Notice Me, Kouhai (Kuroko no...

By yetyoibabe

"Notice me, Senpai" Usually, it is the kouhai who seeks attention from the upperclassman. However, it's not r... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: It's A War
Chapter 02: Always Here For You
Chapter 03: It's My Fault
Chapter 05: There's No Escape
Chapter 06: As Many Times As Needed
Chapter 07: Taste Of Jealousy
Chapter 08: I Deserve This
Chapter 09: A "Fun" Double Date

Chapter 04: A Turmoil Of Confusing Emotions

2.2K 142 154
By yetyoibabe

Yawning, I stretched my arms out and pulled myself up. Being absent from school for two days sure gave me enough rest to recover from that dreadful fever. Now I'd just have to make sure I wouldn't get sick again because swallowing pills was such a pain in the ass---not to mention the porridge my Mom made me eat which I couldn't exactly tell the flavor. The taste was simply nasty.

I nearly flinched when I suddenly heard knocks on my door. "Who is it?"

"It's me, Aya-chan. Your Mom let me in."

"Ryo?" I composed myself then glanced at the time: 5:29PM. I swiftly fixed my fuzzy hair, making sure I looked at least presentable. "Just come in, Ryo."

The door opened then he came in, carrying a small basket of fruits. He was still in his uniform and I knew he skipped practice for me again. He stalked towards me then stood just beside the bed. "Did I disturb you, Aya-chan?"

I gave him a soft smile. "No, of course not. I just woke up." I gestured for him to come closer so he brought himself down to my bed, sitting at the edge. "You look worried. I'm okay now."

Ryo set the basket down to the bedside table then held my hand, giving me a loving stare. "You can't take that away from me. I love you and that's why I'm worried, you look like a dummy."

I stiffened up. "Really? I look ugly?"

"W-What-- No-- Sumimasen! Sumimasen!" He frantically bowed his head over and over again. "I didn't mean it that way. Sumimasen! Sumimasen!"

I laughed then ruffled his silky, brown hair. "I know. I'm just kidding."

"I d-didn't mean it that way, Aya-chan." He caressed my cheek softly, sending me stiff because of his touch. "You're the most beautiful girl in my eyes."

I placed my hand on top of his then smiled, cheeks heating up because of what he said. "Thanks, Ryo."

To my utter surprise, he suddenly leaned closer---pulling me a little closer as well. I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable to happen. But just as his lips touched mine, the memory of Imayoshi-senpai's kiss came rushing back to me. And before I could prevent it, a sharp gasp escaped my throat, causing my eyes to open just in time to see Ryo pull away with a deep frown.

"R-Ryo..."

He tilted his head down, hiding the deep blush on his cheeks. "S-Sorry, Aya-chan. I must've surprised you."

Feeling extremely guilty, I shook my head. Then I reached for him again and crashed my lips to his, earning a soft moan from him. His left hand immediately came to grab a fistful of my hair at the back of my head, pulling my face even more closer to his. Ryo had always been gentle, but at the moment, he was fierce and wild as he let himself dominate and made me entirely powerless under his warm touch.

Minutes had passed, though I could not tell, he pulled away then gave me a smile. His full lips were bruised to perfection and I was sure as hell so as mine. He wrapped his arms around me, placing a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"I love you," he cooed gently.

I returned his hug, snuggling into his warmth. "I love you, too."

We stayed like that for another few minutes more before he opened his school bag, taking out some notebooks from there, then gave them to me after. "I borrowed Momoi-san's notes for you since you need to catch up with the lessons you missed."

I took the notebooks from his hand, secretly feeling a little vexed because Momoi's notes had always been too much for me to understand. She'd tend to insert more information or examples to every lesson---stuffs that the senseis hadn't even discussed yet. And since I didn't have the same brain as hers, I would always have a hard time keeping up. I was only lucky I had my own genius who would never hesitate to help me with anything.

Imayoshi-senpai...

But for the past two days, he didn't come to visit me again. I figured he didn't because my boyfriend had been keeping me company. Ryo was the one who took care of me, he didn't even showed up at their basketball practice for two days just to give me every available time he had.

"Aya-chan?"

His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I blinked my eyes then composed myself. "Sorry. What is it?"

"You seem so lost in your thoughts," he said softly.

"I was just thinking about Imayo--" I cut myself off with a gasp, shocked. What did I just say?

What the fuck did I just say?

"Imayoshi-san?" Ryo asked, finishing up my sentence for me. I stared at his clueless face, he seemed unsuspicious though. He didn't even notice my discomfort---which was good. "He's okay. And there's a rumor that he's dating Arima-san."

My eyes widened at what I heard. I unconsciously grabbed his forearm, eyes waiting for confirmation. "Arima Sakura-senpai?"

Ryo nodded his head, ignoring my firm grip on his arm. "I saw them once, too. They arrived at school together."

Still dazed and shocked, I lowered my head to stare at the mattress beneath me. I was gone for only two days and a lot had already happened. Imayoshi-senpai and Sakura-senpai? What's the meaning of that?

Just what the hell...

***

Dinner came and my Mom asked Ryo to stay and eat with us. He was kind of nervous and reluctant at first but since he couldn't possibly say no to my mother, he said yes. And as much as I didn't want to eat because of my zero appetite, I had no choice but to join them. Of course, I just couldn't leave my boyfriend alone with my parents.

As we sat in front of the table, my mind was still so full of thoughts about Imayoshi-senpai and Sakura-senpai. How did the two of them end up? So fast.

"I've always been in love with you, Aya."

And what about that? Had Imayoshi-senpai given up on me already? That fast?

But then, wasn't that for the best?

Yeah. Perhaps it was.

"Ayame, is there a problem?"

I blinked my eyes then turned to my father who was scowling at me. "No. I'm fine, Dad."

"Then stop stabbing your food with your fork," he sternly told me with a questioning look.

My eyes widened when I finally realized what I had been doing---unconsciously. I dropped the fork I was holding then showed my parents and Ryo an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something unpleasant."

"Aya-chan, keep your negative thoughts to the back of your head when you're in front of the table especially during supper. Do you understand?" my Mom said softly, giving me a gentle yet worried gaze.

I nodded my head, giving them a sheepish smile. "Yes, Mom. I'm sorry."

I secretly groaned. What was I doing? Why was I thinking about Imayoshi-senpai? For goodness' sake, Ryo was just beside me. I had to focus on my boyfriend, on my parents, and on the blessing in front of me. I should eat to become healthier, I should stop thinking about unnecessary things...

I MUST stop thinking about Imayoshi Shouichi.

"Aya-chan?" Ryo whispered, glancing at me with worried eyes. "Are you okay?"

I reached for his hand and squeezed it. "I'm just feeling a little dizzy, but I'm fine."

He gave me a relieved smile, locking his fingers to mine. "You shouldn't strain yourself and rest more, okay?"

I slightly nodded my head with a smile. "Okay."

My father deliberately cleared his throat, getting our attention. "Both of you, continue eating and stop acting like a married couple."

Ryo flinched, letting go of my hand then hiding his blushing face by bowing his head a couple of times. "Sumimasen! Sumimasen! Sumimasen!"

I puffed my cheeks. "Now look at what you did, Dad."

"You don't have to apologize, Ryo-kun," my Mom interrupted, chuckling at how cute my boyfriend was.

Dad only smiled then returned his attention to the food on his plate. While I tried stopping Sakurai Ryo's adorable I'm Sorry Attack.

The entire dinner time passed by rather merrily. My parents were fond of Ryo, seeing that he was the kind of guy who would never hurt me. Though he was still nervous in front of them, Ryo did fine. He was polite and sincere when it came to answering my Dad's questions. Then after another hour, he had to go home. He politely bid goodbye to my parents before I walked him out of our house.

"Bye, Ryo. See you tomorrow."

He smiled, caressing my cheek one last time. "See you tomorrow, Aya-chan."

I stared at his retreating figure as he made a turn and disappeared before my sight. A smile curved up my lips. I was very lucky for having him. He was a perfect boyfriend.

"I've always been in love with you, Aya.."

I cupped my head hopelessly upon remembering that again, shutting my eyes tightly closed. "Shit."

"Aya?"

I loudly gasped then opened my eyes, turning around to see the man who had been causing a turmoil in my brain. He was still in his uniform and by the looks of it, he had just arrived from school. I opened my mouth but I didn't know what to say. My heart was unexpectedly throbbing hard, it was even hard for me to swallow my spit.

"What are you doing here? It's cold and you're not even wearing a coat," Imayoshi-senpai said worriedly, walking closer.

I composed myself and showed him a small smile. "I'm fine. I only sent Ryo off."

The air that surrounded us suddenly became heavy as we stood there face to face. Mentioning Ryo had certainly made things between us even more awkward at the moment.

"How are you feeling now? Are you okay?" he asked after a few short while.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better now. I'm sorry for worrying you."

He didn't say anything for a minute and just stared at me, scrutinizing my face. Then he reached his hand out to palm my cheek. "I'm glad you're okay now."

I wanted to ask him why he didn't come and visit me again for the past two days, but then that's just unreasonable. Why would I even ask that? And besides, he must had been busy with Sakura-senpai that was why he didn't have enough time for me anymore.

I took a step back, away from his hand. His brows furrowed but I continued inching away. "I have to go inside."

"Aya, wait." He caught my wrist before I could move another muscle. "I have to tell you something."

I haulted on my movements then turned to him again, wearing a clueless facade. But the truth was, I already had an idea what it was he was going to tell me.

"What is it?"

He loosened his grip on my arm before he spoke, "Mother wants me to start dating. She told me to consider her college friend's daughter, Arima Sakura."

Despite the uneasiness I was feeling, I gave him a sly smile. "Isn't that great? You're already eighteen, perhaps it's time for you to get a girlfriend. And Sakura-senpai is your classmate, right? She'd be perfect."

I winced when he tightened his grip on my wrist again. "You know that's impossible. What Mom wants is impossible! You're the only one I want, Aya."

"And you know that's wrong because I belong to someone else," I shot back.

The expression on his face went serious. "Then do you want me to get a girlfriend and just give up on you?"

Listening to what my brain was telling me, I nodded my head. "Yes."

There was complete silence that surrounded us for a minute before he let me go, inching away. "Okay, if that's what you want."

My breathing hitched when I saw him turn his back, preparing to leave. But then he didn't. Imayoshi-senpai didn't leave.

And I wondered why...

He turned to glance at me with wide eyes, then to my hand which was tightly gripping the hem of his uniform coat. "Aya..."

I gasped when realization dawned on me. Holy shit. I retracted my hand then kept it behind my back. "I-I'm sorry."

"Wait--"

"No," I cut him off. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. Good night."

I hurriedly ran inside the house, ignoring his calls. I closed the door then leaned against it. What have I done? I stared at my stupid hand, groaning in confusion.

Did I just stop him from leaving?

----------

Omfg. She's starting to notice Senpai! She's falling down to the rabbit hole. lol

And please do check out my completed Hanamiya Makoto fanfiction, "Don't Babe Me, You Idiot". Thanks guys :)

Vote.Comment.Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 972 14
" I love you, little, a lot, passionately, madly " In five days, love is going to bloom under the eyes of the players of Aobajosai. In five days a st...
314K 8.7K 32
imma be straight forward, oikawa has a little brother that has always hung out with Tooru and Iwa-chan. because of their influence on [m/n], he becam...
149K 4.9K 30
bokuto~ the famous volleyball player, he's not any other celebrity, he's a softie, a sweetheart and is obsessed with owls for some strange reason. he...
78.6K 4K 28
i want to talk to you until there's nothing left to say. and then i want to show you the way i love you like everything but a friend. ๏ผœ๊’ฑ โ€งโ‚Šหš โ‹… stol...