Better side of me

By stylaa__

Guilt is something that can stop you from growing or make you stronger by using it as a lesson. Are you willi... More

Authors Note
Casting
Do you know who i am?
Home sweet home
The fallen
Brotherly Love
Remember Me
End Of The Beginning
Fighting The Attraction
Anything For You
Family Business
Other Side Of Me
Difficult Decisions
Perfectly Complicated
Without Me
Resolving Problems
To Our Bambina
Losing Control
Bride To Be
From This Day Forward
Dark Days
We Are One
Longed For Revenge
Lovers To Strangers
Forgotten Feelings
Second Time Around
Back To Reality
Leaving The Past Behind Us
Measure Of Time
Years Go By
Mad World
Author's Note

Out of the Shadows

108 1 0
By stylaa__

Chapter 4:

Amara Andrea

Of course I had to be the one to tell my brothers. Please protect me Lord. Walking into my room, I take out my phone and click onto our group chat before laying on my bed.

👑HEIRS TO THE THROWN👑

  Quick there's a boy in my room!!! : princess

prince: BOYYYY??????

peasant: On my way!

Before I could put my phone down, my brothers stumbled into my room guns ready to rain down terror on the supposedly 'boy' in my room. "Ah my peasant Angelo, and prince Antonio." I say as they look at me in confusion.

"Where the fuck is this boy and why am I the fucking peasant?" Angelo states.

"There's no boy and Tonio dibs prince." I roll my eyes at him.

"Come come my children, Heir meeting." I usher them to sit at the edge of my bed.

"Angelo, pack your shit, dads kicking you out. I'm sorry I tried to convince him that you wouldn't hurt me because I pulled you off the bed but he said no, you have to go." I plead to him.

"What the fuck are you going on about?", he says while pulling out his phone.

EL CHAPO

Your kicking me out?: Angelo

El chapo: Yes

He puts his phone down with a sad expression. Thanks dad.

"Okay Angelo, chill. I'm only kidding", I tell him laughing in his face. His facial expressions change to anger.

"Hehe, remember that we are basically the same person, so you kill me, you kill yourself." I say hoping his under developed brain would accept it.

"Why are we here sorella?". He plainly states.

"Pack your shit brothers we're going to New York. We are going to the annual charity ball tomorrow night", They stare at me with confusion then they look at each other and laugh.

"We're going tomorrow" Antonio says while pointing at Angelo and himself. "Me and him, Not you".

"Wrong big brother. I will also be attending the ball", I say with pride as if I have accomplished a goal in life.

"EL CHAPOOOOO" They both yelled in unison.

And with that my father fly's through my door frame with his gun looking for danger in my room.

"What the fuck is wrong with you lot?" He shouts at us as he holds Ace in his arms.

"why would you bring Ace in here if you thought there was a threat" I ask taking baby Ace from his arms. He's not a baby but he will always be my baby. He's almost three.

"She is not attending the ball tomorrow," Angelo says to him.

"Your sister is twenty years old now and the most feared assassin in the mafia world. I believe she has proven herself worthy of coming out of the shadows." He replies defending me and his decision.

"It's too dangerous for her, if people find out who she is, which they will, find out that she was behind the kills." Angelo says to our father.

"As I said, she has proven herself worthy. It's time she gets credit for her kills." He tells the two of them.

"Exactly my point, everyone is gonna find out she is your daughter and all her kills were ordered by you." Antonio pleads.

"Giving them more reasons to fear me." He replies.

"Did you guys forget that I'm in the fucking room too!" I shout breaking them out from their staring contest. Ace was just playing with my hair.

"I know the risks of showing my face at the ball, and I know the consequences which I am willing to accept, but I need the support of my brothers, please." I plead staring into their eyes searching for reassurance.

"Okay but you are not leaving either of our sides the entire night." Antonio says.

"Great now since dads here, he can tell you the rest while I go pack my things." I walk towards my wardrobe and place Ace down so he could run around while I pack.

"mommy"

"yes baby" I ask folding clothes.

"I wanna go" I picked him up and cradled him in my arms.

"I'll see you in a couple of days Acey, I promise" I assure him. There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for my little man. Being a single mother has taught me a lot but I also have to remember I'm an assassin and the her to the Italian mafia. I have two major responsibilities and sometimes it does get over whelming and I lose control but I always bounce back.

...

In one bag i have toiletries, essentials, make up bag though i don't really wear but just in case, And my heels and boots. In another bag i have my clothes, mostly jeans, crops, black coats, my iconic black leather jacket that stop at my waist. and a gown for the ball. The last bag is filled with Riffles, handguns, seven different type of knives, four silencers and my drill.

coming out of the closet I see that my father and brothers have left my room, probably going to pack as well. I place a sleeping Ace on my bed and made a pillow barrier for him so he doesn't fall. I look down at my phone and see the time.

7:15pm

We are leaving the house at 8pm, thirty minuets to shower. Plenty of time.

...

8:15pm

BANG BANG BANG

"Get the fuck out of the bathroom Amara, we need to leave", I hear coming from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Fuck off i'm almost done, for fuck sakes" i yell back at the prick.

"Take my bags down to the car ill be right out", I say midway through conditioning my hair.

"We already fucking did, hurry up, everyone is waiting or you in the fucking cars". They yell at me

"Well fuck, just get out of my room, i'm coming" I shout to them.

Fucking hell, i didn't even get to finish my one women concert. FFS. I finished my shower and changed into jeans, hoodie and a matching denim jacket.

I walked out of the bathroom and went downstairs to see Lorna holding Ace waiting for me. I took him from her arms and hugged him tightly.

"I love you my sweet baby boy, I'll see you in a couple of days" I really didn't want to leave him.

"I love you mommy" he says back. I gave him one last hug and handed him back to Lorna.

"thank you Lorna"

"Don't worry about anything Miss Andrea, he will be fine" I believed her as this wasn't the first time leaving him behind. I gave her a smile and made my way to the car and getting int then waving at Ace through the window.

...

The ride was anything but silent and of course i was sitting in between dumb and dumber. With us was Antonio's wife Gianna, my father and my beautiful mother Amelia, she has brown eyes with dark brown curly hair. I took her hair genes while i took my dads light green eyes, same as Angelo. There was no doubt we weren't twins, we were the perfect mixture of my parents. Antonio took our fathers dark black charcoal hair and light green eyes while Amelio took mothers brown eyes and dark brown hair. I love my mother but it hurts to hurt into here eyes because all i see is Amelio.

He would have been twenty four next month. Antonio just turned twenty three and me and Angelo turn twenty one towards the end of the year. We are all close in age, our parents wanted us to be close with each other. and we are. Most of the time.

Through out the drive to our private airport. Yep i'm bragging.

BROKE PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER LAUGH

Wow calm down rage,

Everyone was yelling at me for making them wait for me. It took a second of my puppy dog face for them to start apologizing to me. That's right bitches, bow down.

Arriving at our port, our fathers guards have already scoped the area and checked the plane for explosives. People have tried to plant it before. Luca and his father Dominico who is my fathers younger brother had already been in the plane waiting. Most of my cousins are scattered throughout Italy, some of them are apart of the mafia as members and some are not, same for all of my other relatives. This mafia was built on family, but if you chose to not be apart of it, we will accept the decision because we know this life isn't meant for everyone. They will however still be guarded to make sure they don't break code Omerta. We also will not waste our time on you if you do not want to be here.

Roberto and Dante were the last to board the plane, they are my fathers personal guard. Within an thirty minuets we were off the grown and in the sky. I sat in front of Luca towards the back of the plane and everyone else was towards the front.

It was a nine hour flight to New York and there was no way i am gonna stay awake for that. If i were a normal person i would have taken sleeping pills to make sure that i stayed asleep asleep, but since i'm not a normal person i cannot cause you see god father over there thought it was a great idea to dose us with drugs when we were younger to make us build tolerance towards any substance therefore making us immune to drugs. So Fuck.

During the flight i did manage to get some sleep but then my body turned against my mind and decided to wake up. To past time Luca and i had competitions to see who could take apart and put back together their gun the fastest.

"Beat ya bitch", As I point my gun towards Luca. He has been losing for the past hour now.

"This is getting boring. I don't know why i would ever say this but i think i'm sick of winning" i complained to Luca as i slumped into my chair.

"I'm gonna take a nap so good luck with that Ara" Luca says to me and he lays his head back and drifts to sleep. Ugh, two more hours so i guess i should try and sleep gain. I walk over to the couch and lay across it with my feet up.

...

"Amara wake up, wake up, AMARA WAKE UP!!" I hear a voice as i slowly gain conscience again.

I open my eyes to see my father and Tonio shaking me relentlessly. Worry showed in their eyes as i sat up from my laying position.

"What happened?" I ask them.

"You were saying him name again Amore" Father says to me

"Its okay, i'm fine" I reply.

"I thought we were past this Amara, you said you were better now" Antonio says with sadness hidden behind his eyes.

"I have no idea what your talking about, So lets just drop it and forget this happened"I shrug and pull out my phone to just stare at it hoping they would leave me alone.

"Amara i will not let you run off the rails, not again. I refuse to let you do that to yourself " Antonio pleads to me as he sits beside me.

"As your father it is my duty to protect you Amore, I will not lose you to the darkness again, I told you something when you first decided to become a part of our lifestyle, do you remember what i said?" my father tells me as he kneels in front of me. Being the heartless bitch i am, i didn't say anything to him.

"I told you there would be days where falling into the darkness would feel like your only choice, And i told you to fight that feeling, fight it until you see the light" He says as he desperately tries to make me face him.

"Sorella its okay to cry sometimes, it doesn't mean your weak it means your strong. It means your strong enough to let the emotions in because you know that you will be able to overcome it in the end. But you have to feel it first, stop pushing it aside, Deal with your shit or you will be miserable for the rest of your life" There goes Antonio with his words of wisdom.

"Please Amore, not for us but your yourself. The more you try to hold it in the more it will break you" And there goes dad.

"I already said i'm fine, what don't you understand" I tell them in a stern voice.

"Why can't you just let us in, let me in, I got you" Antonio says,

"what did you just say to me?"

"I got you"

Flashbacks of Amelio from the night of his death started to flood my mind. Memories of his blood on my hands as i held his lifeless body.

"Amara?" Antonio says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Don't you ever say that to me again" I say before getting up to returned to the back of the plane.

Antonio Andrea

I take a seat across from my father knowing that we had to talk about her.

"Its been a year and she still hasn't forgiven herself for his death" He says putting down his pen in defeat.

"She needs a break" I tell him in hopes of helping her.

"That's why i'm sending her to America, I've already spoken to Daimian about Amara and Angelo staying with them and he agrees she needs to calm for a while. Killing all these Russians are pissing them off even more, if they didn't have a reason to attack us before they certainly have one now" He says with worry.

"She's still not opening up as well, I'm afraid when this is over it won't be enough for her. I'm afraid she'll..." He cuts me off before i can finish my sentence knowing that it is a possibility.

"I won't let it come to that" He states as he slams his hand on the table between us.

Shes become ruthless. I've seen it, her clean up team tells us everything. She has made everyone fear her but at this point i'm just scared for her.

...

I wanted to break down her character about for you guys to have a little peek in her mental state for you to understand why she does what she does and how she hides it from the people she loves.

As always vote and comment, love or hate.

Love ya'll

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.2K 41
| 18+ | A grieving student-detective and her bilingual Italian heir. 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐑𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐲 - She is a hard-working college student studying to be...
414K 20.3K 58
Amara Milano. The powerful and lethal. Tristan Harper. The heartless and deadly. Together, the two would be a force to reckon with. Unstoppable. Unt...
601K 12.6K 39
18+ mafia romance She is a daughter of the American Gang leader, a girl that can seduce and kill. But her secrets are bigger than anyone can imagine...
32K 680 32
The Italian Mafia was once filled with joy and laughter. Just until their light was stolen from them. Grace Sophia Moore Rossi was taken from her fam...