Indecisive (Miya Atsumu x OC...

By hanafuda

Start: 7th of April 2021 End: ×××××× The international prodigy, one man team, Hoshikin Hätz is faced with the... More

How It Started
1. Moving
2. Volleyball
3. Moment
4. Confession
5. Decision
6. Run and Hide
7. Date
8. First Round
9. For the first time 🍒
10. Match
12. Interhigh
13. Camp

11. Calm before the storm

32 1 0
By hanafuda

Hoshikin: ×We won. You should watch the match, I think you'll find it interesting.×

Tobio: ×I will never lose to them again! Can you bring the tape when you come for practice?×

H: ×You better keep your word then! I don't want to see them in the finals next time! And, sure will bring the tape then, might have to do some extra training so I will probably be a bit late.×

      On his way out of the doctor's, Hoshikin took his time to message his friend and let him know about the final, the result was to be expected, not even one person thought the Blue Castle could win but no-one expected that kind of humiliating defeat. Now critics from all over the world were talking about how Japan isn't challenging enough for the prodigy and started questioning his decision to go there. They did recognize his team-mate's power, another talent to be applauded, the teen who made it to the world's team starting this year Ushijima Wakatoshi.

      And just for him, Hoshi already never plans on leaving. The green eyed teen has been waiting outside for him, his arms crossed over the chiseled chest, still taking the win in as it went unexpectedly quickly. They said a normal player would never be able to tell the overwhelming difference between them and someone way better. But in this case, Wakatoshi isn't a normal player and Hoshi is the player standing at the very top of that board. He can see how much better this star is, but also he is not sure how he can overcome that difference. These thoughts quickly wash away as the brunette smiles and gets closer to his boyfriend, looking around to make sure no-one else is there.

      "What a nice surprise, you waited for me?" His voice is suave, definitely knowing the answer to that already, but the oh-so-blunt man still answers very seriously.

      "Of course. I didn't like the decision you made to continue the game. If your finger was broken you could've been benched for the rest of the tournament."

      "It was not hurting so much, I'm not made of paper, you know? Just a sprain, the swelling will go down eventually and after a one week break it'll be as good as new."

      Trying to chase those worries away from his lover's mind Hoshikin tries to get closer, but Ushijima takes a small step back, with it making Hoshi feel like a part of him was ripped. The older boy looks around quickly, checking that no-one is around and then pulls his boyfriend towards him, crashing their lips together. It's such a bittersweet feeling for the brunette, he can't say no, he can't stay away and yet every time his boyfriend steps away from his touch just because of other people's opinion.

      Lost in their feelings, the teens are oblivious of their surroundings for the next couple of seconds. What could happen in such a short time anyway? It was just a short embrace, a moment of their lips being sealed together and yet a bystander couldn't help but think of how much money he'd make if he sells a picture of two volleyball players kissing like that. Sure enough, just as he clicked on his phone the default sound rang through the empty corridor, making the lovers step away immediately and look in that direction.

      "What do you think you're doing?!" The first one to speak up is Hoshikin, already stepping towards the person who took that shot.

      "Give me that phone." orders Wakatoshi, running to him, but the teen seems to be very familiar with the place as he slips into another room and then out through the emergency exit.

     "How could that happen?! If that picture gets out..." the older teen looks for the culprit, spilling his anger when he can't see him anymore.

     "Is that... Is that such a bad thing? For people to know about us?" Hoshi isn't sure of how he should take it. Is his boyfriend ashamed of him? Or maybe he just wants to be careful and protect him?

      "I'm just not sure I can deal with the repercussions. Let's wait a bit more if possible... And in the meantime... I think we should keep our distance in public."

      It didn't take more than just those words to throw Hoshikin in a spiral of dark thoughts. *History is repeating. It's happening again. Maybe I'm just not good enough to be worthy of him. Maybe I'm not fit to be his boyfriend. I'm just worthless.* The brunette takes a step back, feeling like his knees will give in soon enough and then nods before running out somewhere else.

       The day after they would usually go out for running and meet at the gym but somehow that didn't seem fitting. Ushijima sent him a message saying he'd like to run alone today and clear his head, pushing Hoshi even more in the anxiety pool. He drowned himself in the work for his father's company, trying to wipe out the feelings over this situation and carefully watching the news for the picture that was taken to resurface. He just can't think anymore, living more like a robot than a human.

      That night he calls Tobio asking if they are at school so he can bring the tape. The latter could sense from Hoshikin's voice that something is not right so he offers to come over and take it, which he doesn't refuse. In just a few minutes, the teen shows up at the door, gasping for air as he must've been running like crazy till here.

      "What are you doing? Look at you, the running monster ran out of air! You didn't have to hurry like this!" The concern is clear from Hoshi's voice, but he doesn't get to hear the answer before two arms wrap around him and pull him close.

       "What happened? You sounded like you're crying on the phone." Tobio asks in the most soothing voice he can pull off, squeezing him gently.

       "What do you mea- I- I-..." and he finally let go of all that pain. Before they could even enter the house, the older teen started crying like there's no tomorrow, his sobs muffled by Tobio's embrace and mostly his shoulder.

       For half an hour he didn't bring himself to stop, he just couldn't, there was so much build up pain that he pushed aside and now it all exploded. Kageyama is patiently patting his back, every once in a while stopping just to make him drink some water.

      "...Wakatoshi wants to keep it a secret... From everyone... And we - we.. Someone shot a photo of us kissing.... He was mad, I've never seen him so angry at something, so ashamed of himself... Of us... He told me he doesn't want to train with me anymore and keep his distance so the rumors won't spread out..." between hiccups and sobs, Hoshi tells his side of the story and Kageyama unexplainably gets angry at the unfolding. How could anyone have Hoshi as a boyfriend and be afraid to show him off? That's something he just can't understand no matter how he thinks about it!

     "I'm gonna beat his ass, no matter what, I promise you he will taste defeat for that. Hoshikin! You're more than worthy, you are an amazing person that anyone would be lucky to have! There is no doubt about that!" the determination in Tobio's eyes is something breathtaking. He might not be the most emotional person in the world but at the right moment everyone can count on him.

     "Thank you, Tobio! I'm really lucky to have you." It was Hoshi's turn to pull him into an embrace and they took a minute or two to get back to themselves.

×××××××

      Next week started and with it the real training, they had a schedule full of training matches with college teams, running to build up resistance and workouts in the gym whenever they had a bit of free time. Finals are also approaching since the term is ending in two weeks, just in time for the finals of Interhigh in Tokyo. Hoshi has been around the volleyball hall since the morning, practicing his hits with Shirabu and then playing 2-on-2 with a few students. Wakatoshi on the other hand has been out of academy, either running or at the gym, for the final match he is supposed to come back, but he definitely seems to take his time.

      They did start speaking more and patching things up, the fear of that photo is slowly fading and they can't deny the feelings both hold for each other. Secretly dating is a pain in the ass, but somehow it was working better. Usually Wakatoshi would come over and they'd get to spend more time together, just like they did before.

      The green haired teen has been focusing all the way on his training and thinking about his hits over and over again, barely letting the conversation from last week creep into his mind. It's not the right moment to think about it, not when they are so close to the finals and when they have a very good chance of winning.

      Just when he is about to reach the Academy, two familiar figures seem to talk about him so he stops and asks what is that about. "Can I help you with something?"

      "JAPAN!!" the orange headed shorty yells, confusing Ushijima for a second, but he brushes it off.

      "If it's nothing, I'm leaving." he comments, the usual uninterested voice making it clear he doesn't have time to idle around.

     "We're from Karasuno's volleyball team. Would it be all right if we observe your practice match?" This time the tall brunette speaks up, stepping forward to stop him.

     Now he does remember who he is. Karasuno's setter that came from Kitagawa, also the person who is unnecessarily close to Hoshi. This irks him somehow and he can't hide it on his face, provoking them "Do whatever you want. You watching us won't make us weak. I'm on my way back to school right now. If you want to watch, follow me— assuming you can keep up." and with no other word he starts sprinting at his usual speed, making his way back to the Academy.

      He is left quite surprised that the two manage to keep up with absolutely no problem, the speed is certainly not low, so far from his team only Hoshikin managed to keep up, yet the duo is even arguing while running and doesn't seem to run out of stamina. He gets lost in those thoughts, taking a few notes about what he can see about them just to later realize they aren't behind him anymore when he reaches the entrance to the hall. Ushijima takes a look around, finally spotting them squatting down in front of the window.

      "You're late." he starts speaking before hearing the introduction of the person he started to dislike without even knowing.

     "I did apply here, but got rejected." the brunette confesses, somehow making him happy that happened.

     "Of course." Ushijima smirks, but quickly continues so it doesn't seem like he is hating on Kageyama "We have no need for a setter who doesn't devote himself to the ace." he states, glaring down on the younger kid, the sense of superiority rising in him.

     "Though if that's the case then the great king wouldn't fit here either." Hinata notices since the captain wouldn't submit to someone just because he is asked to, definitely not the way this ace wants it.

     "Oikawa doesn't have anything to do with this!" Kageyama interferes, showing his distaste for the senpai that definitely got the worst defeat of his life.

     "He's an excellent athlete. He should've come here. Oikawa has the talent to bring out the best in the players around him..."

     "Oh? Wakatoshi, are you talking about the finals again? I already apologi-" a tall teen in the specific volley uniform steps out of the gym finally seeing who is his boyfriend conversing with after getting there late for practice.

     "Hoshi!" Hinata enthusiastically cheers, a wide smile spreading on his lips as he waves his hands to greet his friend.

     "Wahh~ Isn't this a surprise? What brought you around here, Tobio, Hinata? Did he pick you up to come play with us?" he smiles back, excited to see all two of his favorite people after this very long day.

     "We met by chance while I was running back and they wanted to watch the practice match." Ushijima doesn't let them answer first and carefully steps closer to his boyfriend while glaring at Kageyama.

     "You should've just asked me if you wanted to practice with us! I could arrange it with my grandfather, I'm sure it'd be an awesome match!" Hoshi always goes to their practices and somehow they never mentioned that they'd like a chance to train here too.

     "So, why talk about that setter? Did you finally watch the recording?" he then continues, directing all of his attention to Tobio since he is the one who could've learned the most from that.

     "We did, it was really useful! Thank you again for sharing it! I still want to ask you about certain things from that match.'' The teen is definitely grasping every opportunity to learn and get better, his talent and this hunger are truly astonishing, a shining gem that everyone will get to know one day.

     "Why bother? Planting a seed in a fallow field won't produce any worthwhile fruit." Ushijima butts in, clearly upset with how much time Hoshi is dedicating to something so meaningless.

     "If Blue Castle is a fallow field, then what are we? Barren concrete?" Hinata's glare is sending chills down to their bones. Hoshi mentally scolds his boyfriend, but he doesn't take the hint easily.

     "If I have somehow insulted you, I apologize." he finally does speak up, but the next words upset even the brunette standing close to him "But as a team who couldn't defeat Aoba Johsai and didn't reach the prefectural finals...I don't think much of you at all."

     "Excuse him. Wakatoshi is just very blunt, but I will drill it in his head that it's not the case. Karasuno has an immense potential and they'd be worthy opponents to everyone. They were just a very bad match for you from what I saw." Hoshi tries to mend the situation somehow, but Hinata is already shooting arrows through his glares and doesn't seem to pay attention to what he just said at all.

     Just when he's about to speak again, a ball flies from the hall about to hit him on the side. Ushijima wraps his arm around Hoshi's shoulder and pulls him away, jumping to catch it, but Hinata quickly jumps up over his head and gets it, making sure to stare at Wakatoshi the whole time.

     "My name is Hinata Shoyo from the concrete. I'm going to trash your team and go to the nationals." the smallest threatened them and they all knew he really believes that will happen in the upcoming tournament.

     "Here you go, Hoshi, we'll see you around." the boy finally hands off the ball, his anger really wasn't directed at the golden boy, just at that captain who insulted his team.

     "You really shouldn't have done that, Wakatoshi. Let's go, we need to practice extra hard now that you made enemies." Hoshi half joked before smiling and bidding Tobio goodbye too, pointing him towards the gate.

×××××××××

     Going to Tokyo is a dream come true for Hoshikin. He's been extremely excited for this since the very beginning of this tournament, even if his father made sure to overload him with work, which will definitely be making him a living ghost for the first part of the Interhigh, the teen is still happy for the sight seeing and a tiny bit of free time to go visit. He barely stepped out of the bus when an army of reporters, forming a similar picture to the day when he first got here, started to attack him with questions.

     "Aghhh, sorry for the ruckus, guys. I'll try to handle them so you can all go ahead unbothered." Hoshikin apologizes as he motions the reports to step to the side so the rest can pass.

     "Mr. Hätz, how is Japan accommodating you? Did you get used to the language? How do you find the educational system here? What were the biggest adjustments you had to make? How is volleyball here compared to what you were used to? Will we be seeing you in the national team for the junior world tournament?'' The questions kept flowing and flowing, but lucky enough he knew when to stop them.

     There is a certain relief that thankfully no questions about his relationship showed up. He clears his voice and takes one of the microphones that is leaning towards him to be heard more clearly.

     "I do have to warm up so please let's keep the questions to a minimum for now, okay? Thank you. I find Japan to be an exquisite beauty. A country where tradition and technology mix perfectly, so far I think it's one of the best countries I've traveled to, especially because of the people that have been a huge help in this transition. So for the language, I have to admit that my conversational Japanese has helped me a lot, but the writing is quite difficult, yet I have no doubt it's gonna change with a bit more practice. Volleyball here and there is still volleyball, a sport I plan on dedicating my life to, but I am looking forward to seeing the very best at this tournament and at the national training camp. And of course, if I'm selected for it, I'd be honored to play for the national team in the junior world championship. Now if you'd excuse me, I have a tournament to win." he smugly says, giving back the mic and slipping away from the crowd.

     He sprinted to the hall, taking a turn before accidentally bumping into someone. The boy he hit seems very frail, but he didn't even pay attention to himself being more concerned about the tablet he is holding in his hands. Hoshi extends his hand and gently pulls him up, apologizing for his mistake.

     "Ah no, hurry! Jump, jump, sword attack, left punch, jump, dodge and sword attack again! That's the hardest boss and only this combo works on him!" Hoshi suddenly yells when he sees that the player is about to die in the hands of the last boss from Death Traps.

     The pudding headed teen takes a second to realize what's the meaning behind those words but his fingers move over the controls almost instinctively, following the instructions he's been given with the highest precision possible. Soon enough the congratulatory message pops up, with the special 10th person to beat the game prize.

     "Thanks! I've been trying to find a solution for this level for days already! And none of the people who finished it before would post it online.''He is really grateful to beat this, there's a time limited event going on and the first 100 people to beat the game will get a prize.

     "Ah yes, please don't post it either! They're gonna release the solution after the event is over, but I could get in trouble for sharing." The brunette is rubbing the back of his head, trying not to be too awkward since he did share one of the company's secrets that he was supposed to keep.

     Death traps is actually the project he's been working on this past month. The developers finished it after a long year and he has been trusted to overlook the process and then take care of the launching. It's quite an interesting game if he can say so himself, but that's a biased opinion.

     "Oh? Is there a non-disclosure agreement? I skipped the first part and jumped into the game."

     "Yes, but not the point. I think my father would kill me before the legal team gets to me. Which is equally bad now that I think about it since mom leads the legal process.'' This thought alone terrified Hoshi, both of his parents would give him an earful if they were to find out, even if maybe they wouldn't kill him.

     "You're that volleyball player! Hoshikin Hätz! Your father owns the Golden Mag Empire! You look quite different from the pictures."

     "Ah yes, please call me Hoshikin. How about I give you my number and you can text me later about the game? I'm actually in a bit of a hurry to catch a match but I wanna hear the opinion of a player if you want to share.'' The teen quickly types in some numbers in a note on the tablet and then runs off.

     *Who the fuck is late at their own game?!?*

×××××××××××××××××

Writing note updates:

Italics- for thoughts

Bold- stressed words during a sentence

"dialogue"- for speech/ spoken lines

Name: ×italics×- for written messages/texts

A/N: Sooo....I'm bending the timeline just a tinnyyyy bit- the interhigh finals are supposedly in august, the one day training camp is in july, I'm just gonna put them both around the same time since Nekoma already lost the qualifiers and the only team that would overlap with my plot is Fukuroudani who will play the quarters just after the training camp is over. So the timeline goes pretty much like this: one day camp- 15th of june, interhigh- from 20th to 28th and the one week training camp at Shinzen from 30th to 5th of August. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 158 12
❗This story is up for adoption, if interested, please contact me❗ One day, Hinata feels dizzy and tired and is sent home to rest. The next day, he wa...
211K 7.3K 45
This story is about Noya being a trans guy and scared to tell his team about it. However one day Karasuno team finds out. Will they support him? ☡Not...
6.2K 95 36
This is a Hinata harem kinda thing ;-; My favorite ships are KageHina, AtsuHina, and OiHina, And... Well, all of them. Basically Kageyama and Hinata...
109K 4K 26
Kiyoko x Fem Reader Fanfic {ONGOING} You're Asahi's twin sister, who went to Amer...