Royal Synergy: Battle of Apol...

By XavierJohnFord

[READ THE 1ST PART BEFORE YOU START THIS!] Royal Synergy Part 2: The Battle of Apollo The search for the Quee... More

Prologue
I. Warned
II. Deadline
III. Café
IV. Identified
V. Deceived
VI. Prisoners
VII. Amore Mestiere
VIII. Gatecrashers
IX. Frontier
X. Uninvited
XI. Progenitors
XII. Leverage
XIII. Reroute
XIV. Army
XV. Chart
XVI. Clones
XVII. Capture
XVIII. Righteous
XIX. Sympathy
XX. Lovecraft
XXI. Whip
XXII. Torture
XXIII. Consigliere
XXIV. Line of Order
XXV. House of Pride
XXVI. House of Sloth
XXVII. Last Supper
XXVIII. Execution
XXIX - Coward
XXX. Iuro and Uncle
XXXII. Mariana Trench
XXXIII. Daughter
XXXIV: A Message from
XXXV. Seize
XXXVI. Deep Wounds

XXXI. Found You!

1.3K 101 38
By XavierJohnFord

Quick note - This chapter and the rest of it will be written in 3rd POV moving forward.

Chapter Thirty-One

THAT hurts. Hindi napigilan ni Xyrene ang luha sa mata na tumulo habang sila ay nasa hapag-kainan. It pained her to hear those words from her husband. The pain Xavier felt and the conclusion that this all happened because of her because he let himself be associated with her life.

"Why is she crying?" tanong ni Aviona na nagpabalik sa kanyang ulirat. Xyrene stared at Aviona and Toffee, both are looking at her with wonder.

Napatingin naman siyang sunod kay Vera and Keno. Both knew what happened because they heard it straight from Xavier's mouth a while ago. Vera held Xyrene's hand and gripped it with warmth. She sadly smiled at her.

"I am just staring too long without closing my eyes, little Princess. I am not crying, come on, finish your food so you can play with Toffee."

Both kids just stared at each other and continued eating their food.

After their dinner, Xyrene was staring at the vast ocean ahead of her while the moon was strikingly shining in the sky. It also made her Lunar tattoo glowed. Nakahalukipkip s'ya habang hawak ang isang vape sa isang kamay.

"You're overthinking, aren't you?"

Hindi na nilingon pa ng dalaga ang dumating sa veranda at sinamahan na lamang s'yang umupo sa isa pang upuan.

Pain crossed her chest. The pain of missing her Sweetie was so bad and at the same time, scared of what will happen next after this.

"He doesn't want me alive," said Xyrene and five words were enough for her tears to flow rapidly.

Xyrene felt Vera went to her area and hugged her tight. Hindi na napigilan pa ng kanyang sarili at yinakap ang kaibigan. She cried a river on her chest, crying loudly. She needs to let it out. She wants to be vulnerable even just for tonight. She missed him so badly, she wants to be with him so bad. She wants to hug him because her husband's in constant pain. Pero 'di pa pwede dahil sa mga nangyayari ngayon.

"He only said that because he's in deep pain, Xy. He'll be okay tomorrow." Vera tried to console her but she only shook her head.

Xyrene knows him. His rage might still be somehow different from what he was before but he spoke what he really meant to happen.

He clearly doesn't want her to be alive. He doesn't want to see her anymore.

Bigla n'yang naalala ang mga bagay na nangyari sa kanila ilang taon na rin ang nagdaan after they got married. How he is willing to give up his throne in the Coltrane Mafia to give their future family less hassle and enemy because of their dark businesses. How he always tells her that he couldn't wait to have a baby and start anew. How he's been so sweet and loyal to her.

"Aren't you blaming Asia for all of these?" parehas na natigilan sina Vera and Xyrene when they heard Keno asked that question.

He's leaning on the glass wall of her room, his face is serious and dark.

"She basically ruined your lives. She ruined your happy marriage with Xavier habang hindi ka man lang binigyan ni Asia ng pagkakataon Vera na makapagsimula ng bagong buhay with Evo. Asia didn't give you a chance to say no on this mission. Hindi n'ya kayo hinayaang magdesisyon kung gusto n'yo ba 'to o hindi—"

"Stop," it was Vera who spoke.

"Why would I stop? Tama ako hindi ba? Hindi man tayo naging close ng sobra pero what she's doing with your lives are not right! Ako ang unang umayaw sa plano n'yang 'to! It will only bring you both to your destruction! She is destroying you both!"

Parehas na hindi nakapagpigil ang dalawa at mabilis na nakalapit kay Keno. Sabay nilang hinawakan ang leeg nito and pinned on the glass wall. Nabasag iyon but Keno didn't seem to care na may sugat na ang likod nito. Both of them were glaring at him— hindi natutuwa sa mga sinasabi nito.

"You know nothing, Keno," Vera said.

"Then tell me!!! I've been with Asia for a decade but there's a lot of things that she doesn't want me to know! I was only there to see her stupid acts but she doesn't want to tell me why she's still pushing herself in pain! It was stupid enough to follow her na kahit ayoko na ay hindi ko magawa dahil 'di ko s'ya maiwanan! Hindi ko s'ya magawang iwan kahit nagmumukha na akong tanga! Kaya I am against on her plan dahil nandadamay na s'ya ng mga taong 'di naman dapat kasali!" Keno burst.

Parehas nilang binitawan si Keno. Hindi nga nito alam. Hindi nito alam kung bakit ganito si Asia ngayon.

"It's not like we really want for this to happen," untag n'ya habang naglalakad pabalik sa veranda. The cool wind embraced Xyrene. "Compare to what we are doing, this sacrifice is nothing compare to what she's been doing."

"We know that you knew how this will end, right? You have an idea why she's eager now to finish everything," Vera added.

Hindi na kumibo si Keno but they saw how his pained face and clenched fist materialized on his entire reaction.

Xyrene sighed.

"I don't want to blame Asia for this. Pero magiging impokrita ako kung sasabihin kong hindi kailanman sumagi man lang sa isip ko na magalit sa kanya dahil tama ka... this plan of hers brought so much pain for me and Vera." Untag n'ya.

Hindi na rin nakapagpigil si Vera and she added, "But you see, sa sampung taong nakasama mo s'ya, alam mo ang sakripisyong binigay n'ya para sa buhay na 'to. She sacrificed a lot, she felt a million more pain than ours. This is the last thing that we can do for her." Vera almost chokes but stopped herself from being emotional.

Ilang segundo pa ang nagdaan ang katahimikan bago iyon ni Xyrene, "She doesn't have any time left, so we will endure all the pain because she is like a sister to us— a family. And knowing that she'll soon..." a lump on her throat almost materialized on her eyes but she restrained herself... "Mas kakayanin naming tiisin sina Evo and Xavier just for us to fight altogether for one last time."

The pain on Xyrene's chest doubled because of recalling Asia's... selfish acts. She may be some kind of innocent on the outside because she's blind but her mind works wonders. Her disability didn't stop her from doing her duty as the Manipulator of Apollo. Kahit pa noong mga bata pa lamang sila ay tahimik lang ito at matamang pinag-aaralan ang paligid. They've been trained to be the best fighters in this generation so they also knew what are the sacrifices Asia has to face.

Vera and Xyrene are against her duty with the Apollo but no one can stop her now, well even before. Wala ring nagawa ang Aldeguer na 'yon when they knew that their Queen has fallen in love with him. That man only made it worst. Because of Alastair, Asia's mind in finishing this mission was fully decided even at the expense of her own happiness.

All of Asia's life, she's hiding. Showing the world that she's nothing but a normal blind investor, she didn't experience anything that she deserves matapos sirain ng Apollo ang buhay n'ya. She's been through for what? More than two decades already but we only saw her true happiness when we saw how she cared for that man.

Asia is the strongest woman she'd ever known aside from Vera. She endured a lot, she sacrificed a lot. Naranasan nila ni Vera ang mga dapat nilang maranasan habang lumalaki sa mundong ito pero ang babaeng 'yon ay hindi.

Kaya paano sila mamumuhi sa babaeng 'yon if all her life, all she's doing is to protect them even if they don't need it? She always put others more than herself. At mas lalong nawala ang pag-asa nila ni Vera na maging masaya ito nang malaman ang galit ng mga Aldeguer sa dalaga. Lalo na si Alastair.

Kaya naman, kahit ayaw ni Vera. They chose to side her this time. They chose to sacrifice alongside her. Compare to her pain, their pain of not being with his husband and Vera with her Evo was nothing to the endless pain that Asia needs to deal with every single day.

She hoped that Xavier will understand this soon but she guessed... he won't do this time.

"I can't detect her anymore," iyon ang bungad sa kanila ni Keno kinabukasan.

Vera and Xyrene looked at Keno's gigantic monitors na konektado sa Stolen Satellite. Indeed, Asia's Lenses are no longer working, and even her tracking device.

"This can't be," bakas sa mukha ni Keno ang pagkataranta and this is the only time they saw him this agitated.

"That only means one thing," she uttered then Vera and Keno looked at her. "Stolen Satellite location has been compromised. Remember her first warning?"

Nagkatinginan sina Vera and Keno pagkatapos niyon.

"Stolen Satellite's location is only being masked and it's redirecting those chasers to nothing and unknown places. But once its coordinates have been found, Asia's connection will automatically turn off." Paliwanag n'ya.

Kasabay ng pagtatapos ng sinabi niya ay nag-alarm ang buong area ng Intelligence Unit sa kwarto. Nabalot ng pulang ilaw na papatay sindi dahil sa kung anong dahilan.

"We have been located," ani Keno at mabilis na tumipa sa computer nito. "All units! Activate the viruses and strengthen the firewall!"

"S-sir! It's no longer working, our built-in firewall from each satellite has been erased and it's now showing all coordinates that we've used," wika ng isang tauhan na bakas rin ang pagkataranta.

Pare-parehas silang napatingin sa main monitor sa gitna ng unit room when a GIF appeared. It's a clown in a box that moves like the clown is surprising everyone. Then, words appeared.

FOUND YOU!

Keno hissed from what's happening, he'd built the firewalls and it should be fail-proof. His knuckles want to punch someone but he focused on typing sequences and codes to counter all viruses that his main system received.

"You've got yourself a worthy enemy," he heard Vera said then both women went back to their station.

Alam ng dalawa na once ma-compromise ang Stolen Satellite, it will also compromise their ability to handle the clones since most of its functions were needed to be connected in the satellite.

"We should move fast, activate the system Ravage." Utos ni Keno sa dalawa.

The time was precious, every second and minute.

"Done," sabay na wika nina Vera and Xyrene tapos nagmadaling umalis sa control room.

Both of them need to evacuate the island now. Keno was just delaying the enemies and he's just saving what can be saved.

Lahat ng mga tauhan sa isla ay pawang mga may ginagawa, ang iba'y tinutulungan ang ilang mga tauhan sa paglagay ng ilang mahahalagang kagamitan na gagamitin nila sa pag-alis habang ang ilang Orion Warriors naman ay naghahanda para sa pagdating ng mga Aldeguer.

All of them knew this drill already. Asia made sure that their escape plan should be solid and smoothly be executed because she's anticipating this already.

"Toffee, Aviona. Pack your things now. Let's go," matamang utos ni Vera sa dalawang bata na naglalaro sa may hardin at binabantayan ng mga naka-designate na tauhan.

"Where are we going?" tanong ni Aviona.

"Don't ask anymore, just move," ani Vera na may pagkastriktong tono.

Nagtataka namang napatingin si Aviona kay Toffee nang hilain s'ya nito. Kahit nagtataka'y nagpatinuod ang bata sa kalaro.

Xyrene immediately took her prepared mountain bag that has a lot of things she needed. Agad n'yang pinuntahan ang kwarto ng dalawang bata at naabutan roong sinusuotan ng bag si Toffee habang nakabusangot namang tinutulak ni Aviona ang yaya nito dahil ayaw ipasukbit ang bag.

"No! Tell me first where we will go? Am I going to see my Mama now? Or you'll hide me from her again?!" Aviona threw her tantrums.

Nilapitan kaagad ni Xyrene ang bata tapos ay nginitian.

"We will see your Mama soon but for now, let's move because there are people who are now coming here to get you and you'll lose your chance to see your Mama." Xyrene explained.

Aviona's face turned into worry because of the repercussion if she won't follow now and she doesn't want anyone to interfere with her eagerness to finally meet her mother. Aunt Xyrene and Aunt Vera told her that they knew her mother and right now she's just busy finishing something but her mother was also excited to see her too. She immediately let herself loose at sinukbit ang maliit na bag na may laman ng mga kakailanganin lang ng bata.

Xyrene felt guilty for doing this to this cute little and lovely girl. The reason why she's not being makulit nang kunin n'ya ito ay dahil gusto nitong makita ang tunay nitong nanay na s'yang matagal nang gustong makita ng bata. She used that leverage and she couldn't help but be sad for her because of the situation she at now.

Vera, Xyrene, Aviona, and Toffee were almost there in the submarine when Toffee pulled Vera's shirt. Napatingin naman si Vera rito para suruin kung ano'ng mayro'n. Toffee made his hands create some symbols and he's asking about his brother— Keno.

Doon nga napansin ni Vera na hindi pa nakakasunod sa kanila ang lalaking 'yon. She immediately pressed something on her ear to connect herself to Keno.

"Where are you?" tanong ni Vera.

"Will be there in a few!" sigaw nito at rinig sa background nito na nagsimula na ang barilan.

Damn it! Vera cussed on her mind. They are fast!

"Make it fast! The submarine will leave after three minutes!" sigaw n'ya rito tapos ay tiningnan si Toffee para sabihan itong malapit na ang kuya nito. Mabuti na lamang ay nagawa n'yang pasakayin ang bata kahit pahinto hinto ito.

"Xy, ikaw na munang bahala sa dalawa, I'll cover Keno." Wika ni Vera nang isarado n'ya ang entrada ng submarine.

A beep sound received, "Make it fast! I'll try to check if I can delay for another minute the submarine."

"Gimme, just another thirty seconds," untag ni Vera habang kinakasa ang isang Enhanced Sniper Rifle na hawak.

Puwesto s'ya sa isang area ng dalampasigan and hid on one of the gigantic stones. She can track Keno's movement and he's almost here.

Agad s'yang nagpaputok sa mga humabahol sa binata. One-shot, one head.

Keno felt the assistance that's why he reduced his counterattack and focused on running towards the shore. Nang magkatagpo na sila ay parehas na silang nagsalitan ng pagpapaputok ng bala.

"Go in first!" sigaw ni Keno.

Vera immediately went down to the small hole of the submarine. Keno, on the other hand, kept on exchanging bullets. He hissed when he ran out of ammo. Mas binilisan n'ya ang pagtakbo and when the bullets almost touch him, he dived into the hole. Surprisingly, Xyrene and Vera prepared a soft mattress that earned a giggle from him.

Agad s'yang nilapitan ng kapatid na si Toffee at bakas sa mukha nito ang pag-iyak. And he finally knew why.

He has a gunshot on his left arm and felt the pain afterward.

"REMOTE Island?" iyon ang naiwika ni Annabelle nang ipakita sa kanila sa board room ang current location ng batang si Aviona. "That's why can't be traced easily."

"It's one of the remote islands that the Queen of Death has acquired in which we managed to pull out from her records." Wika nang pinadalang representative ng Intelligence Taskforce. 

Nicholas looked at his brother who's now more determined to rescue Aviona at all cost.

"So, what we are waiting for? Let's go and rescue the kid," anas ni Agatha na kasalukuyang ginagamit ni Drusilla. "We have to make this fast since your inauguration is just around the corner."

"Bida bida," bulong ni Anabelle.

Drusilla heard that and looked at Anabelle with a smirk. Anabelle felt intimidated and lowered her head and just pretended that she doesn't care and carefully checking her newly polished nails.

"Get our warplanes, we'll attack them—"

"I don't think that's a good idea," mabilis na segunda ni Nicholas upang pigilan si Alastair sa binabalak.

"There's no other option, Ali. I won't waste anytime now that we've located her!"

Nicholas sighed. This is the reason why he needs to be with Alas. He moves irrationally, especially if the life of his loved one is at stake.

"Our aircraft won't make it there because of the island's location. It's in the heart of the Pacific. Second, the weather forecast based on the data that our Intelligence team has given showed there are around three typhoons surrounding it. Papunta palang tayo ay ang kalaban agad na haharapin natin ay ang panahon." Nicholas explained.

Alastair realized that his brother was right. Kahit gaano kadaming aircraft ang ipadala n'ya kung sa mga nakapaligid na bagyo palang ay mababawasan na sila.

"Then, a submarine? Any forecast that there might be a tectonic movement anywhere within the island?" it was Oliver who suggested and confirmed.

The Representative replied, "The device that we are still working on to predict earthquakes is still in Phase two of the trials and it still gives us inaccurate findings so we can't still know if there's any active movement on the earth's crust in the Pacific."

"Sasama ako," biglang wika ni Drusilla habang ang paa nito'y nakapatong pa sa lamesa. "I can sense danger, so that problem will be solved."

Hindi kaagad nakasagot si Nicholas sa suhestyon ni Drusilla. He doesn't trust this being because he knew for sure that she's just working with them because they have the advantage over the Orion army of Asia. Dumagdag pa ang naging bangayan nito ni Asia tungkol sa paggamit ng Apollo.

"I vote for an attack now," it was Aarav who suggested.

"And Alastair won't be able to attend his inauguration the next day?" Annabelle rebutted.

"Let's go," mariing utos ng kanyang kapatid na nagpailing iling at napahawak sa sentido. "There's no time to waste for Aviona."

"Then, let's go," Drusilla said with a giggle in her voice.

Alastair looked at her subtly before he nodded his head towards Aarav. Aarav immediately understood it and got something in his pocket. Tumayo ito at lumapit kay Drusilla na nakakunot ang noo. Aarav put something on her knuckles. It's a bracelet-modified only special for her.

"What's this? Wala ba kayong tiwala sa kakayanan ko? I said I can sense danger—"

"I might be rushing things but I'm not stupid to be not aware of what you can do. So, it's either you'll accept and wear that or you'll stay here." Alastair said while his jaws are gnawing.

Drusilla looked impressively to Alastair and grinned afterward. She took the bracelet and placed it on her arm. The bracelet immediately adjusted to her arm's fit and it locked. She winced in pain because the bracelet has pierced her.

"Really?" she reacted unbelievably.

"It has the same effect sa kwartong pinanggalingan niyo ni Asia." Aarav explained.

"Oh yeah? As if I needed you to explain that when I can totally feel that I can't use my power?!" Drusilla whined. "And how am I supposed to feel the danger beneath the ocean if I'm wearing this?!"

"Oh yeah? Then, don't be stupid enough not to figure out who can turn that off, you little trashy Queen." Aarav rebutted.

Alastair is almost half running towards his room to prepare and his brother Alistair— Nicholas is also following him. When they are both in his room, Nicholas held his arm to make him face this brother. "Don't be impulsive on this, this might be a trap."

"And don't tell me what to do about Aviona... brother. I let you handle some decisions as you are my Consigliere but I won't let you decide about Aviona! Only I can do that, understand?!" Alastair burst.

"I am only asking you to plan this—"

"I already have, so don't stop me. You don't know how much I want to save her now!"

"And I do! Alas, come on! We are on this together. I only want her safe but the location of where she at would—"

"I don't care!"

Nicholas sighed. Alam niyang hindi na niya mapipigilan ang kapatid. He left him no choice.

"Fine, do whatever you want to save her. But... talk to her."

Alastair knew what his brother meant and his anger went above the ceiling upon hearing that. "And what? To confirm why she abandoned her?! Why did she put Aviona in danger?! And now she wants her back by kidnapping her?!"

Natigilan si Nicholas sa naging pagsigaw ng kapatid. He was surprised by his outburst and he knew that he lost it. This was the only time he showed his real anger to him. Galit man ito all these years but Alastair never showed it to their men and only showed patience. Kahit noong malaman nila ang totoo kay Aviona ay hindi ito nagwala sa kanyang harapan. Hindi ito sumigaw. His emotions were in haywire because of what Asia did to Aviona. And that woman is clever enough to use the kid to disturb Alastair's decision-making. He already anticipated this but he didn't know the extent.

"That woman doesn't deserve... Aviona. She doesn't deserve my daughter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 46K 63
Astreille knew her capability as a hacker and how her strength in that field can ruin someone else's life. For years, aside from writing stories, she...
191K 7.8K 12
Vander #2 Cooler Vander 01042020 Genre: action, romance Cover image not mine. Credits to the rightful owner.
540K 10.2K 38
The Boss' Bride by: Eonnieverse My name is Faye Vieros and this is my not so ordinary and full of action story. Highest Rank: #16
23.4M 779K 60
Erityian Tribes Series, Book #3 || Cover the world with frost and action.