Fourth of October (Juntarsieg...

By anchoraigee

In the world of goodness, there will always be a bad side. Jaeden Luis Juntarsiego is not what you think of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Jaeden Luis
Author's Gratitude

Chapter 17

58 6 0
By anchoraigee

I said about a lot of thank yous to Ives after helping me for finding some money. As a gift for him, I gave him a painting of mine for free. Iyong view ng city ang ibinigay ko sa kanya. Quite simple but it looks elegant for me, especially because I was so determined to do that. It is my way also of appreciating what he did for me.

Katatapos lang ng klase namin at ngayon ako babalik ng probinsya. Last weekend, Ives still got a chance to meet me at the plaza.

Ang akala ko ay mag o-offer na naman ito ng tulong sa akin sa ganoong paraan ulit, pero nagpapasalamat ako na hindi. I was there to paint again for people.

Wearing my usual clothes with my eyes that are now in deep awe because of the paintings that are in front of me, I am waiting for Jaeden's parents. Nasa loob kami ng painting shop. They are meeting with the owner and I am also taking my chance here to dream for my future.

Bawat detalye ng nakikita ko ay hindi nakakaligtaan. These paintings are too far from mine. My goal now is to at least have my own shop also in the future and will keep inspiring aspiring painters.

I wonder how it feels if someone's admiring you because of your skill? Does hearing from them how beautiful your works are sounds satisfying? Lalo na kapag successful.

The paintings are inside a clear glass window that opens only if someone's interested to buy. My hand moved as if touching it while my heart's full of possibility that I can be who I want in the next coming years. A sweet smile appeared to me as seeing myself on the reflection.

Balang araw din matutupad ko ang lahat. Giving my parents the success that I am expecting will happen. I swear that to myself.

"I would be glad for you to meet her. She is my scholar, Sean." My hand suddenly went far from the glass when I heard Sir Gael's voice who's now approaching where I am standing. Jaeden's mother is smiling at me as they walk.

Naging magalang ako nang sandaling nakalapit na ang kausap ni sir, iyong may-ari ng magandang shop na ito. I know why they brought me here. They want me to meet him, to introduce myself to him because he's fond of someone like me, the painter who is also aiming for a success.

I introduced myself to him and shook hands. Magkasing edad lang sila ni sir Gael. They are also both good looking. Ramdam ko ang katuwaan niya nang sandaling makita ako.

"I am so sorry hija if Gael brought you here for an instant. He knows who I want to entertain!" he said and I only kept quiet, not being able to know what should I do after shaking his hands.

Respetadong tao ang kaharap ko. I keep on reminding myself that I am here only to know him, to have an idea of him. It's like being face to face with the most successful painter.

Tinapik ni sir Gael ang balikat niya. Ma'am Olivia's being fascinated also by the paintings. I cannot see Jaeden's resemblance from them about liking anything that includes paintings. Only their physical traits.

"And now I am telling you, my son's fond of her also. Hindi na ako magugulat pa. She got a pure heart and pure talent! What a combo, right?"

Natulala na lang ako roon sa isiniwalat niya. Jaeden really talked about me to his parents? Kung ano talaga iyong ginagawa niya sa akin? His father told this man in front of me without thinking what I might react after. Nagulat ako roon.

Ma'am Olivia elbowed him after seeing my reaction. Gulat na gulat lang naman ako. Like huge waves of the sea slammed at me. Do they really like me aside from my talent?

Sir Sean looked at me with much likeness, like he's in total favor of me.

"Ang inaanak kong iyon? I won't question his likes for that since I can see the proof now." Nagtawanan silang dalawa habang pasimpleng sinabihan ako ng pasensya ni ma'am Olivia. Like high school sweethearts, she gave a sharp glare to her husband which he ignored only.

"Anyway, Gael already told me your name, hija. For sure, I know you have dreams to achieve. I am hoping to meet you again... but for the twist, I want to see you being successful on this path."

Kanina pa ako natahimik dahil sa hindi ko alam kung kailan ba ako sisingit sa kanila. I like his choice of words and I won't ever dump that. Sa ganoong punto lang ako nakapagsalita ng tuluyan simula kanina.

"Ah, okay po, sir. I will try my best." He shook his head, not giving his full trust to what I've said.

"Do your best. If you only try, there is still a chance that you will back out, remove yourself from this field. I am hoping for you, Diana Eliazar. You might bring back the life of the success of painting in here."

"Yes, sir. Thank you for trusting me." I smiled at him and he tapped my shoulder. Kanina pa natutuwa si sir Gael kung kaya't saglit lang silang nag-usap ulit bago kami tuluyang makaalis.

I was silent at the back seat while looking outside of the car window while he and his wife are now fighting about the scene earlier. Not a total fight but more like pointing out what should be said earlier.

"Hindi mo na dapat pa sinabi iyon sa kanya. That's your son's private thing, Gael. Diana's not feeling good about what you told Sean." Nagpanting lang ang tainga ko nang marinig ang pangalan. I straightened my back and bit my lip, trying myself to tell her that I am not offended with what happened.

Kaagad lang na sinundan iyon ni sir ng pagtanggol din sa sarili niya, hindi payag na maging mali iyong kanyang ginawa.

"I was just telling him, Via. No need to point it out. Isa pa, gusto ni Sean si Diana para kay Jaeden," he replied as if I am not on their back, freely listening to everything they are saying.

Dinig ko ang pagbuga ng hangin ni ma'am Olivia, nagtitimpi lang kay sir. The words inside me that's built already finally sunken down, not voicing it out because I think it's not right to interfere with what they are doing.

"Sana na-consider ko naman ang mararamdaman ni Diana. She's new to that place, Gael!"

"I know, okay? Stop being mad. I have no intentions to give embarrassment there."

I moved. Siniksik ko ang sarili sa gilid upang hindi na nila tuluyang mapansin at magpanggap na walang naririnig. Hindi naman mukhang away. It's just pointing out the mistake earlier which is about me like I was the one who did something horrible.

Jaeden who informed them about this is not here. Sa kanilang bahay ito at naghihintay sa amin na makauwi. We will both go back to the province after.

Ilang sandali pa ay biglaan akong kinausap ni ma'am Olivia. Hinarap niya ako saka tinignan ng marahan. It was that time I felt real. They felt my presence which I regretted because earlier, I was invisible for them.

"Oh, Diana, I am so sorry for hearing our little fight here. Please know that we like you for Jaeden, okay? That should not be a big deal for you, okay? I just don't like what my husband did," she said softly but her tone became heard at the last sentence, still not forgetting her husband.

Like what I would always see to the people who are inside this kind of relationship, sir Gael didn't say anything and agreed instead to her wife. His eyes went to the mirror which landed to me.

"I also have the same decision, Diana. It's just that my son likes you and we truly support him for that." And like his lips, his eyes also smiled. I sighed softly, still cannot believe of knowing that Jaeden likes me. Bunch of white daisies are the proof.

"O-okay lang po. Hindi naman po mali sa akin ang pagkagusto ng isang tao," tugon ko saka hindi na dinagdagan pa ang mga sasabihin.

Hearing their approval of what their son feels about me calmed the insides of mine. How rare is this moment? They're like the greatest people I've ever meet in my entire life. They did something great to me countless times now. Wala ako sa kinauupuan ngayon kung hindi dahil sa tulong na kanilang binigay sa akin. They are the kind of people that needs recognition. I won't be too tired to say my endless thank you to them.

My mouth was shut until we reached their house that is full of lights now. Naabutan naming nasa labas lahat ng kanilang anak. Jaeden looks upset while the rest of his brothers are also copying him. Their sister greeted their parents and even hugged me like I am part of their family.

Nginitian ko lang siya.

Tumayo si Jaeden saka ipinakita ang hawak na phone sa kanilang ina. His other brothers offered me a seat which I gladly took and sat. Jaeden offered me fastly the food he's eating. It's a cupcake.

"Do you think that's right to see? Someone's hitting Dominique, Ma. You should not let her use that phone again," his voice roared and his brothers muttered an annoyed 'tsk'. Kumagat ako sa cupcake.

"Nagtatanong lang naman, kuya. I answered him, honestly," sagot ni Dominique saka tamad na naupo. His older brothers' eyes went to her, creating a confusing look.

This looks like... a mini war on their own version. Nakatitig lang ako sa magulang nilang nagpapalitan ng tingin.

"Tanong kung walang boyfriend tapos sinagot mong oo," Andres said bitterly while drinking the softdrinks on his glass.

"Eh wala naman akong boyfriend, kuya, ah? You were the one who told me not to lie!" Napalunok ako nang mariing sinabi iyon ng kanilang kapatid na babae.

The other three are now in surprised reaction. Hindi makapaniwala ang mga ito.

"Watch your voice, Dominique!" halos sabay-sabay nilang sabi. Jaeden's voice was the loudest one. I got their point now. They don't want their sister to engage to that kind of thing.

"Kausapin niyo 'yan, Pa. Don't let her get a boyfriend at her age," Jaeden said and turned at me. "Come on, Diana. We'll go."

He held my hand to stand up. Pumunta ito sa gawi ni Dominique na ngayon ay nakabusangot na sa kanya dahil sa sinabi nito.

"I don't like to see you crying for that kind of reason. Kuya's being concern only to you, okay? We'll go now." Hinalikan nito ang noo ng kapatid saka bumalik sa aking pwesto. Nagpaalam lang ako sa mga kapatid at magulang niya bago kami umalis.

He's not acting mad as we started the trip. He's always soft for his sister, always seeing what the reality of the world can give to the people around him.

I admire his sincerity for everything. Wala akong kapatid kaya lumaki akong sa magulang lagi nagsasabi ng lahat. He is really the good image of a good brother. Siya ang panganay at mas nakakaintindi ng kung anong mabuti sa hindi.

"Sorry about that. Naabutan mo pa kami sa ganoon," pangunang salita niya. Hindi katulad nang una akong sumakay sa sasakyan niya, iyong mata ko ay nakapirmi na sa kanya ngayon. Sanay na yata ako sa kanya.

"Okay lang. May nanliligaw ba sa kapatid mo?"

"Some kind of teen that craves for a relationship. She doesn't deserve that," he replied while gritting his teeth, not being able to recover himself from the scene.

Staring at him now gives me the vibe of what I painted. His face is too close to what I did and looks like I am seeing my own masterpiece now from him.

The reality of painting someone is you already know that the person is already existing before you started painting your own version. Reality is always the best while yours is just a duplicate. Nothing beats the consistency of being real like how perfect Jaeden now for me.

Napabuntong hininga ako habang ginagawa iyon. He keeps on biting and licking his lip.

Paano niya ba ako nagustuhan? How did he come up with that idea since I know for myself that the standard he's finding is not on me?

I am the girl who's living in the province when he met. My assumption to rich people as always is like they won't like anyone who's very far from the life they have. I am too far from him.

Still staring at him, the truth hit me. He's Jaeden. He's different from other and I can always see the goodness on his intentions.

Isa pa, ano ang sasabihin ng magulang ko kapag nalaman nila ito? Would they be mad at me? At Jaeden who took the risk for someone who has no experience at all? Paano kung hindi na ako pababalikin ni Papa sa Manila kapag malaman niya iyon?

"Alam ba nila Papa na..." I can't say the word to him. Saglit itong bumigay ng tingin sa akin, nalaman na ang gusto kong ipahiwatig. I cleared my throat after that.

"That I like you? That I am giving you flowers like what normal suitors do?" tumango ako, nahihiya. Kinakagat ko ang labi sa pagkakailang sa kanya. He's intimidating sometimes that I am scared to collide with his serious eyes.

"No worries. Matagal na nilang alam. I am safe even before," he replied which made me straighten up.

He's advanced. He didn't tell me about this. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 2.5K 20
I have found an ideal life. I have a loving husband, no work and no danger. This is exactly what I wanted when I ran away and changed my identity. Bu...
987K 30.5K 61
Dans un monde où le chaos et la violence étaient maitre, ne laissant place à ne serrait ce qu'un soupçon d'humanité. Plume était l'exception. Elle...
790K 79.8K 55
3 lives got entangled due to the twisted Destiny...... Vidyut Rajvanshi married his college sweetheart Sanjana and was leading a happy life ......bot...
535K 33.9K 69
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...