Til I Found You

By purple-ish

He doesn't know love at all. She wished she never knew love. What if love came between them? Would he believe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE

Chapter 5

194K 2.5K 342
By purple-ish

Chapter 5

Liz:

Hello America. Hello new world. Hello new self.

After hours of plane travel, I finally got here. Honestly, I'm a bit anxious about this whole thing. I mean, I don't know anybody. Erase. You are here to move on Liz, not to enjoy too much. But enjoyment will make me move on, somehow.

It's 10 o' clock in the morning and I haven't eaten anything yet. Yea, I might throw up if I eat during the travel. I rode a cab and asked the driver to take me to the nearest restaurant that offers a great variety of food. After a few minutes, he stopped in front of a very classy mall.

"There you go ma'am. The nearest mall that offers a great variety of restaurants to choose from." the driver said with so much confidence in his voice, you can see it in his smile.

I looked at him with so much confusion, scratched my head and said, "Uhm, I think we just had a misunderstanding. Nah, never mind." I went out the cab and handed him my fare. 

After 15 minutes of strolling and looking for a place to eat, I found the perfect one. It was located on the second floor of the mall, and it's so much different from the others. The tables were outside the resto and they were not just tables, it was more of a picnic table complete with the big umbrella over it.

I ordered one mocha frappe, a slice of blueberry cheesecake, and garlic bread. I was enjoying my breakfast and enjoyed it even more while reading another book again. Minutes passed and I heard someone crying. I put down and closed the book I am reading and saw a little boy in front of my table. I immediately stood up and approached the little boy. I sat down, my knees touching my chest, and rubbed the boy's back with my palms.

"Why are you crying little boy? Who's with you?" I asked, trying to stop him from crying.

Still sobbing he replied," M-my ball. It, it rolled and I followed it." Sob."And now, now I'm lost. I was looking for Daddy but-" And he cried again.

I gave him a hug and tapped his back. "Ssh, don't cry little boy, we'll find your Daddy. I'll help you" I gently pulled away and wiped his tears with my hands.

Then suddenly, a man standing just few steps away spoke."Bryan? Oh my goodness Bryan! Where have you been?" He ran towards the boy and the boy hugged him tight, crying again."I've been looking for you."

The boy, catching his breath tried to explain."My my ball just--"

"It's okay boy, no need to explain. I'm glad I found you."

I stood up and stepped towards them with a smile on my face."So, your name must be Bryan."

His father stood up and talked to his son, "You know this girl Bryan?"

Bryan nodded and gently smiled."Mmm. When I was lost and crying, she hugged me and promised to help me find you until you came. She even tried to make me stop crying." He turned to me and smiled.

Talking to his son, his Daddy said."Well, I guess we'd better give her something as thanksgiving, don't you think Bryan?"

Bryan's face lit up when he heard that. He agreed and ran towards me, grabbing my hands. "Come eat with us."

I looked at him, then to his father. His father nodded in agreement. "I just had my breakfast a while ago...but because Bryan requested, I will."

"Yey!" Bryan jumped and pulled my hands.

I picked up my things and followed them to a coffee shop. The place was cozy, complete with the classical music playing on the background. And the aroma of the fresh coffee beans lingers throughout the place.

We sat down and the waiter immediately approached us.

"May I take your order?

"'l'll have one coffee…"

"Chocolate cake for me Dad."

"Okay, and one slice of chocolate cake. And…"He looked at me."...what do you want?"

"I'll just have a cup of coffee too."

He looked at the waiter. "Another coffee for her."

"So you'll have two coffees and a slice of chocolate cake. Is there something else you want to order sir?" said the waiter with a smile.

"No, thanks."

And the waiter left.

Bryan was busy playing with his ball right now, so he obviously doesn't pay any attention on either me or his dad. The man smiled at me and extended an arm, "I almost forgot. My name's Alex, Bryan's father. Thank you for accompanying him."

I also extended my arm and shook his."No problem sir. My name is Liz, Elizabeth Van Hossen."

"You're a Van Hossen? Are you related to the famous fashion designer Natalie van Hossen and Richard van Hossen, an architect and CEO of one of the biggest human resource company in England?"

I was surprised by his reaction."Uhm, how did you know my parents?"

He was even more surprised this time."They're you parents? Wow, what a small world. “A smiled curved on his lips." Well, your mother designed my ex-wife's gown for our wedding few years ago."

I interrupted him."Ex-wife?"

He nodded."Yeah, we separated."

"Oh, I'm sorry. And Dad? How did you know him?"

"Hmm, just recently I've opened my very first coffee shop branch in England and I had your father design the interior and exterior for me. I also made arrangements in his company for the manpower." 

"Oh I see."

The waiter came, together with our orders. Bryan, having sight on the chocolate cake, loosed grip on the ball and started eating. I took a sip from my cup. Wow, this coffee is incredible.

Alex looked at me again."You're modeling some of your mother's works right?"

"Yeah."

He laughed a little."You know what; my ex-wife is a fan of yours." Then he laughs again. "She has that every fashion magazine where you are in the cover. And really loves your Mom's works. I think you two should meet someday, don't you think?"

I grin."My pleasure…"

Suddenly, his face became confused."Wait, aren't you supposed to be in England? With your family? What brings you here?"

Yeah, I remembered. I forced a smile." Well, a long story. You wouldn't want to know."

"I understand." He took a sip in his coffee and asked me again."Where will you be staying?"

"Uhm, at the school's dormitory where I transferred. Actually, I still don't know where it was. I mean, I just came here today."

"What's the name of the school? Maybe Bryan and I can drive you there."

"Uhm, was it Lynden? Yeah, Lynden High, that's it."

"Lynden High? Well my son studies there too."

I looked at Bryan with confusion."Bryan?"

He giggled."Nah, my first son. I hope you two can get along."

I didn't say a word. He's a he right? I don't want to. I yawned, probably because of the very tiring trip from England to Philadelphia.

Alex looked at me."Well I guess you're tired. I think we should drive you to your dorm now.

We went inside Alex's car and started our way to Lynden High. I fell asleep during the road trip. After one and a half hours, I guess, we got there. Woah. This place was more intricate than it was in the picture on the web. Alex and Bryan walked me to my dorm after accompanying me to the admissions office to get my schedule and bid our farewell to each other. Alex gave me his calling card in case I needed something.

The room was spacious enough for me - a bedroom, a bathroom, living room and a kitchen. It was more like a condominium. The tall windows overlook the nearby lake - I'm going to love this place. After unpacking my things, I went straight to bed.

I was about to sleep when my phone rang. It's Mom. I picked it up, with one eye open.

"Hello Mom? Wait, are you--are you crying?"

Sobbing she answered."No sweetie, of course not." Than she bursted out into tears.

"Now you are Mom."

"I missed you already sweetie! This is the first night I won't be able to kiss you goodnight. Please come back."

"Mom, I just arrived."Sigh."You'll get used to it Mom. I have a class tomorrow; I'd better be sleeping right now. Good night Mom. I love you."

"Okay sweetie. Just don't forget to call and e-mail us everyday okay? I love you too. Good night sweetie."

"Please tell Dad I love him too."

"I will sweetie, take a rest now. Bye"

"Bye Mom.

Call ended.

Sigh. I'm used to be alone but, I have to admit, it was kinda sad being away from them.

Tomorrow's Monday. I wish I was ready.

Sigh. This is going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187 27 13
It all was started just because of painting and now.. it changed her life making her having two choices... At first it was like nightmare but then sh...
33.3K 1.5K 40
Weird love story
4.2M 72.9K 78
he wasn't supposed to be intrigued by her innocent nature and she wasn't supposed to become bedeviled by his snap and senselessness. he thought he wa...
171 9 60
The way he loved her was relentless and unconditionally but how can she forget his love so easily and be with someone else?