Anidita : The Flaming Flambeau

By ms__romantic

By the time Barrister Anirudh Roy Chowdhary realizes his feelings for his wife Bondita, it was too late. Now... More

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
CHAPTER 1 : FENCING THE INTRACTABLE
CHAPTER 1 : Part 2
CHAPTER 1 : Part 3
CHAPTER 2 : REVOLTING AND EVOLVING
CHAPTER 2 : Part 3
CHAPTER 3 : LIBERATING THE SHACKLED
CHAPTER 3 : Part 2
CHAPTER 3 : Part 3
CHAPTER 3 : Part 4
CHAPTER 4 : OPEN SECRETS
CHAPTER 4 : Part 2
CHAPTER 4 : Part 3
CHAPTER 4 : Part 4
CHAPTER 5 : INTO THE UNKNOWN
CHAPTER 5 : Part 2
CHAPTER 5 : Part 3
CHAPTER 5 : Part 4
CHAPTER 6 : THE CONCEALED PUZZLE PIECES
CHAPTER 6 : Part 2
CHAPTER 6 : Part 3
CHAPTER 6 : Part 4

CHAPTER 2 : Part 2

1K 112 34
By ms__romantic

Bondita's p.o.v

"Aisa nahi ho sakta"

It was as though I was forcing myself to believe the opposite. I continued staring back at Jahangir babu blankly. The information he gave was totally unbelievable. Josie would never do that! Why would she go against us? Or is it Greenwood's another foul play? A possible dig at us?

"Lagta hai Greenwood ne bhi meri tarah socha hai... Bengal ke iklauti Mahila Ghar ke liye jeise meine tumhe khada kar diya, bilkul weise humare khilaf ek mahila ko hi khada kar diya " Barrister babu talked to himself.

"Par ap donon Mahila Ghar ke khilaf thodi hai" Jahangir babu scratched his head.

"Budhu! Mein Bondita ko Mahila Ghar ki rakshak bana rahi hoon. Aur wahan Greenwood, Jessica ko bhakshak" Pati babu slapped his head lightly.

"Kuch toh gadbad hai Barrister babu... Greenwood ne shayad Josie ko majboor kiya hai, warna woh kyun manegi mere khilaf ladne?"

As we both pondered over the possibilities, Jahangir babu just stood there and eyed Barrister babu with a wry smile.

"Phir se Barrister babu?" he enquired "Ab kya hogaya?"

Barrister babu gave him a deadly glare while I ignored his question completely. Jahangir babu retreated from his pursuit and pretended to think along with us. After sometime, he muttered frustrated.

"Jo bhi ho, ab tumhare khilaf Jessica Greenwood lad rahi hai Bondita. Tum mano ya na mano yahi sach hai. Mere khayal se uske bare mein sochke pareshan hone se acha hai ap donon mukadma par dhyan lagaye... Jeetna hai na humein? Uss ladki ko jail se bahar nikalna bhi hai"

Barrister babu and I shared a glance before sighing and nodding in understanding.

----------------<>----------------

"I don't understand Josie... Did he force you to do this?" I whisper-yelled.

Before the hearing, I dragged Josie to this secluded area where I could enquire about this unbelievable scene that was being played out in front of us.

"Do I look like I'm being forced to do something, Bon?"

I eyed her from head to toe before nodding in a no.

"Well, that's answered then... Can I go now?" she smiled sweetly.

"Why?" I blurted out meekly.

"Because I know John has nothing to do with this" Josie shrugged.

"Josie..." I shook my head "Why do you love that man? I mean, you deserve much better. Look at you... and look at him... You deserve someone better Josie" I clutched her palm.

"And why do you feel that? Because he's much older than me? Because he has some grey hairs sticking out his head? Do you hear yourself Bon?" she scoffed "You have no right to talk about age gap because you yourself is married to a man much older than you! You love him too"

"Josie!" I warned "You cannot compare my husband with yours!" I shook my head and sighed, reigning my temper

"Josie... it's not about age" I lied "It's just that... Pati babu and Greenwood are like heaven and hell... There's no way you can compare them, no" I shook my head to make myself more clear.

"Then what is it Bon? You think you know John better?" she chuckled and shook her head "Tell me something... Can you believe it when someone else say they know and understand Mr RC better than you do?" she crossed her arms and shot me a challenging look.

When I didn't reply, she continued confidently.

"No, right? Bon... The Greenwood you know is just ten percent of the human being he is. Yes, it's true that I stood by your side before but that doesn't mean I did it for the sake of being your friend. I did it because I knew you were on the right side... Ans don't ever think you're always on the right side Bon" she warned "John hasn't done it, that's all I know" she completed.

"So you're not backing down" I more like stated to myself.

Josie stopped her stride and turned her head a little but I couldn't see her face though.

"My intention isn't to prove you people guilty. But if I find you all are responsible for this... I won't stop myself from getting you all punished"

"We don't support violence, Josie. You know that"

She sighed and nodded lightly.

"I have to win this case, Bon" her head turned further to eye me "Thanks to you"

I just stood there utterly confused and taken aback. Something in the back of my head made me feel guilty of the happenings but I don't know why I felt so. Her looks and gestures were alien, I couldn't see my friend in them. But for the first time, I somehow felt Greenwood wasn't the reason for her change of attitude. It was someone else, something else I don't know about yet.

When I returned to the court room, Josie was busy talking to Greenwood and Barrister Hans. I forced myself to steer my attention to Suraiyya didi who was now standing with her hands cuffed beside my desk. Barrister babu joined us from his seat beside Jean's and we got busy in a consoling conversation. Soon enough, the Judge arrived and we all took our respective positions.

"My Lord! On 16th of this month, there was an explosion in the Governor's administrative Office at about 2 hrs past 09 minutes afternoon whose responsibility was taken up by one of the revolutionary organization through a letter addressed to the Governor shortly after the explosion. The Police investigations were very much going on but unfortunately, they couldn't find something worth doubting until they got an information from an unknown source at about 10 hrs past 48 minutes at night on 23rd – exactly a week after the explosion – about sighting some suspicious activity in the Women's facility here. Upon further investigation of the place, the Police retrieved dangerous explosives as well as weapons from their warehouse and it was found that the same range of explosives were used for the bombing in the Governor's Office a week ago. Though the suspect and her team is rubbishing our claims and are refusing to accept they're guilty, I would ask the honourable court to go through the evidences produced before yourself and punish the accused and her team for the offences" Josie completed with a bow and sat down without giving me even a look.

"My Lord!" I stood up "The claims put forth against my client and her team are utterly baseless and upon mere guesses! In spite of the fact that the Police found the explosives and weapons from the facility, they don't have any other evidence to prove my client has anything to do with this" I shrugged.

"Are you even aware what you're talking about, Barrister RC? Do you mean your client and her team doesn't know how those things got into their warehouse?" Josie scoffed.

"Yes, Barrister Greenwood" I internally cringed at her name.

"Sur-ai-yya!" Josie spat at me and then turned to her "Tell me something, when was the last time you entered the warehouse that day?"

"Uss din bhandarkaksh ke andar hum mein se koyi nahi gaya. Mein aur Bholi uske pichle din gaye the baki ke kapde rakhne" Suraiyya answered in Hindi.

Somehow I felt she did it on purpose. She was taking her own sweet revenge on them. The smile that spread across her lips didn't go unnoticed by me when the translator addressed the others from his position. It was evident Suraiyya didi knew English as she was answering Josie's questions without a translator. But her decision to answer back in Hindi worried me. What if the court sees it as her protesting attitude and come to a conclusion that she's against them? Though they can't stop her from talking in the language of her choice – as the law states – but they can indeed reach improper conclusions that can affect the case.

"Nobody entered the warehouse after that, right?" Josie continued.

Suraiyya didi shook her head in a no.

"Point to be noted, Your Honour! The accused and her friend were the only people that entered the spot and after that, nobody did"

"Exactly, My Lord! And when they left the place that day, they didn't find any of these evidences the Police are talking about now" I interrupted.

"What evidence do you have to prove that statement, Barrister RC?" Josie challenged.

"Other than a witness that the court may not agree on, I'm afraid I've nothing as of now" I whispered louder enough, looking at the ground.

"Well -"

"But" I interrupted Josie "I promise we'll have at least something to produce if..." I strengthened the word "if the court would allow us to have a look at the spot"

"Objection, My Lord!" Josie fired immediately "We can't allow them to wipe away possible evidences"

"What evidences are you talking about, Barrister Greenwood? Isn't everything displayed on this table here? Are you implying that your Police force is yet to find more evidences from the spot?" I turned from her to the Judge "Your Honour, we need this. That place is probably the last hope for this innocent woman's escape. I request you to grant us permission for our search"

"Taking Barrister Roy Chowdhary's request into consideration, the court accepts the fact that a search in the spot might help them to prove their side's innocence in here. But Barrister Greenwood's objection cannot be taken lightly either. Therefore, the court has decided to grant permission for search to Barrister Roy Chowdhary and team in presence of two police officials. Court is adjourned until next hearing!"

Batuk's p.o.v

My eyes shot open quickly and I sat up with the speed of lightning. My forehead was layered with sweat and I was breathing heavily. Nightmare... I had a nightmare! But what was it about? I can't remember...

I ran a hand through my hair and turned to have some water. When I finished drinking and placed myself back on the sofa, something caught my eye. Well, someone's absence caught my eye. Rudhi was nowhere to be seen and her spot on bed was doubtfully empty. Where the hell is she?

"Rudhi?"

I knocked the bathroom door softly. When I didn't get any response, my eyes automatically fell on the partially cracked open door to our room. Soft light was making its way inside. I strolled towards the door and opened it full, imagining all those places where she would be at this hour. Kitchen? Terrace? Living room?

When I couldn't find her in any of these places, an eerie feeling got hold of my chest. What if she's in some danger? I don't know, may be Genghis came back?

I was about to shout out her name when I noticed the silhouette of a figure near Kaka's room in the dim lighting. With cautious steps, I made my way to the figure. Upon curious inspection, I came to know it was none other than Rudhira. She was standing in front of the Record room near Kaka's bedroom, leaning to the wall behind her and eyeing the locked up door. This room was the one were all the records and money regarding our Zamindari were kept. To be precise, it can also be called our personal office room because Rudhi and I found ourselves working in this room quite often nowadays. But why is she standing here though?

Tiptoeing to her, I leaned closer to an oblivious Rudhi to murmur in her ear.

"Yahan kya kar rahi ho, Rani Sahiba?"

Rudhi jumped out in fright and I immediately cupped her mouth to silence her consequent scream to avoid Kaka peeking up at us. I gestured with my eyes to console her saying it was me – not her ruthless father. With still dazed eyes, she gave out a silent relieved breath and eyed me warily. Taking my hand back, I enquired again.

"Adhi raat ko kaam karne ka shauk hai?" I nodded at the record room.

She glanced back at the room and nodded in a no.

"Nahi, mein... mein kuch lene aayi thi par yahan ruk gayi" she eyed the floor.

"Yahan kyun ruk gayi?" I crossed my arms.

"Tumhe kyun bataun?" she snapped.

My eyes widened at her reply. What is wrong with her?

"Machar Rani... sab theek hai na?"

She stared back at me blankly so I continued.

"Dekh raha hoon mein... Jab se Genghis gaye hai tab se bohot ajeeb bartaav kar rahi ho tum"

She seemed to keep her eyes on me for long. It was as though she was trying to say something through them but then, she sighed and shook her head.

"Batuk... Tum jante hai na? Mujhe uss insaan se sat nafrat hai! Lagta hai uss din unse milna hi mere liye traumatic tha... Uss se bahar nikalne keliye shayad thoda samay lagega""Rudhi... Tum kuch chupa rahi ho kya?"She strolled past me with only a chuckle as a response. When I followed her, she continued."Tum toh aise baat kar rahe ho jeise tum mere bare mein sab kuch jante ho"That had me somehow sulking at her. It's true that we have more to understand about each other but I do know much more about her than anybody else here, right? And why is she talking like I'm this stranger she met a minute ago?"Mana ki mein tumhare bare mein bohot kuch nahi janta lekin thoda toh janta hoon Rudhira" I replied when we got inside and I locked the door."Ek minute... Tumhe bura laga?" she turned with amused eyes."Nahi toh" I lied and walked towards the sofa "Mujhe bura kyun lagega?" I scoffed."Aww" she made a face "Mere Coco-doodh peene wala chote bache ko bura laga?" she giggled.If it wasn't for the situation, I would have drooled over her giggle but excuse me? I'm a grown up man, damn it!"Bacha?" I gasped "Haan Aunty, mujhe bura laga" I smiled over-sweetly.She laughed as though that was the biggest joke of the century but her next question caught me off-guard."Kyun? Tumhe bura kyun laga? Meine sach hi toh bola hai" she sat down on the edge of the bed.Um... Why? I don't know."Um... Aur nahi toh kya! Matlab, ek mein hi hoon jisse tum khulke baat karte hai iss ghar mein aur ab woh bhi nahi kar rahi... Aise baatein chupane se tumhara fayda kam nuksan zyada hoga" I talked to the ground."Itna parvah hai mera?" she questioned, the taunt clear in her voice.I looked up to face her."Nahi kar sakta?"That caught her off-guard. Aha! Back at you, darling!"Um" she stared at the ground "Kyun kar rahe ho?"Uh-oh..."Tum dosth hai mera... Parvah toh hoga hi" I too got interested at the floor beneath us."Thanks" she replied after a beat.I just shrugged as response, that too to the ground."Weise bhi aunty bohot budhi ban gayi hai. Unka jawan pyara sa beta hone ke nate unke prati thoda faraz hai mera" I tried lighting up the mood.When I didn't get a verbal response from the other side, I thought the conversation was over. But I was proved wrong when a pillow hit my forehead. When I looked up, her face was lit up with mischief and amusement."Aunty budhi nahi hai... Dekho, kitna tandurusth hoon mein?"I hoisted the pillow and gave it back to her with the same intensity."Mein bhi jawan hoon, tandurusth hoon" I showed my biceps.The pillow hit my face flatly."Mein tumse zyada swasth hoon" she stood up.I stood up and replied."Mein bhi kam nahi hoon"With that, I charged at her with all my might. She immediately took another one and we thrashed and lunged at each other mercilessly. Her giggles and my chuckles filled the silence along with the bumping sound the pillows made. My initial enthusiasm vanished away when I felt her leg sweeping away my balance and my buttocks hit the floor within seconds. By the time I could put two and two together, I realize she was straddling my defenceless body with the pillow hoisted up along with a victorious smile on her lips. I groaned at the sight – probably at the pain too. Though how she managed to attain such positions wearing that restricting nightgown is beyond me, I quickly pulled myself back to tolerate all the assaults that were about to come my way."Cheating kar rahi ho tum" I protested."Humne rules kab banaya?" she smiled smugly.Before I could calculate, my whole upper body was getting hit with the stupid fluffy thing rapidly. I couldn't even get hold of it or her hand with the quick moves she was throwing up. Instinctively, I kept a palm pressed against my ear and tried catching the other noise that filled my ear."Rudhi, Rudhi ruk jao!"I tried stopping her but she continued nevertheless."Rudhi!" I whisper-yelled and that caught her attention. She stopped and raised an eyebrow at me. I kept a finger on my mouth with a "shh" sound and asked her to concentrate on the noise outside. She narrowed her brows and obliged after a minute. When she couldn't find anything, she spoke up."Mein kuch sun nahi pa rahi hoon" she whispered back."Kyunki kuch sunne ko hai hi nahi" I grinned and flipped us upside down. A squeal was all she was able to respond with, her smile was intact though. By the time I snatched her pillow and imitated her position on me from before, she spoke up."Ab kaun kar raha hai cheating?""Humne rules kab banaya?"With that, I lunged at her with all my power. She tried dodging and attacking but all in vain. I somehow had the upper hand here and she knew it. After some attempts, she stopped protesting altogether. That's why I decided to soften a bit but guess what? That was a bad decision. Sensing my weight shifting, she tried breaking out of my hold and that ended up me losing balance and then lying flatly above her. As though on cue, my lips touched her cheeks from the impact of the speed with which I came down. Rudhi let out a muffled gasp while my own eyes bulged out of their sockets at our proximity and well, at what happened too. We stared at each other dumbfounded, not knowing how and what to respond with. After some awkward minutes, Rudhi pushed me back and got up from there with the speed of light. Without another word, I too got up and dragged myself to the sofa.

The night went on peacefully, though sleep was never going to make itspresence on either of us. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.3K 9.7K 110
When Anirudh Roy Chowdhary, a twenty-one year old barrister, who is the eldest son of a rich family of landlords, returned to India abruptly after co...
190K 10.1K 55
[ COMPLETED ] The story is about the bond between Bondita and Anirudh....the bond which is unbreakable....the bond which is the true example of love...
32K 3.2K 61
The story starts from the marriage day of Bondita with Chandrachur. But Bondita runs away from her marriage with the help of Anirudh to fulfill his...
233K 11.4K 82
Story of Anirudh roy chaudhary and his wife Bondita roy chaudhary based in the town of Tulsipur in late 1920's . They were married when Bondita was...