The fallen slayer

By KnyNovel

In the final battle against Muzan, Tanjiro had put his life on the line for his comrades and the innocents. I... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
The end
Bonus

Chapter 8

3.4K 87 57
By KnyNovel

Chapter 8: A dream

Zenitsu POV

"Zenitsu."

I see a person. A person who always helped me whenever i'm in trouble. His sound was so kind. Like his sister, their voice are so kind. Whenever i hear their voices, i wanted to cry. Both are pretty similar, so kind. Beyond anything in this world. I see him living with all of us under one roof. No more demons are left in the world. That's when i realized,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"It was only a dream."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Where am i?"

"Welcome back buddy. You've been out for a while."

"Genya?"

I open my eyes to stare on the ceiling of the treatment ward. On the side of me was Nezuko chan sleeping by the looks of it and Genya sitting on the bed next to me. I tried to get up, but i couldn't.

"You shouldn't be moving Zenitsu san. Your back was severely damaged by the crates." A female voice said to me

I look over to see Aoi chan holding a cup. Probably filled with medicine. And as i suspected, i was fed by her with whatever content that was in the cup. It didn't taste any good either.

3rd person POV

Aoi: "There you go. It contains a painkiller. So you should feel a bit better."

Zenitsu: "Thank you. Very much."

Nezuko: "Zenitsu san? You're awake! I'm sorry Zenitsu san! Its my fault that you're hurt!"

Zenitsu: "Don't be Nezuko chan. I did that to protect the both of you."

Nezuko: "Thank you Zenitsu san. For your hard work."

Genya: "Well, how are you feeling?"

Zenitsu: "Other than having my back hurt like hell. I would say i'm doing fine."

Genya: "Glad to hear that."

Zenitsu: "Oh and, did we catch him?"

Aoi: "Unfortunately, we've lost him when we got there."

Zenitsu: "Damn."

Genya: "Yeah, it was unfortunate."

Zenitsu: "Also, where is that airhead?"

Nezuko: "Inosuke san and Kanao san went to track down the man."

Zenitsu: "Ah, i see. Speaking of which, i remember what that person said to me before i passed out."

Genya: "And what did he say?"

Zenitsu: "He said, i'm glad to see you made it this far. Congrats on becoming a pillar. He even knew my full name."

Aoi: "At this point, we could only speculate that its him. For now, you should get some rest Zenitsu."

Zenitsu: "Yeah, right."

Genya: "Well, i'm gonna join the other two on the hunt for this man."

Zenitsu: "Be careful man."

Genya: "You have other things to worry about buddy. For instant, your fiance here needs some attention."

Nezuko: "W-wha. What?"

Zenitsu: "You know, i will pay you back someday."

Genya: "Yeah, and that's not today. See ya."

Genya left his buddy alone for him to rest whilst he's going to continue the hunt for the man he suspects to be his old friend from a year ago.

.
.
.
.
.

"Well well well. How long was it the last time we saw this world view?"

"Ara ara~ I'm estimating a few years."

"Umu! I sensed him nearby!"

"You go ahead Rengoku san. I wanted to go visit someone first."

"Alright then Kocho san. Be safe out there."

"You know i will."

.
.
.
.
.

"Well, that was close."

After being chased by the pillar, Tanjiro managed to escaped and resides in an isolated forest. He sat down and leaned on one of the trees with a lit campfire in front of him. He slowly nodded off while keeping guard of his surrounding.

"No matter how devastated you are. Set you heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and move on."

Those words came from his mentor who died during a mission. It was back when he was still weak and fragile. Now he's strong. He protects those who are weaker than him. Then, he suddenly hears the sound of leaves being crushed. Driven by his survival instinct, he leapt up and pointed his blade towards the neck of the figure standing in front of him. He didn't even opened his eyes yet.

"You're gonna tell me who are you and what are you doing here." He said

"I see you've gotten stronger, young Kamado."

The voice, he recognise that voice. He opens his eyes and it opened wide. He was in disbelief to see his mentor that had died years ago. He dropped his blade and approach the figure.

"R-Rengoku san?"

"Yes, young Kamado? Is there something wrong?"

"You're- You're alive? I-is this for real?"

"I guess so. Oh?"

Tanjiro immediately went to hug his mentor, the former flame pillar, Rengoku Kyoujuro completely ignoring the fact that his foot is literally on fire.

"I see you're smoking a bit there."

"Oh yeah, ouch. Its fine." Tanjiro trying to shrug it off

"So, how are you doing?" Rengoku asked him

"I can't believe it. Rengoku san. Is this really you?"

"Yeah! Of course i am me!"

Tanjiro was so glad to see his mentor after a long time. But he does wonder, how is he alive right now? He's afraid to know the answer and yet, he gain the courage to ask him.

Tanjiro: "But, how are you alive?"

Rengoku: "I uh. I, had become, a d-demon." Rengoku said in a low tone of voice

Tanjiro: "W-what? You b-became a what?!"

Rengoku: "Its okay though. I don't mean harms to human. Just like your sister."

Tanjiro: "That's not the point! You became a demon?! The one thing you swore to destroy?!"

Rengoku: "I have died serving my purpose as a pillar. And then, a person, a child brought me back to life. She gave me a second chance, and i always wanted to meet you the most."

Tanjiro: "How could you?! You said you mean no harm to human. What are you eating then?! Blood right?!"

Rengoku: "Yes but we only needed a drop of blood a day. Not that much."

Tanjiro: "We?!"

Rengoku: "Did i mention that she woke up more than just me?"

Tanjiro: "No! The funny thing is you didn't! How could you?" Tanjiro glared at him

Rengoku: "Hey, i did this for what i think is right. And that's why i wanted to take you to her. Maybe she knows the answer."

Tanjiro: "Who? The demon? Who tried to kill me several times in my life already?!"

Rengoku: "She's a great person. She told me great things and all i need to do to repay her is bring you back to her."

Tanjiro: "And what do you think my answer is then?"

Rengoku: "Well i was hoping you would say yes."

Tanjiro: "In all due respect, Rengoku san. I have to reject your offer."

Rengoku: "Well, its a shame that you rejected my offer. But unfortunately, you still have to come with me. Even if it is by force."

Tanjiro: "In that case, you know that i will harm you if i must right Rengoku san?"

Rengoku: "Go ahead young Kamado. This is my chance to see how much have you grown over the years."

Tanjiro: "Let the battle commence?"

Rengoku: "Let the battle commence."

.
.
.
.

Aoi: "Kanao? Would you mind change the bed sheets tonight?"

Kanao: "Alright Aoi. I will go now."

Kanao had just came back from the man hunt she was in. Both Genya and Inosuke are still trying to track him whilst she went back to the butterfly estate to rest. She's been working for three days straight after all. She grabbed the bed sheets and head towards the ward where the patient are either chatting to each other or just sleeping. She quickly did it and went to the garden where she usually hangs out. She took out her katana to clean it. After she's done polishing and oiling it, it looks mighty shiny under the bright moon light.

The colour of light pink on the blade represent her breathing style. The breath of flowers. It was said that the flowers and plant will bloom around its users whenever it was used. She take a good look at her blade to see her reflection in it.

"Ara~ Ara~ Tonight is looking beautiful right?"

Upon hearing the voice, she instantly recognise it as a demon. With her blade ready in her hand, she got up and points towards the direction that voice came from. But as soon as she saw who it was, she dropped the blade onto the ground. Her whole body was trembling as she is seeing a dead person waving at her. After a moment has passed, she finally opens her mouth.

"N-nee san? K-Kanae nee san? Is that r-really you?" Kanao stuttered

"Is that you, Kanao?"

"Y-yes?" She answered

"Wow, look at you. You've grown so much over the years Kanao. Looking beautiful as i always thought you would be."

Kanao was standing still looking towards the tall figure she recognises as her older sister. She was wearing a flowery patterned kimono with her signature butterfly patterned haori. She was frozen in time while Kanae just looks at her with a kind smile. Then, someone came into the picture.

Aoi: "Kanao? Are you here? I was thinkin-"

Kanae: "Oh, hello Aoi san. Looks like you've grown as well."

Aoi: "Kanae sama? You're, alive?"

Kanae: "Yes, indeed i am."

Aoi: "How are you- Just how are you, alive?"

Kanae: "Well, about that."

"Thunder breathing, first form."

Aoi: "Huh?"

Kanao: "What?"

Nezuko: "Zenitsu san! Wait!"

"Thunderclap and flash."

Sensing imminent danger, Kanae was ready to dodge the attack. But the attack never reached to her, as a pink blade was preventing the lightning patterned blade reaching to her. Kanao managed to stop the thunder from striking its target.

Kanao: "Zenitsu, stand down!"

Aoi: "She's not a threat!"

Zenitsu: "..."

Kanao: "Do you hear me? I said sta-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Zenitsu retracted his blade and does a spinning kick into Kanao's gut resulting her to be flung into the garden fence.

Aoi: "Kanao!"

Nezuko: "Kanao san!"

Ignoring his fallen colleague, Zenitsu turns his gaze towards Kanae. He assume his battle stance ready to unleash his move.

"Thunder breathing, first form. Thunderclap and flash!"

A thunder was unleashed but it did not struck its target but instead the wall behind it creating a giant hole just by the impact alone. Kanae on the other hand seems to be angered just by looking at the man.

"How dare you hurt my little flower. Looks like i have to teach some manner into you mister."

"...Thunder breathing, first form. Thunderclap and flash."

Just as Zenitsu surges forward for another attack, Kanae raised her hands to counter it but she never did got the chance to. Once again, the thunder was stopped yet again. This time by a girl wearing a pink geometric flower patterned haori putting her hands out to stop him. The blade came very close to touch her neck. A split second later then she would've been decapitated. Zenitsu just stood there looking down at the ground.

Nezuko: "Zenitsu san. Please wake up."

Kanae: "Step aside miss. Let me handle this man-"

Nezuko: "No! Its not his fault. He didn't mean to."

Kanae: "What are you saying here little missy?"

Nezuko: "Zenitsu san. Just wake up already!"

Nezuko losing her patience disarmed the blade from his hand and grabbed his shoulder. Zenitsu unexpectedly responded by grabbing her on the waist, lift her up and throw her to the ground. It was like he has no emotion. This made Aoi who was watching from afar came into view and gave him a really strong punch to the face. This resulted in Zenitsu falling to the ground grovelling in pain.

Zenitsu: "Ow! Ow! Ow! What the hell! My face! Ow! My back! What is happening?! Where am i?! Why am i out here?! Ow!"

Aoi: "That's what you get you emotionless bastard."

Kanae: "What is happening here exactly?"

Nezuko: "Please, allow me to explain this."

Aoi: "Are you alright?"

Nezuko: "Yeah, i'm fine."

Kanae: "So, care to explain then?"

Zenitsu: "Yeah! Why is my face and my back feel like literal hell?!"

Nezuko: "Let me tell you from the start. Shall we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 427 5
Tanjirou knew something was wrong the second the smell hit him, well two smells to be exact.He'd been stopped when he'd smelt something very distress...
404K 10.5K 33
I was so useless, I couldn't do anything, except quake before this man, no devil, in fear. Hello, this fan fiction is going to be where Tanjiro becom...
2.8K 248 25
In a world where demons feed off human flesh, Tanjiro Kamado swears to bring down Muzan Kibutsuji and turn his sister back into a human. But in the m...
58.4K 1.8K 16
Tanjiro had always done his best on missions, succeeding and pushing onward. But one thing continued to bug him. After his first encounter with Muzan...