Dagger (Loki)

Od teeny_tiny_lou

Mabel dreaded the day she'd have to give her life to a prince, all because she was royal? Who cared, why did... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 7

191 12 0
Od teeny_tiny_lou

Chapter warning: mental health, trauma, death, pills, food, mentions of self harm/ suicide
———

"But I don't think I could stand to be, when you don't see me," - Francis Forever, Mitski

Ada stared at the ceiling, replaying the thoughts in her head. She couldn't stop herself. Memories that she had pushed away, hidden in the darkest corners of her mind, flooded back.

She laid in her bed, letting it happen, letting the pain flood back over her all over again as she recalled the events that had lead her here.

Her stomach was tight with pain, her head was spinning, she felt like she couldn't breathe.

She closed her eyes and covered her face with her hands, willing herself to calm down. She was tired, tired of living a lie, tired of keeping her cool, she couldn't do it anymore.

"Hollis," She whispered, her voice pained.

-

"Hollis!" Ada cheered happily, running to her friend, embracing her in a hug. Hollis smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around Ada, running her hands through her hair.

Ada pulled away, smiling up at Hollis. Ada always thought she was gorgeous, the way her long, dark hair fell down her shoulders and her brown eyes always invited her in.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Hollis hummed, her voice thick like honey, and just as sweet.

"Of course!" Ada giggled, twirling around, Hollis catching her in her arms. Ada sighed and relaxed, her back against Hollis' chest. She felt safe.

They were attending a ball together, something they had never done before. Their families had never financially been upper class, but had somehow, unknown to the girls' knowledge, managed to get invited.

Ada grabbed Hollis' hand and spun to face her. Hollis gazed down at her.

The two had been inseparable since childhood, their families being close. Once the two were old enough to talk, they had been almost joined at the hip.

Their homes weren't far apart, just around the corner from each other, and they always met half way, everyday, to walk together to the Ada's family's farm, where they spent their days working.

The families didn't have much, but the bond of their daughters gave them all a sense of family between each other. The farm was owned by Ada's family, and Hollis' family helped maintain it, and even owned portions of the land.

The girls made sure the animals were fed, their stalls were clean, they had fresh water, essentially the care of the animals. They had named each and every creature that lived on the farm, including the family of mice that lived outside of the stalls.

They made up stories between the animals, gave them drama. It kept them entertained for the most part.

They walked hand in hand to the farm, laughing to one another. It was harmless. Right?

Ada always had felt a strong attachment to Hollis. She didn't know how to describe it, other than when she was with her, she felt like she could do anything, be anything.

And Hollis..

Hollis looked over Ada's features, always shocked by her beauty. She knew what she felt when she looked at Ada. A thump in her chest, a flutter that began in her stomach and crawled up her cheeks.

"Ada," Called Ada's father, who stood on the porch of their home as the two of them approached. He glanced between the two girls, and their hands that were delicately untwined.

Ada let go of Hollis' hand, running up to her father to get a list of chores for the day, other than their daily care for the animals.

Her father eyed Hollis, who looked toward the ground to avoid eye contact. She knew that he had his suspicions.

He handed Ada the list and tapped her chin up so she looked at him.

"Don't work too hard, we want them to be impressed by you, tonight," He hummed. Ada frowned, a little confused, but shrugged it off and ran back to Hollis with the list.

He stared at them, before walking back into the house.

The girls turned and made their way to the barn.

They pulled open the doors, greeting the animals with the bright light of the sun.

"Good morning!" Ada called, throwing her arms in the air, spinning around. She pranced you to the stalls with the goats, unlatching it to let them out. She greeted them one by one as they made their way out.

Hollis counted them, also greeting them as they walked passed.

"Let's keep it together today, alright, ladies?" She called to them. They hadn't a care in the world.

"Darla, remember to keep your thoughts to yourself!" Ada added in. She bounced over to the horses, each having their own stall.

Hollis pulled over the bag of feed, helping Ada fill up their buckets as the horses huffed and knocked at the doors with their hooves.

"Augustus, what's our motto?" Ada asked one of the Horses as she grabbed his feed bucket. The horse stared blankly back.

"That's right! Make every day count! You're so inspiring," she cooed. Hollis shook her head with a smile on her face.

They made their rounds to the pigs, who were still laying down, one of them even snoring.

Hollis grabbed their feed bucket, filled it up, and shook it, springing all three pigs awake and waddling over to the door.

"You guys just keep growing," Ada laughed, helping Hollis put the feed back in.

They fed the goats out in the yard, too many of them to feed in the stall.

Next was the coops, where the they checked for eggs, successfully scooping up two dozens. After their feed was refreshed, their door was open and they ran out, stumbling over each other.

The bulk of their morning work had been accomplished by breakfast time. They would take a break and relax under their tree. Each would pack a bag for their breakfast, typically some fruit and biscuits.

"What do you think my father meant by impress them?" Ada hummed, the words having been on her mind all morning.

Hollis frowned, looking up in contemplation.

"Maybe, just the people in general? Who's throwing this ball anyway?" She asked.

"No clue," Ada shrugged, "How many people do you think will be there?" She looked up at Hollis.

"Well, if our families were invited, surely plenty of others have also been," Hollis said. She looked over toward Ada.

"You're not going to flake on me when you see a dashing prince, are you?" She joked, but maybe she wasn't.

"Of course not, I don't think that's what I really want," Ada shook her head. Hollis paused, her breath catching. She swallowed.

"What is it that you want?" She asked.

"This," Ada hummed, leaning her back against the tree, "a small farm, with animals and fields, gardens.."

"You already have that," Hollis chuckled.

"Yeah, but I want my own," Ada said.

"I think you would miss me too much," Hollis teased her.

"Who said I don't want you their?" Ada glanced over at her.

Hollis felt her cheeks warm up.

"I'm sure you're future husband would mind," Hollis tried to brush it off. Ada looked away for a moment, sitting quietly. Hollis felt her palms grow sweaty.

"I.. don't think that's what I want," Ada repeated herself.

"What do you want?" Hollis whispered.

Ada looked over Hollis' features. What was this feeling in her chest? Why did she feel as if they were the only two?

Hollis bit her lip before looking away. She took a deep breath.

"Ada.." she said, voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes?" Ada said back.

"I.." Hollis started, mouth open to speak but her voice silent 

"What is it?" Ada asked.

"I.." Hollis closed her eyes before looking over Ada again, "I know what I want," she said, quietly.

Their eyes locked, staring into each other's.

"What's that?" Ada asked.

Hollis took a deep breath before closing her eyes and going in.

She pressed a kiss to Ada's lips, who was doe eyed as Hollis slipped her fingers through her hair. She slowly relaxed into it, eyes falling closed as she gained the courage to kiss back.

Sparks. That's all she felt, in her fingertips, her toes, and her stomach.

Hollis pulled away, looking over Ada's features, looking for any sign that she messed up.

Ada stared back at her, her cheeks a light pink.

"Hollis," She whispered.

Hollis blushed and glanced away, unable to keep the smile off of her face.

"I," Ada didn't know what to say. She pressed her hand against Hollis' cheek, turning her face to look at her. She pressed a kiss to her lips.

They both smiled into the kiss. They couldn't help the giggles that fell from their lips. They settled against the tree, Ada leaning her head against Hollis' shoulder.

Hollis sat with a smile, relieved.

~

Ada looked at herself in the mirror. She had just gotten ready for the ball, her hair, makeup, and dress on.

She hadn't felt this pretty before, never really having a reason to get dressed up so nice. Her mother had bought this dress new, she'd hadn't had new things before either.

She twirled around, giggling as the dress flared out.

"Someone's enjoying themselves," Hollis said from behind her.

"Hollis!" Ada gasped, turning. She looked wide eyed at Hollis, taken aback by her beauty in her dress.

"When.. when did you get here?" She stuttered out, "you look amazing,"

"Just now," Hollis smiled, "you're beautiful," she hummed, walking closer to Ada.

Ada blushed as Hollis placed a finger under her chin, lifting her head up to look at her. She slowly kissed her.

Ada still couldn't believe it. She knew she always had a special connection with Hollis, she just never thought about it like this. This felt so.. good.

They heard foot steps coming closer to the room, and Hollis pulled away. Ada still stood there, her cheeks dusted pink.

"Ladies," Their mother's cooed, stepping in. They were also dressed up, and ready to go.

"If we're ready, the carriage is waiting," One of them hummed.

"Yes!" The girls both nodded, and followed along as they walked out.

Ada and Hollis whispered to each other about the ball, what they thought it would be like, what food they would have.

They all climbed in, the families sharing a carriage, and they were on their way.

-

The two of them talked the whole way, laughing with each other. They sure knew how to talk.

"We're here," Ada's father said.

"Finally," Hollis' father jokingly said back.

They all climbed out, their driver helping the girls out as they both gasped at the place.

This was a castle.

"Did.. did you know it was in a castle?" Ada whispered to Hollis.

"No," Hollis shook her head.

"This. Is. Insane." Ada scoffed, a smile on her face.

"We were invited to a royal ball?" Hollis asked, turning to her parents.

They nodded, but her mother glanced away. Hollis frowned, turning back toward the castle and staring at it.

"They haven't mentioned much about this ball, have they?" She whispered to Ada. Ada shook her head. "I have a weird feeling about all of this," Hollis mumbled under her breath. Ada frowned but took Hollis' hand. She gave it a squeeze.

"You're just nervous, come on, I bet we're the prettiest ones at the party," She giggled.

Hollis nodded with a smile, but it faded as they walked toward the entrance.

Upon their arrival, they were announced to the crowd.

Everyone watched them as they descended the stairs. In the crowd, it seemed mostly young woman and their parents. Hollis didn't like this. There was something they weren't being told.

Ada didn't seem to notice, as her excitement boiled inside her.

"Ada, Hollis, we will get in line to meet the royal family, then we can enjoy the festivities," Ada's father spoke. The girls nodded, walking toward the line.

"Why didn't you mention this was a royal gathering?" Hollis questioned.

Her father looked over her, "it was.. a surprise," he said.

"Why were we invited?" She continued to badger him.

"Because," Her father paused.

"What is it?" Hollis demanded, but was cut off by someone clearing their throat. They were already at the front of the line. They all turned to look.

In front of them, the king and queen of their small kingdom stood before them, as well as the prince. He stood between them, a smile on his face as he greeted them.

"Hello, I'm Prince Tonryn, thank you for joining us tonight, and who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?" He asked.

The girls stood quietly, staring up at him.

"Girls," Ada's father coughed.

"Oh, uh, I'm Ada Ingbel," Ada said, and curtsied.

"Hollis Aldril," Hollis said, not following suit with the curtsy.

"Wonderful, I hope I get the chance to dance with you lovely women, tonight," Tonryn said.

Hollis' eyes widened.

"Thanks," she said, grabbing Ada and walking off with her.

Their families quickly apologized for the short interaction before following after the girls.

Hollis pulled Ada to the side of the room, out of view from their family for a moment.

"Ada, I know why we're here," Hollis said.

Ada frowned, looking around before back to Hollis, "what do you mean?" She asked.

"The prince, is a bachelor, and guess what we are," Hollis shook her head.

"Oh my god.." Ada gasped, looking down.

Hollis turned as their families found them.

"When were you going to tell us? When we were at the alter?" Hollis snapped.

Hollis' mother looked away and her father crossed his arms.

"You should have known. You're both 18, you knew this was going to happen," He said.

"I can't believe this," Hollis shook her head.

"Hollis," Her mother interjected.

Hollis looked at her mother. She felt betrayed.

Hollis grabbed Ada's hand.

"Ada, let's go," She said.

Their parents stepped in front of them, blocking them from leaving.

"Ada, darling, this is for your future, your families future," Ada looked up at her father as he spoke.

She didn't know what to say. She was hurt. They would trick them like this?

"I.. I need a minute," She said quietly, pulling away from Hollis and running off into the crowd.

Hollis and her family called after her but she ignored them.

It was loud. The music and the guests talking, she couldn't hear her own thoughts. She came to a stop as she felt her body run into someone else.

The two went falling onto the floor, Ada letting out a small scream as they hit the ground.

"Oh my gods! I'm so sorry!" She gasped. She pushed herself up to meet face with the Prince. Her eyes widened. She quickly pushed herself off of him.

The prince shook his head and groaned, slowly opening his eyes.

Ada stared at him wide eyed. She could feel the stares on them as a silence fell through out the room.

The prince slowly looked at her. There eyes met.

Quietly, he stood up, dusting off suit, he walked to Ada. Ada flinched and cowered as he got closer.

He put his hand out for her to grab.

She slowly looked up at him, staring between him and his hand.

"I.." she said, shyly lifting her hand, but the prince leaned down and grabbed it, helping her up.

"Prince Tonryn.. I,-" She said but couldn't finish her sentence as the prince laughed softly. She frowned in confusion.

"Changing up the pace, I see," he laughed.

She looked away, slowly backing up.

"Hey, it was an accident, the night has only just started," He smiled and pulled her hand to have her move closer. She stared up at him, not knowing what to say.

Music started.

Panic set in as Ada realized he wanted to dance with her.

"I'm not.. great at dancing," she tried to make an excuse.

"Don't worry, just follow my lead," He hummed, placing his hand on the small of her back.

He moved gracefully across the floor, leading Ada along with him. He whispered the steps to her. If they didn't have everyone's attention before, they had it now. A crowd formed around them as they dance across the floor.

The prince twirled Ada around, her dress flaring out. He pulled her back in and dipped her low. She stared around at the people as she had a moment to look. Hollis stood in the crowd, Ada barely had time to read her before she was pulled back up.

She didn't know how to handle this except to just let it happen. How much longer was this song anyway? It already felt like it was ages long.

As they danced, she tried to keep and eye on Hollis, trying to gage her response to this. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a flash of the jade color of her dress running out of the hall.

Ada felt panic rise. She turned to look at Tonryn.

"I have to go," She said, trying to pull away.

"Can't stay for one more dance?" He hummed into her ear as he pulled her against him.

She pushed herself away, mumbling an apology as she turned and ran after Hollis.

Out in the hallway, Ada found Hollis storming down it.

"Hollis!" She called, running after her, "Hollis, wait!"

Hollis stopped.

Ada caught up to her, trying to catch her breath.

"Hollis, I'm sorry, I couldn't get away from him," She said.

"It's okay," Hollis said, quietly. She turned to face Ada.

Ada looked over her tear stained cheeks.

"Are you crying?" She asked, reaching a hand up to wipe her tears away.

"This isn't fair," Hollis sniffed, shaking her head.

"I know," Ada sighed, "nothing is,"

"What if we told them?" Ada hummed, "what if.. we told them and then we wouldn't have to worry about this stupid prince,"

"So you think I'm stupid?" They heard from behind them.

They jumped. Ada turned on her heels and looked at the prince.

"No! I'm sorry, you misheard," Ada shook her head.

"No, I don't think so," The prince chuckled, walking closer, "I didn't find it very kind that you ran off like that,"

"I.. it was an emergency," She shook her head, frowning.

"I'm sure," He said, looking between the girls.

Ada looked away.

"Is there something we can help you with?" Hollis asked.

"Oh, don't worry, I'll help myself," He said as he reached out for Ada's hand. Once he had a hold of it he pulled Ada to him.

"Let go of me!" Ada demanded.

"Silly girl, you're family's farm is a gold mine," The prince chuckled, "it'd be foolish of me to choose differently,"

"What do you mean?" Ada frowned.

"Of course you're unaware, else your family would be one of the richest in town," The prince shook his head, "under all of that mud and filthy creatures, lies a very specific mineral, hordes of it, one that would make us more powerful than you could imagine,"

"And that's why, you'll be the woman of my choosing," The prince purred.

"What?" Ada snapped, struggling against his grasp, "you can't make me marry you!"

"No? That's too bad, then you'll be committing treason of your kingdom," The prince tisked, letting go of her hand, "both of you, and your families, locked away,"

"You can't do this," Hollis interjected.

"I'd be happy to change my mind, but she'll have to swear her love to me," The prince motioned toward Ada.

Ada stared at the prince in disbelief. She looked between him and Hollis.

"I'll.. I'll do it," She said, closing her eyes.

"Ada!" Hollis gasped, rushing to her side, "you don't have to do this,"

"She does, actually," The prince hummed, and slipped his arm around Ada's. He pulled her, Ada stumbling slightly. She looked back at Hollis as the prince lead her away.

"Ada!" Hollis yelled after her. Tears fell down her cheeks as she watched Ada be pulled back into the ball room.

-

"My esteemed guests, I'd like to thank you all for joining us tonight, it has been a grand time," The prince announced, everyone turning to look at him.

He stood at the top of the stairs, Ada standing behind the doors at the top.

"But like everything eventually does, this party has come to an end, as I have found my princess,"

A whisper fell over the crowd, everyone wondering who it was.

"I'd now like to introduce you to her," The prince hummed, walking to the doors.

Ada stood, staring at the large wooden doors, her heart rate pulsing. She wanted to cry and scream. But she kept her composure.

"Ada," she heard her name called.

She looked to the side, and saw Hollis.

"Hollis, wait," Ada said, turning towards her, "Hollis I'm so sorry, I didn't want this," Ada shook her head.

"I know," Hollis said, walking closer.

"Hollis.. we could still make this work, he doesn't have to know about us," Ada said.

"You'd risk your life to be with me? Ada don't be insane," Hollis shook her head.

"I'm serious," Ada said, "I want you, and I realized that I always have," she grabbed Hollis and pulled her close, pressing up on her toes to kiss her.

Hollis sighed into the kiss, cupping Ada's cheeks and pulling her in closer. They heard the door click. Hollis pushed Ada away as the door was pushed open.

The prince stood in the doorway, curiously looking between the two.

"Am I interrupting?" He coughed, "because I'm trying to introduce my new bride to the kingdom, so if you could just.." he shooed away Hollis with his hand.

Hollis looked over Ada one more time before walking away.

"Ready?" Tonryn asked Ada. She just stared blankly back at him.

"Now, I'll need more excitement than that when we get out there," He hummed, then grabbed her hand, pulling her along with him.

They walked through the doors, a spotlight awaiting their entrance. The floor went quiet.

Ada could feel everyone eyes on her. She felt her stomach turn. There was no way to hide.

"Smile," Tonryn coughed to her.

She took a deep breath, then put on her best smile she could muster.

"Everyone, Lady Ada Ingbel, your new princess to be!" He announced.

A slow and quiet applause begun.

"Let's give them something to cheer about," he chuckled, grabbing Ada by the waist and pulling her in. Ada stared at him with a frown.

"Wait-"

Tonryn pressed his lips against hers in a crushing kiss. Ada stood there like a deer in headlights as the prince kissed her.

She felt like a prop. She was just there for show. Like He'd use her then put her away until he had another show.

As they separated from the kiss, there were more cheers from the crowd.

-

As the days went on, preparations were made for the wedding, which was only a week away. Ada had locked herself in her room. She only came out if it was necessary.

She hadn't seen Hollis since the night of the ball. She wasn't sure where she had been, and she wished for her touch, her voice, her presence.

Today she was to be trying on dresses for the ceremony. Her and Tonryn's mothers would be joining her, and would be arriving any moment.

Ada didn't want to do anything but lay there and mope. A tap came to her window. She ignored it at first, thinking it was just the branches outside hitting the glass.

But then it became insistent, so she got out of bed and stepped to the window. To her surprise and delight, Hollis stood at the window.

Ada quickly unlatched it and lifted it up, allowing Hollis to crawl through.

Once on her feet, Ada pushed herself against Hollis, pressing their lips together. Hollis wrapped her arms around Ada, holding her tight against her chest.

"Hollis," Ada whimpered against her, "where have you been?"

"Father has been keeping me busy at the barns, told me not to distract you," Hollis shook her head, "I found some time, and now I'm here to distract you," she smiled, but in her eyes there was pain.

"Thank you," Ada said back, leaning her head against Hollis' chest.

"I'm.. trying on dresses today.." Ada said, her voice quiet.

Hollis didn't respond.

"If you want to come-"

"Why would I want to come?" Hollis pulled away.

Ada stepped back, looking away. She wrapped her arms around herself.

"I just.. want to spend time with you," Ada whispered.

"Spend time with me while I watch you try on wedding dresses to marry someone else?" Hollis snapped. Ada looked down.

She didn't respond.

Hollis stared at her, frowning.

"Ada.."

"No, I get it, I'm sorry," Ada shook her head.

"Ada, no," Hollis shook her head, "I.. it's not fair," she sighed.

Ada looked up at her, "Not fair?" She laughed, softly, "I'm the one who is being forced to marry this man, and it's unfair to you?"

"Ada, that's not what I meant," Hollis said.

"I know what you meant," Ada pushed her hands into her hair, "I'm.. struggling to cope with this, I don't know what to do,"

Hollis pulled Ada into her arms. Ada felt her tears build up as she embraced her.

"Hollis, I need you," Ada whimpered and let her tears fall.

Hollis brushed her fingers through Ada's hair, trying to calm her down.

"You have me," Hollis said.

"For how long? Would we even be able to see each other once it's all said and done?" Ada cried.

"Of course, we will, you think some stupid prince can keep me away from you?" Hollis shook her head.

Ada chuckled softly. Hollis pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Ada!" Her mother sang, walking into the room.

Ada pulled away from Hollis, trying to wipe her tears.

"Oh, Hollis, hello dear!" Her mother said, softly, "Ada, darling, are you crying?"

"No, I.. I'm just so excited," Ada said slowly, looking up at Hollis.

"Well, Let's not make your face all red, you know how you get," Her mother cooed, walking over, "really, darling, let's get you cleaned up, her majesty awaits,"

-

Ada laid on the unfamiliar bed, staring at the dress that was neatly put on a mannequin. She couldn't believe it. Tomorrow, Friday, she would be married.

The castle felt so.. empty, even as it was filled with prized possessions and grand furniture. She had never felt so lost. Not just because she didn't know the halls, or which stair case lead to what, but because she knew she had no other direction to go, and even with the path laid out for her, she didn't know which direction to take.

This was for her family.

All of them, her family, close relatives, her friends, Hollis, they were accommodated with rooms for the night.

A soft knock came to her door. She stared at it. Did she even want to speak to anyone?

She slowly dragged herself out of the bed. She was already dressed in her night gown, the silver fabric sewn with soft velvet that reached just below her knees.

She walked to the door, slowly opening it.

"Ada," Hollis said.

Ada looked at Hollis.

They hadn't had much interaction between each other during the week, what with the double workload that Hollis has had to pick up from Ada's absence. The farm wouldn't be much anyway, after the marriage.

"Can I come in?" Hollis asked.

Ada nodded, opening the door wide enough to let her in. Hollis stepped in, looking in awe around the room.

"It's nice," She said.

"It's a castle," Ada shrugged.

Hollis shut the door behind her.

"How are you feeling?" Hollis asked.

Ada stared at her.

"Peachy," Ada chuckled softly.

Hollis smiled but looked down.

"I.. just wanted to come by, you know there's typically a celebration the night before these things," Hollis hummed.

"What's there to celebrate? Giving away my freedom?" Ada shook her head.

"Well.. maybe not celebrate that," Hollis coughed, "What about.. our memories?"

"Our memories? I didn't peg you as the corny type," Ada shook her head with a smile.

"I know.. but you are," Hollis stepped closer.

"Fine, what memories?" Ada giggled.

Hollis grabbed Ada's hand and lead her to the bed. She laid down on it, letting Ada lay beside her, close.

"What about that time that the goats got out?" Hollis hummed.

"Oh, what an awful memory," Ada laughed, "we tried all day to get them back in,"

"Yeah, but it was funny," Hollis smiled.

"I guess it was," Ada smiled back, "Oh, what about that time that the pigs broke into the feed storage,"

"Those chubby, conniving, little monsters, they'll do anything for a snack," Hollis said. Ada giggled.

"What about our first kiss?" Hollis asked.

Ada pursed her lips.

"That was nice," she said, voice barely above a whisper.

"Or when I told you I love you for the first time," Hollis said.

Ada turned her head, frowning at Hollis.

"You never said that,"

"I love you," Hollis said. Ada stared at her. She sat up, getting off the bed.

"Ada," Hollis said.

"What do you want me to do with that?" Ada said.

"What?" Hollis frowned.

"You love me? So what? That fixes everything?" Ada snapped.

"Ada-"

"Because now what? You love me and now what? I have to marry this wretched man, who's using me for our parents property, and now have to live with the fact that someone, that you, love me?" Tears streamed down her cheeks.

"You don't love me?" Hollis asked.

"Of course, I love you, you idiot!" Ada sobbed.

Hollis stared at Ada, slowly standing up and walking towards her.

"No, stay over there," Ada cried, hiding her face in her hands.

Hollis ignored her, stepping closer and grabbing Ada's arm gently.

Ada sluggishly attempted to pull away, but ultimately gave in to Hollis' touch.

"I love you," Hollis said again.

Ada stared up at her, trying to keep back the tears in her watery eyes.

"I love you, too," Ada said.

Hollis pressed her lips to Ada's, feeling her own tears fall from down her cheeks.

She slipped her hands into Ada's hair, pulling her in, pressing their bodies together.

The salt of their tears mixed in, the relief, the heart break.

Hollis walked Ada backwards toward the bed until Ada's legs buckled over it, sending her to lay down. Hollis stared down at her. She leaned over Ada, her hands tracing the soft velvet of her dress.

She slowly pushed up the edge.

"What are you doing?" Ada asked, grabbing Hollis' hand.

"Let me say goodbye," Hollis said. Ada stared down at her. She slowly pulled her hand away and watched Hollis carefully.

Hollis pressed kisses to her thighs as she lifted the skirt further and further up Ada's legs. Ada's breath hitched as she made her way further up.

"Hollis," Ada whimpered. Hollis pushed the skirt up passed Ada's hips, then up her torso. She helped her pull it the rest of the way off.

She looked over Ada, taking in her form.

"You're beautiful," Hollis said. Ada blushed, glancing away.

Hollis continued with her lips on Ada's skin, moving up her stomach and over her chest. She pressed one more kiss to her lips, before moving her hand down her body, slowly spreading her legs.

"Hollis!" Ada moaned.

-

Ada stared at herself in the mirror, her makeup done beautifully, accentuating all of her features perfectly. Her hair was done up into braids, some falling down her shoulders, some pinned to her head.

The dress, unfortunately, fit her perfectly. She was hoping some grave tragedy would happen to the dress and it would have to be postponed.

"You look amazing," Her mother said from behind her.

She didn't respond, only continued to stare at herself and reimagine last night.

Hollis' touch, her lips, her body..

"Ada," her mother called, "are you listening?"

Ada looked towards her mother.

"I said, you have 10 more minutes, then we must get this celebration started!"

Ada felt her stomach clench.

"Can I have a moment?" She said softly. Ada's mother nodded, before leaving the room.

Ada sighed, staring at herself in the mirror once more. She felt numb, and so overwhelmed at the same time.

She felt selfish for wanting to pull out of it, she knew she had to do it.

It was this or it was allow her family to rot in prison.

She closed her eyes for a moment. She couldn't cry, she couldn't cry. She clenched her fists before slamming them down on the vanity and screaming.

She had heavy breaths, hunched over the vanity as she tried to pull her sanity back together. Slowly looking up, she glared at her reflection.

"I can't do this," She uttered.

"Is everything alright?" She heard her mother from the other side of the door.

She stayed silent, contemplating her response. Should she tell her? Tell her all about the prince black mailing her into marrying him? What would she think?

She stepped to the door, opening it.

"Mother, I-"

"I know, darling, everyone gets cold feet, even I did when marrying your father, but when it's all said and done, you'll be okay," Her mother chimed.

"No, I-"

"Now, Ada, we've wasted too much time already, we must head down," Her mother grabbed her hand and pulled her from the room, "you're stunning,"

Ada stared at her mother, mouth agape. She slowly shut it, and looked away. Her mother was happy. That's what she cared about.

Guards met them at the doors, leading them down to the ceremony hall. Ada felt her heart pounding in her chest, getting louder and louder the closer they got.

She could hear the crowd on the other side of the doors as they approached them.

She was going to be sick.

Suddenly, on the other sides of the doors, the chatter of the crowd turned to screams of terror. The doors burst open as the guests ran from the hall. The guards blocked Ada from the frightened guests as they escaped whatever they were running from.

She couldn't see passed the guards, she couldn't see what everyone was running from. She could almost hear her mothers attempts at calming her, but it was in the back of her mind as she finally caught site of the source.

The prince, body lying limp on the floor, had been murdered.

His blood spilled over the white runner on the floor. Her eyes trailed up to see a dark figure dressed in layers in order to stay unknown, towered over his body, a bloodied knife in hand.

Her stomach sank.

"Hollis," She whispered, eyes widening. She shoved her way passed the guards, fought their grip, and finally was running toward the scene.

"Hollis! What have you done?!" She cried out, eyes staring in horror at the display.

Hollis looked up at Ada, her hands shaking, the knife suddenly falling from her fingertips.

Ada couldn't comprehend what was happening. Why would Hollis do this?

"What.. what have you done," She repeated, sorrow filling her voice.

Guards swarmed into the hall, weapons ready to take on whomever had killed the prince.

Ada looked up at Hollis, stepping back.

"Ada," Hollis said, "we.. we can be together now," She whispered.

Ada shook her head, taking another step back, but she slipped on the prince's blood that was puddling around them. The blood soaked into her white dress, her skin splattered with it.

She sat there for a moment, in a daze, before she felt herself being picked up and being pulled away, leaving Hollis standing alone, over the prince, and covered in his blood.

As she was taken from the room, she saw the guards swarm Hollis.

Tears fell down Ada's cheeks as she watched them pull Hollis to the ground. Once out of sight, she heard Hollis scream.

"No!" She cried, shoving against the guard.

"She didn't mean it! She didn't!" She screamed.

The guard struggled to keep Ada in their grip, but she squeezed away and ran back down to the hall.

She shouldn't have gone back.

Hollis' body lay lifeless next to the prince's.

She collapsed at the door, falling to her knees and screaming in agony. She couldn't hear the people calling for her as she sobbed on the floor.

Her best friend, her lover, lie dead in front of her, next to the man she had killed for Ada.

Ada was pulled from the ground, screaming out and fighting against the grip. She pulled away again and ran to Hollis' body, dropping down and pulling her into her arms.

Hollis' blood spilled onto Ada's dress as Ada cried. She shook her body, begging her to wake up. She couldn't accept it.

She felt four hands grab at her this time, overpowering her and pulling her away from Hollis' body.

And she gazed at the bodies left lifeless on the floor and she was dragged from the room.

-

Ada recalled the questionings she had been to, the countless hours of sitting in a room quietly, day after day, as the guards badgered her for answers. Shouting, swearing, the abuse she endured, until she had been deemed useless by the guards.

The time she spent just, existing, with no purpose. How she sat in her room, staring at the ceiling, refusing to eat or drink, hoping that maybe that would end her life.

Or the other countless times she attempted the very same thing using other methods, all failing.

Until she was forced onto medication. It blurred her thoughts, it made her dizzy, but at least she didn't feel the pain.

She remembered having to be force fed food and pills until she had given up on fighting it.

How no amount of therapy could truly erase the memories, though they did dull them.

She laid in her bed, all of this some how leading her to her current life, after being kicked out once she got better, forced to find a job, and working her way up to be a third party of her same story, hopefully not with the same ending.

The past had scarred her, traumatized her, and she couldn't ever fully recover.

But she could try her hardest to make sure it didn't happen again.

—————-

Ooh this one got a little dark -

I wanted an explanation for why Ada is the way she is- and maybe it got a little twisted, who knows

Also sorry for not posting, mental illness and all lol

Thanks for reading

Don't forget to like and comment !

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

449K 18.7K 66
{SET BEFORE THE EVENTS OF 'THOR'} - "Did you know," she said, sitting on the ground and turning to the prince, "that Midgard has an entire language d...
342K 8.6K 41
"I never understood why my brother choose love over family." he said grabbing my arm, he head snaps towards him. "You mean like you did with Jane?" I...
524 49 46
All Freyja wants is to see Odin, King of Asgard, dead at her feet, and she is willing to kill him by any means necessary. However, the leaders of the...
1.2K 94 23
"I'm in love with someone I shouldn't be." Son of Thor Odinson and Lady Sif, Prince Triston Thorson, or the God of Strength, was the second in line f...