๐‡ ๐ˆ ๐‘ ๐€ ๐„ ๐“ ๐‡

By alishbasiddiqui11

๐‡๐ข๐ซ๐š๐ž๐ญ๐ก: ๐š ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๏ฟฝ... More

๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ž:
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ:
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
t w e l v e
t hi r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
please read- author's note.
t w e n t y- o n e
t w e n t y- t w o
t w e n t y- t h r e e
t w e n t y- f o u r
t w e n t y- f i v e
t w e n t y- s i x
t w e n t y- s e v e n
t w e n t y- e i g h t
t w e n t y- n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y- o n e
t h i r t y- t w o
t h i r t y- t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ.
๐€๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ.
๐๐€- ๐ƒ๐€๐’๐“๐Ž๐Ž๐‘.

e l e v e n

20.7K 532 485
By alishbasiddiqui11

-Flashback continued-

There stood his Delilah covered in Red.

When he saw the crimson blood on her lovely bridal gown, his heart stopped. He couldn't hear anything but his thundering heartbeat, like if his thoughts had stopped working.

All of the sirens, shouts, and cries were deafening to him, and he simply stood there, unable to absorb it all.

When he saw his mother shaking him and telling him to go with her, he broke out of his thoughts.

When he noticed that they were bringing her to the ambulance, he dashed over to sit close to her. When he saw her pale face and chapped lips, his heart stopped. Her face had lost its radiance. Her eyes were slightly open looking at him so he came forward and cupped her face softly looking at her in pure adoration and fear of what will happen to him if something happens to his Delilah.

"Max..." she said quietly, choking a little. He warned her "Don't say anything right now, we'll be at the hospital shortly. okay?" He kissed her on the forehead gently.

He had been trying to be strong for her all this time, but suddenly he couldn't. He wasn't sure when the tears started flowing down his cheeks, and he was shakily staring at her face, which was clouded by his tears. He kissed her on the cheek and whispered "I will never let you go; just remain strong, Delilah, and stay for me. I love you so much that I'm afraid I'll die without you." 

He tried everything he could to hold back his emotions, but it was impossible. He couldn't help but think about what would happen if she weren't in his life. 

She was exhausted, so she gave her love a faint grin before closing her eyes and sinking into a pit of darkness.

When he saw her sleeping face, he felt a weird ache in his heart, like if something terrible was about to happen. After about 5 minutes the monitor suddenly beeped, his eyes sprang up and there was a straight line on the screen.

He sagged and buried his face in his hands. He wasn't a doctor, but he understood the significance of the straight line.

She died.

He felt so many voices and when he opened his eyes, he found himself in a hospital.

"What happened to me?" he asked the nurse standing next to him.

"Your car crashed into a tree so a couple found you and bought you here, luckily there are no injuries," she said smiling at him.

That was just a dream.

My Delilah is still alive.

He inquired about the time, and the doctor said that it was 5:32, suggesting that he only has 3 hours till his wedding. He instantly dialed his assistant's number and instructed him to grab a car. He dashed to his car and sat in agony, hoping to see Delilah.

He came inside the dressing area ignoring all the voices calling him and telling him to get ready. He just wanted to see her.

He came inside her dressing room without knocking and saw Grayson hugging her sideways and she was slightly blushing and laughing.

Grayson, who was half-Korean and half-French, was an extremely handsome man. He possesses all of the desirable characteristics that would entice women to drop down on their knees for him. He could get anyone he wanted with his fair skin, black eyes, dark black hair, and a killer jawline. (A/n: his cast is Taehyung from BTS)(picture above)

Maxwell gritted his teeth seeing Grayson hugging his wife before even he could. He controlled himself and said, "Can I please talk to my wife alone for some time?" 

Grayson smiling nodded and went away not before whispering something to Delilah which made her laugh. Maxwell was silently fuming in anger waiting for the "lovebirds" to finish their talks so that he could talk to his wife.

As soon as Grayson went away, Delilah's smile went away which angered Maxwell more. "So she can smile with him but she can't smile with me?" he thought to himself not realizing how jealous he was getting over her. 

He didn't mean to be selfish but his heart breaks every time that he sees her smile, because he knows that it's not him who brings it out of her anymore.

He went and locked the door quickly locked it making Delilah even more confused. Delilah went closer to his back and suddenly he turned around making them impossibly close. She was about to step back when suddenly he put a hand on her waist and pulled her close. 

Without saying anything, he just nuzzled and dipped down his head to her neck making her still. "Max?" her voice came out as a bare whisper in their proximity. She was confused as to why he was suddenly acting like this. He just hummed hugging her more tightly sighing in relief that she is safe and sound.

"Did something happen?" she unknowingly reached her hands to caress his hair, something she has done since they were kids, making him smile which wasn't visible to Delilah. He just shook his head in no and left her hold making her miss his warmth immediately but she refrained to say anything. 

As he remembered the event from a few minutes before, his expressions changed quickly. He gathered his thoughts and tried to talk gently. The keyword which is being tried. "What was Grayson's reason for holding you so tightly? And what were you doing blushing and giggling like that for?" He wanted to silence himself and never talk again since his voice was so nasty.

He was expecting her to flinch or atleast somewhat react but she just stood there, her face emotionless. "Whether Grayson hugs me, kisses me, or even fucks me, I don't think that's any of your business," she replied back in the same tone. She knew these were all lies as she couldn't really think of cheating on Maxwell.

This angered him more, he asked "are you guys dating?" she just shook her head in no.
"Do you like him, then?" he asked a little nervously not knowing the reason why he is asking all this.

"No I don't, and even if I do it's not your business," she said looking at his swollen lips and red eyes clearing indicating that he has been fucked right before his marriage.

That raged him up, even more, he held her by her arms bring her closer almost to the point where they could just kiss in a swift moment, "I am going to be your fucking husband, of course, it's my goddamn business." he spoke slowly as if he is talking to a child. 

She scoffed exaggeratedly, moved away from his hold "You should have thought that before fucking someone else. And what marriage?" she said in a deadly tone causing him to flinch inwardly on much she has changed. 

She didn't want to fight but all the hate and anger that resided inside her from the past years was suddenly coming out because of seeing him. 

"Why does he even care? It was just a hug and besides Grayson is-" her thoughts got cut off by his silent voice.

He knew what he said what wrong, he wanted to apologize but his fucking ego came in the middle. It was hurting him to see what she thinks of him but then again that's how his reputation is in the Mafia. The silent man-whore, that's what they all call him all over the world but in reality, it's not even close to that.

"Right, I said this was a marriage right? Well, it was all wrong babe. This is not a marriage and will never be. This is a deal, just a deal. We will never be a real couple. I just agreed to this marriage because I pitied you and your dying dad, don't think otherwise." He then chuckled lightly mocking her making her fist her hand digging her nails making it pain but it wasn't even half as painful as what Maxwell said.

He couldn't see her face like that, it was as if he was fighting a battle whether to hurt her because that's the only thing he knows how to do or spoil and pamper her so that she stays with him forever.

But he was scared,

Scared of his past,

Scared of her increasing hatred

Scared of losing her again

But he can't be selfish and keep her with him forever because he knows even if she forgives him for what did, which was nearly impossible- he would never forgive himself.

Every time he closes his eyes, her tear strained face comes in front of him. The face that always had the type of smile that would light up his whole world, was now just a face that held nothing but hatred.

-Flashback over-

-Back to present-

M A X W E L L  K N I G H T 

(Italics are the thoughts while the normal are their actions)

I fucked up real bad this time, I mean I always do but this time it was just too much.

I need to apologize.

Do I get on my knees and beg for her forgiveness?

Will she ever forgive me? Yeah I mean she isn't THAT cruel also.

Okay, maybe she is.

I don't know what to do.

Should I buy her books? Or better, should I make her a library in the house.

Maxwell, she is probably richer than you what are you thinking

I"ll just beg I guess.

I stopped my thoughts and got up to beg for forgiveness.

Yes, it did hurt my male ego but she's more important than my dumb self.

I went downstairs and saw her sitting on the table with a lot of papers and her laptop.

Did she even eat?

I went and sat next to her, she looked up at me for a millisecond and then averted her eyes focusing on her papers.

Do I just like get down on my knees?

How do people fucking apologize?

I rose up to get on my knees, but the chair leg caught me in the center, causing me to tumble to the ground, head, first.

Ouch.

I groaned in pain and got up sitting on the floor my head pounding and legs numb from the fall.

I heard some noise so I looked up and saw her with her hand over her mouth trying her best to stifle the laugh.

When she looked at my face she tried biting her lips to control herself but the next second she just busted out laughing.

The type of laugh that brought tears to her eyes.

Seeing her like this I also started laughing, the reason unknown to me.

There were tears in my eyes so I bent my head low to wipe them before her seeing, but what she did next surprised me.

She bent down to my level, sitting on her knees, and softly wiped my tears with both the pad of her thumbs looking at my face for any injuries. She softly touched an old scar near my eyebrow which was from one of the times my dad abused me. 

The injury that I got right now must be near that because it made me wince in slight pain when she touched that area.

Seeing the discomfort on my face, she quickly removed her hand from my face and held my hand trying to pull me up but my legs were numb from sitting like that.

"My legs are numb" I literally sounded like a spoiled child waiting to be picked up by his mother but at that point, I just wanted to enjoy.

"So? Do you want me to give you a piggyback ride or something? she asked raising her eyebrow mockingly a little at my condition. 

I just nodded my head trying my best not to smile at her confused state.

She just sighed dramatically and put both her arms under my arms pulling me up and making me stand like I am a child.

God, she's so fucking strong.

I stumbled a bit and took the opportunity so I wrapped my arms around her shoulder pulling her closer to me. I just tightened my hold around her neck when I felt her breathe near my neck causing me to almost jump.

 Now, this is happiness. 

Thank you for 2k+ reads and 300 votes this is crazy<3
A longer chapter for yall hehe<3
until next time,
-alishba♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.9K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
229K 6.8K 33
โ™” She is cruel, ruthless, and arrogant. She is stunning, cunning, and deadly. She insists that we are not equal in this arranged marriage. She is the...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.4M 38K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
6.1M 133K 52
๐•๐ˆ๐•๐ˆ๐„๐๐๐„ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐“๐‹๐Ž๐‚๐Š - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...