Phoebe [BWAM]

By elationwish

"Daddy?" "No, he is not your da-" "Well hello, there little baby." ❀❀❀ Phoebe and her daughter Echo were... More

𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 ❀
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 ❀
𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦 ❀
2❀
3❀
4❀
5❀
6❀
7❀
8❀
9❀
10❀
11❀
12❀
13❀
14❀
15❀
16❀
17❀
18❀
19❀
20❀
21❀
22❀
23❀
24❀
25❀
26❀
27❀
28❀
29❀

1❀

64.9K 1.7K 336
By elationwish

     I wake up with a slight weight on my chest. My eyes are still closed because it's extremely bright outside. I peel one eye open and look at my chest to see my 4-year-old daughter, Echo, sleeping on my chest. Her beige bonnet slightly falling behind her edges. I pull her bonnet back up and reach for my phone on my bedside table. The time is 6:40 and it's a Saturday.

     I start my courses on Monday. I'm majoring in nursing so I could become an RN (Registered Nurse). I look down at my little girl again and she is knocked out sleep.

     I carefully peel myself out of bed so I can start making breakfast without waking her up. I pull the blanket on her again and tuck her in, kissing her forehead. I walk to my bathroom and begin brushing my teeth with my bamboo toothbrush.

     I begin to wash my face when I hear little footsteps peddle against my wood floor.

     "Mommy?" My baby asks, looking up at me while rubbing her doe eyes with her fists.

     "G'morning baby. Did I wake you up?" I coo at her, walking towards her while she makes grabby hands at me.

     "Nuh-uh. I can't sleep without you." She says as I pick her up and rest her on my hip. She lays her hair on my shoulder as I walk back into my bathroom. I kiss her chubby cheek, causing her to burst into a fit of giggles.

     I brush her teeth and set her on the counter right next to the sink. I start to do my skincare routine for the second time this morning before she starts whining.

     "Mommy! I want uppies." She whines, making grabby hands and pouting her lips.

     "Baby, mommy has to wash her face. You can have uppies right after I finish, m'kay?" I say, trying to negotiate with her. She just huffs and crosses her arms across her chest, nodding.

     I finish my skincare routine and pick up my whining toddler from under her armpits. She wraps her tiny arms around my neck and kisses my cheek. I smile at her and walk towards the kitchen.

❀❀❀

     I cooked breakfast with Echo on my hip the entire time. I cooked myself an egg sandwich and I just made her some french toast sticks with maple syrup. She's a very picky eater. Just like her mama.

     I place her in the living room and give her the iPad so I could do some cleaning around the house and take my shower. As I begin to walk towards my bedroom, my phone buzzes from my cardigan pocket. I check my phone and see that I got a text message from both of my best friends. Shaylin, and Nie.

     I put my phone on my bedside table and begin to clean my room.

     Once I finish cleaning my room, I walk back into the living room to pick up my daughter. I grab her from under her armpits and kiss her all over her face while walking into my bedroom, causing her to giggle. I put her on my bed and set pillows all around her so she won't fall. I give her the iPad and put on her favorite show on Netflix.

     I walk into my bathroom and start the water so I could take a shower. I don't lock the door in case I need to get to Echo. I strip from my shorts, a long black t-shirt, and my white cardigan. I step into the shower and begin washing with my vanilla-scented body wash. Since today is a wash day, I don't put my hair in a shower cap and I just leave it out.

     I hear the bathroom door open, making me concerned. I then see little hands appear in front of the curtain and a tiny head following. Little Echo was trying to squish the water with her hands by clenching and unclenching them. Although I'm concerned about how she got off the bed, I'm captivated by the adorable sight in front of me.

     "Baby, what are you doing?" I coo at her.

     "I play with the water, mommy!" She says, flashing her baby teeth at me in a cheesy smile. I softly smile at her and just continue washing my hair and body while she plays with the shower water.

❀❀❀

     After I finish getting dressed and finish doing my hair into my normal curly afro and bangs, I begin to clean the kitchen. There's an opening in front of the kitchen therefore I can see into the living room, making sure Echo is okay while she's playing with her barbies in her dollhouse that's next to the TV.

     A knock on the door startles me as I was washing the dishes. I dry my hands on a towel and walk over to go open the door.

     "Hey girls!" Nie squeals, picking me up in a bear hug.

     "Nie, I literally cannot breathe." I rasp out, feeling constricted in my lungs.

     "I can't help it! I came to see my tiny best friend and her even tinier daughter." She says in a high-pitched voice while finally putting me down.

     "I'm not tiny," I say, rolling my eyes as I watch her run into the living room.

     "Aunt Nie-Nie!" Echo yells jumping into Nie's arms.

     "Babygirl!" Nie yells back, kissing her cheeks causing her to giggle. I smile at the sight and begin cleaning the kitchen once again.

     Nie set's on a movie for her and Echo to watch. I'm cleaning the counter while Nie is laying on her back on the couch with Echo laying her head on her chest. They both seem to be very into the movie about a rat wearing a tuxedo.

      I finally finished cleaning around the house. I'm very grateful for my friends on these types of days because I can't get anything done with little Echo clinging to me all the time. I know I shouldn't let her get this attached to me, but sometimes I get too attached to her too. We've both been through a lot and she's truly helped me cope. Even if she is still just a little baby, she is my world and I don't know what I'd do without her.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Hi guys, how're you all liking the story so far? Please vote and comment. Love you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
10.7K 440 23
Two girls. At school they're total opposites. The cheer captain and the loaner geek. But at home, life isn't all as it's seems. And one teacher, and...
1K 229 42
[FEATURED x5] When Lucy's estranged father dies suddenly, she knows she is not going to have the Senior Year of her dreams - it is definitely not sta...
27.7K 1.2K 54
Three years a widower, Graham Morgan had a lot to juggle with being mayor and raising his six-year-old son. His friends encouraged him to date again...