Long Live Us.

By Sarcasmlevelsarehigh

Hi, I'm Nina Martin. Leaving my first love was, difficult, heart-wrenching, and utterly horrible. This is ou... More

1|The Arrival|
3|Lies, Lives|

2|Torly|

57 1 0
By Sarcasmlevelsarehigh

"So... what film are we watching?" Fabian asked, trying to make conversation.

"Um, whatever's on, I guess," I said, uncertainly. I felt Matt's arm drape around my shoulder, pulling me into his side.  Fabian's eyes glared at us, causing my cheeks to turn a rosy pink. 

"Oh, look! Into the Woods is playing!" She gibbered, "Chris Pines is totes adorbs."

"You do realize that he's over a decade older than you?" I pondered.

"So? David Beckham is way older than us, yet many girls our age want to marry him." She countered.

"Whatever," I playfully rolled my eyes, "you guys okay with it?" They both agreed with incoherent words, so I walked up to the ticket booth.

"Uh, four tickets to Into the Woods?" I said politely to the scary lady in front of me.

"There's only two seats left." She replied monotonously. 

"Ambs?" I called my best friend, "There's only two seats left."

"Oh, that's unfortunate," She frowned, "Oh well, sisters before misters. Ooh I know! The boys can watch Fifty Shades of Gray!" She chortled.

"Great Idea." I genuinely smiled, then asked for two tickets for each movie. I handed them their tickets, and waited for the boys' reaction.

"Um, I thought we were watching Into the Woods?" Fabian asked.

"Oh we  are," I said, interlocking arms with Amber, "Enjoy the movie!" we ran off, laughing.

"I can't believe you actually did that." She smiled.

"Me neither, but I'm happy that we can catch up without glares from the boys." I sighed.

"I totally understand," she continued, "Anyways, give me the deets, how did you and Max meet?" 

"Matt," I corrected, "Um..."

~flashback~

"Miss?," I heard a voice behind me, making me raise my tear-stained face, "are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah," I said, voice cracking, "I-I'm just listening to a really sad song." I lied, the real reason was too painfull to utter.

"There's no music playing." He raised his brow.

"Oh, I was, um..." I said trying not to break down, but I failed miserably. I sobbed onto my knees, mascara running down my face.

"I-It's okay Miss, Um, tell me what's wrong?" 

"I-I left all my friends, everyone I love, and I don't know what to do!" I bawled, "and now here I am, using a random stranger as a therapist."

"Oh, I'm sorry, call me Matt." He said politely, reminding me of the sweet, british boy I'd left behind.

"Nina." I tried to smile.

"Shh... It's okay, I don't even like this shirt." He joked, as my tears dribbled onto his gray attire.

~Flashback over~

"So you met your boyfriend whilst crying about your Ex?" She wondered aloud.

"I guess you could say that," I shrugged.

"The movie's about to start," I whispered, turning off my phone.

"I wonder how the boys are doing," Amber chortled.

"I can imagine," I grinned.

------------

After the movie, Amber and I walked out, spotting Fabian and Matt having a stare down. I immediately ran to them, not wanting conflict in such a public area filled with children, and their strict parents.

                "So... how was the movie?" Amber asked, with a playful smirk.

"We didn't watch," Fabian muttered.

"But those tickets cost $12 each." I frowned.

"Sorry, but Christian Grey, is not my forte." Matt smiled shyly.

"That rhymed!" Amber smiled. We all left the theaters, and looked around for a place to eat.

"Oh, sorry babe, my boss just texted. I gotta go to work." Matt said.

"That's fine, when are you going to be home?"

"Uh, not until tomorrow." He said a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

          "Oh, okay." I frowned, "see you tomorrow I guess?" He kissed my cheek and got in the car.

"Guess we'll have to walk." I playfully scowled. 

"Where do you guys want to eat?" 

"I don't know, you're the one who lives here," Amber pointed out.

"Uh, let's go to Seth's Egyptian Cuisine, I've heard great  things about it," I suggested.

"Sure, fine with me," Fabian smiled, Amber nodding. We ran across the busy street, stomachs grumbling. Prying open the door, we entered the Egyptian themed restaurant. The lady at the counter grabbed some menus, and motioned us to sit down. I scanned the menu looking for something that appealed to my taste buds.

"Um, what are your specials?" I asked the polite lady.

"Oh darling, all our food is special, but I recommend the Torly," She gushed, "It's  a tray of baked squash, potatoes, carrots, onions, and tomato sauce, all of our customers loved it."

"Anything else?" I asked, with a smile.

"Uh, we do have Maḥshi ḥamām," She said, "It's pigeon stuffed with rice or wheat and herbs, then roasted to perfection."

"Uh, I'll just have the Torly," I said, not wanting the nostalgic dish that brought back memories of Corbiere, "How about you guys?"

"I think the tray of Torly will be enough for all three of us." Fabian pointed out. Amber and I nodded in agreement.

"So just one tray of Torly?" I nodded, "I'm Neph and I'll be your waitress." She smiled then walked away.

"Guys, look at the back of the menu," Fabian pointed out, "It says that Seth's Egyptian Cuisine is a family  business that's been here for decades."

"So?" I butted in, "There's a lot of family-owned businesses in Ohio." 

"Well, remember that book about the Egyptian Gods?" I nodded, "Well there was a page that talked about the god Seth, and his wife Nephthys." 

"How on earth do you remember that?" Amber joined the conversation.

"Well, it said that Nephthys is the mother of Anubis." He continued, "It stuck in my head, I guess."

"Now that I think about it, Neph was looking at me weirdly, like she... knew something." I scrunched my eyebrows looking around the medium sized room. I spotted a peculiar inscription on the wall, and grabbed my phone from my pocket. Noticing Neph in the corner of my eye walking towards us with a large tray, I opened the camera app and pretended to take a phone call. Really, I was tilting my head at the best angle to take a picture of the hieroglyphs.

"Here is your tray of Torly." She smiled at us, but was staring at the locket around my neck. I instinctively turned away, and moved my hair subtly, just enough to cover the eye. 

"Uh, I have to go to the washroom." I blurted out the unnecessary fib.

"The washroom's over there." She pointed to the dark hallway. I stood up and started walking through the sketchy hallway. All over the walls were mysterious hieroglyphics. Every step I took, the harder my heart beat. I looked back at my phone,  as a peculiar feeling crept up my spine. I whipped my head around, spotting Neph staring at me.  She immediately looked away, but my curiousity hasn't left my body.

After going to the washroom -I hid there recollecting my thoughts- I headed straight back to the seats. 

"Guys. We have to leave. Now." I said quietly.

"Why? This Torly's delicious." Amber sighed.

"We might be in danger. I know what that says." I pointed to the glyphs.

"How?" Amber asked, incredulously.

"I-I heard voices."

"What did they say?" Fabian asked, curiously.

"I-it said, 'The Paragon is a threat, her life we mustn't let.'"

_______________

ERMHAFAVCVAVARF. BRAD KAVANAGH'S VOICE IS PERFECTION, HIS COVER OF DIANA IS AMAZING. And to the 7 readers who read this story, Thank you for reading this amateurish story. LOVE Y'ALL.

HAPPY NATIONAL PI DAY! POSTED MARCH 14, 2015 AKA 3.14.15

-Kyrstyn

X Sibuna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.7K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
120K 5.1K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...
767K 28.4K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
567K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...