers as enemy."

This makes me smile, quite a lot. "The female's heartbeat has increased." the Dalek says, turning to me and Rose. "Yeah, tell me about it." Mickey says.

"Identify him." the Dalek tells us.

"All right then... if you really wanna know... that's the Doctor." Rose tells the Daleks, making them roll back slightly. "The other female's heartbeat has also increased." the Dalek says, turning to me.

"Yeah. It really has." I begin before stepping forwards slightly. "And I'm really surprised you didn't recognise me earlier, but then again, you're memory lapse's need to be corrected so let me tell you..." I say, bending down slightly so I'm looking right in the eyepiece. "I'm the Protector."

The Daleks roll back even further and adjusting their laser beams. "Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor and Protector? Now you're scared." Rose laughs, making me smile.

"How did you survive the Time War?" the Dalek asks me.

"By fighting on the front line with the Doctor. We were there for the fall of Arcadia. Maybe one day we'll come to terms with it." I tell them.

"You are unarmed. You cannot harm us."

"Ah yes. You say that but..." I begin before spinning my gun on my finger. "... you say that yet I have this. Pretty handy when you know how to use it." I tell the Daleks, smirking.

"Alert. The Protector is armed." the Dalek says.

"Cyber threat irrelevant. Concentrate on the Genesis Ark." Dalek Thay says once he enters the chamber. The black Dalek, presses its suction arm to the side of the Genesis Ark. "Why are we being kept alive?" Mickey asks, whispering to the two of us.

"They might need us." Rose says after a pause.

"What? What is it?" Mickey asks.

**********

Whilst the Daleks are crowding around the Genesis Ark, Mickey turns us around to show us something, but I'm too focused on the Daleks to look. "I could teleport out of here and get help." Mickey says. "But it only carries one and I'm not leaving either of you."

"You'd follow me anywhere." Rose begins as I tun my head to look at them, deciding it would be best to ignore the Daleks as it won't solve any of my problems. "What did I do to you all those years ago?"

"Guess I'm just stupid." Mickey says, causing me to grab his hand.

"Mickey Smith. You are the bravest man I've ever met." I tell him.

"What about the Doctor?" Mickey asks me.

"Mickey. I said man. My husband is more like a child than he is a man." I say, making Mickey look at me confused whilst Rose giggles. "But if you want to play it like that, you're the bravest human man I've ever met."

"What do you mean husband?" he asks me.

"Mickey. I'm a Time Lady. But the Time Lady part of me has been stuck in this locket..." I begin, holding the locket. "... for over nine years now." I tell him. "And I was married to the Doctor when I was a Time Lady and then when I was a human, I began dating him."

"Oh. That makes sense." Mickey says. "But I can't think what the Daleks need with me. I'm nothing to them."

"You could be... whatever's inside that Ark is waking up and I've seen this happen before." Rose tells him. "The first time I saw a Dalek, it was broken. It was dying. But I touched it. The moment I did that... I brought it back to life. As the Doctor said... when you travel in time in the TARDIS, you soak up all this... um... background radiation. It's harmless, it's just there. But in the Time War, the Daleks evolved so they could use it as a power supply."

"I love it when you talk technical." Mickey says, gazing at Rose.

"Shut up. If the Daleks have got something inside that thing that needs waking up..." Rose begins.

"They need you both." Mickey says, looking at the both of us.

"You've travelled in time, any of the three of us would do." I tell Mickey.

"But why would they build something they can't open themselves?" Mickey says.

"That's the thing, Mickey. Daleks can't build anything." I tell him, looking back at the Daleks. "The technology is stolen. The Ark is not of Dalek design." the Dalek says, making me look at it slightly confused. "Then who built it?" I ask.

"The Time Lords. This is all that survives of their Home World." the Dalek says before the four Daleks begin shuffling around the Ark. "What's inside?" I ask.

"The future." the Dalek says as I stare at the Ark in shock. Why the hell do the Daleks have something that the Time Lords built?

**********

"Final stage of awakening." one of the Daleks say as they all back away from the Genesis Ark. "The Time Lady's handprint will open the Ark." the Dalek says.

"The Time Lady will not." I snap, shaking my head.

"Obey or the humans will die." the Dalek threatens.

"You will not touch them or else you will get shot." I tell them.

"Lex, don't." Mickey tells me as I walk towards the Ark.

"Place your hand upon the casket." the Dalek tells me as I roll my eyes. I'm not an idiot an nor will I be a fool to turn into one. "Before I do, I have a question. As you escaped the Time War, just like I did, do you want to know what happened to the Emperor?"

"The Emperor survived?" the Dalek asks me.

"He did, until he came across me. Now, I met the Emperor when I took the Time Vortex in me to save the man that I love and I turned the Emperor and every other bleeding Dalek there." I laugh.

"You will be exterminated!" the Dalek screams, furiously.

"Oh now, hold on, wait a minute." I hear someone say from behind me, making me turn around to see the Doctor stood by the door. "Alert, alert, you are the Doctor." the Dalek says as I smile with delight, the Doctor walking into the room whilst wearing the 3D glasses. "Sensors report he is unarmed." Dalek Thay says.

"That's me. Always." the Doctor smiles.

"Then you are powerless." the Dalek says, making me snicker slightly.

"Not me. Never." he says, taking off the glasses before pulling me into a hug. "How are you?" he asks Rose.

"Oh, same old, you know." Rose responds, grinning like Cheshire cat.

"Good! And Mickity-McMickey! Nice to see ya!" he says as he bashes his spare first with Mickey. "And you, boss." Mickey responds.

"You alright?" he asks me, kissing my head.

"Yeah. Never better. Couldn't ask for more. Getting stuck in a room with Daleks couldn't get any better." I tell him.

"Social interaction will cease!" one of the Daleks says.

"How did you survive the Time War?" the Dalek asks, repeating the question it asked me.

"By fighting. On the front line." the Doctor begins. "I was there at the fall of Arcadia. Someday I might even come to terms with that. But you lot, ran away!"

"We had to survive." the Dalek says.

"The last four Daleks in existence. So what's so special about you?" the Doctor asks.

"Doctor, it's the Cult of Skaro." I tell him.

"I am Dalek Thay."

"Dalek Sek."

"Dalek Jast."

"Dalek Caan."

"The Cult of Skaro. I thought you were just a legend." the Doctor says eyeing them.

"Who are they?" Rose asks.

"They're a secret order above and beyond the Emperor. They were tasked to imagine, think as their enemy does. They named themselves and found new ways to kill." I explain, walking around the Ark. "But that thing, they said it was yours. I mean, Time Lords. They built it. What does it do?" Mickey asks, gesturing to the Ark.

"We don't have a clue. Never seen it before." the Doctor says.

"But it's... Time Lord." Rose says.

"Both sides had secrets." the Doctor says before turning to the Daleks. "What is it? What have you done?"

"Time Lord science will restore Dalek supremacy." Dalek Sek says.

"What does that mean? What sort of Time Lord science? What do you mean?" I ask them, annoyed because I'm confused as hell. "They said one touch from a time traveller will wake it up." Rose says.

"Really? Well, I must not have been listening." I say. "But technology using the one thing a Dalek can't do. Touch. Sealed inside your casing. Not feeling anything... ever... from birth to death, locked inside a cold metal cage." I say.

"Completely alone. And that explains you voice. No wonder you scream." the Doctor whispers. "The Doctor and Protector will open the Ark!" Sek yells.

"The Doctor and Protector will not." the Doctor denies.

"You have no way of resisting." Dalek Sek points out, making me roll my eyes at the Dalek. They can be so stupid and thick sometimes. "Well... you got us there. Although... there is always this." the Doctor says before whipping out his sonic screwdriver from his pocket.

"A sonic probe?" Sek asks.

"That's screwdriver." the Doctor says.

"It is harmless." Sek says scornfully.

"Oh yes. Harmless is just the word. That's why I like it. Doesn't kill, doesn't wound, doesn't maim. But I'll tell you what it does do, it is very good at opening doors." the Doctor says before activating the screwdriver and immediately, the doors explode inwards. The Cybermen and Jake enter with guns. "Delete! Delete! Delete! Delete!" they Cybermen chant.

"Alert. Casing impaired. Casing impaired." Dalek Caan says before the Doctor and I fling ourselves to the ground, trying to avoid the guns. "Rose, get out!" I yell to Rose before she makes her way towards the door but she stumbles on her way to it. "Fire power insufficient! Fire power insufficient!" Dalek Sek says. I take out my gun, locking it before beginning to fire it at the Daleks. "Daleks will be deleted. Delete! Delete!" the Cybermen say. The Doctor runs out from the room to where Rose is whilst I move over to Mickey, who is also firing but he has no sense of direction so he is literally shooting everywhere. "Mickey, Protector, come on!" Rose yells towards us, from out in the corridor. "Adapt to weaponry!" Dalek Thay says.

"Fire power restored!" Dalek Sek says and before long, the Daleks are shooting at the Cybermen, immediately destroying them. Jake dashes towards the door with Mickey and I following yet I manage to lose my footing and accidentally place my hand upon the Genesis Ark, leaving a red hot mark there but I don't pay any attention to it as I dash towards the door because I know that if we didn't open the Ark soon, the Daleks would forcibly open it. I wince in pain slightly as I look at my hand, pocketing my gun. I manage to slip through the door before it closes, sealing both the Daleks and the Cybermen inside. "Jake, check the stairwell. The rest of you, come on!" the Doctor yells at us.

Mickey, Rose, the Doctor and I are running down the corridor whilst I'm telling the Doctor about what happened. "I just fell, I didn't mean it!"

"Lex, without us, they'd have opened it by force. To do that, they'd have blown up the sun. You've done us a favour!" he tells me, reminding me of what I had been telling myself when I had touched the Genesis Ark. He kisses my head before grabbing onto my hand. "Now, run!"

**********

"You will be upgraded." a Cyberman says at the end of a corridor, talking to someone. Another Cyberman stands in the way of the person causing us not to be able to see them. "No, but you can't! Please..." a familiar voice whimpers, making me know that it's my mum, Jackie, whimpering. I quickly whip out my gun from my pocket before shooting the Cybermen in the back and they fall to the ground, dead. I quickly spin my gun around before pocketing it. "Pete!" Jackie suddenly yells.

"Hello, Jacks." Pete says, making me smile slightly.

"I said there were ghosts, but that's not fair. Why him?" she asks, annoyed.

"I'm not a ghost." Pete says.

"But you're dead. You died twenty years ago, Pete." Jackie says.

"It's Pete from a different Universe. There are parallel worlds, Jackie. Every single decision we make creates a parallel existence, a different dimension where..." the Doctor begins, stepping forwards tentatively in an attempt to explain. "Oh, you can shut up." Jackie says and for once, the Doctor does, stepping back into the background causing Pete to smile. "Oh... you look old." Jackie tells Pete.

"You don't." Pete says.

"How can you be standing there?"

"Just got lucky... lived my life. You were left on your own. You didn't marry again, or...?"

"There was never anyone else." Jackie says quietly, making the Doctor and Mickey smirk whilst Rose and I smile at them. "Twenty years, though. Look at me, I never left that flat. Did nothing with myself."

"Brought them up. Rose and Galaxy Tyler." Pete says, making the four of us smile. "That's not bad."

"Yeah." Jackie whispers.

"In my world, it worked. All those daft little plans of mine. They worked. Made me rich." Pete says.

"I don't care about that." Jackie begins before pausing. "How rich?"

"Very." Pete says as I laugh slightly.

"I don't care about that... how very?" Jackie asks, making Pete laugh with Rose rolling her eyes whilst the Doctor and I smile fondly. "Thing is though, Jacks, you're... you're not my wife. I'm sorry, but you're not. I mean, we both..." Pete begins and Jackie nods her head. "You know, it's just sort of..." he begins but eventually, he gives in and starts towards her. "Oh, come here."

They run to meet each other, with Jackie beginning to cry. He sweeps her off the ground in a huge hug.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.8K 142 34
Its been over two decades since the doctor dropped sarah jane back onto earth...
11.9K 332 15
The Doctor thinks it's too good to be true when he stumbles across Zero, a Timelord who escaped Gallifrey during the War. But he soon realises there'...
5.2K 253 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...
625K 27.6K 125
Lyssa Devons was trying to run away. But a freak lightning storm sent her to another destination entirely - the TARDIS. Now she's being tossed around...