Here & Now

By novelsbydior

Best-friends since diapers, Sadie and Jodie were each-others better halves. You wouldn't see one with out the... More

Here & Now
Promises | Prologue |
Crossing Paths | 2 |
Fate | 3 |
Dwelling The Past | 4 |
Late Night Talks | 5 |
Promise | 6 |
Got Away | 7 |
Uninvited Guest| 8 |
Anything 4 You |9|
Rejection?| 10 |
Wing-woman| 11 |
Plus One| 12 |
Party Drama| 13 |
Forgive Me?| 14 |
Matching| 15 |
Kisses From You| 16 |
Do You Love Me?| 17 |
Pick One| 18 |

Still My .. | 1 |

1.1K 53 5
By novelsbydior

Five Years Later
Los Angeles, CA

Her swimsuit cover up swayed as the breeze brushed against her russet brown skin. Who ever said having a photo shoot on the beach was a good idea needed to re-evaluate their life. She had sand in every crack and hole you could think of.

The photographer looked over the lens, directing her on how she should pose for each shot. In the back of her mind, she wanted this day to be over already. This six hour photo shoot for Gucci new summer line had Sadie mentally and physically drain.
Positioning her leg over another model's—Britney who she worked with and also considered a friend.

Britney propped her arm over Sadie's shoulder, posing for another shot. The two bond started when they both modeled for Victoria Secret as Angels. "Good job ladies" Jose yelled, releasing the camera from his hand, allowing it to hanging around his neck. "Again tomorrow at six" he said again clapping his hands.

Sadie released herself from sucking in her stomach as Britney stepped off the stand they were on. "When I say I need a drink friend" she said taking off the cropped hoodie as they made their way to the tent. "You still down for Kash birthday party?" She asked looking over at Sadie.

Being in the fast life as a model—the partying, the drinking and the sex was too much for her at one point. When she first moved out here to Cali to live out her dreams of becoming a model, she fell in with the wrong crowd—which caused her to abuse drugs and alcohol. The only thing that helped her out that dark place was her AA counselor. Her faith with him became stronger when she almost overdosed on some pills she found in a friends medicine cabinet during another attendance of a major party.

Now a new rejuvenated woman, she was hesitant about being around big crowds. Not that she didn't trust Britney to keep her safe but because she didn't trust herself. "I don't know Brit" she said, pushing pass the different models that were on the same shoot. "I'm really tired and I nee–"

"Babes" Britney cut her off, removing the diamond studs from her ears. "It's okay to say no. I'll just make my brother come with me." Sadie felt relieved, which was the reason her and Britney were so close. She understood her and didn't want her to be anything she wasn't. She felt safe around her and for that their friendship would last an eternity.

"I'll text you all about it tomorrow" she said giving Sadie a huge smile, "hopefully I don't end up on someone's lawn this time" she laughed. Sadie giving her an unsure smile as she nodded. Parties just weren't her thing anymore.

She walked over to the section where models went to undress. She grabbed her things and started to put on the sweats and crop top she had when she pulled up to the photo shoot. It was going on five in the evening—which was the norm for her, they've being shooting since seven this morning. Throwing her Ed Hardy duffel bag over her shoulder, she gave her goodbyes to her team who she considered her glam squad.

The weather in Cali today was a bit on the windy side—the sun being completely covered by clouds. Sadie approached her white 1994 Jeep Wrangler similar to the one Cher drove in the movie Clueless. It was one of her favorites aside from Grease.

With the roof off, and her jet black Brazilian 26 inch flowing in the wind as she road the Cali streets—Sadie began to tap her fingers alongside her steering wheel to Kiana Ledé.

"I'm giving you one, two, three, to back the fuck up off me—don't front when you can't back it up. It's about time we wrap this shit up" she sung

Singing the words as if she could truly relate. Sadie had never committed herself to anyone ever in her life. There was one time in college when she spent one semester before dropping out, that she felt something with her suite mate, but that was nothing but lust—from both ends. If she was being serious, she's never been in a relationship not once. Sometimes she thought it was something dealing with her. Maybe her incapability of opening up to people and expressing her true feelings.

While driving to what had to be thirty minutes she pulled up to a spot that was right down the street from her townhouse. This is where she ate breakfast and dinner whenever she had long work days. Pushing the door opened, she was accompanied by familiar faces. Sitting in her usual booth next to the huge window over looking the streets of Cali, she looked over the menu—as if she haven't been here a million times.

Stephanie, an undergrad from UCLA studying to become a preschool teacher, strolled her way over to Sadie. The two shared a few side eyes but nothing more than that. Stephanie wasn't quite sure of Sadie's sexuality, meaning that in every interview that she had—she always responded with 'I love people'. Some would say that was her way of indicating that she was all for women but others just thought she didn't want people in her personal life.

"You're here early" she said staring at Sadie examining the entrees.

"Yeah, we finished early" Sadie responded, "busy today?" She swiftly looked up to her.

Stephanie was beautiful to Sadie. Her caramel skin and strong cheekbones were immaculate to her plump full lips. She wasn't much of a body person, everything was about face features with Sadie. Every girl had an ass and titties—but not every one had a pretty face. "You can say that" Stephanie huffed, "Want me to start you off with lemon and water?" She asked

Sadie nodded as Stephanie walked away towards the back. Just as she did she laid the menu down on the marble top table. She reached in her bag and pulled out her phone. This was something she did often when she came here for dinner. Her back pressed against the booth's cushion, she went straight to the Instagram app. There she was presented with pictures of a few mutual friends and some of hers. But that's not what she wanted to see.

Her fingers gliding across each letter as she typed her name in the search bar. It's been a week since she last checked her page. She knew much haven't changed since last time but looking wouldn't hurt. 'JodieP' she searched.

She's been on her page multiple times, but still not so sure on pressing the follow button. With the thousands of followers Jodie had, Sadie following her wouldn't matter but she wasn't taking any chances.

Jodie, an openly gay woman—something that surprised Sadie once she found out. Jodie was an advocate for the black community as well as a known celebrity fashion stylist. It was weird to Sadie to know the two haven't cross paths yet, meaning they were sort of in the same crowd of people.

It's been times, she wanted to send her a message but was reluctant. The last time the two saw each other was the day before Jodie family moved to Cali. It was the day, she kissed Sadie—a kiss she still thinks about til this day. The two promised to stay in touch and they did, but when school started back and Jodie met a new group of friends, it was impossible for the both of them.

Sadie saw that Jodie made a comfortable life for herself. She was even surprise to see that Jodie was engaged to the A-list actress, Beverly Wells. She was literally the replica of Meagan Good and Sadie hated it—she hated that she was beautiful. But knowing Jodie, she wasn't dating no-one who wasn't.

Stephanie placed a napkin down before she put the glass of water there. "Thanks" Sadie said slowly hiding the phone under the table, "let me get the Chef's choice"

Stephanie smiled as she rolled her eyes, taking the menu from Sadie, "I don't know why you were looking, knowing you were going to get the same thing" she laughed, placing the menu under her arm.

"I was trying to be different but not today I guess" Sadie said

Still standing there, Stephanie kept her glance on Sadie. "Mind if I eat with you?" She asked, hoping the answer she wanted was what Sadie was going to say, "my shift is over in five"

Sadie knew what she wanted but it was something she wasn't looking for. She'll be lying if she said she haven't pictured her and Stephanie being intimate but other than that—she seen her as an associate, nothing else.

Shrugging her shoulder she nodded, "Sure" she said, "just make sure you get a free brownie cake"

Stephanie laughed as she rolled her eyes. She shook her head as she went back to give Sadie's order to the cook. That gave Sadie time to go back to lurking on Jodie's page. She seen that her and Beverly just left their bae-cation from Bora Bora—the two kissing as they were horse back riding.

For some reason she felt some sort of envy towards Beverly. Before getting herself flustered, she scrolled until she stop upon a video from Jodie's podcast called 'Lips & Wine'. Jodie was sitting on a turquoise couch with her two known friends Brad and Jay—both professional football players. Clicking on it, she sat there watching what topic was being discussed on this episode.

"Can your significant other have a friend of the opposite gender?" Jay asked,

Brad immediately shook his head no in disagreement. "Hell no!" He yelled, "ain't no way my shorty gone have a nigga as her friend. See I'm a nigga I know how we think."

Jodie sat there smiling, bringing the wine glass to her lips. "I don't know man" she started, "it's sounding like you insecure my nigga"

"That ain't got nothing to do with me being insecure bro. Niggas always got their own secret agenda and I ain't here for it" he said again

"But what if she was friends with him before y'all got together?" Jay questioned.

Through all the episodes Sadie have watched of Jodie's podcast, Jay was her favorite. She loved how soft spoken and open minded he was about each side perspective.

"Still a hell no!" Brad hissed, taking a sip of his red cup probably filled with his usual—hendawg.

"See me" Jodie smacked her lips, looking over at Brad as she pointed, "I trust my girl. If anything I don't give a fuck what that nigga attentions is with my Queen. As long as she not giving him the idea that he could possibly act on his urges then we straight"

"Beverly know not to play with me" she said again, Brad and Jay both nodding in agreement.

"I feel both ends though" Jay finally joining in on the discussion, "I'm a nigga and I know how we move and think but then again, as a man I should be able to trust my girl."

Jodie clapped her hands motioning that she agreed with Jay, "My point exactly. If anything my girl owe me loyalty"

"And plus my tongue game too good for another nigga to think he can take my spot" Jodie declared, "these niggas can't eat pussy ladies"

Jay and Brad both scrunched up their face, as they started to speak at the same time. Making Jodie burst into laughter. "See they in their feelings cause they can't e–"

"I eat pussy like it's my last supper stop lying to these people Jodie" Brad snapped

"See" she pointed to him, "this nigga said supper. He can't eat pussy" she laughed even harder, making Jay join.

Brad waved them off as he went back to sipping out his red cup. Sadie was disrupted again with Stephanie sliding inside the booth—sitting across from her. "I love her podcast" she stated looking over Sadie's phone, "Her and Beverly are literally my favs"

Sadie mentally rolled her eyes at the thought of them being anyone's favorite. "My friends and I were planning to crash their wedding but then I thought about what if we got caught" she said, "I can't do jail"

"I don't know" Sadie responded out of nowhere. Pressing the side button on the phone to turn the screen black, "I don't think they will last"

Stephanie jerked her head back as she popped her lips, "Why?" She asked, "They did that on and off again for two years, got back together and are literally planning their wedding"

"Hinting the reason it won't last" Sadie spatted. What Sadie hated about Beverly the most was that she's never been with a woman until she got with Jodie. It made Sadie feel as if she was experimenting with Jodie. They're on and off again relationship was caused by Beverly still being involved with men. Throughout their breakups, Jodie have never been publicly seen with another woman other than her. The love wasn't real—well not on Beverly behalf it wasn't.

"Well, let me go get our food" Stephanie said scooting out of the booth to stand.

Sadie sighed because she knew she was getting to worked up over a relationship she didn't know nothing about. Although Jodie forgot about her—she was still her best-friend—her soulmate.

© 2021

Here & Now

¥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546K 11.9K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
23.3K 1.2K 18
"π™»πšŽπšπšœ πš‹πšŽ πš›πšŽπšŠπš•, 𝙸 πš“πšžπšœπš πš πšŠπš—πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπš—πš 𝙸 πš—πšŽπšŽπš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ" --𝙺 πšŒπšŠπš–πš™
576K 8.3K 62
You never know what Mona will bring to the table
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...