THE UNDERGROUND / GXG (The 10...

Por AlexL12

GxG Lexa/OC A few hours of pain later, Zalia could already see the top of the Polis tower creeping up throug... Mais

Prologue
Characters
The Underground Clan
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15

8

1.7K 75 5
Por AlexL12

Zalia traveled by horse with the two guards assigned to her. Which she has learned they didn't like talking. Or maybe they didn't like talking to her, which she understood since she was still a criminal in the grounders' eyes. They were getting close to the Underground, Zalia knew this road like the back of her hand. It was exciting to be back. She could already see the metal doors that led to the Underground when suddenly an undergrounder woman landed in front of them. Her helmet covered from the top of her nose to her hairline all around her head. She was pointing her rifle to the guards that were beside Zalia, but before they could get down their horses, Zalia spoke up. "Marian, lower your weapon. They're with me."

Marian hesitated but lowered her weapon. Zalia got down her horse and walked over to her, engulfing her in a tight hug. At that, Echo jumped off a tree and landed next to them, startling the guards once again. "I'm so glad you're back." Said Marian. Zalia looked at her and smiled once Marian opened up her helmet. She had watery eyes, and Zalia wiped away a few tears from her sister's cheeks. "I told you I was coming back." Zalia winked at her sister and kissed her cheek. Zalia moved towards Echo, to hug her as well. "Captain, it's great to see you again." Echo said to Zalia while she hugged her. The Captain smiled at her and nodded, silently thanking her for keeping an eye on Marian. "I'm happy to see you, Echo," Zalia said to her friend and warrior.

"Let's go inside, shall we?" Zalia was about to walk towards the entrance but Marian stopped her. "Z, Gunner and his team are inside. They're telling everyone that you helped the grounders lock them up and that the grounders murdered Johnson... the people.. the people are not happy, Z." Zalia nodded and walked to the entrance. The Commander's guards were following her, just like Marian and Echo.

When the Captain walked inside, the guards at the door bowed their head "Captain. Welcome back." they said. She nodded "Hey guys. Good to see you," she said and walked down the familiar stairs. Marian and Echo opened up their helmets since once the doors closed, they wouldn't be able to see anything with their helmets closed. Zalia reached the elevator and they all got in. A few seconds later, the doors opened and they were met with the main hall. Tables were placed all around the huge room. This is were people spent their time outside of work. Chatting, playing board games and watching their children playing and running around.

When Zalia walked out of the elevator, she could see the people looking at her. Many were bowing their heads in reverence, and others walked over to welcome her. Gunner could be heard addressing the hundreds of people that were gathered. "..that is why we have to fight! We cannot hide in fear. We have everything we need to survive right here, we just have to teach them that we will not be their slaves or their servants. We have to fight for our children. Captain Smith has proven that she's on their side, and we cannot tolerate that." Gunner kept speaking while Zalia moved closer to the commotion, her own guards were now removing the people that were standing in the way. Now it made sense why Gunner had basically let himself get caught. It was his strategy to try and overthrow Zalia.

Once the Captain reached Gunner, she said to the guards: "Arrest him." Many of the warriors that were nearby, moved to apprehend him, but his team stood beside him, silently declaring that they wouldn't allow it. Zalia raised her eyebrow at that and spoke up. "Oh, I see." She turned to the people that were gathered, and some of them looked mad at what was happening. "My dear people of the Underground, it is very nice to see you all once again. As you all know, I was captured by the grounders. And I have been in Polis for the past two months. But it was all part of my plan. My closest generals and I have been orchestrating this capture for months. Gunner knew that. He was aware of the plan. And still, he decided to blatantly ignore my direct order. I told him to retreat and let the grounders go since it was necessary for the plan to work. Yet still he decided to continue with his rebellion. That is why you and your team are under arrest, Gunner." The guards started by arresting the warriors that were surrounding Gunner, and then they apprehended Gunner.

Zalia addressed her people once again. "You see, this is not a democracy. I am not here to hear you out and do as you say. I am here to take into consideration your needs along with the survival of the human race and act on that. A captain is not chosen by popularity or by votes. And I hope you respect that above any wants or opinions. Because I do. You all know our history. You all know what hunger for power and money have done to us. You know what democracy has done to our country. I refuse to make the same mistakes as our ancestors. I live for my people. For all of you. And I'd die for all of you. What I am doing, and the decisions I've taken since I became Captain, have been with all of you in mind." She paused for a second as she thought her next words.

"Yes, it is true. We have everything we need to survive, right here. But what about what we need to live? Life should be more than just surviving. Life should be more than just a fight. How many of you would want your kids to die in a war? Because believe me, if we start a war with the clans, it won't end with you. Many of you are willing to die at war for your kids, but what will happen when your kids have to fight the war you started. I won't allow that. I want us to live in peace, I want your kids to go outside and play without fear. I want all of you to see your loved ones again. To reunite with your family that was left behind in your clan when many of you were banished. I don't want us to live underground all of our lives. I want to give you the chance to choose where you want to raise your children. And that is why my plan is for us to become the 13th clan." the Captain said. Many people started whispering, most in agreement, but some were not so happy. "We will begin negotiations with the clans soon. For now, get back to your jobs." Zalia finished and started walking to the Command Center.

*****

If we were to understand the Underground people, we would have to consider that all their past Captains were demanding. Demanding of reverence and respect. They believed that when people feared you, you became stronger. And that is why, if someone didn't bow to them, they would punish that person. If someone was to doubt them, they would punish them. But Zalia was a humble leader. She knew how it felt to have fear, and she didn't want that for her people. That is why the vast majority of the Underground loved and respected her. But a few people believed she was weak. That by not instilling fear in the people, she wasn't a good leader. That is why Gunner had people that supported him because they wanted Zalia out. Gunner's son was favored to be the next captain. And that put Zalia in a complicated position. She was making many changes to the Underground, all according to her beliefs that they deserved to live and not just survive. But some saw that as a weakness.

***

The Command Center was located in the lowest level of the bunker, and only a certain amount of people had access to it. When the elevator doors opened, Zalia could see all of her team standing up and clapping for her. She smiled wide once she saw all of them, she had missed her friends so much. Her team was formed by 13 people. From medics to warriors, chemists, mechanical engineers, and tech specialists, Zalia's team was made up of the elite in each field.

Her best friend, T, walked over to her and smiled. "Welcome back, Cap." She hugged her tight and Zalia hugger her back. "It's not every day I say this.. but I missed you," Zalia said. T laughed a bit at that and nodded as she pulled away. "Oh, I know. This mission had to be really boring without me in your ear telling you what to do." They laughed a bit and Zalia moved forward to hug her team. Once they all greeted her, she started speaking. "The hardest part is over, guys. Thank you all so much for doing such a great job so far, but as you know, our job is not over yet. We still have a long way to go." She smiled a bit and turned back to look at the grounder guards that Lexa assigned to her. "These warriors will be now living here with us for some time. They are my assigned guards from the Commander's army, so let's make them feel at home."

***

That first day back home Zalia focused on her people. She went to the different work stations to see her people and make sure they knew she was back and that everything was okay. Most of the undergrounders were happy she was back. They showered her with gifts and hugs whenever she showed her face in each station. She was exhausted, but she couldn't let herself go to bed early when there was so much to be done. Marian tried to get her to rest, but Zalia was not having it, being back to her Captain self, she wasn't gonna go to bed early.

Late that night she got settled in her room and she grabbed her radio to call the Commander. She had to give her the report and let her know what was going on in the Underground. Their conversation was as formal as it always was. Zalia didn't dare to make a joke right now since she knew it would be hard for the Commander to catch up on it when she couldn't see her face. She joked from time to time when they were in person, but Zalia never saw any reaction. That didn't mean she would quit it. The Commander always seemed down to business, so Zalia was always formal with her but slipped a few jokes here and there even if Lexa didn't react to them. And she understood, she was still a threat in Lexa's mind after all.

"Gunner and his team are locked up awaiting trial. The people are calmed and back to normal, and your guards are doing well. They're settled in the room next to mine. I could give them the radio if you wish to hear from them." Zalia paused for a second and then continued. "In three days I'll be heading over there with my most trusted warriors so you can meet them if that's okay. Over," Zalia finished and let Lexa spoke.

"I'll want to hear from my guards tomorrow. About Gunner and his team... if they didn't follow your orders it counts as treason. That's enough reason to kill them by the thousand cuts. I don't understand why you need a trial for that. And that's perfect. I'd like to meet more of your people. Over," Lexa's voice could be heard throughout Zalia's room. It wasn't as big as you'd imagine the Captain's room would be, but she always felt safe and comfortable in her room. "We do things differently here, Heda. I could explain our justice system when I see you again if you're interested. Maybe you could even visit someday. I'm certain my people would like to meet their Commander. Over," Lexa raised her eyebrow at that. Thinking of how they could make that work. Visiting the underground was a big risk for her and her people, she didn't know what they would find there. But at some point, she'd have to see it all with her own eyes.

——————

☎️☎️☎️☎️ What do you think will happen when Lexa visits the Underground? 👀

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

46.4K 4.7K 97
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
190K 9.1K 52
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
29.1K 659 10
In This Season, Things Get Odder And Crazier! As BroZone Dives Deeper Into Their School Lives, Along With Their New Friends GalZone, They Get Engage...
77.6K 2.1K 25
"𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...