š—–š—µš—®š˜€š—² | āœ“

By Dorothea28

"šˆ š¤š§šØš° š”šžšššÆšžš§'š¬ šš š­š”š¢š§š , šˆ š šØ š­š”šžš«šž š°š”šžš§ š²šØš® š­šØš®šœš” š¦šž" .. Celeste Re... More

Aesthetics āœØ
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Epilogue
Bonus!
šŸ“£

Chapter-9

87.1K 3.4K 685
By Dorothea28

ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ, sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ
'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ
....

After changing my clothes and I walked out, taking a seat beside Luke. I snatched the remote from him and turned the TV off.

"No!" He protested.

"I have something to show you." I take my phone out, opening the gallery.

"What?" He grumbled.

"Look at our pictures!" I show him the pictures Rome and I clicked.

"You..you.." He opened his mouth then closed it, opening again. "You met Rome Rodriguez." He said, shocked.

"Is he famous? He said he plays.." I trail off.

"Famous? He's the fucking captain of New York Giants!" He exclaims, throwing his hands in air.

"Uh..wow."

"Are those pictures edited? I swear to god if it's a prank, I'll kill you." He warns.

"I'm not even good at editing." I roll my eyes. "I didn't know he was..so famous?"

"You're living my life." He sighs.

"By the way, Rome bought that burger you ate." I tell him.

"He WHAT?!" He yelled.

"Shut up, He's sleeping!" I frown.

"Oh yeah!! What is he doing in there? Did you two fuck or something?" He asks, still talking in that loud voice.

"First of all no, and second, what the fuck?"

"That's what the question is about: fuck."

"He has a fever, that's why he's sleeping in there and he came to talk."

"You can tell me."

"Shut up." He shrugged and snatched the remote back. "Who's cooking dinner tonight?" I ask him.

"Not me, obviously."

"Takeout?"

"I forgot to tell you, I'm going out with Malea tonight."

"Who's Malea?"

"The girl I'm seeing."

"Is that your code of fucking?"

"Nope, I like her." He shrugs.

"Does she like you?" I ask, looking at him curiously to which he rolls his eyes.

"I don't know. She gives mixed signals." He sighed.

"You're a good guy, she's blind if she doesn't like you!" I assure him. He is a good guy, well most of the times.

Luke left a little after we watched some TV, deciding against takeout, I made chicken soup. Chase is having a fever anyways. Isn't soup sick food?

Turning the stove off, I went back to my room.

"Hey Chase, wake up." I call him.

I try waking him up a few more times but to no avail. I walk a little closer to him and touch his forehead. He's burning.

"Chase wake up!" This man is giving me panic attacks on regular basis now. I ran back to the kitchen and took a bowl and some cold water. Walking back, I grabbed some hand towels from the closet and kept it on his forehead after soaking in thd cold water.

I've been changing the cloth for 20 minutes and his temperature hasn't gone down a bit.

"Wake up please." I'm on the verge of crying. Last time I took care of someone sick was well, never. Luke never falls ill and if he does, he stays at his parents'.

I didn't notice him till he moved his hand I had a death grip on. He can't die, what if I get arrested for killing him? What if- When I was panicking, he opened his eyes.

"Oh thank fuck." I breathed in relief.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his voice raspy from sleep.

"You! You idiot man. You've got a fever, your body is burning up. I've been trying to lower down the temperature for last 20 minutes and you are not waking up. Do you even-" I stop when I notice him smiling.

"Seriously? You're smiling? I'd punch that smile off your face if you weren't sick. Espèce d'imbécile." I say in his favourite word he called me for the whole last year. [Translation-Idiot.]

"Espèce d'imbécile." He corrects my pronunciation. Idiot.

"Shut up. We should go to the doctor."

He frowned. "No. I'm fi-" I shoved the thermometer in his mouth. He is still frowning adorably but with a thermometer in his mouth.

I take it out after the beep. 102 F.

"You're not fine. We should go to the doctor or..or call a doctor?"

"I don't need a doctor. I'll be fine. I'll go home, I just need some sleep." He says, brushing me off and tries to stand up.

"My head hurts." He held his unruly hair.

"You're sick for fuck's sake! Sit your ass down." I push him down on the bed. "If you're not going to the doctor, then I'll bring you the soup I made and you'll take the medicine and rest."

"No."

"I wasn't asking." I say as I walk out of the room. Reheating the soup, I pour it in the bowl and take it back to my room.

"Here." I give the tray to him but he makes no move to take it.

"Feed me."

"Not this again." I sigh, he flinches.

"I'm sorry about yesterday."

"No, no, no, it's fine. I understand, I just." He takes a deep breath then looks inside the bowl.

"What is that?"

"Chicken soup."

"I'm not eating that." He makes a face.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

He turns his face. I'll shove it down his fucking throat if he keeps throwing tantrums.

"I'll just call your-"

He cuts me off and narrows his eyes. "Why are you always threatening me with my mother?"

I roll my eyes. "Because you're stubborn as heck."

"I don't want to eat." He whines.

"It's spicy."

"Wha-" I put the spoonful in his mouth. He shakes his head disapprovingly. "You're extra grumpy when you're sick." I say.

"What do you mean extra? I'm not grumpy at all." He huffs. Yeah, he's totally not.

I push another spoonful towards him and he turns his face, causing the soup to fall on his shirt.

He jumps in surprise and yells, "It's hot." Taking off his shirt in the moment. He wraps the blanket around him, covering his head. He looks too fucking adorable for an almost 30 year old.

"Okay, now eat like a good boy." This time doesn't protest and eats all while staring at me.

I look at his bandaged hand. "You didn't get the dressing changed?" I ask.

"It needs to get changed too?" Oh my god, this idiot man.

"Obviously it does. Stay put, I'll be back."

I keep the dishes back in the kitchen and take the first aid kit with me. "Gimme your hand." He takes out his hand out of the blanket.

I quickly change the bandages, the cut is pretty big and the fact does not settle well with me knowing that I caused him that. I give him some Motrin and water.

After taking the medicine, he lies down again. I cover him with the blanket and I don't know why but I kiss his cheek.

His whole body tenses for a second but then he relaxes and holds my wrist.

Calm down heartbeat.

He then points to his left cheek, the one I didn't kiss. "That was nice. Do it again." He says.

I hope he can't hear my heart beat, it's fucking racing right now. I just kissed my boss.

I hesitate but he looking at me expectantly so I bend down and kiss his left cheek.

"Good." He smiles and turns around, closing his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 125K 51
#1 in Assistant - 14.12.2019 #1 in Billionaire - 20.12.2019 #10 in Romance - 23.12.2019 #2 in New Adult - 23.12.2019 #1 in Hurt - 26.12.2019 #5 in Fu...
46.5K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2Ɨ on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
174K 10.2K 17
Melinda Davis, a soon to be divorcee, Who swears never to give love a chance again, broke that rule when she falls madly in love with her driver. 54...
16.6K 607 14
A highly recognized and highly respected CEO finds herself in a predicament with her newest assistant. Being notorious for not having the same assist...