Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
lyra
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

BONUS ~ interest

129K 4.1K 663
By XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ to the feeling of wanting to know or learn about something or someone

PHOENIX

takes place the first time nova shifts

Once my mate had left the office, I turned to face the Alphas. They were nervous, sweat beading on their foreheads. They were hiding something I was sure of it.

"I'm so sorry again Alpha, Nova is a great hostess. She's just had a rough life." Damien apologised.

I raised an eyebrow, crossing my leg so my foot rests on my knee. "Oh? An Omega in a pack this size I hope she's not given too much workload."

He shifted slightly and glanced at Steven briefly. "Nova is an orphaned child. We... found her washed up, covered in bleeding, blistering burns as an infant. We placed her with a good omega family. She's a kind girl... she just doesn't have a lot of strength."

Ares grumbled and I leaned forwards in curiosity. "She is a wolf? She does not smell full wolf."

I also wonder why her wolf did not meet mine. It was almost vacant in her mind.

Steven shook his head. "She is a wolf. We believe she's from Crescent Moon..."

Crescent Moon was a pack in the north that was taken down under orders of the King around seventeen years ago. My father led the attack. They were conspiring to overthrow the crown, helping fugitive rogues to live in their land undercover. Most of the pack was annihilated but some escaped with barely their fur intact.

"How old is she?" I asked.

He swallowed and I watched him as his nerves seemed to rise. "She is twenty... please do not make us banish her."

Why would they be so worried about me banishing her? Was it to do with the affection Damien had shown? Were they so attached to her in more ways than an Alpha should be? Their nervous disposition made me suspicious. But being twenty would work with the time frame they suggested.

I hummed and ran my hand across my jaw. The door opened rather harshly, and I watched as my mate entered the room again. Her long hair was out of its tie, cascading down past her hips. She breezed by me, shielding her face from view as she placed the coffee on the table beside me.

She hurriedly scrubbed at the floor; her face covered from view. My hand itched to push the long hair from her face. I wanted to claim her and take her away, but I needed to discover my business here. About their treatment of their pack. If she had no wolf, I dreaded seeing her having to fight against anyone who wanted her Luna position. I wouldn't lose her; she was so delicate and soft looking, and she was mine.

I kept my gaze on Steven as he cleared his throat and shuffled some paperwork. Damien sat beside him, watching my mate as she began to pack away her cloths.

She stood to her feet, and I winced slightly as her knees shook beneath her. Her clothes were form-fitting despite the apron she wore, and she looked so thin and pale. I had guessed it was a biological trait, but something sparked interest in me. She was almost ethereal.

"Thank you, Nova," Steven muttered, dismissing her.

I watched her from the corner of my eye, taking my coffee from the table. It smelt great, and as I sipped it tasted great too. No doubt the one that had coated the floor tasted just as good. She had spent a lot of time in the kitchen as her work, I could tell.

She rose from her bow, her hair flying as she spun to leave. Her scent wafted through the air, powerful enough to make me eager to submit to her bidding. Her beauty was incredible, but the sudden waft of blood had my full attention turning to her.

Her gaze instinctively found mine and her eyes widened in shock. But I found myself drawn to the three harsh cuts along her cheek. Ares rose to attention, wishing to tear down the entire pack until he found the one who injured her. He would make them suffer.

Her widened eyes hastily looked away as she practically ran from the room. I released a low grumble from my chest as the door slammed shut.

Steven winced when my harsh gaze met his, his weaker wolf submitting to my anger.

'I told you there was something suspicious.' Charlie grumbled sarcastically. 'Did she just happen to fall over and scratch her face on a flat floor?'

Very strange. She leaves for five minutes and comes back injured. I am trying hard right now to not kill the man before me. I snarled.

'We need to find out more. See what the other omegas are like'. He commented.

I agree.

"I wish to be escorted around your pack grounds." I snapped.

Steven's eyes widened in surprise as Damien's narrowed.

"A tour? Whatever for?" Damien asked.

I glared at him. "I do believe your pack is not worthy of its vast land and wish to see what you are doing with it. I have heard many, many things and you will do no less than to cater to me and my men."

He swallowed, glancing at his son. "Very well. I shall bring up Julie and Katie-"

"Never mind that. The orphan omega that was in here before, I wish for her to accompany us. I hope she can redeem herself." I stated, trying to come across as uninterested in her.

His jaw clenched but he nodded mutely. I watched as his eyes fogged slightly, assuming he was sending the request for her. I smirked and rose to my feet, adjusting the blood-red shirt I wore at my wrists.

"Lead the way." I nodded.

Steven and Damien exchanged glances before leaving their desk to exit the room. I stared down at the younger Alpha as he stopped by me, taking note of his deeper scent. It smelt strangely familiar. He dared to stare harshly at me, and I growled in return.

"Just because you're a King's Alpha doesn't mean you get to speak to me like crap on my pack land." He snapped.

I growled, stepping closer to intimidate him. "And I have direct orders to take note of any threat to any pack member. So, I'd watch yourself wisely. I can beat you into the ground."

He grumbled at me but turned to walk away hastily. I felt satisfaction knowing he was so threatened by me, and Charlie gave me a knowing smirk. The guards crowded behind us and covered our backs as we made our way through the hallways.

Once we rounded the corner my eyes softened at the appearance of our mate. The female beside her was speaking harshly as Nova tried to untie her apron. I could smell her sweat and fear as she fumbled to get them undone. She immediately let go of them once our group approached, dropping her head to face the ground.

I heard her let out a small breath, her body posture telling me she was tired and somewhat fearful. My hands itched to hold her, to comfort and make sure she was okay. Her heart was beating loudly in her chest.

"Right, shall we get on with the tour then?" Steven faux smiled.

I gave him a small nod, my answer silent. Charlie had taken it upon himself to wander the halls and peer into every room. He was looking to see if anything seemed out of place or unusual.

Steven's eye twitched as he turned and gestured the girls forward. Once their backs were turned I quickly and silently darted my way to beside my mate. She jumped slightly when my hands graced her back and I concentrated on pulling the strings apart. It took me a moment to undo her double knot but once I did, I let the strings fall to her side.

Her beautiful green eyes glanced up at me, fear and curiosity filled them. I found my expression softening at her beautiful face, the harsh red and orange make-up that covered her skin had me wishing to wipe it all away.

"T-t-thank you, A-Al-"

I shook my head, wanting nothing more than her to be informal with me. My mate.

"Phoenix."

Her eyebrows furrowed and she frowned. "Alpha-"

"No. Just Phoenix," I stated.

My eyes darted to her mouth as she began to chew on her lip, her hands wringing the fabric of her apron. I found myself entranced by her, taking in every feature on her face since she was so close. Only my guards were here, and they were not listening. I wanted nothing more than to run my hand along her face and trace the harsh cuts that tainted her beauty.

"T-thanks Ph-Phoenix." She mumbled.

I grumbled in satisfaction, pleased with my name falling from her mouth. I couldn't wait until she was beneath me, screaming it for everybody to hear. To have her writhing under me as I made her mine. Her innocent demeanour would be devoured, and I couldn't wait to show her how much she means to me, every single day.

But instead, I allowed my hand to grace her back again, gently pushing for her to go forward to meet with her Alpha. I followed behind her until she hurried herself to stand by her Alpha. Alpha temporarily, I'm sure.

My eyes narrowed in on him, but I kept quiet as they guided us around their pack. We started with the front grounds, leading to the communal area. The forests were sparse, with large gaps between the trees. I found myself constantly glancing at my mate, watching the way her hair and hips swayed as she walked.

But when we rounded the corner, I could smell sudden fear. My eyes snapped to my surroundings, seeing nothing but a standard training area. My gaze found my mate as she suddenly let out a small whimper. I smelt her blood, nothing her hands had turned to claws and torn into the fabric of her top and into her skin.

"Are you okay, Nova?" Steven questioned.

I pushed my way forwards as she let out a small moan of disagreement.

"What's happening?" I snapped, my hands aching to comfort her.

She suddenly collapsed to her knees, her arms holding herself tightly. I squatted down beside her, studying her face of agony. She was beginning to sweat, small whimpers leaving her lips as she began to pant.

"I-I don't know. It's almost as though she's..." Steven spoke.

"What?" I snapped.

"Shifting."

Shifting? But she was a wolf? It shouldn't be this bad on a normal shift.

She groaned suddenly and began to fall to the floor. I instinctively darted my arm out to grab her head before it could collide with the floor. A rumble of displeasure left my lips as her eyes became glossy with tears. The sparks from the mate bond ran along my arm as I lay her down gently. My growl stopped short when her face turned into my wrist and a small inhale was heard and she relaxed for a moment. I felt my heart stutter in my chest.

"Well, is that possible?" Charlie snapped.

"Uh... She-she's never shifted before." Steven stumbled.

"Never shifted?" He asked.

"How strange," I murmured.

She tried to pick herself up, but I heard the familiar sound of retching. I hastily pulled her onto all fours, so she wouldn't choke on her sick. She couldn't hold her weight, so I kept my hands around her torso, holding her gently as she vomited onto the grass.

She tried to support herself, but her arm snapped beneath her weight. I winced at the sound of her scream; it was deafening and terrifying. Her bones began to snap one by one and eventually I had to release her to let nature take over. I backed away as her muscles rippled, her cries and pleas for help were killing me.

I turned my attention to Charlie who seemed just as worried as I was.

'Only just shifted at her age. Something isn't right here.' He muttered.

I nodded my head but turned my attention back to my mate as the cracking stopped. She would be in a state of shock now, her brain unable to cope with the pain so it would shut down momentarily.

After a moment, the broken bones began to realign, her muscles rippling and her skin growing fur. It was a dark fur that sprouted, and her shift was slow and steady. It was going rather perfectly to be fair, smooth as a first shift could go.

Ares was whimpering in my mind as his mate turned into a large wolf, her snout falling to the earth. I was stunned by her; her wolf was beautiful. I crouched down beside her and ran my hand along her dense fur.

Black fur. She was not omega blood.

I turned to give Charlie a knowing glance and his expression matched mine. We needed to investigate this further.

I looked to Steven who was shuffling on his feet on the other side of me, his nerves were potent, but he seemed almost thrilled that she had shifted. I wasn't sure if he was genuinely happy or not.

Her paws twitched beneath me and I moved away slightly as she got her bearings back. I kept my hand on her side, hoping my touch would not send her into a panic.

"She's stirring," I muttered.

I pulled Ares to the forefront to try and push his Alpha dominance out. We didn't want her wolf to be completely in control, that could be risky as she could become almost feral. Most new shifters did not have control when they shifted.

I moved my hand along her side b5u she suddenly jumped to her feet with a fearful bark. I was stunned as she stood before me, her snout coming to my head level. I rose to my feet as she realised and scanned her body, her green eyes wide with shock. She shook her fur, her tail swishing wildly.

"Nova you've shifted." Steven smiled, going to step closer to her.

She shook her head and the sudden racing of her heart caught my attention. I knew my eyes were just as wide in shock as I studied her. It seemed Nova was in control and not her wolf. That was a good start.

Her wolf turned its attention to me, and the mate fog clouded my brain. I was engraved by her, the energy flowing between us was more vibrant than ever before. It was like whatever had fogged her wolf and her scent before had disappeared. I drowned in the sweet smell, letting it overwhelm my senses until I was nothing but overcome by her.

I felt Ares darken my mind, his thoughts of claiming her filled my brain. But all too soon she shook her head and took a step back, scared. She suddenly barked and without another breath, turned and ran.

I tensed at her disappearing, calling out to her. However, she didn't hear me; she just kept running. I wanted to chase her, to follow her but she needed to learn herself; to find her bearings. She must just be overwhelmed.

My head snapped to Steven when he cleared his throat.

"Well..."

"Why has she only just shifted? Are you lying to me about anything Alpha?" I spat, invading his space.

He shook his head, taking rapid steps away from me. I enjoyed the smell of his fear, my eyes dark with my wolf.

"N-no! I've not!" He stammered.

I growled down at him. "If I find out so much one breath of a lie you will sorely regret it."

He nodded his head, fear seeping out of him in waves. I flashed my teeth at him, Ares fuming, which made him flinch.

"How about we have a break?" He stumbled.

"Perfect." I snapped.

They all nodded and disappeared, leaving nothing but my group behind. I turned to Charlie, who was studying me with wary eyes.

"You are going after her?" He asked, glancing at the trees where she disappeared.

I nodded and without a second thought, I allowed Ares to take over and shift to his fur. We turned and followed her scent, the sweet honey trail calling to me.

*******

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on Wattpad

wc: 2766

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.1K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
9.7M 150K 24
⚠️ ORIGINALLY TITLED SILENT LUNA ⚠️ After a terrible car accident when she was seven, Eirenae's life got turned upside down. Her father changed ever...
218K 10.5K 62
Shy bookworm Sophie liked her nice, quiet life - but her world is about to be rocked when her incredibly attractive Alpha, Malcolm drunkenly confesse...
2.7M 123K 99
Nova thought once she settled into her new role as Luna that all would be well, but with disappearances and a threat of vampires on her pack's border...