BRIDAL CONTEST

By Nana_Mandula

The idea of arranged marriage vanished into thin air when she set her eyes on him. Although he is nothing clo... More

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
THE CONCUBINE
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 2

478 71 7
By Nana_Mandula

Amnah has been to Farhana's house in Abuja but it is nothing compared to this one in Zaria. From the compound that was scenting of freshly mowed lawn to the interlocked walkway dividing the lawn into two at the center with cavestones making barrier between the lawn and interlocks. The car drove for some miles like they were in a farmhouse because they saw on their way a secluded area for domestic animals before reaching the round water fountain which forms a roundabout in front of the mansion.

  Fadila (Farhana's besty)'s father gave 5 of their classmates plane tickets to Kaduna. When they got to the airport The Dikko's chauffeur was waiting for them to hit the road to Zaria.

Engr. Nuhu Dikko have 5 daughters and they have a wing different from their parent's in the mansion. Each have a room with an en suite bathroom but share a walk-in closet which is accessible through their rooms. Then there's an extra room with its bathroom, a kitchen, dinning and sitting room. Even the twins that share a room in their Abuja house have separate rooms here, those inseparable duo, how do they do even do it here.

The bride's sisters were forced out of their wing to stay at their mother's with their friends and cousins. Wedding guest in their guest house while aunties take-up the hotel suits booked for the Bridesmaids by the groomsmen. Farhana's mother wasn't taking it, she said it wasn't a destination wedding and she's not going to allow them misbehave when they were entrusted to her by their parents.

That's one of the reasons why Abba allowed Amnah to come in the first place. Although the Dikko's are filthy rich, they hold in high regards moral standards.

  The friends settled down into two rooms and freshen up, say their prayers before going to the dinning table to feed their hungry stomachs with what was displayed for them.

They were eating and reminiscing on old times when Farhana excused herself to go bring in her other friends.

Slay queens. Was Amnah's first impression of them but she chastised her heart to give them the benefit of doubt.

"Hi", Fadila said waving at them smiling heartily. But they replied with muffled "Hi" nonchalantly. That was a confirmation to her judgement of them being snobbish.

Thank goodness they've separate rooms, Amnah can't imagine dealing with Sheba's kind of people even though is only till the weekend.

They made the chauffeur bring in their luggage and were still expecting someone to trolley their bags in. They were acting all pompous with skimpy clothing the only one of them that was dressed in a traditional wear had on an HKG prints clinging unto her body like a second skin, shredded into a skin revealing gown with golden jewellery that is more than necessary. What is with people and overdressing?

"What the ffffflowers", the British bellowed opening the casserole lids on the dinning table. And her Snobbish crew rushed in.

"A month away and you've forgotten the kind of food I eat. Your baby boo has filled your brain with only him", she added shaking the pitcher and pouring out its purplish content into a tumbler.

'Drama queen huh?'

*mtcheeeew
Aisha the no nonsense one from the bride's classmates hissed loudly obviously pissed.

Biko! We're here for wedding and let's do that in peace, Amnah's subconscious mind whispered.

"You sure are a drama queen ", the fair plumpy one in the snobbish crew said rolling her eyes. Ah! Amnah thought, so it's not only them.

"The groomsmen are taking us out for lunch and some bonding. They should be on their way now".

"And you allowed us to fill our stomachs?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know they will be here this early".

"Let me Go and dress to kill, I better get my self an Arewa eligible bachelor, the ones I have are long overdue", the dark skinned slender one wearing native whispered but they all heard.

Yeah! She did what she said. She came back in a knee-length summer dress, the makeup on her face was so natural one could swear she's not applied anything to her beautiful face but the perfection will remind you otherwise. She sure knows how to blend wella.
Her box braided hair in a high loosed bun, and she lazily slumped on an armchair.

  If you are just coming in, you could swear she's being casual but much effort was put behind that. Now Amnah understands the concept "packaging" better.

Assalamu alaikum, the groomsmen said in unison. 'Dress to kill' gave them the perfect name "eligible bachelors", coming into the parlour are breath taking guys with butter doing justice to their skin some shades darker than each other.

They dress casually some in kaftan others in jeans and Tees. They look exactly trust-fund kids, obviously spending their father's hard earned money to steal the heart of those who kept it carelessly.

   Words that roll out of their tongues are pure American and British accent English and not so fluent hausa, with that they could charm you to dance to their tune and at the end when they meet other play toys they dump the old ones regretting.
Regretting why they fall for the same old lies.

  Sorry guys, girls like Amnah are immune to those cheap tricks not that they have ever approached her, but she knows how to handle them. That is what she has been telling herself, sha.

She turned her attention to 'dress to kill' she was absent mindedly tapping her phone not noticing those she wants to kill. Lols.

"Sannu emmata", said one of them.

This is where Amnah got it wrong. Because it was a perfect kano-dialect-hausa. Ikon rabbi! Amnah was amazed.

'Dress to kill' immediately rose to sitting position adjusting her flare dress and putting on a turban cap to cover her waist length attached hair. If she didn't want them to see her hair, she should have covered it earlier and she wouldn't make hair that long. This is all part of her plan to get their attention.

"Amnah, lafiya?" Farhana said bringing her out of her reverie.

What did you see??

"Your mind was elsewhere, introduction is going on and it is your turn to introduce yourself", a guy said.

"Sorry I was thinking about home, I am Amnah Mustapha", she voiced ducking her head down slightly embarrassed. Ya ilaihi! They should not feel that it's their presence that's making her zone out.

"Excuse me please, I need to place a call", She scurried off to the room to calm her ragging breath. When she came back to the parlour they were chatting callously and "dress to kill" was talking shyly.

Where's that coming from?? After wearing that second skin atamfa from Allah knows where to this house and that mami water hair, you have no atom of  Hayaa  dear.

  On their way out they stopped at Aunty Zainab's wing to greet her. She welcomed them gladly and promised to call their parents and thank them. She didn't miss the opportunity to preach to them that marriage doesn't stop one from schooling and schooling shouldn't stop you from getting married. When a desired person comes don't send him away and when Mr Right seems to be taking his time don't rush things because that's what everyone around you is doing. Keep learning and innovating, God's time is the best.

"May Allah continue to bless you and provide you with spouse from HIS pious servants", and they all chorused Amin. She dismissed them knowing the groomsmen are waiting for them at the compound.

They were joined by three of Farhana's cousins that are also part of her bridal train making them ten. Three cars were brought to convey them with the men sitting in the front making the groomsmen 5 plus the groom who wouldn't keep his eyes off his bride.

Some other bride's cousins wanted to follow them but the bride adamantly refused they were so angry that one of them spooked "Las-las the groomsmen will chase us not these busybodies feeling themselves because they manage to be in the bride tribe. We'll meet at dinner".

Amnah laughed to her fill. So people really come with the intention of hooking up, no wonder everybody was just being too extra but what will the groomsmen do with these secondary school girls she turn to look at the girls that entered another car to somewhere only them know.

Thursday.

Today's event is Sa lalle or what the Indians call mehndi, it is an event which gathers the bride, her friends, her relatives and some of the groom's relatives. The brides henna will be done and then anyone interested.

It's a morning event which is to start 9:00am prompt so it won't affect the evening event. Before then the bride went through her bridal spa rituals and got dressed in a pepper red, yellow and black coloured English wax sewn into blouse, wrapper and headtie.

   The bride danced in to the place allocated for the event in her father's house followed by her friends in a single file dancing to Ranar muke jira by Umar M. Shareef.

They dance for a few minutes before settling on ottomans kept in two rows by the side of the four poster bed in a Bedouin tent. Traditional breakfast ranging from kosai, masa, alale, kunun tsamiya, danwake and kunun gyada was served. Even "dress to kill" crowd joined in maneuvering the delicacy.

After the bride was done eating her food. One of the henna designers who is the expert of the fifteen that are present for the event and specialises in both the maroon and black henna started giving the bride feet transformation.

Snobbish crew said they want to go sightseeing so the groomsmen took them out. Those that want the maroon henna scrape the green mixture off their hands and feets after two hours, washed it and settle down for black henna. When it was time for Zuhr almost everyone had their henna done. That was when snobbish crew did their own. Farhana had in mind to only do the maroon but the way people kept persuading her to do the black made her give in. Why wouldn't she when the artist was begging like she's going to be given extra money because of her but she saw the reason later on.

Immediately after finishing the design the artist took off her gloves and took a picture of the design. She saw Amnah's fair hands and legs like the perfect canvas for her artwork.

Lunch was served and people continued swaying their bodies to the music played by the disc jockey after praying in the Masjid.

  After Isha prayer the bridesmaids and sisters did a parlour party where they had much fun partying, playing games, watching movies and bonded throughout the night. Shifah (dress to kill) kept gisting them about the best man.

"La hot", she exclaimed and Amnah agreed 100% because if Shifah says someone is hot then he has to be.

"Stay off, he is a sheikh", Farhana warned.

"Let him be Bilal Philips or Mufti Menk", Rahma, the plump exclaimed and Amnah was dazed.
So these lads know about clerks.

"Men are for women".

And the guy's description went on and on that Amnah is sure she can pick him out of a political campaign crowd.

Friday morning the bride's aunt came to wake them up from their morning sleep. She came with the makeup artist, stylist, photographer and videographer to do their respective jobs.
  They headed to a hall were Sister Maryam Lemu delivered a lecture on marriage and child training according to Islam.

The night event, mother's day was a lit too. It was a female event so it gave Aunties the opportunity to dance to their Kujerar tsakar gida, sweet mother, wayyo Allah Mamana, duduke and some old school music. They danced to their fill and the bridesmaid didn't complain because yesterday was their own day and they still have tomorrow.

The bride and her mother wore the same lace material in different styles. The mother and mother in-law looked so happy that many people are happy for her seeing as she's in a safe hands.

"Fadila zo ki rakani", remarked Farhana.

"She's taking her bath", Amnah chimed pulling up her pyjama trousers.

"Get a hijab or an Abaya. A kimono. Whatever! Just something to cover up".

She grabbed the hijab she used to pray Isha sallah and they stroll out to the compound then they reach a black tinted car where Farhana ask Amnah to get in.

"Where are we going?"

The occupants of the car were tired of waiting so they whined down the glass."What are you waiting for? The bridegroom inquired.

Farhana opened the door to the passenger's seat leaving Amnah dumbfounded. What did this girl mean she was trying to fathom. When she realized that her brain was not in the mood of cooperating she opened the co-pilot's door in order not to look stupid. Whatever Farhana want to do she will get to know inside the car.

"Salam" She said quietly fidgeting with the sleeve of her hijab.

"When Farhana said you were shy, I never knew it was upto this level", Haidar the bridegroom exclaimed breaking the silence. She just smiled and shrugged it off.

"Better gist with Na'im because you two are stuck in here as our chaperone."

"And where did you hear that you need two chaperones".

"The chaperone will be bored so we decided to get him a companion. Probably, we might matchmake the Sheikh with the Sheikha".

Amnah took a quick glance at the driver's side to see who this crazy couple are matchmaking her with. He looks so familiar that she had to look his way again to confirm her assumption. Lo! And behold. It was the emperor himself.

Bushy eyebrows. Bulgy eyes you can forget yourself while looking at. Full lips. Smoldering good looks. Broad chest. And height you can testify to even though he's sitting. Thick thighs, he's just swoon worthy and capable of commanding attention. The brown brocade he has on complimenting his tan skin.

He looks exactly how Shifah described him. Thank God for the light in the car she would have missed this eye candy. Hell no! She cringed.

The guy was looking intently at her like he was trying to read her emotions so she quickly turn towards the window. He cannot read through her at this moment when her heart seems to be beating only for him.

.

.

.

"You kept us worried. Where did you two go ?", fadila bombarded immediately she opened the door.

"Whoa! Tigress. I was missing my husband so I went to see him".

"He's not yet your husband", fadila retorted.

"And where did you bury your phones", Aisha snapped. Why are they all acting grumpy?

"Why are you guys snapping at us", Amnah grunted keeping Havila pack on the coffee table and sitting on the armrest close to it.

"Aunt Miriam called asking after you, Farhana. She said she has been calling your cell phone but to no avail. We had to cook up lies", chirped  Nandine.

"You could have at least tell us where you guys were going. You know they rebuke you meeting your groom alone right?", Shifah continued.

"Sorry guys. I was the one who silenced our phones", apologised Farhana. So that was why Farhana collected my phone, Amnah thought.

"Why are you calling me?, Farhana looks at  Amnah surprisingly. "Me? How? Is the phone not with you? Pick it up", she breathed out.

Farhana said a series of Okays while confusion is etched to Amnah's forehead. Did you throw my phone somewhere was what was on her lips waiting for her to end the call.

"I forgot it in Na'ims car. He's outside"

"I know you can't go alone Let me accompany you", Shifah said not giving her the chance to argue on who is supposed to collect the phone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ehem ehem *clears throat

Is it too early to get a ship name?

This Shifa is stepping on my toes, why must she follow Amnah?

Possibly we get the answer to this question in the next update.

Ma'assalama,
Nana_Mandula

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 7.1K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...
148K 14.1K 73
"So what are you doing in our house dingy girl?" He asked her coldly. "It's none of your business and please stop calling me dingy girl" She replied...
232K 24.1K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
18.9K 1.1K 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...