The escapee - Marvel

By Br3adst1ck

Fourteen-year-old Seven has spent her entire life imprisoned in the HYDRA and Red Room facility, experimented... More

Chapter 1 - Alone in New York
Chapter 2 - Peter Parker
Chapter 3 - Identity crisis
Chapter 4 - Who are the avengers?
chapter 5 - Crashing the meeting
Chapter 6 - Mind Games and Nicknames
Chapter 7 - Trapped in the cell
Chapter 8 - Trust
Chapter 9 - Flashback
Chapter 10 - "Magic"
Chapter 11 - The black widow recreation project
Chapter 12 - Important meetings
Chapter 13 - Becoming a mother
Chapter 14 - Hot & cold
Chapter 15 - Relief
Chapter 16 - The facility
Chapter 17 - "Natalia"
Chapter 18 - "Basically Peter's mom"
Chapter 19 - The necklace
Chapter 20 - Late night talks
Chapter 21 - Trip to SHIELD
Chapter 22 - "It's you"
Chapter 23 - Another mission
Chapter 24 - Shadow
Chapter 25 - Death wish
Chapter 26 - "Romanoff or Rogers?"
Chapter 27 - Parties and planning
Chapter 28 - "Screw this"
Chapter 29 - Ballet routines
Chapter 30 - Fake plants
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - An eventful patrol
Chapter 33 - Unusual activity
Chapter 34 - "Midtown school of science and technology"
Chapter 35 - Red Room facility
Chapter 36 - The aftermath
Chapter 37 - The lesbians and their dog
Chapter 38 - A gut-wrenching ache
Chapter 39 - "He's dying"
Chapter 40 - A new side to Romanoff
Chapter 41 - "She was a pretty everything"
Chapter 43 - unlikely relationship advice
Chapter 44 - bright neon orange
Chapter 45 - The fake name
Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.
Chapter 47 - "Ned wants to know your star sign"
Chapter 48 - The truth, the fight, and the recompense.
Chapter 49 - Cookies
Chapter 50 - Rooftops
Chapter 51 - The changes fall brings
Chapter 52 - More than a crush
Chapter 53 - A really shitty day
Chapter 54 - Drenched
Chapter 55 - Fifth period geometry
Chapter 56 - "Welcome home"
Chapter 57- Pessimism Vs Realism
Chapter 58 - Ivan's idea of a practical joke
Chapter 59 - The red room
Chapter 60 - The motherland
Chapter 61 - Grey hairs and great peripheral vision
Chapter 62 - Grief that swallows you whole
Chapter 63 - Funerals
Chapter 64 - The older widows
Chapter 65 - Time
Chapter 66 - Happiness? Disappointment? Longing?
Chapter 67 - "Who is she, anyway?"
Chapter 68 - Tea
Chapter 69 - December
Chapter 70 - Opal Abbott, Fanny Longbottom, and Toby Grey,
Chapter 71 - Casino
Chapter 72 - Notebooks & love confessions.
Chapter 73 - Unfinished business.
Chapter 74 - A death in the family
Chapter 75 - "Blondes have the most fun"
Chapter 76 - "It's complicated doll, I am sorry."
Chapter 77 - Broken wi(n)dows
Chapter 78 - for the window.
Chapter 79 - "I don't know, something went wrong."
Chapter 80 - Yelena
Chapter 81 - "Puppy Patrol"

Chapter 42 - awakening

10.7K 358 132
By Br3adst1ck

"Mom?" Seven waited a couple of minutes before deciding to speak so she could create the illusion that she just woke up.

"Seven?" Natasha leapt up from her seat and rushed to the teenager's bedside. "Thank god you're okay," Seven did feel rather bad, she kept putting her mother through very stressful situations. 

"Hi Steve" She waved at the super-soldier sat behind her mother and we waved back weakly, she expected that he was exhausted.

She sat up in the bed, crossing her legs and stretching her arms.

"Seven I don't think you should be moving around so soon," Natasha said, concern all over her face.

"No I'm fine, all better" She smiled sweetly at her mother who frowned.

Bruce walked through the door that lead to Peter and Natasha turned to him, "Bruce tell her, she shouldn't be moving around so soon"

"Actually Seven is perfectly fine, a bit sore perhaps but other than that she should be okay." Natasha shot a death glare at him but he ignored it. "You feel okay?" He looked to the younger Romanoff.

"Yeah, my head is a bit hazy but my body feels fine" She emphasised the last part and looked at her mother. 

"That makes sense, you healed most of your injuries before you passed out so Helen and I didn't really have to do anything. Most of your injuries were internal anyway"

"Oh well that's good, god knows I have enough scars without needing to add more"

"What?" Natasha asked,

"You know, torture" She shrugged and Steve and Bruce shared a concerned glance while Natasha just nodded.

"I do know."

"Bruce?" Seven asked the doctor, "Is uh, is Peter up yet?"

"Not yet no, he won't be up for another half hour or so" He shook his head.

"Okay well, I think Bruce and I will leave you two for a moment," Steve said and Bruce agreed before walking back towards Peter's room. "I'll be upstairs okay?" He squeezed her shoulder before leaving through the opposite door.

"I'm sorry" Seven instantly flung herself from the bed and towards Natasha who caught her in her arms instantly. 

"For what Seven?" Natasha asked, confused.

"Everything, I keep putting you in these stressful situations" She hugged her mother tighter.

"You do, but honestly I would expect nothing less from you" Natasha laughed.

"I have no idea whether I should be offended but honestly I'm just happy you aren't mad" Seven laughed with her.

"But seriously" Natasha pushed her back so she was at arm's length, still supporting her weight as she got used to using her own legs. "What did we say about me losing you? You need to be more careful or one of these days I won't get you back"

"I'm sorry" Seven looked down at her feet.

"You'll be more careful?" Natasha asked softly and Seven nodded, "Then that's enough for me." She pulled her daughter in for one more brief hug before picking her up and dropping her back on the bed. "You need to rest"

"I was resting!" Seven crossed her arms.

"You were unconscious, that does not count" Natasha shook her head and Seven begrudgingly lay down while Natasha grabbed a small blanket from the back of her chair and covered her body. "I'm going to see how Peter is doing but I'll get you when he wakes, okay?" 

"Okay" Seven agreed and Natasha kissed her forehead.

"I love you, sleep well" Natasha smiled and walked out the door. As she walked down the hallway she realised she had never felt more like a mother than that moment right there, something so simple as tucking her child in for bed was something she never thought she would get to do. 

An hour later Peter suddenly shot up from his bed and stuck to the ceiling, startling Tony, Pepper, and Bruce. 

"Holy shit Peter, are you okay?" Pepper asked worried, Tony just continuing to stay staring at the boy, thoroughly confused.

"Am I dead?" Peter started tapping his face with his hands.

"What, no" Bruce answered.

"Oh God, I'm in hell" Peter sighed.

"Underoos you aren't in hell, you're alive," Tony said loudly, "now will you please come down?" 

Peter lowered himself from the ceiling and plopped down onto his bed, hissing when his limbs fell. 

"Wait where's Seven?" He looked around frantically, "Is she okay?"

"Peter-"

"Is she alive?"

"Peter-"

"I swear she was okay last time I sa-"

"PETER" Tony yelled and the boy stopped, eying the older man. "Seven is fine" He sighed, "She's resting"

"O-okay" He said hesitantly.

"How do you feel Peter?" Bruce approached, placing his clipboard down at the foot of the bed. 

"Mostly okay, my body hurts a little but I guess I'm lucky" he shrugged.

"Speaking of that, what happened to you both?" Pepper asked.

"Wait, you don't know? You didn't ask Seven?"  He cocked his head, trying to understand.

"No I haven't been in to see her since she woke" Tony answered,

"Are you kidding? let's go" Peter leapt up from the bed once more but this time he was out the door instead of stuck to the ceiling. Pepper and Tony were trailing him as he ran to her room.

"Peter wait-" Bruce's cautionary advice went unheard by the teenager as he was already too far away to hear him.

"Seven?" Peter burst through the door and Seven sat up quickly, instantly on alert. Pepper realised that she behaved a lot like her mother, instantly ready to fight someone, only she didn't have a gun.

"Pete?" She asked groggily and Peter began grinning, sprinting across the room to envelop her in a bone-crushing hug. She didn't complain even though she could feel her spine internally combusting, instead, she took joy in the fact that he was still alive and breathing.

"I'm happy you're okay" He mumbled, muffled by her suit.

"Me?! you literally died Peter" She exclaimed.

"I guess you're right" He agreed.

"Uh guys" Tony coughed loudly, "get a room"

The two instantly broke apart, Peter blushing.

"Us?! please. I walk past your room enough at night to know that WE are not the ones needing to get a room" Seven fired back and Pepper looked away, her own cheeks tinted pink.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Tony taunted, "We have a room"

"Well, it ISN'T soundproof!" 

"Okay OKAY" Pepper interrupted, "can we move on," She asked, "please"

Bruce burst into the room behind them and all eyes turned to him, "Peter you really shouldn't be moving around, your body is still healing"

Seven gasped, "Peter" she punched his arm, "you need to rest"

"I'm fine" He protested and Tony shook his head.

"Will you at least sit in bed?" Bruce asked, sighing.

"Hmmm, okay" Peter pulled back Seven's blanket and sat down next to her, making her move over.

"Alright then" Seven muttered but moved to the side anyway.

"Good enough, both of you need to stay put, you may as well do it together"

"Hey Nat I brought-" Wanda walked into the medbay, "Oh, hey everyone"

"I have no clue where my mom went, what did you bring?" Seven asked, getting out from bed and wondering over to the Sokovian, Bruce sighing again in the background. Peter took her absence as a chance to get comfortable and he wiggled around before choosing a spot right in the middle of the bed.

"A change of clothes for you and Peter" She smiled as the girl's face lit up.

"Thank god, I love my suit but I was beginning to resent it" She took the top two items and disappeared behind the small curtain to her side which parted the room into another smaller area.

She emerged a moment later, suit in hand. "Thank you, Wanda" 

"No problem, I'll take your suit to be washed" She reached out and took the material from the girl. 

Peter also took the clothes from Wanda and within an instant he was back, handing his red suit to the woman, "thank you" he smiled before turning back and leaping into bed, wanting to get as much room as possible.

The room door opened once more and then suddenly Natasha emerged, hidden behind a large bundle of blankets. "Oh, you're awake," She said as she peeked out from behind the duvet before setting it down on the bed, "I thought you, and Peter I guess, might want your duvet and pillows" She took the two pillows and rested them against the metal headboard. 

"Thanks mom" Seven joined Peter in the bed, pulling the duvet over both of their legs. 

"Right well I'm going to take these upstairs" Wanda announced before turning and leaving the way Natasha had entered. 

"I have to go to work, I'll see you later Pete" Pepper walked over and ruffled his hair before leaving as well.

"Before I go, I wanted to ask what happened to you" Bruce walked over, "I need to know the cause so I can assess the severity of your injuries"

"Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing" Tony agreed, raising an eyebrow. "Surely returning the dog to some harmless family wouldn't end in such dramatic events"

"How do you know they were harmless?" Peter questioned, "They could have been dangerous"

"We did do a background check kid, I wouldn't send you to some random stranger's house"

"Oh, well they were very nice" Seven interjected,

"Yeah" Peter nodded, "plus the dog was called Peter in the end"

"What?" Natasha laughed, "The dog was called Peter too?"

"Yeah, you should have seen the panic in his eyes when they spoke to the dog" Seven elbowed Peter and he cringed. "Sorry" She whispered.

"Okay so if the family was so harmless then what the hell happened to you two?" Bruce asked, taking a step towards them.

Peter and Seven shared an anxious glance but they didn't let it linger, they didn't want it to look suspicious.

"Well-" Peter started,

"You see-"

"What happened was..." 

"Peter got hit by a car!" Seven exclaimed suddenly and Peter nodded, that wasn't exactly a lie, just not the whole truth.

"I thought you have spider senses?" Natasha raised an eyebrow sceptically.

"Yeah I do" Peter agreed, "but" He drew out the word, thinking. "Seven does not"

"Oh yes, he saved me. I was walking in front of him and the car came out of nowhere and it was going super fast" She lied and Peter made noises of agreement.

"It would have killed her but I felt it coming and pushed her out of the way, hence why I got hit" He smiled, trying to sell their story.

"I was thrown to the street and hit my head, which is why I was so out of it when we got to the tower"

"And they just... drove off?" Bruce asked,

"No, they got out but Seven said that we could handle it," Peter said, the last thing they needed was Tony trying to track it down.

"Yeah, they recognised our suits and apologized but left when I said they could go" Seven added.

"That car must have been going at insane speeds," Tony remarked and both teenagers nodded,

"Well alright," Natasha said, "that makes sense and I guess it wasn't either of your faults." The guilt Seven felt she did not express on her face. "Right well I have some things I have to attend to in the tower, but here" Natasha picked up a small remote from the counter and placed a button, one of the panels on the wall slid back to reveal a TV. She handed the remote to Seven and then walked toward the door. "I'll come to check on you both later"

"Woah, did you know that was there?" She whispered at Peter, both still staring as the panel moved slowly.

"Nope" He shook his head.

"Uhm" Tony cleared his throat, "Bruce could you give us a minute?" Tony asked and Bruce nodded, walking out the door.

Seven and Peter shared another nervous look before Tony awkwardly approached them, taking a seat on Peter's side at the foot of the bed.

"Seven, I just wanted to quickly apologize to you." He spoke, forcing himself to make eye contact, "for earlier"

"oh kay" She said slowly,

"I went too far, I used a moment that was obviously hard for you and I made it a lot worse," He said slowly and Seven could tell he was considering every word before he said it. "So I am sorry, thoroughly"

"Thank you for apologizing," She said calmly, smiling a little. 

She didn't forgive him and Tony knew that but he had apologized and she was content with that. Mutual respect passed through the two before Tony nodded and left, leaving the teenagers alone.

"So..."

"That was weird" Peter finished,

"I appreciated it though," She said and Peter smiled.

"You wanna watch a movie?" He asked, pointing at the TV.

"Yeah sure, you know how this thing works?" She lifted the remote control to show the many, many buttons that it had.

"No" He sighed, "but we'll just press them until it turns on"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 298 31
Everyone has a past. Are they as tragic as hers? A fifteen year old girl becomes an Avenger and overcomes her past to be the person she's always hope...
12.2K 556 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
54.4K 1.5K 31
After finding her twin brother dead, little Wanda Maximoff is so heartbroken she can barely even comprehend anything. She has no home and now her onl...
13.3K 355 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...