Fate Has Other Plans

By nic275

What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
COMPETITION!!!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Meet the character's
Author's note and comments
Meet the characters part 2
Message to Ya'll
A/N

Chapter 50

13.6K 392 65
By nic275

Ace's POV

The entire day at work , I spend time thinking about my wife. She really is my wife now?

And she is carrying my baby. Which reminds me , I know how tired she's going to be when she gets home so I'm going to prepare a meal for her.

As I leave my office, I hear footsteps following me suit. I don't even bother to turn my body but seems they have different plans.

"Hey , um Ace. I wanted to inform you that the Hawaii building renovation has been approved. " I turn and find a very uncomfortable Jason.

"Oh , that's great. Then it means in three months we'll be ready for business right?" I ask.

"Well yes, it does . As long as we keep to code. " he says.

"That's great . Congratulations. " I say intending to go home to my wife. But he stops me again.

"Hey , congratulations on getting married. You got a real one right there. Just take care of her , I know I couldn't ." He says , then walks away.

Something tells me that this man is not exactly over my wife , but none of that is happening in watch. Cass is going to get a good laugh out of what Jason just said.

I head to the parking , oh and I bought a car! Yep , a Maserati.  Black with tinted windows. Makes me feel cool.

The drive home is very quiet.  All I'm thinking about is my wife.

The electric gates of the building open up , and reveal the big white building. In the elevator , my feet are literally tapping in anticipation to see her beautiful face. That's all I'll ever need after a long day at work.

I get to the penthouse door , turn the keys  and I push it open. It's very quiet , not really as I had expected it nevertheless,  I walk in.

"Babe!" I call from the lounge .

When I hear no reply , I push my feet further to the kitchen . Still nothing .

"Cass!" I call when I get upstairs but no answer. Maybe she's asleep , I tiptoe to our bedroom.

When I push it open , I see no one. Where is she? Or does it take that long at the doctor's appointment?

I change into my casuals and I head back down stairs . Now to prepare dinner , what am I going to make?

I tap the Google icon on my phone and I ask what are the most romantic meals.

Spaghetti and meatballs is the first I see , so here we go.

As I'm following the recipe, I see how much work it really takes to make all these stuff . Finally I'm done , I dust everything off and make sure the kitchen is the way she left it , I sure as well dont want her wrath today.

Quater to six , she's still not here.

I quickly head to Target to get two dozen red roses and ever when I return she's still not home .

I run a tub full of water and I pour bubble bath in it , I turn on the auto heat and I sprinkle one of those roses over the bubbled water.

I use those petals to make a trail from down the stairs to the bed . And I dim the lights a bit , Cass is literally going to cry. 

When I finally glance up the clock again , its seven . She's not home? That's not possible.

I call Kim , maybe she stayed over at Kim's.

"Hello , Ace?" She says into the phone .

In the back round I hear her son Cody , yelling 'uncle Ace!' Alot .

"Is Cassandra with you Kim?" I ask her , with a smile on my face , thinking about what I just did for her .

"No she is not here." She says and my heart literally falls to my ass.

"What?" I ask.

"I said she's not here , is she not home yet?" She asks also beginning to panic.

"No I thought she was with you." I say and I hear her harsh breathing.

"Maybe she's at work , she told me that after her appointment she's going to head to work just to get some work covered . So go and check her there , but pick me up in ten if you dont find her." She says into the phone and I end the car.

I grab my car keys and I take three stairs at a time , trying to get down faster .

The drive to Smith Industries is faster than ever , trust me , I got here in under ten minutes.

I find a guard standing at the door.

"Hey Ace man, what are you doing here so late?" He asks .

"Hey , Garry , I'm here to check if I forgot something." I say.

He nods and opens the doors , I run upstairs and to our office , it's just as I left it . She was never here .

I run to Jason's office. Nope , she was never here either.

Where could she be. I ring Kim again.

"Kim she's not here." I say pushing my hand into my hair.

"Pick me up right now." Kim says and I hear movement.

I run to my car and I drive to Kim's.

She is waiting on her driveway with her husband when I get there. She walks forward , and Dale follows suit.

"I hope she's okay.  You have my prayers." Dale says and Kim and I nod . She gets in the car and we drive away.

As we peel off the driveway ,Kim asks.

"Hey , where are we going?" She asks , her voice is really calming but nothing is helping me right now if I dont have her in my arms .

"Calm down Ace , you're going to get us in an accident man." She says .

I dont answer , I drive to the only other place I know she'd have went.

"Hi Tom, I'm Cassandra's husband Ace . I just need to speak to Jason really quickly ." I say to the guy at the gate . He nods and pulls the gate open for us.

The moment the car stops near door,my feet are already on the ground.

My first pounds on the door and someone pulls it open.

"Hey Ace , are you okay?" Jason asks .

"Look man , I'm looking for my wife. Is she here?" I ask , he looks at me and shakes his head.

"This is the last place Cassandra would go. She hates me . Did you check the company?" He asks .

"Yes I checked the company she's not there." I say running my hand over my hair.

"Damn man, would you like to come in for a drink?" He asks .

I nod , I definitely need a drink.

Both Kim and I walk into the house and he pours something for us .

"Oh , what a nice surprise. " Kayla's slutty voice says from the stairs .

"You already tired of Cassandra?" She says, walking to her.

"Kayla , she's missing." Jason reprimands.

"Oh, would you like to join us for dinner?" She asks , not even seeming a bit bothered.

"You know what man, I gotta go look for my wife , I dont have time or the energy to sit here and play friends with you.  And God knows I cant stand this bitch of yours." I say and stand .

I hear them yelling at me from behind but I don't hear anything . All I hear is Cassandra's voice yelling for help.

"Kim are you coming?" I say,  monotonously.  I realise how dark and dangerous that sounded from the silence that just fell into the room and their scared looks.

Kim scurries to me and we walk to my car.

As were driving , she drops her hand on my thigh and caresses it , it feels wrong . I move the hand back to her body.

"I'm sorry , I'm just trying to calm you down. Dont be angry , you're going to get us in a accident ." She says. 

I drive back to her house .

"I'll see you tomorrow. " I say , stopping at the driveway.

She leaves the car and then turns to say to me.

"Just keep me updated. " She says and walks into her house .

The next place to go would be Michigan . Its already eight in the evening . I drive way past the speed limit.

After two hours,  I am at the house .

I knock , and someone opens the door sleepily .

"Ace , what are you doing here." Asks a confused Bethany.

From what she told me , she stays here so that Momma can help her with the baby.

"Is Cassandra here?" I ask, in a defeated voice .

"No , please come in . Let's talk about it." She says in a calm voice.

"I dont fucking want to talk about it!" I unintendedly yell.

Momma walks out , ready for a fight.  Then her face softens the hardens again.

"Ace , we have children in this house.  Why are you cursing and why are you here so late at night . And most importantly where is my daughter?" She asks.

"Mrs Miller , Cassandra left in the morning to go to a doctor's appointment.  No one has seen here since then , this is the last place I can think of that she'd be." I say , plopping onto the couch .

I feel the tears coming .

"My daughter is missing?" Her soft voice squeaks out.

"Mrs Miller , I dont know what is happening . She cant be out there , she's goddamned pregnant fro crying out loud . She cant be out .

What is she eating , is she bathing,  is she feeling okay . I've failed her Mrs Miller . I was supposed to protect her , but I didnt .

I let her walk alone , because I wanted to make her happy , by giving her want she wants argueless . But instead now she's missing .

I'm so sorry Mrs Miller . So so sorry." I cry out . My entire body feels as if it's going to melt .

"I'll make you some tea ." She says, completely uncalled for.

Author's note.

Hey , how do you feel about this chapter , drop your thoughts and vote❤😊

By the way , I love hearing from you , you guys are awesome .

Oh, have you taken the time to read my other work? Be sure to drop by and give me suggestions on what I could do to spice things up.❤😊

Reminder: you guys are awesome 🧚‍♂️🥰

Vote , comment and recommend ❤😊

Nic275 🤡💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 298K 108
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
3.1K 236 2
[CONCEPT] Note : This is only a concept I have for now, I'm not sure wether I will go through with it or not. I will publish an unfinished/un-edited...
46.6K 993 30
Jisung is sad and lonely. So his friends decided to give him a new number to text since they were busy most of the time and Jisung was free all the t...
1.3M 69.3K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...