The Villainess Just Wants to...

By chiloren

Dylan de Beaumon, the adopted daughter of a Duke, recalls the memories of her past-life after hitting her hea... More

๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ’
Chapter 5 ~ One Pain With Another
Chapter 6 ~ Home on the Hill
Chapter 7 ~ The Male Lead's Resentment
Chapter 8 ~ Enough Love For a Lifetime
Chapter 9 ~ Flowers and Clear Skies
Chapter 10 ~ Welcome to Faerchester
Chapter 11 ~ Vulgar Blood
Chapter 12 ~ The Nature of Their Hearts
Chapter 13 ~ Friends or Foes?
Chapter 14 ~ Tea and Tears
Chapter 15 ~ I Won't Fall For You
Chapter 16 ~ Not Yours
Chapter 17 ~ Manipulation
Chapter 18 ~ Twisted
Chapter 19 ~ Masks
Chapter 20 ~ Rain and Intention
Chapter 21 ~ Tea Parties and Gardenias
Chapter 22 ~ Burns and Bruises
Chapter 23 ~ Kiss Me
Chapter 24 ~ Don't Love Him
Chapter 25 ~ Investments
Chapter 26 ~ Lips
Chapter 27 ~ Mom?
Chapter 28 ~ Caspian's Dreams
Chapter 29 ~ Blood Ties
Chapter 30 ~ White Roses
Chapter 31 ~ The Truth and Gin
Chapter 32 ~ Love Triangle
Chapter 33 ~ The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 34 ~ The Storm
Chapter 35 ~ The Gamemaster's Proxy
Chapter 36 ~ Before the Ball
Chapter 37 ~ The Night of the Ball
Chapter 38 ~ The Emperor's Seal
Chapter 39 ~ Sabotage
Chapter 40 ~ Cadence's Chess
Chapter 41 ~ You and I
Chapter 42 ~ Scream
Chapter 43 ~ Each Other
Chapter 44 ~ I Missed You
Chapter 45 ~ The Next Empress
Chapter 46 ~ The Court of Nobility: Part 1
Chapter 47 ~ The Court of Nobility: Part 2
Chapter 48 ~ The Court of Nobility: Part 3
Chapter 49 ~ The Final Verdict
Chapter 50 ~ Forgiveness and Hatred
Chapter 51 ~ Clouded Skies and Memories
Chapter 52 ~ Return to Faerchester
Chapter 53 ~ Run Away With Me
Chapter 54 ~ Look At Me
Chapter 55 ~ Pawns
Chapter 56 ~ I Love You
Chapter 57 ~ Dreams
Chapter 58 ~ The Assassins Guild
Chapter 59 ~ Complete Control
Chapter 60 ~ What It Means to Love Someone
Chapter 61 ~ The Red District
Chapter 62 ~ A Promising Deal
Chapter 63 ~ Destruction
Chapter 65 ~ Midnight
Chapter 66 ~ I'm Sorry
Chapter 67 ~ Pawn
Chapter 68 ~ Domicile
Chapter 69 ~ The Glimmer of a New Beginning

Chapter 64 ~ Usefulness

7.8K 399 35
By chiloren

"Don't touch me," Dylan said. A range of emotions flashed through her brown eyes—distrust, anxiety, guilt and regret. "You went too far, Laikin."

"You don't have to love me half as much as I do you," he replied. A shudder ran through her as his grip on her arms tightened just a bit. "You don't have to love me at all. Just stay by my side."

"Release me." Nearly blind with anger, she struggled further, which only made him tighten his grip more. "I don't belong to you, nor shall I ever be your wife."

Eventually, he loosened his grip enough for her to pull free. She staggered backward, nearly tripping over her skirts. As she teetered on her heels, he quickly thrust out his hands and grabbed her by the waist to prevent her from falling backwards.

"You're not sane any more," she said. "Didn't I tell you to keep your hands to yourself?"

"I become a crazed man when it comes to you," Laikin muttered under his breath. His gaze flickered to her mouth. "You're mine, your lips belong to me."

"I think you're truly delusional, I have no doubt about it."

"If I cannot have your heart," he whispered, "give me your soul, your strength, and your mind." His hands grasped her waist, pulling her closer. "Give yourself to me."

"What on earth makes you think I would do such a thing?" she asked. Dylan longed to hit him, to pound some sense into him. "You know only the wrong things, Laikin."

'And it breaks my heart.'

Laikin furrowed his brow looking at her, lost deep in thought. He knew how to do a lot of things. But no one had ever questioned him.

He knew how to measure people up, down to the millimeter, so he knew how to rip them apart. He knew how to pick his targets, learning their weaknesses and mercilessly exploiting them. He knew how to use someone's body and soul. But he did not know love.

"You only know how to use people," she said. "What a pity it all is. You and I were only taught how to hate and survive."

Dylan gazed up at him. For a moment, his blue eyes held a gentle light she'd never seen there before. He was watching her like she was his last lifeline.

Here was a man who was bred and raised in a cold environment. He had been a lonely child, doing everything possible to get the attention and love of his parents, but never could.

After a miscarriage, the Marchioness of Frederique discovered she was infertile and unable to have a child. Desperate for an heir, she raised and adopted her own nephew.

But she was unable to overcome the grief that came from losing her own child. And she could not bring herself to love Laikin like her own.

Laikin was only praised and acknowledged when he did something well. When he was useful as an heir. So, he began to view people as nothing more than tools to be used and then discarded once they've served their purpose.

'Neither one of us know how to love.'

"I can't say that I love you," she said, burying her face against his chest. He smelt like a mixture of mint and apples. "From what I see, you're hurt, Laikin. And I can't be the one who heals you."

"Why?" he muttered. His eyes glazed and his hands fell limp at his side. "We could teach each other how to love."

"You have to know what you are going to teach."

She grabbed onto him, keeping her eyes closed and her face pressed into his chest. He didn't hug her back, but her hug felt warm and genuine to him.

"Maybe in another life, I could've loved you," she said. Her hands clutched the back of his jacket. So tightly, that if he tried to step away he wouldn't be able to. "But in this life, you need someone who knows what love is."

'Someone like Grisa. You need someone utterly pure and incorruptible. You need her.'

Dylan thought Grisa was admired for her charm and personality. But she finally understood how wrong she was. What made her so remarkable was not the love she received, but the way she loved others.

"You're more than a useful tool," Dylan said. "Please remember that."

Dylan finally let go of his body as she stepped away from him. She met his eyes and flinched. Tears pooled in his blue eyes.

"You're going to do wonderful things, my sweet boy," she said. She reached out and took Laikin's face in her hand and wiped away his tears with her thumb. "Don't let anybody tell you what to do. Don't let anybody tell you how to live your life."

They were words her mother had once said to her. They had carved their way into her heart. And now she was sharing them with him.

He stared into her eyes for a long moment before he bent and gently kissed her forehead. "I love you, Dylan," he said.

She paused. "Thank you for loving me when I can't even love myself."

And then she was gone. She'd just left him alone in the garden.

***

"Cadence, have you been waiting long?"

He shook his head, and strands of brown hair fluttered in front of his eyes. He leaned against the wall and watched her. Even so, he looked handsome enough to make her heart flutter.

Cadence frowned, his eyes raking over her tear-stained face. He wanted to kill whoever did this to her.

"I'm fine," she said, noticing his serious expression. "Let's go back, okay?"

As they walked along they came across huge rosebushes of every colour possible. He picked a brilliant pink flower from a bush and smiled.

"What is it?" Dylan asked.

She etched the look on his face into her memory. She didn't want to forget his smile. She wanted to keep it with her forever.

"For you," he signed. He slipped the tiny pink flower into her hair behind her ear. "Beautiful."

'How do you manage to make me feel like this?'

Her heart felt as if it were going to burst from her chest. She needed him, oh God, how she needed him. And he needed her.

Dylan glanced up at the window to Edwin's bedroom as they walked. She still couldn't bring herself to face him.

'Tomorrow. I'll tell you everything tomorrow, grandpapa.'

When she reached her room, she immediately crawled into bed. She yawned, smuggling her head into the pillow.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" she asked softly, her voice a whisper. "I don't want to be alone right now."

Cadence looked into her big brown eyes and melted. When he thought of her request, he couldn't help but reveal an embarrassed reaction. But somehow he was reluctant to say no.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey readers! Starting today, I will be updating every 3-4 days. Also, character sketches for the webcomic have finally been done. Can't wait for you guys to see the prologue chapter.

Love,
Your Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795K 29.5K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
139K 4.6K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
17.8K 392 15
It was just like any typical protagonists' lives, Ron and Elisa were famous for their natural beauty and for being the top scorers in college. Studen...
21.1K 821 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...