Avatar: Through His Eyes

By Szarinasumalpong

From the Avatar: To Live Again, get to experience the conflict that rages inside the mind of our favorite war... More

Prologue
His First Hunt
The Dream Hunt
Tragedy of The Omaticaya
The New Sky People
Meeting Her
A New Challenge
A Na'vi Duty
The Beginning of Trouble
The Test
Revelation
A Drunk Moment
Fated Destiny
A Talk
Avatar Christmas Trailer
Avatar Christmas
Discombobulating Feelings
Betrayal
Revelation of Feelings
Special Story: Growing up with The Sully's
Brotherly Conversation
Battlefront
"Vanquished"

Battle Call

2.6K 92 5
By Szarinasumalpong

Tsu'tey felt the atmosphere turn solemn when Grace died in Jake's arms. The bioluminescence around them dimmed and the Na'vi fell into hush silence. Some lowered their heads in mourning while most stared at Jake and Tsu'tey for an answer. There was still the growing problem of the tawtute striking again. 

And this time, Tsu'tey didn't have to guess the tawtute would crush the Na'vi by destroying the only connection they have to Eywa. He glanced down and saw Emersyn and her brother, Tom, crying though they held back the noises coming from their throats. Tsu'tey wanted to bend down and comfort her but when he noticed the sudden look in Jake's face before he turned to him holding Neytiri's hand, he knew he was needed.

 Tsu'tey translated the words Jake said to the people. At first it was somber and it seemed to lower the hearts of the people before Jake suddenly let out an empowering speech that didn't bring out rage but a fierce protectiveness for their home. 

"And we will show the Sky People, that they cannot take whatever they want and that this...THIS IS OUR LAND!" Jake roared the last part as Tsu'tey translated it with a cry of his own followed by Neytiri before a cacophony of other Na'vi screamed with cheer and excitement. Jake grasped Neytiri by the hands and charged through the crowd as the Na'vi parted and paved the way for them.

Tsu'tey and Emersyn followed behind. Blood pounded in his ears as he felt his eyes sharpen when the two toruks let out roars once their riders were situated on them before they took off. Their bright red streaks only made the Na'vi more determined to protect their home as they followed on their ikran. 

Tsu'tey flew beside Emersyn as they both gave each other feral grins.

***

Tsu'tey was very much grateful the chieftain of The Olangi Clan (Horse Clan of the Plains) were very accommodating despite their very disrespectful way of entering their territory. Though from the way they were eyeing Jake and Emersyn, he knew they would have let them in either way. 

The appearance of two Toruk Maktos is unprecedented.  Jake explained it to them the oncoming war directly to the chieftain. Soon after, growls and hisses of anger appeared at their atrocities being done to the Omatikaya. The chieftain didn't think for a second before he raised is hand to arms "Maktoko!(We Ride!)" They roared in agreement as they raised their bows and spears. 

Akwey, the clan leader, immediately sent out their best healers and warriors to Vitraya Ramunong (Tree of Souls) to help with the injured Omatikaya. Only then did Tsu'tey felt the burden lift. Akwey noticed the tired state Jake and some of the riders were in and decided to let them stay before they leave when dawn arrives.

Jake gave a respectful thanks before he retreated to the tent he and Neytiri shared. Tsu'tey stared at them with a complicated look on his eyes before he turned to Emersyn only to find her missing. He searched for her through the crowds and found her disappearing form enter her own tent.

He didn't hesitate to follow in after her. She looked startled when he entered and he wondered if there was a Tawtute( Sky People) custom of someone entering one's place of sleep but couldn't recall anything. He'd apologize later but for now, he just felt like being close to her.

"Shouldn't you be with the others?" She gestured outside to the still active Na'vi outside. Feeling something well up  inside him, to which Tsu'tey didn't like and felt like he needed an excuse. "I'm not going to let you sleep unprotected" Tsu'tey explained before he suddenly felt a lot less like an Olo'eyktan(Clan Leader) and more like a skxawng(idiot). 

He could tell Emersyn thought too since being in a clan with a lot of warriors is the safest place for a Na'vi but she let it slide, too sleepy and feeling her body giving in to the comfort of sleep. "Well, if you plan on protecting me tonight then I suggest you also sleep yourself. No point in wasting your energy" Emersyn said with her eyes closed. She had no idea she had pulled Tsu'tey to sleep beside her until he was half lying down.

He tensed up when her breath evened out but her grip didn't slack even once. He eventually decided to lay down beside her and stare at her face.

She was so alien.

She had the markings of a Na'vi but they were all wrong. She could pass as one if seen far but when up close, the difference is clearly seen. He traced her five-fingered hands and counted each of them. Then he traced her eyebrows in fascination before his hands wandered to her chest and paused.

The sound of her steady heartbeat suddenly made him realize how alive this body is. Despite this shell having no soul, the fact that this body can still breath mean that it has life.

He tugged the body close and placed his ears to her chest. He fell asleep with the sound of her heartbeat, the sound of life reverberating in his ears.

***

Tsu'tey woke up bright and early the next morning. Noticing Emersyn was still asleep, he made sure she was situated properly before he went out to discuss with Akwey the plans for the attack. Jake had arrived a few moments later "Nga am'ake ayoeng tsun mong ayfo (You sure we can trust them?)" Akwey asked. He has no ill intent on Jake and his siblings but the entire race of Sky People, still it made Tsu'tey feel threatened for Emersyn. 

"Awnga tsun mong peyä (We can trust him)" He gestured to Jake who nodded and it was all Akwey need. Jake had mapped out the clans closest to them and those further than where they are. The three planned to head their separate ways and expand the battle call. Though Tsu'tey hated being separated from Emersyn he knew it was crucial to inform the other clans as quickly as possible.

The coming war was near.

***

When all clans had gathered around the war camp, the drums of war started. Tsu'tey never thought of the day they would go on an all out war with the Sky People on the intent of their surrender or death. "Fngap yayo!(Metal Bird!)" One of the Na'vi suddenly shouted and a horde of bows nocked with arrows were aimed at the arriving gunship. 

"Pey! alu 'eylana (Wait, that is a friend)" Jake's voice cut through the solemn crowd as the warriors hesitantly lowered their weapons as the gunship approached and landed. Trudy came out with her hands up before she lowered it slightly when Jake approached her. Tsu'tey remembered her as one of the tawtute (Sky People) that joined them during their night celebrations after a successful hunt. 

Trudy noticed him looking at her and she gave a nod in greeting. He returned with a Na'vi greeting. Jake had decided to teach the Na'vi the inner working of the metal bird to aid them in destroying the tawtute (Sky People) once and for all. He noticed Emersyn seemed to be avoiding the stares the Na'vi from the other clans are doing to her and Jake.

When she excused herself and hastily moved away, Tsu'tey caught up to her, determined to figure out what was wrong with her. "Emersyn..." He called out as she stopped at the call and glanced back at him before speaking with a grin on her face "Shouldn't you be there with Jake and the others?" Tsu'tey frowned and shook his head. When dealing with the tawtute, even he must admit that Jake is much more helpful on what to do in a situation like this.

"You look troubled..." was his only reply. Emersyn seemed to deflate at his words as she sighed "I am worried of what will happen as the battle arises" Something flashed in Emersyn's eyes and Tsu'tey wondered what she could be seeing. After noticing her clenching her fists, he knew that it might be something bad and clasped a hand on her shoulder to break her out of her reverie.

She turned to him with a smile "I think I'm going to go somewhere else" She said before he walked away. Tsu'tey was about to follow her but he was called away by his family.

***

Zrina knew that despite her own respect and love for her mother, Artsut could never forgive Jakesully after what had happened to Kelutral (Hometree).

Which was why she had asked Arvok to call Tsu'tey over. "Oel Ngati Kameie Tsmukan (I see you brother)" She greeted with a hesitant smile. Both brothers immediately noticed the change in their sister's demeanor "'Upe lu keyawr Tsmuke? (What is wrong sister?)" Arvok asked. Zrina shook her head and explained to them a disturbing piece she gathered when she eavesdropped on a conversation of her parents alone.

Although Tsu'tey and Arvok disproved of Zrina's actions what she said next, shocked both Arvok and Tsu'tey. Both brothers had known their sa'nok (mother) and sempul (father) had...issues with uniltìranyu (dreamwalkers) before and ever since Jake first entered followed by his siblings, Artsut has been tolerating them by simply avoiding them and it seemed Arvok followed her actions as well. Both having not been seen during their celebrations whenever the Sully siblings, Grace or any sign of Sky People seem to be around.

Artsut had been tolerating them since they posed no threat to Kelutral (Hometree) before but things changed since the fall of their clan's home. He had noticed his mother's eyes seemingly drift towards Jake, who had taken the lead to the fight against the tawtute (Sky People) but they always strayed on Emersyn. 

He had an inkling on what his mother and father had been harboring but he had hoped that would not escalate any further and that would soon quell. He really had to thank Jake for his skxawng (moron) mind otherwise his tsmuke wouldn't have to hear this directly from her parents.

"Mefo lu ke salew tsonta...(They aren't going to...)" She paused as if continuing on with the sentence would strengthen what she had heard from her parents. Arvok shook his head, willing to deny what his sister had just uttered but seeing the devastated look on her face made him hesitate to verbally say it out loud.

Tsu'tey's gaze hardened, he had no idea what to do should his parents act against Jake, the Toruk Makto, or any of his siblings. One things for certain though, he would not allow any harm to come to Emersyn.

In the end, he and Arvok placated Zrina by promising her to keep an eye on their parents. She had reluctantly gone off to join her fellow friends while Arvok went to discuss with some group of hunters of their plan of attack. Tsu'tey watched them leave, both his siblings seem to be growing up so fast before his eyes and only now he just noticed!

They really needed to have a talk about their life after they win the war.

Seeing as he preferred to finish his conversation with Emersyn, Tsu'tey retraced his steps back to find her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 44 9
Aha'ri had a sheltered childhood. Her parents were scarred from the war with the sky people, and intended to protect their children from the world. W...
140K 3.1K 37
You are Jake and Neytiri's second daughter after neteyam and Kiri, and she had five fingers like her father, Jake, but there was something that many...
218K 6.3K 17
"you give me strength" In which, Neteyam falls in love with the eldest daughter of the Metkayina clans chief. But does she want him back? "you make...
88.3K 2.1K 17
Tsu'tey love story. Nimah Quinn is chosen to partake in the Avatar program on the planet Pandora. Once there she hopes to fins some reason for her li...