The Boy // Tokyo Ghoul // K...

By _orphan_tears_

Y/N was born a half-breed; the product of a love between their Mother, a Ghoul, and their Father, a human. Wh... More

Y/N's Ghoul.
Ghoulish. // Chapter Two.
A Best Friend. // Chapter Three.

Shift. // Chapter One.

14 0 0
By _orphan_tears_

I remember my parents always telling me that I was the best thing that could've ever happens to them. At first, I wasn't sure why. That was, until I found out what exactly I was.

I was the product of a love between a human man and a Ghoulish woman.

My father wanted me to live a semi-human life, but being a half-breed it didn't come as easy as he'd thought.

My tongue and body was wired differently than a humans; it was a Ghouls. Human food was detrimental to me, and the only thing that really satiated my hunger was that of human flesh.

It pained me to know that, and I hated that I'd been brought into this world as a 'monster.' I thought I'd never be able to live the normal life my father wanted for me, and I was right. Partially, at least.

I was taught from a young age how to blend in more with the humans around us, and I never had to go out and kill for my food. Not that I would have even if I were forced.

I was taught to swallow human food whole on the first bite instead of chewing, or else I'd be forced to spit it out due to my tastebuds despising the taste. The slight downside of that is I'd have to throw it up before my body digested it, or it would make me weak.

I was also taught how to better control my hunger, and my Ghoulish eye. I was told about the CCG; what they did, how they stood out from other people, and what to do if I'd ever come into contact with one.

It was difficult, but I managed.

Mother and Father were friends with the Ryusaki family, a family of Ghouls that lived not far away from us.

I was best friends with their daughter, Li. We'd be close since we were young, and it was as if nothing would ever break us apart.

My father convinced my mother to allow me to go to human school, and that's what I did.

I went to a human elementary school, and then a human middle school.

My parents were close friends with Yoshimura, the manager of a Ghoul-centered Cafe named Anteiku. They were also quite close with Yomo, a Ghoul who was close with Yoshimura. He had a niece and nephew; Touka and Ayato Kirishima.

Due to being relatively close in age, Touka and I grew to be quite close over the years we'd known each other due to Yomo, Yoshimura, and Anteiku.

I spent the majority of my time at the Cafe because of the atmosphere there. I'd always loved to read manga and things of the sort, so being able to have a good drink while reading my favorite stories in the comfort of Anteiku was always a need for me.

In the start of my second term in middle school, a man that I knew well, a friend of my fathers who was also human, had apparently figured out that my mother was a Ghoul.

My father picked me up from school, same as he always did. We took the shortest route home, just as we always did. When we got there, two men with briefcases walked out of our house with blood splattered on their cheeks.

My father sent me off, made me run to Anteiku at the sight of the men. I knew who they were, so I didn't argue much. I'd begged him to come with me, but after a solid fifteen seconds of trying, he shoved me away gently and told me to run; run as fast as I could until I reached the Cafe and was safe.

Seeing the desperate look in his eyes, I stopped begging and did as I was told.

"Y/N." He whispered to me as we hid behind a fence. "Go to Anteiku. Tell Yoshimura about the men you saw when you get there, and he'll understand." He held me by my shoulders.

I looked up at him, tears forming in my eyes. "Daddy?" I said, my voice breaking. "Why won't you come with me?"

"I can't, Sweetheart. I wish I could, but I can't. Not right now, at least." He kissed the top of my head.

"But Daddy, I don't want to leave you behind. And what about Mama?" I sniffled, wiping my nose with my sleeve.

"Y/N. You need to go. Now. Please, for me." He looked at me with fear and hurt in his eyes. "I'll be right behind you. Trust me." He whispered quieter than before.

Something flashed over his eyes. Desperation. Whether that was for me to listen and go, or to avenge my mother, I didn't know. I still don't truly know.

My father never showed up to Anteiku that day.

The next day, I'd found out from Yoshimura that the two men had killed my mother and then executed my father afterwards.

This was done simply because my mother happened to be born a Ghoul and because my father fell victim to the heart.

From then on, Yoshimura took me in. I stayed above Anteiku and began to work in the Cafe after I started Highschool.

I met a human girl shortly after Yoshimura took me in. Her name was Kai Machida. She was a good person, someone who drew me in.

I didn't understand how a human could be capable of such a thing, but after spending the rest of my middle school years by her side, I realized. She was kindhearted and loving, but she wasn't afraid to push that all aside when someone she cared about was being hurt.

She'd been there for me after what happened to my parents and she stuck by me even after I'd healed from that pain.

She was truly my best friend, and I really couldn't have asked for more. The two of us had decided to go to the same Highschool as well, and then after we decided to go to the same college.

"Y/N!" Kai shouted at me.

I looked up and titled my head to the side. I laughed a bit and shook my head a little.

"Kai, shh." I placed my finger over my mouth in a hushing motion, unable to help the smile on my lips.

"Ack-! Sorry. Just... Get over here, you sexy beast!" She said with a giggle, obviously joking with the nickname. It was something each of us had done since middle school.

I rolled my eyes and did as told, sitting in my desk that was beside her.

"So, have you decided which college you're going to?" She asked me.

I nodded with a small smile.

"Kamii." I looked down at my hands as I picked at my nails a bit. "It's going to be a bit difficult, but if I work hard then I'm sure that I can make it." I said with a determined smile.

"Then that's where I'll go too." She said with finality. "We'll study together and get through those entrance exams easy!" She said with a firm nod of the head.

I laughed a bit and nodded with her.

"Hell yeah."

At the end of our Highschool year, the both of us took our entrance exams and passed with fairly high scores. We both decided to go for literature.

In my classes, I met a boy with black hair named Ken Kaneki.

Kai teased me about my friendship with him frequently, but I always shook it off and insisted that we were friends.

Kaneki introduced me and Kai to his friend Hideyoshi, someone that I'd grown close with as well over time.

Kaneki and Hide were both two people that I wouldn't be able to replace. I'd known them around two months, but they were amazing friends; even for two humans.

During lunch one day with Hide, Kaneki, and Kai, I smelt a new scent. It was stronger as a ginger haired male walked by.

I looked around a bit as the scent caught my nose. Thankfully, the other three were engrossed in their own conversation, so I could freely sniff the air without questions.

The scent was stronger as a man with ginger hair walked by. As he did so, I could see his own nostrils flare a bit and he looked at me for a moment before walking away and turning the corner at a building.

"Hey, guys. I'll be back. I'm heading to the bathroom." I smiled at them.

They all waved me off and I followed the gingers path. As I turned the corner, I was pushed into the brick wall with a hand around my throat.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked.

"Someone like you." I huffed, gripping onto his wrist.

"I wouldn't be too sure." He sniffed the air. "It's an odd smell, definitely not all Ghoul."

I grunted as he pressed his hand further into my throat.

"You're right." I grit my teeth. "I'm Y/N L/N. A one-eyed Ghoul." I pushed his hand from my throat after prying his fingers from around it.

"Sad, really. I thought we could be friends since you're the first one I've encountered here." I narrowed my eyes a bit.

"Huh? Friends?" He laughed a bit.

I swept his feet out from under him and watched as he stumbled back into the building behind him. I leaned against the brick wall and crossed my arms.

"If you promise not to choke me again, I'd be happy to give you a second chance." I smiled innocently.

Nishiki had taken me up on my offer. Although he was a year older than me, and in a different department at Kamii, we both grew to be friends and he'd only tried to asphyxiate me one other time.

"-N." I heard someone off in the distance. "Y/N~." The voice sung my first name out.

I blinked rapidly, soon finding myself sat inside of the Cafe of Anteiku. Kaneki was sat in front of me and Hide was to my left. A large floor-to-ceiling window to my right.

When I snapped back into reality, Kaneki was staring at me unimpressed.

I sighed a bit and rubbed my neck shyly.

"Sorry, Ken." I mumbled.

"Anyways." Kaneki started, glancing a bit to his right. "That's her." He said with a fond smile.

I furrowed my brows and followed his line of sight along with Hide.

Hide seemed a bit excited, though when my eyes landed on the person Kaneki was looking at, my eyes widened a bit.

'Rize?' I thought.

I quickly shook my head and fixed my posture a bit.

"Her?" I asked for confirmation.

"Mhm." Kaneki nodded.

Hide laughed a bit and pat the boys head before standing. "Well, I've seen you smitten. It's time that I take my leave and head on home." He teased Kaneki.

I giggled a bit before realizing the situation on hand.

'Don't get yourself hurt, Ken.' I thought to myself before sipping my coffee.

I continued to watch at Kaneki sent side glances at Rize, Rize catching them every so often and smiling at Kaneki.

I couldn't bear to watch any longer. I closed my book and stood up from the table, looking at Kaneki.

"Hey, Ken? My shift is starting soon so I'm gonna go get ready. Okay?" I asked while tilting my head.

He smiled up at me a bit and nodded before looking back to his own book. I walked off and behind the staff door all while glaring daggers into Rize, going up the stairs a bit until I reached a small employee lounge area that had lockers.

I opened mine and placed my belongings into it, pulling on my uniform.

I hummed softly to myself and looked in a mirror.

💕~skip paragraph if you have shorter hair~💕

I grabbed a hair tie from my locker and stood in front of the mirror as I tied it up into a ponytail, fixings few of my baby-hairs until I looked presentable to the public.

💕~resume~💕

I walked out and made my way back town into the Cafe, only to find Rize now sitting with Kaneki.

I gulped, not liking the scene one bit. I refused to listen in to their conversation, but seeing the rather excited look on Kaneki's face; he asked her out. And she said yes.

I groaned quietly and knelt behind the counter with a small whine, looking up to find Irimi staring down at me.

"I know." She mouthed to me.

I shook my head a bit before standing back up and grabbing a rag, walking around the counter and beginning to clear the tables; collecting dishes on a tray and wiping the tables down after.

'He'll be fine.' I kept telling myself. 'He's smart enough not to fall for any tricks or anything of the sort, even if he doesn't suspect she's a Ghoul.'

I sighed a bit and returned the dishes to Irimi so she could wash them. I watched as Kaneki left, Rize staying in place for a while longer before leaving as well.

I felt a buzz in my pocket and opened the notification. It was from Kaneki.

'I did it! We made plans to go to the bookstore this Sunday and then dinner after.'

I smiled a bit, feeling his excitement radiating through the phone.

"Stay safe, Ken." I sighed and texted back.

'Congrats, Ken! Let me know how it goes!'

I then put my phone back into my pocket and sighed, pushing the thoughts to the back of my mind for the rest of my shift.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Ashyl💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9K 3.1K 52
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
554K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
1.1M 36.9K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...