My Brothers From a Different...

By rya_writes

Xanthe Rivera. A troubled senior at his high school. When Xanthe gets himself in trouble after a stunt pulled... More

before you read!
cast
chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11

chapter 2

1.8K 80 6
By rya_writes

x. rivera

I cannot believe I'm going through this shit again.

One minute I'm spray painting a very detailed and artistic pair of testicles on the side wall of my school, and the next I'm sitting in the principals office waiting for Mr. AssHat to decide my punishment.

This was the third time this month.

I'm disappointed in how lazy I've gotten with my pranks lately. The fact that I've been caught not once but thrice in only a month is almost embarrassing. If it weren't for the fact that I don't give a shit what becomes of me or my reputation, I'd probably be ashamed.

Mostly I'm just annoyed because I know that Lachlan is going to be up my ass about this.

Damn, uptight ass.

Suddenly the office door slams open and in walks principal Erikson with a smug look on his fucked up face. God how I'd love to beat that look right off him.

He walks towards his desk with an extra pep in his step and when he sits down he turns his chair to face me and interlocks his hands over a file he placed down.

"Xanthe, what a surprise." He exclaims, smiling condescendingly at me. I smile back sarcastically and roll my eyes.

"Let's just get this over with, Henry." I say to him, knowing how much he hates being addressed with his first name. Something about wanting to be respected.

As if.

His confident look slowly disappears and is quickly replaced by a scowl.

"Well, Xanthe, seeing as this is your third time in my office this month, you are due a suspension." He tells me.

"Great. Can I go now?" I ask.

Lachlan would sure be pissed with my suspension but I knew if I stayed here a second longer, Mr Erikson would be leaving with a black eye and me, an expulsion from this god forsaken school.

I'd never hear the end of it.

"Actually, Xanthe, I was thinking there could be a way for you to work around this suspension." Mr. Erikson said.

I lifted my gaze from my shoes to look at this mans' face. He can't be serious? In all the time that I have been at this school, in and out of trouble, Mr. Erikson has never before offered a second option.

"Alright. What do I have to do?" I asked begrudgingly.

I knew it couldn't be good but if there was a way to avoid getting another mark on my precious school record, I'd take it. My dear brother would start hemorrhaging if didn't graduate this year.

He looked at me with a smile and then unfolded the file he had brought when he walked in.

"Our school is hosting a Big Brothers and Big Sisters event. We are short on student volunteers for the program so it's been my duty to seek out students and convince them to volunteer. Usually I would look for somebody who is responsible, good with kids, and generally a good student overall, but I have nobody left, so I'm offering this opportunity to you." He said seriously.

I shook my head and scrunched my face in distaste.

"I'll take the suspension, thanks." I said, grabbing my backpack off the floor beside me and making a move to get up.

I hate kids.

Snotty little brats with temper problems and squeaky high pitched voices? No thanks, I'll take my chances with Lachlan and his wrath.

"Take the pamphlet, Xanthe. In case you reconsider." His stupid voice rings in my ears.

I turned around and took the shiny fucking pamphlet from his fat clammy hands and marched out of the office.

On my way out of the school I found a garbage can and crumpled the stupid waste of paper into a ball before tossing it into the bin.

𒊹︎ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ𒊹︎

I knew I was in deep shit when I walked into the house and saw Lachlan sitting on the staircase in front of me.

He must've gotten a call from the school.

"What the hell, Xan!" He exclaims as soon as I close the door behind me. Here we go.

"Expulsion! They're threatening expulsion! Have you lost your shit?" He rambles.

"I can't keep reassuring the school that you will do better, Xanthe. You need to get whatever the fuck you're doing, under control. Like now." He says angrily, running his hands through his hair, something he does when he's stressed.

"Lach, I'm not in the mood." I tell him, brushing past him to go upstairs to my room. I'm so fucking tired.

"I don't give a shit that you're not in the mood. Do you think I'm in the mood to get a call from the principal every week with a full list of the shit you've done to piss him off? You can't get expelled, Xanthe. Why do you have to be such a pain in the ass to everyone?" Lachlan rants as he follows me into my room. My god.

"I'm dealing with shit ok? I may be a pain in the ass but it's not my fault that everybody provokes me. Can you just fuck off?" I say, growing more annoyed the longer this argument goes on.

"I know that it's hard for you, Xanthe, but you just need to realize that not everybody is against you, nor is everything about you. You need to take responsibility for the shit you've done, and stop acting like a goddamn child. You're 18 for fucks sake. Act like it!" Lachlan yells as he throws his arms out, slamming the door behind him as he storms out of my room.

I completely brush off his words and sigh deeply, throwing my bag in the corner and pulling off my hoodie.

Without another thought I dove into my bed, pulling the soft covers over my head as I closed my eyes and tried to forget about my day.

𒊹︎ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ𒊹︎

The warm covers were ripped off of me and revealed a bright room and cool air that brought goosebumps to my skin.

I groaned and dug my face into my pillow, seeking warmth from the only thing left on my bed.

"You're going to be a Big Brother." Lachlan says smugly as he holds my blankets above me.

I snort.

"Our parents are dead you fucking moron. No more little siblings for me." I say, smirking as I roll over and yank my blankets back from him.

"Your principal emailed me and told me about the offer he gave you yesterday. You're doing it." He says seriously. I roll my eyes at him. Like hell I'm doing it.

"No. Now go, and close my door on your way out." I tell him, closing my eyes again, waiting for the sleep to take over me.

Instead I feel a hard slap to my head. My eyes shoot open and I stare annoyedly at my dickhead brother.

"You're doing it, I already signed you up. Don't fight me on this either, Xanthe. You may be my brother but I'm not opposed to shipping you off to some foreign country to work on a farm and scoop horse shit for a penny an hour." He threatens. Fuck my shit honestly.

"I don't give a rats ass Lachlan. Leave me alone." I tell him. Burying my head under the blankets yet again.

"The first meeting is next week on Wednesday after school. Don't be late, I'll get a call." He tells me, finally leaving my room.

"Close my door, asshole!" I yell to him. When a few minutes go by and the door doesn't close I groan
loudly.

Everything fucking sucks.

_____________________________
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! This was obviously a different POV from the last, so feel free to let me know how you like both characters so far!

Nicknames Mentioned:
Xan (Zan)
Lach (Lock)

I wasn't sure if people would be able to pronounce them properly so just in case, those are the pronunciations!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...