17 Bullets: becoming the Wer...

By pattyofurniture

60 bullets 59 58 57.. The countdown to 17 Bullets begins now. Eleanor was prepared for the zombie apocalypse... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Riding the Metal Wolf
Chapter 2: Wolfsbane Berries
Chapter 3: Jia
Chapter 4: Golden Sunlight
Chapter 5: Loss
Chapter 6: Brave Young Warrior
Chapter 7: Indawo
Chapter 8: Werewolves
Chapter 9: Sukumah
Chapter 10: Fire from her Fingers
Chapter 11: Learning to Communicate
Chapter 12: Beginning the Journey
Chapter 13: Surviving the Open
Chapter 14: Protector
Chapter 15: Yielder of Thunder
Chapter 16: The Pack
Chapter 18: Wanting to Go
Chapter 19: Owesifanze Wokuduma: Woman of Thunder
Chapter 20: The Alpha King's Mate
Chapter 21: To the Peak
Chapter 22: Missed
Chapter 23: Roaches
Chapter 24: Can't Understand
Chapter 25: No Women
Chapter 26: Supplies
Chapter 27: An Alpha Command
Chapter 28: Hail
Chapter 29: Hot
Chapter 30: Earth Medicine
Chapter 31: Glimpse of Black
Chapter 32: Venom Spray
Chapter 33: Aquamarine Ring
Chapter 34: Fairytales
Chapter 35: She-Wolf
Chapter 36: Meeting the Alpha King
Chapter 37: Queen
Chapter 38: Choice
Epilogue
Extra: Wearing the Aquamarine Ring

Chapter 17: He's a Werewolf

4.2K 200 103
By pattyofurniture

40 BULLETS

Thann's eyes sprinted to the ground five inches from his feet, where a bullet was cratered into the sand. Then I saw him find me through the scope and I figured he could see me perfectly fine, knowing that the next bullet was going into his forehead just like the beasts around him.

He dropped to his knees in the sand, and bent in a resigned bow.

My angle to shoot was clear and my finger itched to press the trigger.

He was a werewolf.

I couldn't let a werewolf live.

Come on, do it!

I couldn't let him live.

But after several seconds, no shot was fired.

When no bullet came his eyes set back to me. We stared at each other for a full minute.

He then sighed. Sorry.

Sorry?

I looked out of the scope and to his small form in front of the cave. Then I went back through the scope.

He looked down to the blackened sand from an old fire in front of him. Sorry. Thann werewolf. A deliberate pause. Mathe werewolf. Molly scared. Thann don't like El scared. Thann no speak Thann werewolf. Thann like El happy.

I tried to compute his words.

He didn't want to scare me like Mathe scared Molly when she found out Mathe was a werewolf. That's why Thann didn't want to tell me.

Mathe was a werewolf.

Thann was a werewolf.

My finger lifted from the trigger and the rifle lowered as I took in his tiny form.

They really were werewolves then? All were. Thann really was a werewolf. The grey blurs were not sabretooth tigers. Werewolves were real.

My forehead rested against the bark of the tree and I closed my eyes in inner pain. How come I was still on this planet?

I had gotten caught up with a werewolf.

Really?

Werewolves?

But all this time he never hurt me. He didn't want to hurt me, did he?

I looked to the rip and gash at my hip.

Thann had plenty of time to try.

Were there such things as nice werewolves?

Maybe they're just bad at the full moon?

I sighed and started to climb down the tree. When I turned to face him, rifle stowed back on my shoulder, he stood, though I couldn't tell his expression from this far away.

But I paused.

A werewolf?

No.

I couldn't do it.

I turned my back on him and started walking away. He could live, for helping me, but I was done with him.

"El?" He yelled out, but I ignored him and kept my pacing.

I had lost another friend in this place.

This stupid planet had taken everything from me.

I was alone again.

And this time I was without my supplies.

My eyes widened and I nearly tripped.

My supplies!

How was I supposed to survive on this planet without anything? Sure, I had my gun but what help would that be when I ran out of bullets in just my pouch?

It was too much.

I couldn't do it.

And I broke down.

I fell to my knees, hand to my face and holding my tears. My sobs came out as wheezy puffs of breath with the ludicrous leaf still stealing my voice.

I cried harder.

A warm hand gripped my shoulder, and I startled my sobs away.

"Sthandwa sami," he caressed me with a gentle tone. "El? Cry."

When Thann kneeled down to me, my fight was over. I was already bounding into his embrace, everything forgotten.

I needed him.

My arms came around his neck and I pulled myself against his chest, his warm arms around my back, nose nuzzling down to my neck.

"El."

After a whole minute of an embrace, he lifted us to a stand, a hand stroking over my face. He then signed. Thann werewolf. Sorry.

I nodded, wetness still dotting my eyes.

"Cry," he said sadly and cupped my face, thumbing through the tearful trail.

I swallowed harsh and nodded again, still not able to speak. Scared. Werewolf.

No scared Thann.

I pointed to the dead three over by the cave. No them.  With worried eyes I asked,  Mathe?  Did I kill his brothers?

Thann looked over and shook his head.  No. No Mathe.  Werewolf not good.  Bad werewolf.

I breathed out in relief and he pulled me into his chest for another hug. His love was warm and comforting, a cocoon around my pain.

He stepped away again and touched over the tooth cuts across my chest. "Hurt."

They were still bleeding and staining my shirt, but I just shook my head. Thann here. El safe. I looked up pitifully.

He caressed down my face again. I bent into it and sighed in relief.

"Kiss?"

I recoiled, hearing him say the new word, then looked over the way of the dead wolves and nodded. Yes. That A-Hole werewolf kissed me.

When Thann took a deliberate step against me and cupped his other hand around my face too, I looked startled up to him and he was leaning in, head tilted.

What was....?

His lips then pressed silk soft against mine and in perfect stillness I closed my eyes and bent into him, nearly losing my footing.

This wasn't the passionate sexy kiss that wolf beast gave, but this lit a fire within me stronger than any desire I'd ever felt.

The kiss was as chaste as any middle school peck, but so much better than any wild hot tub makeout session.

Everything I ever knew about kissing and intimacy was wrong. This was right.

It was home.

It was perfect.

Thann was right.

I didn't want to ever open my eyes again as he pulled away.

"El?"

A breath finally came from my unforgiving body and I gazed up at him.

"Hurt. Ulimale kuphi?" His hand stroked over a stinging spot on my chest. "Stay. Ngizothola umuthi."

Don't leave me again, I clung to his arm and begged through my face. A strong level of panic rising in my chest.

"El, Ungasabi." His arms came back around me, and he tenderly touched my cheek. "El go?" He looked back to the cave and the dead bodies. "Kill."

What would be worse? Seeing dead bodies, or being alone?

El go please.

He nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me back to my assailants. I gulped down the still present saliva.

Thann. I turned him to stop.

His eyes asked the question.

I opened my mouth and tried sticking my tongue out. It was only a margin of movement, so I scratched at the leaf. My face looking a pitiful mess up to him. Help.

His hand gently pushed at my chin. When he looked in my mouth he sighed, "iqabungaelinamathelayo." Thann help. Water.  He then led me back to the cave.

He tried to block my view from the wolf bodies, but I still tried to peek. I turned to look closer, but when Thann noticed he scooped me into his chest and walked into the cave. He sat me down on a bed near the door. Good. I didn't think even with Thann by my side, did I want to go to the back of the cave. My fingers slid into the furs, the softness tickling between. The bed was pretty much long logs set side by side with many furs over the top. While I was lost feeling the blanket, he strode further back into the darkness.

As the leftover adrenaline was finally waning, I was finally noticing how bad the bite cuts felt. They weren't seeping anymore, but dang those were sharp points. A heaviness was now sitting on my chest and I tried not to hiss out through the throbbing pains.

I was also nervous being back in the cave, but there was a calmness still knowing that Thann was there too. My hands seemed to shake knowing that I had killed men, but after a kidnap and near assault I didn't have the terror that I should have that I was now a murderer.

Was I?

Were you a murderer if you killed a fairytale monster?

Were you a murderer if you killed a fairytale monster in a month-long coma dream?

I knew I was way past believing this was a coma dream, but I still entertained the thought to not believe I could be called a murderer.

Thann came back with a simple wooden box and some blobby skin pouch. He held out the blob. Water. Drink. "Khafula." He made actions of spitting.

Nodding, I took the pouch and sipped and spit into the sand.

More.

Sipping and spitting, I repeated the action a few more times until the leaf had disintegrated from my tongue. My voice was back but raspy and choked. "What was that leaf?"

No speak. Day.

He then sat the box down and removed the lid. Inside was an assortment of linens, dried leaves, powders, sticks and dead bugs.

He took the water pouch back and hydrated a white powder to a thick toothpaste, then pressed a finger into it wiping at the first of many tooth cuts.

I grimaced in pain but didn't make a sound through the next two marks.

When I realized it was making it harder for both of us with him working through my shirt, I took a deep breath and pulled the shirt over my head.

Thann's eyes widened staring only to my face.

"It's okay," I spoke hoarse. "You can look." Eyes. Watch yes.

He let out a loud breath as he took in my shirtless frame and baby pink basic bra stained with days of ugly sweat.

The dirty bra didn't seem to matter to him, and I blushed under his scrutiny. After a long minute of staring, I tapped my hand over his with the white paste and smirked. Remember what you were doing there Thanny-boy.

Thann's head shook out and he went back to applying the medicine.

I let my head fall back in a grimace as the paste being rubbed into me stung, but the paste only took about two minutes before I realized the area was completely numbed to pain.

After the pain was gone, it was being harder and harder to control myself with his large hands stroking up and down my arms. It wasn't even close to a sensuous massage, but it was lighting fire like I'd only ever dreamed of.

When the last of the cuts across my back were pasted and wrapped in some grey linen, he unwrapped my burn arm and examined it. It was nearly healed with fresh pink skin starting to peek through the bubbled scabs. The green did quite well healing. But Thann scowled washing the excess green mash off and replacing with the white paste.

When the boils even numbed completely, a tingle of pleasure ran up my spine. There wasn't a time within the last few weeks that I hadn't battled ignoring some pain. The relief was heaven. Thank you.

He sat back on his knees and smiled softly. "Udinga ukudla. Ngabona ukudla. Ngizobuya." He stood and my eyes tracked him as he strode back into the deep of the cave. I took the time to try to get my shirt back on. I'd have to find a stream to clean the blood out soon.

He was only gone from my side a moment when he brought a finely decorated box and a handful of jerky and flat brown disks. He sat the box down beside him and kneeled, holding out his other hand. "Eat."

I took the disk in apprehension, but then a grin lifted my face. It was pliable with smooth bumps, as wide and round as a small plate, a deep brown color that reminded me of dark rye. It was like a pita. "Is this bread?" I asked with a throaty sound.

No speak. "Isinkwa." Eat.

"Iiseenkawaa." I tried to whisper.

He grinned playfully. No speak. He then tore a piece from the flatbread and held it out. "Eat."

I nodded and took his piece, biting it in half. The texture was rigid and pebbley as the grain seeds were crunched between my teeth. The flavor like a rich salty earth with a slight sourdough tang at the back of my tongue. It wasn't wonderbread, but oh it was delightful after being forced gluten free for the last month. I missed bread and even though it was dense and heavy, I adored every mouthful.

I think I moaned.

Thann let out a soft chuckle and headed back to the deep of the cave, coming back with a stack of flatbreads. He sat them on my lap. More.

I almost cried. These were becoming hamburgers.

I ate through a second, letting every bite seep into me like that leaf. Delicious. And I probably could have eaten through the whole stack had the promise of a big mac not been begging me to wait.

Thank you. Like.

He held out the jerky and I giggled hoarsely. "What? Can woman not live on bread alone on your planet?"

He frowned and reached around for the water pouch. Drink. No speak.

I smiled and took the pouch, downing a large mouthful.

He nodded in approval and then took the pouch from me, setting it down and bringing the decorated box I had forgotten about to the bed. I wanted to ask what it was, but knew I'd get in trouble for using my voice again.

When he opened it, I gasped in surprise. It was filled with jewelry and precious gems of every style and size. Some of the jewelry was tarnished, and some of the stones were in an uncut condition, but all were gorgeous beyond words.

Beautiful, I signed, though I knew that would be a hard concept to teach Thann.

He started digging through the box and setting all the rings aside.

I reached for an uncut ruby or garnet in the deepest red color, and it practically filled my palm in faceted crystal. I was fascinated and imagined how the sun could send the refractions bouncing around the cave if I took it to the light.

"El?" I looked up and he softly took the ruby from me. He then placed a golden band on my first finger.

It was just basic yellow gold, some carved designs crafted into it, but still incredibly lovely.

"Ngiyajabula ukuthi uyayithanda. Kodwa uyangizwisisa?"

I smiled to him then gazed back to the designs. Like.

He sighed and pulled the ring from my finger. "Hey," I choked out.

He ignored me and grabbed a thin band covered in emeralds, replacing the gold. It didn't quite fit so he put it down my fingers, until it was around my ring finger. I giggled and held it out like I was showing off my engagement ring.

He smiled. "Ingabe kuyasebenza?"

"Are you proposing, because for some more of that bread I'm all in."

His smile faltered and he took the ring back.

"I guess you don't want to get married for bread then?" I pouted.

He tried two other rings, but neither of those made him happy either.

I pointed to a heavy necklace with layers and layers of cut purple stones. "What about a necklace then? This one is gorgeous."

Thann's face glared at the gruffness of my voice. No speak!

I couldn't help the giggle that croaked from my throat. It was followed by a round of coughing.

Thann then looked horrified and grabbed my knee like I was dying.

"I'm .... Fine." I tried between coughs.

When my barks finally slowed down, he pushed me down to the furs. I had no chance to fight, he pressed and held.

"What are you doing?"

No speak. Sleep.

Sleep? I looked to the bright cave front before us. Day.

Sleep. Heal.

I finally looked up to him, a playful smirk filling my face, then pouted. "But don't you think I need a goodnight kiss first? Kiss." I made the sign for kiss very obvious what I wanted.

He smiled softly and stroked over my cheek delicately. "El," he said as a purr. It tightened my muscles. We watched each other intently as he leaned over and hovered over my parted lips.

Then Thann's full lips met over mine and I couldn't imagine anything better. Chocolate cake was trash. His large hand caressed over my ear and into my hair.

The kiss was beautiful and chaste.

But when it was chaste for too long, I opened my lips and slid my tongue against his lip.

He jerked back from the bed in shock. "Wenzani?"

"I'm sorry!" I cried, sitting up after him quickly, thinking I pushed him too far.

But at the sight of his aghast face, I giggled. "What's the matter Dothraki? Never been frenched before?" I then bit my lip with a teasing smile and followed him off the bed, straddling over his knees. "Come back," I croaked. More.

He looked hesitant, but a hand came to hold my waist, so I leaned up and took his face in my hands and pressed my lips against his.

He reciprocated the kiss, and when I licked over his lip he didn't back away. I guided his mouth open and reached his tongue with mine. A throaty grunt came from him in surprise, but when I started the tangle, his lips formed a grin and his other arm wrapped around my back.

I pressed myself against him and pushed back into the kiss and his lips came strong to mine, his tongue now knowing the game.

It may have been that ten seconds ago he was reluctant, but he was playing now, and it was like he'd had a lesson every day of his life. His lips were bliss. Tingles raced over my body leaving goosebumps over my neck and arms. Electric currents swept over the whole area, like lightning was about to strike us down. His hands roamed over my back pressing the heat down deep into my bones.

I was fully and wholly in the minute with him.

It didn't matter that he changed into a giant wolf. It didn't matter that he was an alien and that I was lightyears away from my home planet. It didn't matter that I was nearly assaulted. It was just me and him and it felt like that's how life was always supposed to be. It caused me to burn. Everywhere.

When we finally parted, we both were breathless and smiling. He pulled me into his chest and squeezed in a hug so telling, tingles swarmed around my belly. He kissed over my hair and whispered huskily, "Ngiyakuthanda, El."

I leaned out to see his face and bit my lip in a smile, trying to read his expression. He looked so happy, so full of love it made my heart ache with pleasure.

His fingertips roamed over my cheek. Sleep.

Heck no. I was not ready to be done with our makeout session and teased. No.

Yes. Sleep.

Thann sleep.

Thann no sleep.

Thann yes sleep.

He studied me. When neither moved for a minute, he reached down into the box and brought out the amethyst necklace. "Umgexo. Lala." He moved the ends around my neck and clasped it behind me expertly. "Lala." Sleep. He then lifted me to the bed.

I let him lay me down and bundled a fur into a pillow. It was lovely having a soft bed after sleeping in trees so long. But then I wondered. Would that mean I wouldn't have Thann's warmth? Would he sleep next to me if I had blankets?

Wait, what about my supplies?

I sat up in concern. "Thann, what about my supplies!" I squawked.

Sleep.

"But my stove and things."

Sleep.

I frowned. "I don't think I can."

He pressed me back down to the softness and kissed my forehead. Sleep El. Thann go.

"Go? Go where? You're leaving me alone now?" I worried.

No scared. Thann go water.

"Oh, okay," I nodded.

Thann go. El Sleep.

I looked around the cave walls and a peek outward to the dead wolf body. "I'll try."

Thann Help.

Help? Help what? I asked the question with my glance.

He twisted me easily and laid me down on my stomach. With his strength he just lifted me like a doll, I had no chance of resisting.

"What are you doing?" I looked up.

No speak. Sleep.

I put my head on my arms and sighed. Fine.

But then his warm hands were on my back and seeping the heat into my back with fluid soft movements. It felt wonderful even over the new tooth marks. He started purring a soft hum and I closed my eyes relishing the moment.

"Ohhhh," I moaned at the heavenly feel.

He kept humming and stroking for a few minutes, until my breathing was soft and tranquil. He then kissed my hair, next to my bun and stood. "Hlala uphephile."

As his presence left the cave, I felt like I could actually sleep and let myself drift away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 209 27
"Last night, I had a dream the world ended. Half the population disappeared, and unfathomable eldritch beasts shambled out of an unending darkness." ...
641K 18.5K 46
When Ivy Lancaster, a young and successful publisher, saves a family farm in an old rundown town, her life is flipped on its axis. Her charity puts h...
1.6M 76K 33
"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a massive adventure leads her to a strange p...
23.4M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...