The Nerd Has A Boner 2: Summe...

De summerainfxll

"Something about this feels better than any other time," he whispers in a rush. "We're being wild," I gasp... Mai multe

Copyright @Alex's Books/ Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine Part One & Two
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three

Chapter Three

77 25 2
De summerainfxll

"Give a heart to your friend. Give a heart to your loved ones. Or, set one of the hearts you give with poison, and still would you give it to a loved one?"-Anonymous

Sarah Hill

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. That's how many shelves I've restocked. Another box of pasta slides behind the close to expired ones. A cardboard box has many boxes of Velveeta to unload. Luckily the air is cool in here than being outside organizing carts. I am still grateful to have this job. I pay my phone bill and need pocket money. My uniform is a short-sleeved shirt and black shorts. The grocery's logo is on it. Not too shabby.

People are bustling for different items like ribs, drinks, snacks. It's everything you would need for a summer party or to stock up. My mother's choices are the only thing I haven't thought about until now. She was so hooked on drugs that she cheated on Papa for money to get more. Unbelievable. Wow, and she's the one who birthed me. I'm not disappointed but guilty.

What could have driven her to it?

There was always an argument when I was younger. Max was a newborn and in every conversation. They either were complaining of pointless things or creating problems to argue. It was one or the other. Maybe she needed a break so bad that she felt drawn to it. None of us would have thought that was happening. I finished packing the Velveeta. I move down the aisle to organize the array of gift cards. Today is so boresome.

During rush hour, I work the cash register. On regular days, I pack shelves. Sandy went with Max out to see a new movie in theaters. Papa is supposedly handling business calls for potential clients looking for a new house. As for my mother, who knows. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Brandon Wills with his girlfriends?

"Sarah, you look different. You know we're all going to be college freshmen soon. How's everything?" He hooks his hand around two girl's necks. They held in their giggles as if their drunk. It's only twelve in the evening. The jeans are low-waisted with a thong showing. They are matching with a bikini top.

"I am doing fine. Why do you suddenly want to talk to me?" I shoot back a question to him. This guy is such a player. He got Summer pregnant and left her for two new women. I bet they would leave him if they knew he has a child.

"Well..uh..you aren't still with that Oliver guy, right?" He smacks one of the girl's asses that was feeling up his chest. She squeals loudly.

"I am and not planning to be single anytime soon. Bye, and by the way, I hope you remember your child," I mention. The cards are behind me once I start walking away. The two girls that were around him huffed and walked away. Brandon is irritated. As I'm walking to find something else to organize for the next two hours, I get a call.

"Hello?" I hold my phone to my ears. My boss walks out from her office to signal the empty shelves a few steps from me.

"Hey, I'm having a pool party. You need to be there. It's going to be the best one thrown. My father's also barbecuing and making fondu," Summer yelled excitedly. I listened to her tell the rest of the details. It's a girls-only party. Betty is going to be there too. I don't have anything planned for the rest of the day after work.

"Sure, I'll be there," I tell her. Summer says she will pick me up before the call ends. I continue the rest of my workday. My hard work earned me a bonus. I'm proud of myself for being this independent. The sun is still up and, the heat is scorching. Summer's pink Ferrari stands out in the parking lot.

"Hey, girl!" I wave. She unlocks the door.

"Sarah, your place first?" She asks. The seatbelt comes around me as it clicks. I nod my head. The car starts and, she drives off with the directions I give her.

"Life has been not bad. My baby is a girl. I named her Susan. She's currently with my father and, that asshole Brandon won't see her until next weekend. For now, the partying is back on." The gossip is hot to my ears. Tropical air whirls to my face as Summer cruises down my street.

"That's great that it was a safe birth and everything. I can imagine how rough it may be for a single mom. Are you sure you're okay?" My face etched a worried gaze to her bright hair moving in the air. Summer looked glowing.

"Heck yeah. Birthing Susan was hard as fuck but, I'm surviving," she joked. I laugh with her. Palm trees swayed softly in the air, high and tall. You can see children scooting down steep hills and parents ready to catch them if they fall. That must be nice. The car stops suddenly in front of my house.

I get out and walk to the front door. The keys jingle out of my bag. A click happens when the door opens. I close it and hurry upstairs to change. My body feels so dirty from work. The shower's cold rays of water hit me. The soap slips around me while the time is ticking. In the next few minutes, the shower is off.

A light blue-colored Hawaiian one-piece is under my black sash tie shorts. In record time, I made it back into Summer's car. I don't feel comfortable wearing a two piece. Her body snapped back into place like an elastic. She's wearing a yellow two-piece with daisies on them. Her sunglasses are perch on the tip of her head. Nobody was inside my house when I was there. Everyone had gone out. Summer got us to her house in twenty minutes.

By the time we got there, it was four in the afternoon. I opened the car door and shut it with my bag and phone. Summer fixed her bikini bottoms. You can tell it is becoming more of a thong. The sun shined down on her Ferrari parked nicely to a mansion. The front is beautiful. A nicely cut lawn and sculptures of angels. Her house is in a dark color of grey and black. My eyes feel blessed just looking at it.

Though, I can't get caught up. She was once my bully and only an associate because she saved Oliver. Yes, exactly that. The concrete burns the front of my toes that peeked from my sandals. "Come on. It's straight to the back. Betty and the others aren't here yet," She motions me over. I follow her and the clean pathway to the backyard. The backyard is huge and has a luxurious pool where the water is crystal blue. I can't wait to sink my toes in the cold water.

"Make yourself at home. My father will be out later to barbecue and get the chocolate fondu ready. The fondu is extra special," Summer emphasizes. That must mean the fondu is rich and wouldn't expect less from daddy's little girl. My phone vibrates from a message.

Betty said she is on her way with her moped. A blast of music emitted from the big speakers in one corner in front of a fence. Hip hop music. Summer grabs a glass with alcohol straight from the tall glass. She sits back on a lounge chair while sipping it.

Shyly, I move over to a cooler first to lift it and grab a soda. To make sure, I read the label before opening and gulping it.

"Sarah, do some moves, girl," Summer watches me.

"Uh...I don't dance a lot." I hit the Dougie when the beat drops. My body goes from left to right. Summer whistles.

"Okay, I'm done," I smirk. I leave my can on the ground and take off my shorts next to it. It's not long before I'm dipping my feet in the water. It's ice cold. Betty comes behind, hugging my back. I can tell with her necklace dangling in front. A small cross.

"Hey, Sarah," she greets me. I smile back at her. The 'others' Summer is referring to is Darcy Higgles. Juliet's replacement of me. She's serving jail time as an adult but, Darcy is still here. I'm going to have to suck it up.

"Have some drinks!" Summer stands and pours a drink to Darcy and Betty. The hip-hop music changes to some upbeat summer oldies.

"I don't drink," Betty politely declines.

"Bummer," Summer sneers. Darcy turned her head to me. A jeering grin is stuck on her face.

"Oh, it's the girl from that party. The boner and all that shit. Sarah, correct?" She extends her hand to me. I turn now, paying her no mind, and rolling my eyes. She knows I fought Juliet on the field because she was there. Betty is wearing a dark purple one-piece. Darcy laughs it off while downing her drink.

"Everyone, the fondu is here!" Summer whoops. She smiled all teeth at her father coming out in nothing but swim trunks. I can't believe that's her father. He doesn't look old at all. Her father has gray hair and black tattoos on his light complexion. There are different signs. I have no clue what they mean but, they look scary. His hand steadily carries a tray to a small umbrella table. It smells delightful.

"Enjoy, guys. I remember when I was your age. Anyways, I'll start grilling in twenty. Back to work and Susan." Her father saw his way inside. Unlike everyone else, I enjoyed my time in the pool. The water and jets feel so nice. Summer and Darcy give each other a look before sitting together.

"Aren't you guys going to eat?" I ask. The water ripples to my moving. Summer and Darcy shook their head in unison.

"No, we're good." I shrug my shoulders. My feet find the stairs to climb out and saunter over to the fondu. The chocolate sauce is coated on the strawberry. One is enough. I pick up one from the skewer. It lifts to my mouth. I bite in and, the taste is delicious.

"This is good," I moan.

"Yeah, my father knows just how to make them," she winks. I finish it in one bite. My body does a three-sixty to watch Betty swim around.

"How are you and Oliver? Let us know the details," Summer eggs. My face turns bright red and hot. The deep parts of my stomach turn. It doesn't feel right to tell them. I've only ever talked to Betty about him.

"We are fine," I leave it at that. Darcy clicks her tongue.

"I think it is time for the food. I am starving." My body slips back in the pool for a while longer. Summer claps her hands. Just like that, her father is outside with buns and sausages.

"Let's get this show on the road," her father howls.

The grill on the other side of us is on. Oil is splattered across as he whips out the sausages. We watch him season and cook the sausages.

The aroma of oregano and black pepper travels around. I start feeling a little odd. My heart is beating a bit fast. There's tingling in my hands. It's probably just anxiety from being around everyone for so long. I get out of the pool when the hotdogs are ready. I feel worse.

A feeling of chills on my back even though the heat has decreased. "Thanks," I take the plate with my hotdog.

"Sit next to me." Betty pulls me over to a seat with her. We ate together with small talk. The hotdog tasted good. I was about to say that I would head home now with a car ride from Summer. Nausea kept me sweating.

What is happening to me? Is it PMS?

"Betty Winkle, it is past your curfew. What are you doing at this kickback!?" Betty's mother arrives in nothing but a sleeping gown and slippers. I turn to Betty's face with all the color drained.

"Oh crap," Darcy tries to hold her laughter. Nothing was funny. My friend being treated by her parents like she was six years old is embarrassing.

"Mom, please don't do this here. You always try to control my life," she fumes. Betty got up once her mother took her by the arm. From the table to the pathway leading to the front of the house, her mother pulled her.

"I told you not to interact with people who do the devil's work. I'll deal with you when we get home!" Her mother's words got softer after hearing a car door slam. Darcy and Summer got up.

What the hell just happened?

"Well, that killed the vibe. Party's over," Summer fixed herself. At that time, the sound of Susan's loud cry had Summer running in and closing the sliding door. It made me forget about all of the sick symptoms I was having until I felt them again. Everything is spinning. I stagger up to a standing position. I want to go home.

"I am heading home," Darcy told me. She got her bag but, before she left, I had to ask her something. The sick feeling only came on after I had that strawberry.

"What was in..the..sauce?" I gasp at the inability to say anything. Darcy smiles cheekily.

"Weed," she giggled loudly.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Chasing Shadows De Sammer

Ficțiune adolescenți

22.2K 969 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...
4.2K 85 45
"𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 at 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘�...
77.9K 1.6K 32
Two seniors that only have one thing in common, going to the same school. They hate each other because of their friend groups and past. As the two se...
101 16 13