Abandoned

Galing kay NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go

24.1K 510 9
Galing kay NoraGrande

-Chris' POV-

"I will do anything to please you, Mr White. Is there anymore information you want to share?" I asked Alexander's father who is on the other line of my phone. Right now, we are talking about the project we had been working on. A project that could make history if this is successfully built and I'm proud to say that I'm the main CEO of the building which is full of professional bosses around the whole States of America. If this project is successful, I will try to make another history which involved Asia and Europe.

"I think that's all, for now. I will inform Alexander about the next meet up before the real work starts." Mr. White replied.

"Alright. See you next Thursday, Mr. White. Good day." I hung up and started to punch in some keys on the keyboard, creating a brand new document which related to this project. I blindly searched for my cup of coffee but it's not on the table. I groaned and lazily used the office phone to dial my secretary's office number, just to tell her to make me a coffee.

I punched in the number and waited for her to reply. For the first time, she didn't answer. I tried again. Still, no answer. Of course, I try again. Right after the sixth ring where I almost gave up on her, she answered.

"Natalie Jones, secretary for Chris Cortes, CEO of Cortes' Co." She formally answered. I rolled my eyes and started bellowing at her.

"Why didn't you answered in a split second? I have to call you at least three times before you answered! Where did you exactly go?" I tapped my pen on the table, waiting for her answer. I could hear her breath started to change. From normal to a scared one. I guessed I'm really harsh, huh? But it's her responsibility to not make the boss wait.

"I'm sorry. I was at the bathroom. Is there anything you need?" She asked. I massaged my temples, trying to calm my stressful mind. I sighed and answered her.

"A cup of coffee, please and don't make me wait. Or else, you might see a shortage of zero in your paycheck." I threatened her. I could hear her swallowed a gulp. After that, there's a silence on the other end. A few seconds later, she replied, "one cup of coffee, coming right up."

Around five minutes later, there's a knock on the door. Knowing that the knocking came from Natalie, I shouted, "Come in!"

The door slowly opened and saw Natalie struggling herself to hold onto the handle of the door and also a cup of coffee that is filled until the brim. I don't even bothered to help her because she had done this a lot of times.

After getting herself balanced, she walked towards me and placed my coffee on top of my office table. Instead of going out and go to her desk to continue her work, she just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, waiting for me to say something. To be honest, there is nothing to talk about or share with. I just stared at my computer screen and read my emails, ignoring Natalie.

She growled and walked out of my office, ended it with a loud slam on the door. When she was walking out, my eyes automatically looked at her swaying hips which makes me unfocused on my work. After the loud slam, I woke up from my daydream. I massaged my temples and continued my work.

God, ever since we're not together, my work started to get intense and sometimes couldn't concentrate on my work due to me, keep on thinking what is she doing right now. I sighed. Honestly, I missed her... A lot.

-Melissa's POV-

"Argh, I can't believe I just failed my literature test!" I pouted, correcting the mistakes on my literature test paper that I failed quite badly for it. Right now, me and James are alone, studying. It's really tiring because we just came back from school and we started to study straight away as our examinations are just a week later. It's been a month since we're doing this and my brain could explode if I didn't take a break.

"Well, you just fail by five marks. It's no big deal." James shrugged, taking a sip of his root beer. I glared at him and slapped his left arm hard without giving him any warning. Because of that, he accidentally spit his root beer and it landed on top of our homework. He furrowed his eyebrows and swore softly. I just smiled as if nothing happened and it doesn't involve me.

"You really gonna pay for this, Melissa Evans." He warned me with his deep solemn voice. I just swallowed a gulp and didn't dare to interrupt him again.

James took a nearby rug from the laundry basket and started cleaning up the mess on the table. Doesn't want to disturb him, I continued to solve the word problems for Math homework. But then, the doorbell for the front door started to ring.

My head quickly turned back, towards the door. I then looked James. He put his finger on his lips, asking me to not make any noise. I just obeyed him and nodded. He got up, leaving the rag on top of the table and quickly get the door as he doesn't want someone outside to wait.

He opened the door and his face changed. His mouth slightly opened. His hands also started to become clammy. His expression is just priceless. He's really shocked but I don't know what caused him to be like that. As I was about to get up and approached him, his face changed... Again. This time it was from shocked to happy? God, is this dude okay?

He then exclaimed, "Mom! Dad! Gosh, you're back!" He went out and I think he gave them a bear hug. I heard someone giggled outside. That sounded familiar. Yup, it's totally his parents. So without further ado, I went towards the door to greet James' parents.

"Good evening, Mr and Mrs. Miller." I formally greeted them. All of them looked at me, breaking the embrace they shared. I smiled and gave them a wave. James' mom looked much more elated when she sees me. She rushed to me and gave me a hug. A very tight hug. I laughed and hugged her back, but also carefully due to my baby bump getting bigger. Gosh, I looked fat.

"Oh my gosh, Mel baby! It's so nice to see you again." She said full of excitement. I just giggled shyly and replied her, "Nice to see you too."

I let go of the hug and steadied my breathing. I invited them all inside. James was the last to enter the apartment. James purposely put his arm around my shoulder and dragged me, forcing me to walk. I glared at him and of course, he doesn't care. I heaved a sigh and just let him do whatever he wanted to do.

"So, James... How's the trip to Los Angeles?" His dad asked. James let go of me and gently guided me to a comfortable one-seated chair. He then sat on the armchair and faced his parents.

"Well, it was fun and also a little bit awkward." He trailed off on the word, awkward. But why awkward?

"Why 'awkward'?" His dad asked.

"Urm, Megan is partnered with Melissa's best friend, Olivia. She always follow us around and it's kinda awkward because when we wanted to talk, we just couldn't due to the break up. But luckily, Melissa is with me the whole time." He explained. On the last sentence, he looked at me with his flirty grey eyes. He even smirked at me. I shamelessly smiled at him and then looked down.

"That's really sweet. Thank you Melissa for being with him. Anyways, this curious me. Are you two, like you know, together again?" Mrs Miller suddenly asked that question, makes me startled and loss of words. James just put his hand on my shoulder and mouthed, "I handle this."

"Mom, we're not together..." He trailed off. But I saw him mouthing something. I couldn't hear him properly. I just shrugged and listened to the rest of his explanation which obviously includes him and the pregnancy.

"Well, uh... She..." He stuttered. Yup if I'm in his scenario, I obviously gonna staggered too.

"Because she's married and has a child?" His dad answered. My eyes suddenly wide-opened. I looked at him, disbelief. How does he know that? I looked at James' reaction. It's the same as mine. What? How? Huh?

"How do you know that?" I quickly asked him without a second thought. I just needed the answer.

"Right now, I'm working with Chris Cortes on setting up the building that he's gonna gather with bunch of CEOs to work with. So, he hired me to plan out the shape of the building. Now I considered myself as the main architect because I had met him to discuss about this." He explained. Oh my God. James' dad is working with my ex-husband.

"But haven't answer the real question. How do you that she's pregnant?" James defended me. Oh yeah, he didn't exactly told me how he knew it.

"During a lunch break, I was sitting beside him. His face is full of concern, sadness... So I decided to ask him what's wrong. He answered that he just divorce with you but he regretted it. He really wants you back and also see his wife's baby bump grows as that's the only thing that makes him happy." Suddenly, a tear started rolling down my cheek. He missed me. I bit my lip to hold back my tears. But then, James' mom came to my side and comforted me. She brings me outside the apartment, leaving James and his dad.

"Just let it all out, sweetheart." She began. I hugged her and I cried all my tears that I've been holding on. She rubbed my back, giving me the comfort.

"He.. He.. Still misses me." I managed to say it. Mrs. Miller rested her chin on top of my head.

"I know, sweetie. I know... It's obvious." She answered me. I let go and looked at her. I wiped all my dry tears away and obviously my face looked disgusting.

"What are you gonna do now... Since you already know that he missed you." She asked me, putting both of her hands on my shoulder. I sighed and think for awhile. Suddenly, an idea formed in my brain. I smiled at her and gave her my answer.

"I'm gonna meet him." I answered, shocking Mrs. Miller.

"What?"

"I'm gonna meet Chris!" I said it much more louder. Mrs. Miller gave me the 'are-you-serious" look. I just nodded vigorously. She just sighed and just go with my plan.

Suddenly, I saw the twins coming up the stairwell. I gave them an uncertain look. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for them to climb up and answered me why are they here.

"Okay. We're here because we heard that you're sad and you need something or someone to cheer you up. So, we're here with your favourite coffee from Starbucks." Olivia explained. I just smiled and gladly took my cup of coffee.

"Who asked you to come?" I took a sip of my coffee. God, I missed Starbucks' coffee!

"James called me with a panicky voice. So we both came." Oliver answered. I just nodded and continued drinking my coffee, admiring the taste.

"So, why are you outside?" Olivia then asked. Before I could answered, Mrs. Miller already answered for me.

"She wanted to meet Chris. I'm bringing her right now but I can't drive a car for this period of time." She said guiltily. We, all, gave her the look which could forced people to answer us directly.

"I had a speeding fine for ten times... Or more." She replied us. We laughed and of course, Mrs. Miller's face started to turn red, embarrassed.

"Alright, alright. I'll drive, okay?" Oliver suggested. I just smiled and quickly went downstairs then into Oliver's sedan after he unlocked it.

I can't believe that I'm really going to meet him again.

-James' POV-

After seeing my mom trying to comfort Melissa, my heart started to hurt. I couldn't see her this way. I quickly took out my phone from my pocket and started calling Oliver. By the time both my mom and Melissa went out, Oliver answered.

"Hello?"

"Dude, come by my apartment. Melissa... She's crying again." I convinced him. I hung up afterwards, doesn't care on his reply. I put my phone on top of the coffee table and sighed.

"You still loved her." My dad suddenly said. My dad really knows me well. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, I still loved her. Because of me, she have to suffer. Because of me, she gets pregnant and married to that goddamn CEO. Because of me, she cried. Her life is full of agony, because of me! I failed to make her happy. Instead of making her happy, I make her cry. And it hurts me so much as her, suffering!" I blurted out. It's the fact. Because of me, she have to be in this perspective. I'm a fucking bad guy right now.

My dad just looked at me, waiting for me to calm down. How can I calm down when I still love my ex-girlfriend that doesn't want me anymore. I softly swore and looked down.

"James. You have to be patient. If she doesn't want you and wanted to be with Chris, then move on. There is much more girls that you may like." He advised me. I shook my head.

"No one is better than Melissa, dad. She's the best girl I've ever met. Yeah, I may bullied her during her freshmen year but we eventually get together because throughout that year, I see that she's different. And I love different girls unlike the cheerleading squad. All of them wanted to attract boys because they just wanted to get fucked." I explained to my dad on how bad I wanted her back. I just couldn't let her go.

"Okay then, son. Suit yourself. If you think you can fight for her, I'm just gonna say that I'm really proud of you because you don't give up. And I like that kind of son." He complimented me. I gave him a smirk to show that I'm gonna prove him that I will get Melissa... Maybe.

Suddenly, my dad's phone rang. He looked at the the caller ID and answered.

"Hello, sweet pea." That's obviously my mom calling him because since I was young, my dad always call my mom 'sweet pea'.

"What? Are you kidding? Not at all? Okay fine, I tell James about it." He hung up and looked at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well?"

"Melissa is going to meet Chris. Your mom and the twins are following her." My dad replied. I could feel my heart shattered into million pieces. She really doesn't want me, huh? I took a deep breath and without warning, I started to swore loudly which startled my dad.

Why? Why does she always choose him? Not me? I'm her first fucking love! And I really intend to be her last. God, why am I so fucking stupid for following Lucas' orders?! I kicked the chair, making it tumbled backwards. I then went into my room, slamming it afterwards and locked it. God, I can't believe this one girl can make me gone insane.

--------------------------------------------------
AYEEEEE IM BACK! Haha, sorry for the late update because I just came back from Indonesia and it was fun! So right now, I'm back to give you guys more chapters. The book gonna end soon and warning... IM NOT GOOD WITH HAPPY ENDINGS. I'm so sorry. Haha, anyways, vote and comment! Also, follow meeeeeee!

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

595K 18K 50
All she ever wanted was someone who can love her, understand her and respect her but destiny has something else stored. All her life she prayed for o...
202K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
7.9K 362 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...