Infatuation (King George III...

By Mochi_De_Llama

"I thought I said not to cause any trouble, my dear." George chimes, playing with something in his vest pocke... More

*Important* Author's note
~1~ Preporations
~2~ The men in red coats
~3~ Solace for the shy
~4~ Pathetic prowess
~5~ Eyes that cut diamonds
~6~ Baking and bonding time
~7~ Pies, flowers, and the sound of dying laughter
~8~ Not so golden feeling
~9~ Breathless Pt.1
~10~ Breathless Pt.2
~11~ Kidnapped by a king
~12~ Sailing away from safety
~13~ Unease
~14~ Reciprocation
~15~ Silent slumber
~16~ Loose threads of a plan
~17~ England Pt.1: Undercover redcoat
~18~ England Pt.2: Arrival
~19~ England Pt.3: Home
~20~ Tea and townspeople
~21~ Shaken up stargazing
~22~ Through the quiet halls
~23~ Common introductions
~24~ The soft sounds of music
~25~ Stories to dream Pt.1 Child-like smiles
~26~ Stories to dream Pt.2 Questions and concerns
~27~ Stories to dream Pt.3 Unreal
~28~ A letter
~29~ My little linnet bird
~30~ Small piece of hope
~31~ Frustrations
~32~ Watching it burn
~33~ Tears in tea
~34~ Closed off confession
~35~ Communication and compromise
~36~ Red and restful reading Pt.1
~37~ Red and restful reading Pt. 2
~38~ Red and restful reading Pt.3
~39~ Soft, quiet, and calm
~40~ Helpful hands
~41~ You're my favorite subject
~42~ Teaching a broken winged bird to fly
~43~ Faltering hope
~44~ Coat of gray
~45~ Fields of green
~46~ The calming senses of hidden guilt
~47~ Golden glint
~48~ To listen, to reason
~49~ Sleepless
~50~ Forever to be dear to you
~51~ Curious questions
~52~ Sorrowful suspicions
~53~ Open, and honest
~54~ Our dearly beloved
~55~ Indecisive
~56~ Mid-day shower
~57~ Quiet moment
~58~ An evening to remember Pt.1
~59~ An evening to remember Pt.2
~60~ A nice little talk
~61~ Hues of white
~62~ Careful eyes
~63~ Life as it happened
~64~ Only you...
~65~ Early morning memory
~67~ A quiet fondness
~68~ Sincerity
~69~ Open up and one's soul will glisten

~66~ Upon fond memories

891 28 25
By Mochi_De_Llama

*Unedited.*
Word count: 3821

Author's note -

It is so good to be back - hello to both old and new friends!

Thank you all so much for everything these past few months - and our reached reads of 150 thousand!?! I am still in shock, but thank you all for sticking with me!

A lot has changed throughout this book, so if you haven't yet, be sure to reread it so you are not too confused.
*Also, if you see any mistakes I may have missed while proofreading, please let me know so I can fix them!*
If you don't feel as though you have the time to, you are also more than welcome to message me and I'll do my best to explain all the major changes.

I'm so excited to jump back into things with you all, and I hope you are hyped for what I have coming.

So please, enjoy!

-Mochi<3

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

Laughter...

Even the greeting of children and their laughter - their carefree day spent in the sun seemed dull. A blade not sharpened under clouds of deep gray rolling along in evershifting shapes one could see if payed enough attention to.

The town was as lively as ever, far off from the docile tones and empty streets of early morning. A broken reflection of busy work needing tending to.
Minds preoccupied, most bodies on a kind of zoned out state of being, a task wanting focus for time of hard days.
And so the streets were sparked to life - from a certain view it was crowded with the market of shifting frames, a sea of people careful not to bump into each other.

Children ran. Children played.
A gentle nature brought out by sincere smiles and goofy attitudes.

Laughter echoed. A symbolic breeze of peace.

Carefree. Almost...

My smile felt hollow - a happiness only felt on the surface and I couldn't seem to snap out of whatever stupor I was grasped in.
Rhymes were sang in serene melodies, hands clapped in some made up game between young ones who didn't mind that they were a bit off key.
They skipped. They ran. They giggled. They chased.

A good day of fun had been settled in motions of games contained to our little street corner free from those not too far away - a spectacle glanced at by older folk who would smile or pass by.

Smaller hands were held between my own - frames skipping in a misshapen circle and many small voices sang the made up song in tandem with one another, a cheery understanding leading to the end of the nursery-like rhythm - where we stopped to throw joined hands in the air for celebration.

They clap, clearly entertained and I found myself to join in, hands fixing the thin shall around my shoulders as celebrations settled.
The breeze was barely acknowledged, a crisp chill sent from the late year air and in the back of my mind I acknowledged the thin fabric not being as warm as the jacket worn earlier -

Stop it...

Stop it...

Stop it...

Lungs grew cold with an inhale.

I needed to stop thinking of it.

"Your highness."

Samuel had been extra kind with each small interaction between us today.

Both he and Warner had kept on eye on me and the children playing before us.

The smile shared on his face was oddly comforting, his stature stopping by my side where he leaned in closer.
"George wishes to see you."

Those three words sent bullet sized shivers.

I nod, trying to recall if the male had ever called the royal by his first name ‐ sharing one glance towards Warner and the soldier I assumed informed them both on the sent request.

"Children, please feel free to continue, however I must excuse myself for a moment." I smile and it was shared through many small faces nodding back.

A calm wave of goodbyes and so longs were sent my way - and the cracks were making an appearance once more, now that I found myself unoccupied.

A hand was raised, the coffee haired male leading me across the street and the general was quick to catch up.

"They seem to have more fun when you're around. The little ones, I mean."
Another calmly spoken surprise from the towering male.

I met with his eyes, lips tempted to lift and I nod in contemplation.

A lonely hole within my tattered spirit hoped he was being truthful.

It wasn't long for Samuel's lead to end with the king coming into view.

But familiarity didn't end with his serene gaze - eyes of pale blue having been engaged in conversation with two people I hadn't seen in some time.

My pause was momentary - a spare second to gather the small smile of nearly instant recognition.
To an outsider it would've seemed silly, feeling some sense of joy from meeting up with two people you had spoken to once before...but to me, it was just nice to find familiar faces within a crowd of uncertainty.

"M'lady!" The older woman held genuine compassion, her calling for me creasing the vague impression of wrinkles lining her face - her deep shade of hair once again placed up into a loose bun behind her head while her frame was dressed up in another simple dress she cared for in her own way.
The couple seemed to almost match in appearance this time too - darker shades of warm fabric layered above lighter under shirts to shield from the cold.
A wool shall was tied around her shoulders. Her husband dawning a simple vest and thicker coat.

My last few paces were quick, yet calm, a curtsy to the couple showing my respect.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, your majesty."
The older man smiles with a gesture to our now small group - if one neglected the soldiers keeping watch.

"A pleasure to you both, as well. What brings you to town?" My question seemed simple, yet earned a small chuckle.

"Saron and myself were just looking around the market earlier when his majesty called for our attention. He was asking how the crops had been doing around our neighborhood, was gracious enough to offer more monetary help if it was struggling-"

"But we were fine." The woman - Saron, cuts in, "We were just thanking him when we all got lost in conversation."

"Saron...that's a very pretty name." I smile. "I don't believe I have ever gotten your names before- would you mind me asking?"

"Oh why thank you. Formally our name is Beaumont, but you can call us Saron, and Richard."

I nod, sharing a glance with the royal beside me.
"And your crops? How is everything regarding what happened?"

"Nothing to worry about." Richard answers, "The trouble was quick to die down after the patrol in the area- we still send many thanks to his majesty and his men for their help. It didn't take us long to have everything fixed up soon after and it has been quiet ever since."

"We're most grateful for the opportunity to thank his highness in person, but we do wish there was more we could do to show our gratitude."

"Thanks is not needed. All that matters is that you all were able to pull through." George answers - my glance in his direction earning a smile that I whole-heartedly returned.

"You're too kind, you're majesty." Saron responds.

"I'm glad to hear that." My words were calm, "May I inquire as to what you both are doing after this?"

"Nothing of too much excitement. We were just about ready to head back home. There's some things we need to tend to in the garden before winter- and with the changes in weather, there is bound to be snow here soon."

"How much is there to do?"

"Well, quite a bit...but nothing we haven't done before." The older woman takes a moment to scratch her head, a recited list of things needing to be done. "The ground needs tending to. The vegetables, parsnips, carrots, and greens need to be looked at and harvested...among other chores."

The feeling was giddy - a different type of butterfly dancing and my features were a match to upbeat intrigue, a homely feeling residing in her statement.

"If it is alright with you both-"
another glance in the king's direction told of his settled amusement.
"and you as well, George...I would love to help out. May I?"

Richard was quick to shake his head - denial carrying through.
"Oh- we wouldn't want to be a bother to someone of your status. Surely you have more important matters to tend to."

His words...stung.

My hands dust off the air.
"Please, don't feel that way. If it were to be a bother, I wouldn't have asked." Even words were careful - fingers pinched.
"I'm usually a fast learner. I do have experience in the fields- I used to help my mother with our flower garden in the summer and spring."

"Well...an extra hand or two would be very appreciated." Saron answers with a chuckle, turning a deep gaze to the royal.
"But are you both certain it is alright?"

His smile was knowing, a kind gaze.
"I do not see anything wrong it."
Our eyes meet and butterflies were long gone.
"As long as you are back home before sundown- and a few guards will accompany you, for your safety."

My smile shines through and Saron bows her head.

"We are forever grateful, to you both."
She says and I found myself nodding.

"Thank you." The kind words were soft - a gesture that led to my hands grasping the male's and the older woman steps back.

"Our wagon is just near the corner. We will wait for you there, your majesty."

Another nod and my attention turns.
"Of course. I'll only be a moment."

She smiles, "Take you time."

"Ainsworth, ready some of your men and an extra horse. I'll need you all to keep an eye on things, help out if the couple needs anything."

The general in question - who stood in silence by Warner and Seabury, nods before turning to a spare soldiers in preparation of his newly acquired task.

"Thank you, George. You don't know how much this mean to me."

A strand of hair was tucked away, blue eye warming the cooled air and his careful features made me melt.
"It was only a feeling."

"A feeling of what?" My response was one of curiosity.

"That you needed a small taste of home...among other things. I cannot offer everything at this moment...but I hold hope that it will mend your worries for the time being?"

"It does..." I wipe the wet edges of my eyes. "Don't let me forget that I owe you one."

"You don't need to pay me back, my love." The royal teases and I shake my head, stepping closer.

"Not even a simple hug?"

George chuckles, fingers grazing the side of my temple.
"Just have fun, and be safe. That is all I ask."

My smile widens - (e/c) eyes glistening and without another word my arms wrap around his torso, the embrace of his warmth shedding a tear across my cheek and my grasp was near the top of his back - silky material held close, my head near his shoulder in a show of needed affection.
He holds me close and it didn't take long for a hand to run through my hair.

"...thank you."

Warm hands were gentle in pulling me back - a calming relief watching my bright, returned smile.
My hair is ruffled in a playful manner.
"Go on. Work hard, and have fun."

I nod, rocking back on my heels.
"I'll see you this evening."
A hand raises, waving to the royal with the steps taken backwards and it was moments later that my frame turned.

"Watch her close, please..." the king mutters soon after, Ainsworth giving a confident nod before stepping off towards the girl almost skipping to the couple.

She is helped onto the back of the wagon - an assumed insistence on her part and it was a simple action that graced the king's features with a smile.
Her hands held her skirt - the unheard question of why she wouldn't rather sit up front one that she denied with a simple answer, and possibly a story from her youth.

The couple climbs into the front, the older woman turned as if talking to the younger girl, who was leaned over with her elbows resting on the back of the seat - and the red clad general sat closely by her side, his hand on her back.

Samuel steps closer. His throat clears as he too watches the wagon slowly inch forward.
"It is nice to see high highness gaining more confidence. It is also nice to see her smile again...she had me worried last night. Not to mention this morning."

George exhales, "Keep that hope close Samuel...for I still hold worry. However, we need to give her time...perhaps...a little more."

°
°
°

~~~ (No one's pov) ~~~

°
°
°

"This walk was supposed to help clear your head. I need you focused today."
Washington's tone was stern, holding a sense of calm and his breath could be seen in the cold air surrounding them.

His black overcoat was thick - much like his knee high boots - covering his usual navy blue uniform and cream colored breeches to help ward off the winter weather that had arrived early in the small American town.
His dark haired companion wore a similar get up consisting of a dark, umber hued jacket.

His hands were in the pockets of his overcoat, finding a way to keep warm as the two males walked through the snow covered pathway - their shoes crunching against the frozen gravel and cold surfaces.

"I am." Hamilton responds lowly, seeming to be in thought as his hands rolled together.
"The meeting isn't until later this afternoon. I'm already prepared."

Washington breathes out once more, looking over at the male who didn't seemed to be bothered by the falling snow that speckled the strands of his long hair having been freed from his ponytail, or the crisp breeze that kept most everyone awake.

"You know that's not what I'm talking about." The general responds calmly, meeting with the furrowed brown eyes of his comrade and his head tilts back just enough to show a sense of concern before his gaze falls to the less than perfect scenery of dark fields being glossed over with pure white and dusty grays.
Many folk were busy clearing away piles of snow to begin their usual later day chores in the pastures and gardens - each bundled in warm layers.
"Your wife came to see me today."

The phrase made the shorter male raise a brow, his voice of dulled surprise dry and held back.
"She's still worried?"

"She has every right to be." Washington responds, seeming more tired than most days.
"Alexander, if you only heard the things she had said to me-"

"I have heard of her worry."

"But have you listened? You need to put most of these things aside."

"Just like most everyone else?" The shorter male snaps quietly, his eyes scanning anything but the male who walked by his side, and he clears his throat out of nothing more than forced habit.

"You've been rambling about it again- you've combed through all your notes and pieces of evidence like your hunting down some criminal. Elizabeth says what you're doing is passed a concerning point for her, she wants you to stop, to rest...you're not listening to her. To anyone."

Hamilton scoffs, cracking his fingers back. "I'm just making sure we haven't missed anything." He responds, the two stopping outside a house they had been to on many occasions the past couple months, and Washington furrows his brow - his head shaking as they watch a female figure from afar.

"You've been through everything many times, I'm sure you would've seen something by now." He tries to reason and the male sighs.

A moment bore silence.

A moment was taken to think.

A moment stood still.

"I hate it...not having anything new to tell them - bad news or not, at this point it would almost seem better than nothing." Hamilton whispers softly in a defeated tone, his chest taking in a breath before he strides forward.

"You can't keep promising them things." Washington speaks up as he follows the male, his tone one that was reminiscent of a scolding parent, and yet, Hamilton seems to ignore him as he continues through the cold snow.

His gaze was on a tall, thin young lady dressed in a simple, light yellow dress faded with floral detailing. Her shoulders were covered with a thin gray shall, strands of short hair falling to rest just above her back.
Her head was tilted as if to look up at the sky with closed eyes - the gentle snowfall hitting her face and unshielded hands, which were upon her chest.
Her head soon fell as the two men stopped near her - a tired breath leaving the air with warmth for a split moment.

"Good evening...gentlemen." She speaks up in a kind tone and Washington nods.

"Ms. (L/n)."

"There's no need to be formal. You should know by now that Lou is more than fine." The woman tries to joke with a small smile, her hands folding in front of her as though she had taken notice of the cold.
"Is there anything I can help you with? You can come inside if you'd like."

"Thank you, but we can't stay long." Washington responds, "We were just checking in, does your family needed anything as of late?"

"Are you all holding up alright?"

Lou looks between the two, her eyes gentle and compassionate, though she took a some time to respond.
"We're doing...as good as we can, trying to keep a routine, though the boys still haven't fully processed everything. And mother...she hasn't let the shall she wore that evening out of her sight." Her chuckle was forced, weak...dry, the edges of her lashes brimming with unseen tears of courage. Her exhale was shaky, bitten back.
"They try so hard to be happy- we all do, but at the end of the day...it never feels the same."

"Is there anything you need?" Washington asks slowly and the female dries her eyes, maintaining her composure as she shakes her head and exhales.

"The only thing we need, is to know she'll come home safely." Lou's answer was almost bitter, but it only lasted a moment before it was replaced with defeat.
"It's more...quiet, at our home, and it's almost funny to say but..." she swallows hard, her gaze falling to the ground before she turns and looks at the window that contained her once shared room.
It was dark even under the weak rays of sun. "you never truly realize the small things, the many small things about someone...the gestures they'd make, the things they'd say, their laughter or their tears. It is the moments you might not think much of until they're gone- when those lasting memories are the only things you have to hold onto...because a part of you knows that if you let those go...then the person you cherished will be gone forever."

"Please...don't give up hope." Hamilton's response was hidden with desperation. "Know that were giving it our all. We'll find her...I promise you that."

A glance was given by Washington - unseen insecurity leading to a more solemn gaze.

The female smiles as though the action were a cover that caused her to look back at the opening door of the house behind her.
The older woman stepped out, gesturing to the girl with a simple beckoning of her hand and a wave in the three's direction.
Like Lou had said, in the mother's hands was a sheer, embroidered white shall. A memory of haunted events held close.
"We know...we cannot thank you enough for the time you've given. But please, don't forget about your duties...your families." She speaks up, eyes glossed over with emotion sewn into collected thoughts.
"If you'll excuse me."

"Good day to you, and your loved ones." Washington gave what he wished was hope and the female nods, bowing her head before her frame departs.

Their frames were stiff, Hamilton taking a moment to swallow back an insult towards himself.

The clearing of houses was quiet with the play of distant children. The breeze of calm snow fluttering to the ground in mockery.

It would've felt peaceful. It would've felt homely if it weren't for the knowledge of what was missing - what had been missing.

"Listen..." Washington was the first to speak up - the minute of silence broken by shifting gravel under the heel of boots. "it may not be what you want to hear, but there is only so much we can do. We have very little to work with."

"I am aware." Hamilton retorts, having been quick to catch up with the male who was now walking away. "However sir, with all due respect...I've worked miracles with situations more dire...I know I can find her, I just need time."

"Time is something we do not have. Nor does Ms. (L/n)." The general's demeanor was closed, calm, his head held high in spite of the dreary cloud cover.

"Sir, you can't be serious? After everything we have seen?"

"Hamilton, playing the hero will not fix everything. This isn't war-"

"Her family is in pain." The darker haired male stops, earning Washington's gaze and the older man raises a brow of irritation at the hand pointing towards the house behind them.
"You can't just expect us to give up. And tell them what?"

"Hamilton-"

"We tried our best? We may have little, but we can still work with what evidence we have." The male protests - voice raising an octave and to those looking closely, you could see a flicker of desperation in brown eyes.

"And tell me..." Washington exhales and the male before him grew tense.
"What drive do you have?"

"What?"

"Why do you care about this so much? Do not take my words as cold...for they are not, just give me an honest answer."

Hamilton was slow to shake his head - ground taken and his shoulders fall to allow his hands to hang.
Eyes were focused on the ground.
"Because no family deserves that...that feeling." His answer was slow. "No family should have to sicken themselves with unknowns. I wasn't so lucky as a child...but just knowing I could make a change here- help them...sir, she's out there I just know it."

His hand was gentle, placed upon the shorter male's upper arm for reassurance and his eyes shift up to meet the general's.
"Killing yourself off won't bring her back home safely. It may seem cruel, but there is only so much we can do. We're human, not God."

"Sir-"

"Alexander." His expression softens to one resembling a lost father figure. "Take a walk, clear your head. After today's meeting you are to take the next few days off. I won't stop you from holding onto hope, but I will also not stand idly by while you burn the candle at both ends. Spend time with Elizabeth...we can look it over when you come back."

"Of course...of course, sir." Hamilton clears his throat.

"You realize we may not find anything new, right?"

The male nods stiffly.

Washington exhales.
"Just...keep her memory at peace- hope she is not in pain. And maybe...maybe we'll be able to bring her back home."

"We need to..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 870 39
#1 in millionaire #1 in Cinderella 💐🌸 Once upon a time in the land of Lahyana, wait scratch that, my story doesn't start like one of those clichéd...
810K 66.3K 39
"This story is WOW!!! How I wished it didn't come to an end!" - chysungal "Did you kidnap me?" he asked. Gigi's eyes widened and she shook her head...
360 2 22
Once upon a time lived a little princess, she was loved greatly by the King and Queen, her doting parents. The little princess was once so happy. Unt...
759 34 8
You have just moved back to Tokyo, Japan after moving to Seoul Korea for a few years. Your father got a new job offer back in Tokyo, and with no hesi...