The Herd and the little girl...

By AliceGalaxy3

During in the very cold land known as the "Ice Age", a dangerous event that cause to freeze to death. Many an... More

Eleanor's Bio
How it all begin (Eleanor's Origin)
Journey to the Glacier Pass
Enter the short cut / Manny's past revealed
The Lava / Bonding with the herd
Betrayal or Trust / The fight
Goodbye, Baby Roshan / Welcome to the Herd, Eleanora
Sequel! / New books that you like to read

Meeting the unlikely herd

2.6K 39 5
By AliceGalaxy3

Eleanor was walking around, she decided to find some place safe from the Ice Age, she found another apple tree. She highers up by using her levitation, she grabbed 4 apples and put it on the bag then she saw a mammoth and a sloth with a infant boy.

Eleanor: A human? A Mammoth? A Sloth?

Sid: Manny, look! A kid!

Eleanor: (Gasped)

Eleanor was now run away and she goes to hide somewhere.

Sid: Hey! Wait!

Eleanor: Go away! Please, don't hurt me!

Sid: Easy, little kid! We're not here to hurt you! We are friendly and nice.

Eleanor goes to the tree to hide herself. The two are headed to her.

Sid: It's okay, little kid. We are nice, you can come out now.

Eleanor: How should I trust you?

Sid: Don't worry, we're not here to harm you.

Eleanor: Then, why did you have a baby?

Sid: Actually, we found him after his mother was gone but do not worry, we are here to bring your family back.

Eleanor started to remind her something, she was all upset and depressed. She goes out at the tree with a sad expression while covering herself with her cloak.

Sid: What's wrong? Why are you all sad?

Eleanor was all silent.

Sid: Tell us what's your name?

Eleanor: Eleanora, Eleanor for short.

Eleanor: Sid, Sid the Sloth.

Manny: Manfred.

Eleanor suddebly broke into a tears after reminding her past.

Sid: Oh, don't cry. Don't cry. What happened?

Eleanor: (Sniffed) I don't have a family. My family and my tribe are now gone, I don't know where to go!

Sid: Oh! You poor little Noree! You must be abandoned and lost. Do you wanna help us to bring the baby back to his herd?

Eleanor: Herd? You mean his family?

Sid: Yeah. Why do you say, you wanna join us?

Eleanor: Of course.

Sid: Did you heard that Manny, Noree is going to join us of our adventures!

Manny: Yeah, yeah! I know.

Sid: Anyways, let's get this cloak down and...

Just as Sid pulled her cloak hood down and revealing her fox ears and tail.

Sid: Woah! Manny, look! She has fox ears and tail.

Eleanor: Aah!

Manny: (Turns around) Huh? Oh! What the heck? Where did you get those?

Eleanor: I was born as a Human-Fox hyrbid. My Mama is a Fox-hybrid and my Papa is a human.

Sid: Wow!

Manny: Mmm. Never heard that before.

Sid: Well, I like that. You have a beautiful white hair and blue eyes.

Eleanor: (Blushed) Thank you.

Manny: Then, why did you have a dagger?

Eleanor: (Looks at her dagger on her holder) Wha-Oh! My Dagger? My Mama and Papa give it to me back then. This is where I should survive on the Ice Age.

Sid: Ice Age?

Manny: What's that?

Eleanor: It's just a horrible events of this year. Many animals are supposed to survive themselves from the horrible Ice Age.

Sid: Well then, your coming with us now.

Eleanor: Really?

Manny: Hop on.

Manny pick Eleanor up by using his trunk, he placed her on his back as a ride.

Eleanor: Can I hold him?

Sid: Sure. Here.

Sid handed over the infant baby to Eleanora.

Sid: All right. Let's go to the top!

As the group's friendship slowly blossom with their relationship with Eleanora. They are headed to the campsite where the infant boy lives there.

-Time Skip-

As the group made it, Manny plans to get up the campsite.

Manny: What are you doing? Just drop it on the ledge.

Sid puts Roshan, the infant boy up and starts to crawling. He puts Eleanora up and looks down.

Eleanor: Come on, Sid.

Sid: Should we make sure they found him?

Manny: Good idea.

Sid: Oh, no! No, no, no, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

Manny puts Sid upwith his trunk and startd screaming.

Sid: AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Eleanor: Sid!

Eleanora ran up to him and decided to calm him down.

Sid: DON'T! SPEAR ME!!

Eleanor: Sid, calm down.

Sid closes his eyes and then sees something.

Sid: Oh, this is the problem.

Manny goes up.

Manny: Now, what? Aww, that's perfect.

Eleanor: What happened?

Roshan tries to touch something up high but then trips and then crawls and hides in the bowl. Eleanor and Sid are headed up.

Sid: Hey, hey, hey.

Sid walks until the stick knocks him out.

Eleanor: Ouch.

As for Manfred he was checking out what was left of the campsite. Tents were destroyed and objects were scattered. Manfred stopped upon Roshan look into where he slept last night. Reminded of his mother, he cuddled with it before turning to Manfred. Manfred looked down on the baby somberly as Roshan slid into his basket again.

Then, a another Saber Toothed tiger named Diego appeared at them.

Diego: I told you they were gone.

Manny: Well, look who it is. Don't you have some poor defenseless animal to disembowel.

Later, Sid interrupts it. Eleanor is appeared in front of Manny then she quickly hid behind him.

Sid: They couldn't be far. I mean, they went this way, or this way?

Diego: You don't know much about tracking, do you?

Sid: Hey, I'm a sloth. I see a leaf, eat a leaf, that's my tracking.

Sid brokes the stick into a 2 pieces.

Diego: You didn't miss them by much. [inspects a stick] It's still green. They headed north 2 hours ago.

Sid: [Sticks a couple of twigs in his mouth, pretending to be Diego] "Hey, it's still green, they headed north 2 hours ago."

Eleanor: Hehehe.

Roshan laughs and flings a fish at Manny's face with annoyed.

Diego: You don't need this aggravation. Give me the baby. I can track humans down a lot faster than you can.

Manny: And you're just a good citizen helping out right?

Diego: I just know where the humans are going.

Manny: Glacier Pass. Everybody knows they have a settlement on the other side.

Diego: Well, unless you know how to track, you'll never reach them before the pass closes up with snow. Which should be like tomorrow. So, you can give that baby to me, or go get lost in the blizzard. It's your choice.

Manny grabbed Roshan and give it to Sid.

Manny: Here's your little bundle of Joy. We're returning it to the humans.

Sid: Awww, the big bad Tigey-Wigey gets left behind. Poor Tigey-Wigey.

Manny: Sid, Tigey-Wigey is gonna lead the way.

Eleanor: Does that mean he's going to join us?

Diego: Yeah, Kid.

Sid: Uh, uh, Manny, can I- can I- can I talk to you for a second?

Manny: No. The sooner we find the humans, the sooner I get rid of Mr. Stinky Drool-face. And the baby too including the Frosty fox kid.

Eleanor: Me?

Sid: It's nothing, Noree. Let's just keep going.

Diego: You won’t always have Jumbo (Manny) around to protect you. And when that day comes, I suggest you watch our back... 'cause I’ll be chewing on it.

Manny: Hey, upper tracker up front where I can see you.

Sid: Help me.

As the group are having a long walk, Roshan begins to cry. The group except Eleanora, who is very worried about him. Diego and Manny got annoyed and Sid tries his best to calm him down.

Manny: Oh, you gotta make it stop. I can't take it any more!

Diego: I've eaten things that didn't complain this much!

Sid: He wouldn't stop squirming.

Eleanor: Sid, your making him fall off!

Diego: You're holding him wrong!

Manny: Watch his head!

Diego: Just put it down!

Eleanor: (Teleports on the ground) Let's check on him.

Sid: Jeez, "pick him up, put him down..." [mutters]

Diego: Its nose is dry.

Sid: That means there's something wrong with him.

Diego: Someone should lick it, just in case.

Eleanor: I think this is wrong.

Sid: I'll do it.

Manny: Hey, he's wearing one of those baby thingies.

Sid: So?

Manny: So, if he poops, where does it go?

Sid: [slips his tongue back to his mouth. After a slight pause, Roshan resumes crying] Humans are disgusting.

Eleanor: Well then, this is your volunteer.

Manny: Okay, you. Check for poop.

Sid: Hey, why am I the poop-checker?

Manny: [leans closer to Sid] Because returning the runt was your idea, because you're small and insignificant, and because I'll pummel you if you don't.

After that, a slight pause.

Sid: Why else?

Manny: NOW, SID!

Sid: (Walks back to Roshan) EW! YUCK! EW! I mean, my goodness. Alright, look out, look out, look out, coming through.

Manny: Hey, watch out!

Diego: Stop waving that thing around!

Eleanor: Aah! Sid, be careful!

Sid: Ooh, ooh, I'm gonna slip. Woah! [throws a baby tissue into Manny, and put the paper into the ground] It's clean! Gotcha! [laughs]

Manny: (Slaps Sid) Will you cut it out?

Roshan laughs, then continues crying.

Diego: Hey, do that again. He likes it.

Eleanor: I think he stops crying.

Manny: (Slaps Sid again; Roshan laughs again) Hey yeah, and it's making me feel better too.

Roshan continues crying and Eleanor giggled.

Sid: Here, you hold this.

Then, Diego punches him. Roshan trying to get hand off Sid, then Sid takes his hand and put it down then he continues to crying.

Diego: Here! Turn him towards him! Where's the baby? There he is!

There, Roshan stops crying.

Diego: Where's the baby, there he is!

Then, Roshan crying scared.

Manny: Stop it. You're scaring him!

Eleanor: Don't cry, little baby.

Roshan crying silence, and his stomach is growling which means he is hungry.

Sid: I bet he's hungry.

Manny: How about some milk?

Eleanor: That will help.

Sid: Ohh, I'd love some!

Diego: Not you, the baby!

Sid: Well, I ain't exactly lactating right now, pal!

Diego: You're a little low on the food chain to be mouthin' off, aren't ya...?!

Manny: (Shouting) ENOUGH!!

As Manny shouts, his voice was echoes which Sid and Diego stops. They all heard a rustling sound nearby. They looked and saw a watermelon near a small bush.

Sid & Manny: Food!

Eleanor: Let's get it!

Manfred picked up the melon and was about to carry it to Roshan, when suddenly, a dodo bird burst from the bush and snatched the melon away. The dodo scurried off, squawking like crazy, leaving everyone confused.

Eleanor: Where does it go?

-Time Skip with the Dodo scene-

Dodo Colonel: I don't know, but I've been told.

Dodo Soldiers: I don't know, but I've been told.

Dodo Colonel: End of the world be mighty cold.

Dodo Soldiers: End of the world be mighty cold.

There was a group of Dodo birds are preparing for Ice Age disaster.

Dodo #1: Prepare for the Ice Age!

Dodo #2: Protect the dodo way of life!

Dodo #3: Survival seperates the dodos from the beasts!

Dodo #4: Protect the dodo way of life!

Manny, Sid, Diego, Roshan and Eleanor are sneaking up to the Dodo's base for finding food.

Dodo #5: Prepare for the Ice Age!

Sid: Ice Age?

Diego: I've heard of these crackpots.

Eleanor: Told you.

The dodo that took the melon put it on a tree stump, where there were two other melons. After placing it safe, the dodo saw the group and panicked.

Dodo: AWK! Intruders!

Dodo Leader: (Lecturing about a smoking crater) Now, don't fall in. If you do, you will definitely...

Dodo: (sprints in, not paying attention to where he's going) Intruders! Intrud– AAAAHHH!

The dodo trips and falls into crater; a sizzling sound can be heard which made the 3 other dodo birds horrified and disgusted.

Dodos: EWW! OHH!

Dodo Leader: ...burn and die.

Manny: Hey, can we have our melon back. Junior's hungry including little foxy is hungry too and uh...

Dodo Leader: NO WAY! This is our private stockpile for the Ice Age! Sub-artic temperatures will force us underground for a million, billion years!

Manny: So you got 3 melons?

The dodos looked at their melons before turning back to the group, offended by that comment.

Dodo Leader: If you weren't smart enough to plan ahead, then doom on you!

Other Dodos: (Chanting) Doom on you, doom on you...!

Manny: Get away from me!

Eleanor, on the other hand secretly pulled out her dagger on her handler.

Dodo Leader: OH NO! NO!

The melon rolled into Roshan’s arms. Seeing that part of their food supply is in danger, the leader sprang into action.

Dodo Leader: RETRIEVE THE MELON! TAE KWON DODOS! ATTACK!!!

The dodos suddenly did martial arts poses, trying to be intimidating. They started kicking each other. One dodo kicked one dodo towards Roshan. He kicked the melon out of Roshan’s hands. Another dodo caught the melon with his head and tossed it to another dodo. Tossing it from one dodo to another, they kept tossing it until one dodo accidentally tossed it over a cliff.

Dodo #6: THE MELON!

Dodos: (Squaking) THE MELON, THE MELON, THE MELON, THE MELON…

Not paying much attention, they pushed the dodo off the cliff, taking themselves with him.

Dodo #7: There goes our last female.

Sid snuck behind the tree stump and attempted to take one of the melons but the dodos noticed him and charged at him Together, they took the melon out of Sid’s hands and tossed it to each other upward one dodo kicked it away. Three dodos caught it with their beaks, but were standing right above the smoking crater.

Dodos: GOT IT, GOT IT, GOT IT, GOT IT, GOT IT!.... DON’T GOT IT! [they fall into the crater with the melon]

Dodos: (Gasped) The last melon.

Sid had the melon in grasp but was mobbed by all of the Dodos The Melon flew out of the sloth's hands- once again Manny caught the melon and held it high, preventing it from being snatched up by dodos. But as he concentrated in protecting the melon, he failed to notice one of the dodos was behind him.

The dodo leaps up and chomped on Manny’s tail, causing him to scream in pain and toss the melon into the air. The melon is now flying high into the air. Sid runs after it, dodging several dodos along the way. The melon bounces on some of the birds’ heads before landing in Sid’s hands. Sid smiled, now having some food for Roshan. But as he looks up, he notices all the dodos were starting to close in on him, ready for the final assault to grab the melon.

Surrounded, Sid looked at Roshan, who held his hand out, wanting the melon and Eleanor is upset him and gives him an encouragement thumbs up. Outnumbered, but not giving up on Roshan, Sid held the melon tightly and started running through the dodo flocks. Using his hand to protect him, he pushed, shoved and smacked every dodo in his path out of the way. Like a brave football player, he braved his way through the countless dodos in his way. Some dodos tried attacking Sid, but ended up inadvertently attacking each other.

Fighting his way through the flocks, Sid saw the remaining flock charging towards him all around. Making a risky action, Sid jumped up and flew above all the dodos. Manfred, Diego, Roshan and Eleanor watched Sid fly. Roshan closed his eyes, worried for the sloth and Eleanor prays for Sid. Sid landed on the ground, and though hurt, he managed to save the melon. Roshan and Eleanor looked and cheered, along with the others. Sid successfully saved the food for Roshan and Eleanor.

Sid celebrated his victory while the dodos mourned over the loss of their food supply. Sid didn’t pay attention, being too busy to notice. But in his joy, he threw the melon to the ground like a football player spiking the ball after a touchdown. This caused everyone’s joy to turn into shock.

Diego: AAH, Sid! Now we gotta find more food.

Manny, Sid and Diego looks at the baby Roshan and Eleanor eating the melons and saw the dodos running

Manny: Look at that. Dinner and a show.

Dodos: Left, Left, Left! LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Woah!

-Later at night-

Later that night, under the starry the sky, Sid wandered off to find food himself.

Sid: Now to find a meal befitting a conquering hero. [Sid let go of the branch but hits him to the ground but he gets up] What ho? A foe? Come on, come on. You want a piece of me? [Sid uses karate sounds and hits the tree but found an acorn] Spoils worthy of such a noble- 

Sid was about to ate it but as the acorn was about land, something came flying into Sid and grabbed the acorn It was Scrat! After a brief struggle, Scrat took the acorn out of Sid’s mouth and started scurrying away, but not before shaking his fist at Sid for nearly taking away his booty.

Manny: Bedtime, squirt.

Manny tuck Roshan in his trunk and settled himself in as he did, he looked at Diego, who was asleep and then he noticed Eleanor, who is still up and reading her magical book to mastering her power, he saw a scar on her right eye.

Manny: Hey, where did you get that scar?

Eleanor: Hmm? Well, I got attacked by a pack of cats. As long as I can remember, one of those scary cat almost attcaked me luckily, Mama protect me from those scary cats.

Manny: Oh. Sounds hurt and painful, but do you have a family?

Eleanor: (Sighed) No. They are dead and my tribe of my people are also dead. We've been ambushed from those scary cats, I have no where else to go and I tries to survive on my own.

Manny: Uhh, sorry about your family. Here.

Eleanor: Huh?

Manny pick Max up and put it on his side.

Manny: You have a blanket or...

Eleanor: Got it.

Eleanor wrapped her warm cloak around her and lays down.

Manny: So, what are ya reading?

Eleanor: Magical book. Mama give it to me before she died, it will enhanced my powers.

Manny: You have powers?

Eleanor: Yes, Manny.

She yawned and fall asleep onto Manny's side. Then, he noticed Sid returned.

Manny: Oh, the triumphant return.

Sid: Huh? Oh, that (Nercously laughing) I'm so full. How about a good night kiss for your big buddy Sid.

Manny: Shhh! They're asleep.

Sid: I was talking to you. [Manny give a disgusted look on Sid as he prepared to dust off the rock to sleep] Fine, I'll tuck myself in. [reclines on the rock; making moans and groans of relaxation] [yawning] All right... Good Night... [He flops on the rock, then turns over...] [as he's turning over and over] Oooh... ah.[Manny becomes slightly irritated as he watches Sid quirk around on the rock] [groaning] Errr-um... Ahhhhh... [Scene shows Sid lying on the rock on his back and his head lolling off the rock] [talking in his sleep] Nah! [snaps his fingers] Nah! Nah! [shuffles his body counter-clock wise towards the rocks front, making fizzing noises with his teeth and tongue] [flops on his side] Argh... [suddenly jerks his arm and head up and down] [loudly] Hur-agh! Ahh...

Manny: (Shouts angrily; startling Sid) WILL YOU STOP IT!

Sid: (Sheepishly) All right, all right, jeez. I was just trying to relax.

He finds a comfortable spot on the rock and begins to suck his thumb.

Manny: Oie.

Everyone started sleeping to pass the night. As for Manfred, he looked at Diego one last time and slowly closed his eyes, ready for the night. But with everyone dozing, Diego quietly opened his eyes.

With the moonlight in his eyes, he quietly approached Manfred. He looked at the mammoth. Both of them weren’t awake. He smirked, proud to have fooled them into accepting him into the group before turning to the baby. Lifting his paw, he attempted to take the baby out of Manfred’s trunk, but a noise stopped him from doing so.

To his relief, it was only Sid snoring. Diego extended his paw again, but this time, Manfred moved his trunk, holding the baby tighter. Frustrated, Diego looked at Manfred before hearing a noise up on a nearby hill. He quietly approached the hill and saw a dead bush rustling. Crouching down, like he was hunting, he leaped into the air and tackled his watcher. But as he prepared to attack, he saw that it was only Zeke.

Diego: What the....?

Zeke: Go ahead. Slice me. It'll be the last thing you ever do.

Diego: I'm workin' here, you waste of fur.

Oscar: Frustated Diego? Tracking down helpless infant too difficult to you?

Diego: What are you two doing here?

Oscar: Soto's getting tired of waiting.

Zeke: Yeah, Yeah, He said, "Come back with the baby, OR DON'T COME BACK AT ALL!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Diego: Well, I have a message for Soto. Tell him, I'm bringing a baby. And tell him, I'm bringing a....Mammoth.

Zeke: A "mammoth"?

Oscar: Mammoths never travel alone.

Diego: Well this one does, and i'm leading him to Half Peak.

Zeke: Mmm... Look at all that meat. LET'S GET 'EM!

Diego stops him as he was about to get Manny.

Diego: Not yet! We'll need the whole pack to bring this mammoth down, get everyone ready. Now!

The two sabers headed out, leaving Diego to return to his sleeping spot and start dozing off.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 138 9
You are a Saber and Diego's sister, but you two haven't seen eachother in a long time, so you two don't recognize eachother in the beginning. But wha...
61.2K 536 20
This is a story that mainly involves Diego and Shira so Comment Vote and read :3 Disclaimer: I do not own the Ice Age characters only a few sabertoot...
258K 5K 29
Yeah I still suck at descriptions but enjoy nonetheless { Ice Age: The Meltdown } { Diego x OC } { Book 2 out of ??? } { First Book - Ice Age: The B...
5.6K 85 13
In this story, you were more like Manny's sister. You were a Gigantopithecus like Gutt, but you had more of that blue than grey fur. The grey-ish blu...