Shoto Todoroki Oneshots

By Wishful_author_xoxo

(ON HIATUS) Enjoy xx (for some reason some of the chapters are separated or in the wrong order, I've tried to... More

Hidden Truths
The Best Present Pt.1
The Best Present Pt.2
The Best Present Pt.3
Who Hurt You? Pt.1
Who Hurt You? Pt.2
Who Hurt You? Pt.3
Cute / Sleepy Shoto
Almost...
Truth or Dare
A Close Call
Fairytale Stranger
Your Perfect Disappointment
My Little Plaything
Shaking
Long Lost Brother
Attack On UA Pt.1
Boyfriend Benefits
Flirt
Spilling Lies
Fun At The Funeral
First Time Cooking
The Sound of Your Voice
Frozen to Death
Villain?!
Teach Me
Pocky
Always His Favourite
Shoto On Ice
Madhouse Pt.1
Madhouse Pt.2
Madhouse Pt.3
Girls
And I Loved And I Lost You
Gone Boy Pt.1
Gone Boy Pt.2
Gone Boy Pt.3
Singing
Beauty Kings
Runaway Baby
Class 1A Playlist
Part-time Ambitions Pt.1
Part-time Ambitions Pt.2
Part-time Ambitions Pt.3
You Can't Leave Me... Us Pt.1
You Can't Leave Me... Us Pt.2
Fairytale Soulmate
La La La
Shoto's Playlist
Instagram
Joyride With Me
My Idol Pt.1
My Idol Pt.2
You Poor Child Pt.1
You Poor Child Pt.2
Submersion
Todoroki is a Girl?!
Depressive Episodes
Class Pets
The King's Secret Pt.1
The King's Secret Pt.2
The King's Secret Pt.3
Sibling Bonding Time
King of Hearts Pt.2
Personal Heater
Alexithymia
Come Home to Me
Descendants Pt.2
Descendants Pt.3
Descendants Pt.4
Zoo Trip
Little Acts of Kindness Pt.1
Little Acts of Kindness Pt.2
A Pirate's Life for Me
Time With You Pt.1
Time With You Pt.2
Chaos Pt.1
The Lost Prince Pt.1
The Lost Prince Pt.2
The Lost Prince Pt.3
The Lost Prince Pt.4
The Lost Prince Pt.5
The Lost Prince Pt.6
The Lost Prince - Epilogue
You Killed Her!
Our Lasts
Falling For You... Literally
No.1 Admirer
Fairytale Ending
Filthy Pirates!!
"May the odds be ever in your favour!"
Record of my Youth
Chaos Pt.2
Shoto Is A Cat?!
Dark Humour
And They Were Roommates?
Descendants Pt.1
King of Hearts Pt.1

Attack On UA Pt.2

638 20 0
By Wishful_author_xoxo

Hours passed with no news, and at one point Aizawa got up to get them all coffees. He knew he shouldn't give the caffeine to his already energetic students, but by the drained looks of both boys he knew he could let it slide this once. When he returned to the waiting room he found Kirishima sitting next to Bakugou, comforting the blond boy who seemed to be holding back tears.

He stood and watched undetected as Kirishima calmed Bakugou down, saying that he did all he could and that Todoroki would be okay.

"You didn't see him Kiri, he- shit, he looked dead." whispered Bakugou, the quietest Aizawa had ever heard him speak. No shouting, nor growls, no nicknames. Just sad and tired.

"But he isn't. He's fighting for his life just like you fought for yours. Bakubro, he's gonna be fine. I promise."

"He can't die. Not when..."

"Bakubro," Kirishima began slowly, "what's going on with you and Todoroki?"

Bakugou cast a look up at his friend before grabbing an almost invisible chain from around his neck and pulling something up from his chest. It was a thin silver ring with two gems inside: one red and one white.

"Promise rings... how long?" asked Kirishima quietly.

"Middle of second year."

"Bakugou..."

Kirishima embraced his friend in a strong hug and soon Bakugou was crying, praying to whatever being was up in the sky to save Todoroki.

"I can't lose him. I can't..."

"And you won't." Aizawa assured as he joined his two students. "He'll pull through, we know how strong and brave Todoroki is."

"Is this what it feels like when Mic gets hurt?" Bakugou asked his teacher whilst sitting up and wiping away his tears.

Aizawa nodded his head and patted Bakugou's shoulder before handing them their coffees; the three of them sat back in silence once more as they waited for the news. Luckily it wasn't too long and an hour later a doctor left the room covered in a bloody apron. He removed his gloves and mask before speaking. Kirishima could see the horrified look in his friend's eyes as he looked at all of the blood so he quickly asked:

"How is he? Todoroki? He's okay, right?"

The doctor looked at the two boys before casting a glance at the teacher. The prolonged silence made them all tense up and when Bakugou looked up at the doctor's face he shook his head and took a step back.

"No... no he isn't. He's not- he can't be dead."

"Do you want the good news or the bad news?" the doctor asked as he looked at the blond boy's pained expression.

"The good news." Aizawa stated.

"Todoroki isn't dead."

"Oh thank god." the teacher sighed with relief whilst Bakugou gripped onto his necklace tightly.

"And the bad news?" he asked.

"He's in a coma. We don't know when he may wake up."

"I don't understand."

"We managed to stop the bleeding; his stomach wound missed his lungs by a mere centimetre. His head however took some serious damage and so if-"

"When." interrupted Bakugou with a glare.

"When," the doctor corrected, "he wakes up, he may have amnesia. There may also be problems with his speech and walking in the worst case scenario."

Bakugou nodded his head and took some shaky breaths whilst Kirishima rubbed his back. Todoroki was alive, he was alive. For now that was good enough.

"Todoroki is strong. He pulled through several times during the surgery where someone else would have given up. He's fighting to live." the doctor spoke gently as he placed a hand on Bakugou's shoulder. "I think he is fighting to see you again, to tell you that he's okay."

Aizawa thanked the doctor before he guided the boys out of the hospital. He explained that they would need to clean Todoroki up and get him into a room before they could see him. But Bakugou persisted that he was going back to the hospital tomorrow to see him, and everyday until he woke up.

Due to the destruction of the school and dorms, some of the students were allowed into their class' dorms to collect what belongings remained. It was mostly clothes and random possessions but it was better than nothing; the students were all sent back to their homes where they would have to remain for the next few weeks.

Obviously lessons and training was cancelled, but there were regular online meetings for students to do any studying that they wished to do. However they mostly turned into small therapy sessions and chats to distract themselves from what had happened.

Luckily everyone in class 3A was alive although they had heavy injuries. Jiro badly hurt one of her earjacks and Shoji had broken 3 of his arms; Momo had a bad concussion and Denki kept overheating due to his quirk malfunctioning. But they all managed to attend the meetings and help each other.

Bakugou stayed true to his word and spent most of his days at the hospital by Todoroki's bedside. He either read to him, talked to him about their class, or sat their and held his hand in silence. He didn't want Icyhot to think that he was alone; he knew how scared he was of that.

But he couldn't stand how cold Todoroki was, how still. Every day he asked him to wake up, but he also said that he would wait as long as it takes for him. There wasn't any rush if it meant him being in pain, but he also wanted to see his eyes again, to hear his voice. Often times Bakugou's mother came to pick him up and she would see traces of red around her son's eyes.

Mitsuki knew how close Todoroki and Katsuki had become. She remembered the first time her son brought Todoroki home and how Todoroki had formally asked her permission to date her son. She immediately fell in love with him and loved to tease Katsuki with him. But she also knew how vulnerable they both were when together, how Todoroki could be the child he wasn't allowed to be and how Katsuki could drop his façade and just be himself.

She couldn't thank Todoroki enough for what he had done for her son, and she saw him as a son too. She sometimes joined Katsuki in the hospital room and they talked about some of Katsuki's embarrassing childhood moments. She silently prayed that their laughter would wake him up...

Five weeks.

Five weeks had passed and still Todoroki had not woken up. The doctors said his vitals were all steady and there was no unusual brain activity, so it was simply a waiting game. Everyone had come to visit him and soon there was a pile of flowers and cards and chocolates on his bedside.

Bakugou was getting worse. He now often spent the night at Shoto's side, and the doctors and nurses had given up telling him to go home. It was only when his mother or Aizawa or the Bakusquad came to visit could they convince him to go home for a night or two.

The school was being rebuilt and in the next month or so students could go back into the dorms if they wished, although school was still cancelled. Many students said they would, so as to simply be with their friends again, so construction was going ahead quickly.

Class 3A were prioritised and were in their dorms in no time. Everyone spent their days redecorating their rooms- which they had chosen for themselves without designations- and restocking the kitchen; every evening they spent together playing games or watching movies. Kirishima had told the class early on about Bakugou and Todoroki's relationship, he had to with all of the constant questions, so the class were always keeping an eye on the explosive blond.

They noticed that he was becoming really depressed and quiet, not even bothering to shout at them when they came to check up on him for the fifth time that day. He cooked a lot to take his mind of everything and he enjoyed seeing his classmates happy when they ate his food.

He still always made enough for the whole class, so there was always some left for Todoroki. Each night he would lie in his bed alone and let his mind wander, remembering all of the nights Todoroki had snuck into his room- being the quieter of the two- and they would stay up doing random things like watching YouTube videos, playing video games, jamming out to music or simply holding each other close and enjoying each other's presence.

Todoroki brought out a side to him that he didn't allow anyone else to see. One that was childish, carefree, but damn emotional and vulnerable too. He enjoyed spending those precious hours with Todoroki and they promised to have more of that when they graduated.

One day when he was sitting next to Todoroki, he talked to him about everything they would to together when they graduated:

"Of course we'll graduate at the top of the class, and then we can get our own place like Aizawa and Mic have when we become pro-heroes. I'm gonna take you out to all the places you haven't been like the amusement park and the aquarium. And you'll probably say something so blunt and ridiculous it's hilarious and we'll fall over laughing.

"We can go on holidays to the beach and we could do really cool things like skydiving or jet skiing, if you want. And then we can go for long walks in the evening and I'll tell you how much I love you. Because I do, I really love you Todoroki.

"And then one day... one day I'll get down on one knee- because I'll be damned if you do it first- and I'll ask you to marry me. And we'll get married and have two really awesome kids and we're gonna be great parents. They'll totally kick ass at UA whilst we are top heroes together.

"And then when we're older we can retire and spend our time travelling the world. There are so many different foods I want to try, and I know you really want to learn some new languages so it's perfect. And then when we're really old we'll spend our time at home and I'll cherish every moment I have with you and...

"Shoto, please. Please wake up. I need you here with me, to open your eyes and tell me you're okay, that everything is gonna be okay. I need you to do that thing where you hold me close and tell me the world isn't always perfect but that we are, and that it's okay to be scared or sad or to cry.

"Damn I haven't stopped crying. How dare you make me get so emotional like this, you bastard. You damn handsome bastard. I swear if you don't wake up I... I'll... Sorry, I'm doing it again. But Shoto, if you can hear me right now, please come back to me.

"I know it's only been just under two years, but we promised each other right from the start. You don't know how much I need you, how much you mean to me, because I can't express it with words that don't exist. But you know I speak through my actions and that's why I'm here. I'm here everyday and I'm going to be here until you wake up and I can see those damn gorgeous eyes again.

"Because I'm not leaving you Sho, I'm not going anywhere. Not for a long time..."

"I'm glad." A quiet voice broke the silence.

Bakugou gasped and looked up with wide eyes. Looking wearily back at him were a pair of the most perfect blue and grey eyes he had ever seen, alongside red-tinted cheeks flushed with life.

"Shoto?" he called out quietly, wanting to make sure this wasn't a dream; he slowly squeezed Todoroki's hand and cupped his cheek. They were warm.

"Hey Katsuki." Shoto greeted in a raspy voice due to his dry throat.

Bakugou stood up and engulfed Todoroki in a hug until they were both lying on the bed. He held him tight and let stray tears fall as he submerged himself in the moment. Todoroki was awake. Todoroki returned the hug as best he could and rested his head atop Bakugou's shoulder, inhaling the sweet caramel scent that always calmed him down.

"You're really awake. I'm not dreaming?" Bakugou asked quietly, his voice muffled by the bedsheet.

"You're not dreaming. Or if you are then we're both having the same dream and that's a little weird."

For the first time in almost two months Bakugou laughed, hugging Todoroki even closer until they were pressed against each other. But the moment passed and he was immediately sitting up to grab his boyfriend some water, asking if he was feeling okay.

"Are you in pain? I need to get the doctor. Do you remember everything? You can speak, and walk, and- wait you don't know that yet. Are you-"

"Katsuki." Shoto called out, interrupting the boy's rambling as he accepted the glass of water. "Calm down."

Lightly patting the side of the bed he shuffled over enough to let Bakugou lie down next to him. He put an arm over the blond's waist and rested his head over his chest where he could hear Bakugou's heartbeat. Bakugou let himself relax and just enjoy the fact that Todoroki was awake.

"But are you really feeling okay?" he asked whilst running a hand through the white and red strands of hair, trying to separate them onto their correct sides.

"I'm okay. A little sore but that's nothing new."

"And do you remember everything?"

"I know who you are. I remember my family, the class, the fighting... did we win?"

"We took heavy losses; the whole school was destroyed. But students can go back to the dorms now so we've all been together."

"And Overhaul? Shigiraki? Toga?"

"Missing."

Shoto sighed, wishing that the main villains had been captured. But at least their class was alright and back together again.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Seven weeks."

"Oh... And you never left?"

"I was here everyday. Most nights too. You had so many visitors it pissed me off. But the class has visited, the teachers, your siblings and my mom too."

"That's nice. I'm glad you never left. I think I would have felt lonely if you did."

"Did you know I was here?" Bakugou asked, looking at Todoroki with surprise.

"I'm not sure. It was all just dark, and quiet, but I never felt alone. Somehow, I think I knew you were here, that you were okay and hadn't left me."

"Always. I'll always be here with you." Katsuki vowed whilst kissing Todoroki's forehead. "I've missed you." he added quietly, kissing him again.

"It's okay now." Shoto promised as he let his eyes slip shut, falling back asleep with a peaceful expression.

Bakugou held him close and ran a hand through his hair, placing kisses on his forehead, cheeks, and neck every so often to remind Todoroki that he was there. He revelled in the relief he felt that Shoto had woken up and soon made several phone calls to his family and friends to tell them the news.

Todoroki later woke up to a crowd of eager, grinning faces scattered around the room. He saw his family and his class as well as the teachers and other pro-heroes all crammed into the room, and he let himself smile as he said hello to everyone again. He spent the evening in Bakugou's arms, feeling safe and warm whilst he was handed gifts and cards before he caught up on all that had happened.

He was glad everyone was safe and recovering, glad that his friends were all together again, and glad that he was back with Katsuki. Back in the classroom all those weeks ago, he couldn't speak to Bakugou and tell him how much he loved him; the best he could do was lean into his embrace.

But he made sure to say it now. And he would say it everyday until the end of their forever. Because he and Katsuki would be together for a very long time, that was what they had promised, in this life and the next. Always.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 2.9K 20
I'm thriving on Bakukiri right now, but I'll try to keep it diverse. -I'm open to suggestions. -There will be trigger warnings if needed! -I will NOT...
826 7 35
Two fifteen.. wait.. are they fifteen? Are they sixteen now? Umm.. aNyWaY- Two TEENS.. now that's just weird- uHhhh- There are plenTEE(n) teens in th...
11.6K 347 16
Shoto gets kicked out of home and he doesn't know where to go. He soon finds Bakugou entering his house and decides to ask if he can crash the night...
564 2 7
Hi everyone so I've been burnt out lately but I've also had many ideas that I'm not sure I want to make a whole separate book for since in the past I...