Animal

By ImAProfessional0

When backed into a corner, an animal has two options: kill, or be killed. When backed into a cliff, however... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11

3

173 5 0
By ImAProfessional0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I'm not lying, dad," Alfred said. Kiku stood next to him, on the doorstep. Arthur looked between the two of them warily, "Kiku has this super sick convention and has two tickets."

Arthur raised a brow, "Was this the original 'football game'?"

"Yes," Alfred sighed, playing weak. He bowed his head. Kiku looked away, managing to look just as guilty, "it's a few days long and I didn't know if you'd let me go if I didn't lie. I'm sorry."

Arthur let out a deep breath.

"You can go," he said, "I was hard on you this morning, and I understand that. But, you have to text me every hour. Deal?"

"Deal!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around him, "Thanks dad! You're the best!"

"And no alphas!" Arthur called as they ran down the driveway to Kiku's car. Kiku, a beta, giggled, "Kiku you better watch him!"

"I will, Mr. Kirkland!"

Alfred tossed his suitcase in the trunk beside Kiku's and jumped into the passenger's seat. Kiku had already started the car.

He slammed the door, "Drive! Drive! Before he changes his mind!"

Kiku laughed as they drove down the street, passing onto the highway to the Belpaese, a small gated community on the cliffs that the Vargas clan lived in. He thought the entire place was silly, but the roman-esk architecture was really pretty.

He punched in the gate code. The large gates didn't even whine as they opened, allowing their tiny silver Honda entrance into the community.

Most of the people who lived here also had homes in the city, where they spent most of their time. This was just where the two sons of the late Julius Vargas were born, and, being the rich sons of the richer man, built this community after his death for the children they hadn't even had yet. At least flaunting their riches had given them a beautiful omega and beta woman. Even then, though, they still hadn't had very many children. Not for normal packs, at least. Then again, they were loaded. They could do whatever.

"Is Chestibor coming to this?" Kiku asked him, as they pulled up to the biggest house in the community.

Alfred snorted, "He's never come to these meetings."

"Isn't he the head of the-"

Alfred shook his head, "Always been Katya. Will be Katya until Ivan has pups."

Kiku gave a small smile, "Your pups will be cute."

"As if," Alfred smiled coyly. To be honest, he'd been toying with the idea in his head. Kiku smiled even wider, his eyes a little brighter, if not a little shocked by the response.

"I'm glad Ivan is helping you heal."

Alfred looked down at his hands.

"Me too."

They parked in the driveway of the Patriarch Vargas- Romulus' house- leaving all their stuff in the car. They had made it before Ekaterina did, at least.
Remus and Romulus greeted him and Kiku as graciously as ever, obviously wanting them to side with them even though he was the boyfriend of the brother of the sister who was visiting them. Vladimir, their omega son, just looked increasingly uncomfortable as his father rambled on and on about his virginity. Alfred just smiled and nodded, pretending to agree with the aging alpha.

"I mean," Remus sighed, "I'm sure you understand, being an omega and all. If you went into heat and lost your chastity to some random alpha, you wouldn't be all that happy, now would you? But what if you knew that alpha, and your parents knew that alpha and that they could provide for you- that would provide some comfort, right?"

Alfred's smile briefly faltered, "Choice provides comfort. If you agreed to someone's hand just because they could 'provide' for your son, there wouldn't be much comfort. Haven't heard any input from you, Vladimir. What do you say about all of this?"

Vladimir glanced up from where he was twiddling his thumbs.

"Well, in our packs we're the same rank," he said, "and I don't care that he's not rich."

"Not even employed," Remus said through his teeth, "fresh out of college with no job offers. What does he have a degree in? Liberal arts?"

Vladimir shrunk, "Technology management."

Alfred whistled, "Don't worry, Mr. Vargas. He'll get a job and get rich in a few years. Everyone needs a guy who knows that now."

"Um... sirs," the maid said, "Ekaterina and Nikolai have arrived."

Romulus perked up from where he'd been trying to be swallowed by the armchair, "Well, invite them in! Of course. I tell this lady-"

"Romulus, shut up," Remus groaned.

Ekaterina walked in, Nikolai behind her with his head bowed. She sat down in the chair that Romulus directed her too, Nikolai sitting beside her. She gave a small smile to Alfred. He smiled back. Remus grumbled something to his brother.

He clapped, standing up, "Well, now that everyone has arrived, the groom shall now state his case to the father of the bride."

Nikolai looked up at Remus, gulping.

"I, um," he stuttered, "I understand I do not have very much to offer this family, being as they are incredibly rich, but do try to understand that I have many qualifications that would make me an asset to have. Not only would the marriage between me and your son bring our families closer, and stop the unnecessary fights that regularly occur between our clans, my pack is also involved heavily in-"

"Drinking?" Remus cut him off, raising an eyebrow, "And believe me when I say, we don't want Braginski blood in our family."

"Then it might help that I'm a Hinova," he gave a small, uncomfortable smile, "and that my alpha mother has many connections in the shipping trade, and my omega father has connections to law."

"Connections to law being your drunk Head of House?" Remus replied. Ekaterina sighed.

"Despite my father's incredible knack for drink, that doesn't stop him from being one of the best lawyers in the state. If you ever have legal trouble, you would want the rates that he applies to family," Ekaterina smiled, "and trust me, I know you want the rates after little Sebastian gets put back on parole."

Romulus bristled. Alfred stepped forward, making his presence more known.

"My cousin might not have the blood or employment or home you would prefer for your lovely omega son," she said, "but that doesn't mean his connections are bad. Especially compared to you, still living off your fathers dwindling inheritance, and the drug trade you've been getting beaten out of."

"Oh why you little," Alfred put a hand on his chest, stopping Romulus' actions. Remus wasn't quite bristling- in fact, at some point, he'd started nodding along to what she was saying, but he could still tell he believed the jab at their father's inheritance had been slightly out of bounds, yet still true.

"What is wrong, Romulus?" Ekaterina asked, tilting her head, "Can't handle the truth? My dear Hinova-Braginski cousin can offer you so many connections because the Braginski clan built themselves from the ground up, instead of on the backs of others, riding a high that will eventually all come crashing down."

Romulus growled, a deep rumble that rippled all throughout his chest before seething through his snarling mouth like cigarette smoke. Alfred pushed back on him a little harder, feeling a shiver run up his spine. Despite his old age, Romulus was definitely in shape.

Remus frowned, pulling back and bowing his head.

"Move, omega," Romulus growled, and Alfred began growling in turn, pushing with all his strength. Romulus took a step back, glaring down at him as if he was some sort of bug.

He hardly registered what had happened as he felt the punch connect to his eye. His ears rang to the point he could hardly hear, his mouth pulled into a breathy hiss. He'd been hit hard enough to definitely cause a bruise, and blood dripped into his eye from where his eyebrow had been slit.

He heard yelling. He looked at his attacker, who was still standing and growling at him. Remus held his brother's arm, trying to drag him out of his frenzy. It wouldn't work. Alfred smiled, a far off look in his eyes as if he was reminiscing, and Romulus rushed him once more.

He didn't get another hit in. Alfred moved as if he was a constrictor, wrapping around his enemy and moving in and out, tangling him in his own body before he landed a final, downing strike to his throat. Romulus fell, clinging to his bruising throat.
Alfred looked over at Remus.

"Your agreement to the dowry?"

"Confirmed."

"Perfect," Alfred said, nodding his head to Vladimir, who embraced his father, crying, before running over to his groom.

"I wanted to see how long it would take until the jackass over there got pissed off," Remus gave a crooked smile, "much respect to your work, Katya. You make our drug trade look like child's play. I have respect for any omega who can manage to do it better than us alphas. Good on you, too, Alfred. If you want, I can get the maid to clean your wound."

"I'll live," he replied, giving a small bow, "I will be staying with the groom until the wedding is confirmed. What is your timeline?"

He hummed, "I want him married before the moon rises full. I can do it in two days."

He looked over at Katya.

"Three days."

"Deal," Remus said, looking over to his brother, "thank you for agreeing to offer a dowry. Your connections will prove extremely useful. They might even make it possible for us to merge our trades-"

"Don't get ahead of yourself," Ekaterina smiled, and Remus laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course," he said, "I will see you in three days. Vladimir, please stop kissing your fiance, we have to get your clothing fitted immediately."

Vladimir, sobbing, nodded, before running into another room. Remus grabbed his brother by the ankle and dragged him into another room before the maid escorted them back to their cars. Kiku trailed behind the two talking omegas with Nikolai, still playing animal crossing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 76 12
I thought being kidnapped by heartless scientists was the worst thing that could happen to me. I was wrong. Being rescued by a massive teal alien a...
2.4K 182 14
kim Taehyung, a powerful business elite from the 21st century, dies and gets transmigrated into the body of a beautiful good-for-nothing omega from...
93.1K 4.4K 55
The Hookhill Chronicles, p:1 You know when people say how it's like love at first sight when seeing their love for the first time? You look him in th...
121K 7.7K 52
VegasPete FF/AU Pete Pongsakorn Saengtham an Omega who decided to work at the age of 18 to support his two younger siblings and mother as his father...