๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—†๐—†๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ข๐—๐—ˆ๐—‚ |...

By mochiminie_

"๐–ณ๐—ˆ ๐—‰๐—…๐–พ๐–ฝ๐—€๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐–พ ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—†๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—…๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€; ๐–ป๐—Ž๐— ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—…๐—‚๐—๏ฟฝ... More

๐–ฏ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ
01 : ๐– ๐—‚๐—‹ ๐–ฑ๐–บ๐—‚๐–ฝ
02 : ๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—†๐—†๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ข๐—๐—ˆ๐—‚
03 : ๐–ด๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฅ๐—‚๐—‹๐–พ
04 : ๐– ๐—‚๐–ฝ๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—†๐—†๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹
05 : ๐–ค๐—‘๐—‰๐—…๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐—‚๐—๐–พ ๐–ถ๐–พ๐—…๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—†๐–พ
06 : ๐–ซ๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–  ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—…๐—…๐—ˆ๐—
07 : ๐–ฌ๐–พ๐—‹๐–ผ๐—‚๐—…๐–พ๐—Œ๐—Œ ๐–ก๐—‹๐—Ž๐—๐–บ๐—…๐—‚๐—๐—’
08 : ๐–ฎ๐—‰๐–พ๐—‡ ๐–ด๐—‰ ๐–ณ๐—ˆ ๐–ฌ๐–พ, ๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—†๐—†๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹
09 : ๐–ด๐—‡๐–พ๐—‘๐—‰๐–พ๐–ผ๐—๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐–ฃ๐—Ž๐–พ๐—…
10 : 1 ๐–ฒ๐—๐–พ๐—‰ ๐–ฅ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐–ฝ, 3 ๐–ฒ๐—๐–พ๐—‰๐—Œ ๐–ก๐–บ๐–ผ๐—„
11 : ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐–ฎ๐–ฟ ๐–ฌ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–ฝ๐–พ
12 : ๐–ง๐–บ๐—๐–พ ๐–ฅ๐–บ๐—‚๐—๐— ๐–จ๐—‡ ๐–ฌ๐–พ
13 : ๐–ฎ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐–ซ๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐–พ
15 : ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐–จ๐—Œ ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐—‰๐–พ
16 : ๐–ต๐—‚๐–ผ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—’ ๐–ด๐—‰๐—‹๐—‚๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‡๐—€
๐–ค๐—‰๐—‚๐—…๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ : ๐–ฒ๐–บ๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐– ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ฒ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‡๐–ฝ
๐–ข๐—ˆ๐—†๐—†๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ข๐—๐—ˆ๐—‚ : ๐–ฏ๐—…๐–บ๐—’๐—…๐—‚๐—Œ๐—

14 : ๐–ญ๐—Ž๐—‹๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–จ๐—‡ ๐–ข๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐—‚๐—๐–พ

4.4K 444 524
By mochiminie_

[🚧]

[Y/N's POV]

A myriad of nightmares swelled in my subconscious, catalyzing the extreme pounding at the back of my head and immense pain right in my shoulder. When my eyes slowly opened, I was greeted by a tall, dark ceiling. Orange glow seeped through the tiny holes like minute spotlights fueled by the seemingly raging fire outside. Gunshots and explosions rang into my ears, bringing me to full alert.

I hurriedly sat up.

Hundreds of strangers' faces turned to me. I realized, I've been laying on a straw mat for God knows how long. I was as dirty and dusty as them. My forehead was wrapped with a recycled piece of torn cloth.

"She's awake." A little kid whispered. "Who is she?"

"Montverde." I breathlessly asked. "What happened to them? Are we winning yet?"

A pregnant woman stepped in. "We're not certain, miss. But we've overheard a guard saying that Nordame took down a quarter of the military."

"No," I got up and ran to the closed door. "No! Let me out! We need to get out! We don't deserve this! We're not their properties!"

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!

My fists pounded against the hard mahogany, but to no avail. What is this? I thought we were promised a righteous liberty? An elderly couple gently pulled me back, settling myself to a chair. They handed me a glass of muddy water for it was all they could offer to drink. I kindly refused.

"A Betherel soldier brought you in here two hours ago." One of them told me. "You were bleeding so I wrapped your wound with a piece of my shirt. It's not much but it helped."

I looked away. One teenage boy raised his hand.

"What is your name, miss?"

"Y/N L/N. I'm a nurse serving the Montverde army."

A faint murmur bursted in the room. Suddenly, I received a mix of looks. I couldn't tell if they were afraid or expectant. I bluntly wandered my eyes around; it was dimly dark. Soil covered the floor. Cobwebs adorned the pillars and wood intersecting overhead. It was suffocating, considering that there weren't any windows present nor ventilation. Wobbly bunk beds lined up, accommodating at least four people per mattress. They were smelly and rotting. Everyone was clad in the same apparel; just a boring shade of grey.

"Papa," I mouthed. "I need my papa. Papa? Has anyone seen him? Is he here?"

I squeezed my way into the crowd, trying to find my parents. I called his name, my mother's name even, but I got no response. My anxiety touched the roof at that point, thinking they might not have made it back in here when the seige started.

"Nurse Y/N," a man tapped me. "I think I know where you can see your them."

"Where are they?" I desperately held on his arms. "Show me! I must speak to them! I need to know if they're alri—"

"No, they're not."

"What..?"

He pointed to a terrifying pile of corpses at the far corner. One body slid off the mound and ended up limp on the earth. All heat in my body drained. I frantically shook my head in denial.

"No, no, they're not in there!" I backed off. "They're not in there! They must be somewhere by the beds sleeping! Mama! Papa!"

"It's Mr. and Mrs. L/N, right?" A lady inquired. "We've never seen them around for hours. I'm afraid they're there, Nurse Y/N."

She led me back to the decomposing cadavers. I dreadfully scanned each face, hoping that I wouldn't find anyone familiar. But fate was testing me. I saw my father sprawled on top of a person. He had a bloody chest, a hint that he might have been shot. Mother was a tad bit more underneath with a missing arm.

My being eventually gave up. I collapsed to the ground with my knees and sobbed. My heart clenched so bad that I had to clutch on the fabric of my blouse. I lost them. My family. I was hoping to save them but now I had to learn the truth that they've already left me. After years of working away, this is how we reunite.

"When the soldiers open fired, some of us got hit. Our men tried to drag them inside but a lot died on the spot."

I covered my ears. I didn't want to hear any of it. I wasn't ready to accept it. All I wanted to happen that night was to vanish out of thin air. I felt the world's weight crush on my back. It was unbearable.

------------------------------------------------------------

It took them a while to calm me down. I found myself sitting by a deteriorating cushion, right beside the same pregnant woman from earlier. My eyes were swollen from the tears I shed. I refused to look at that particular corner since then. As the night sank deeper, the worse my pessimism had become. The noises outside were still prevalent, as if both nationed never planned to cease fire.

I thought of Commander Choi and the rest. How many and who among them have we lost tonight?

"My baby's due next week." The lady stated in an attempt to distract me. "I'm hoping for this war to be over so Richard could come home and be with me when I give birth."

"He's part of the battalion?"

"Mhm," she massaged her bump. "Private Lim."

I froze. Out of the blue, she heaved up her other kid. A baby girl wrapped in thick blankets, peacefully asleep. My brows furrowed. I felt for a piece of paper from my pocket and pulled it out. Private Lim's photograph.

"Give it to them.. When the war is over.. Tell Diana that I'm sorry.. For not making it to Vivian's birthday.."

Private Lim's dying voice replayed in my mind. I nervously looked over my companion. She was cooing over her daughter, cradling her lovingly.

Is she..?

"Richard left when I was a month pregnant to travel to Galyette." She proudly stated. "It was difficult to live alone with a child to raise. Though I know what he's doing is heroic."

"Right."

"I miss him. I can't wait to see him again."

"I hope I'm not mistaken," I gulped. "But is your name.. Diana..?"

She wrinkled her forehead. "Yes. I am Diana. How did you know?"

I handed out the photo to her with hesitation. One look and Diana let out a slight gasp. She snatched it from my hands, bringing the piece closer to see her portrait. When she flipped it over, I could see the tears brimming her eyes. She stiffened.

"Where.. Is my husband..?"

I bit my lip. "Private Lim wants me to tell you something."

"Nurse Y/N.." She touched my arm. "Is he alright..? What is it..?"

"He said he's sorry.. Because he wouldn't be able to make it to your daughter's birthday.."

Diana's grip on me loosened. Her eyes flickered into soulless orbs the moment she realized the gist behind the apology. Seconds later, she brought a hand over her mouth to muffle the sobs. I rubbed her back out of sympathy. Even I felt like crying again; that's two people losing their loved ones in one day.

[Third Person's POV]

"TAKE COVER!"

Commander Choi's voice had gone hoarse and dry after hours of nonstop yelling. He and his fellows rushed into a dug-out pit as a rocket hollered forward. They landed to the rough soil just as it exploded.

"Shit." He lowly cussed. "Private Joo, bring in the launcher!"

"Yes, commander!"

Commander Choi remained low, reloading his gun and firing aimlessly at the advancing tanks from Nordame's side. He was busy taking down the enemies when Sergeant Kang flopped on his side to rearrange his grenade belt.

"Damn." Sergeant Kang exhaled. "I think we've misread Nordame, sir. They're much more prepared."

Commander Choi didn't say anything. He didn't want to think at the moment. Private Joo came back with a mortar. His comrades assisted him, putting shells into the barrel, angled it right, and blasted. A bomb was projected straight to the air and blew up a distant tank. Sergeant Kang rejoiced.

"Commander!" Maria ran, panting.

Sergeant Kang caught the girl as she collapsed on her back. She was scarred and exhausted. However, worry was much more evident on her muddy face.

"Y/N," she spoke. "We can't find her!"

Commander Choi snapped his head to his cousin. "What?!"

"Our team decided to meet at one point to exchange tools and Y/N was the only person who failed to show up."

"Don't be ridiculous!" He gritted. "Search for her while you do your duty!"

"I told you she's nowhere to be seen!"

"Are you sure?" Sergeant Kang doubted. "Nurse Y/N isn't the type to.."

The couple turned to Commander Choi whose brows stitched together. He recklessly shoved ammos into his firearm and pulled the trigger.

"Corporal Pierre," he muttered to his radio. "Retreat from your position and charge at north instead."

"Roger, commander."

"You two," he glanced sideways. "What the fuck are you looking at? Move!"

Sergeant Kang and Maria scurried to their feet to rush back to their units. Commander Choi poked his inner cheeks with his tongue. Y/N was missing. He had no clue about her whereabouts. He wanted to check on her situation.

But with his responsibility, his priorities were torn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.1K 8K 19
"๐–ถ๐—๐–บ๐— ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—‚๐—?" "๐–จ๐—'๐—Œ 1720." ๐˜ฟ๐™„๐™Ž๐˜พ๐™‡๐˜ผ๐™„๐™ˆ๐™€๐™: ๐– ๐—‡๐—’ (๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐—Œ๐—‚๐–ป๐—…๐–พ) ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—… ๐–ป๐–พ๐—๐–บ๐—๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–บ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—๐—Ž๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—Œ ๐—‰...
40K 3.9K 19
"๐–ค๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—’๐–ป๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—’ ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ ๐–บ๐—‡ ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—๐—…๐–บ๐—." ๐˜ฟ๐™„๐™Ž๐˜พ๐™‡๐˜ผ๐™„๐™ˆ๐™€๐™: ๐– ๐—‡๐—’ (๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐—Œ๐—‚๐–ป๐—…๐–พ) ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—… ๐–ป๐–พ๐—๐–บ๐—๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–บ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—...
10.5K 616 21
๐”ป๐•–๐•—๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ ๐• ๐•—โ€„'๐•จ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•“๐•๐•ฆ๐•–๐•ค': (หˆโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ษชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹ษ™ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡งโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹หโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฟโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹ โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡จโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹...
133K 10.5K 20
"๐–ฌ๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡ ๐—‰๐–พ๐—‹๐–ฟ๐–พ๐–ผ๐— ๐—†๐–บ๐—‡." ๐˜ฟ๐™„๐™Ž๐˜พ๐™‡๐˜ผ๐™„๐™ˆ๐™€๐™: ๐– ๐—‡๐—’ (๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐—Œ๐—‚๐–ป๐—…๐–พ) ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—… ๐–ป๐–พ๐—๐–บ๐—๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–บ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—๐—Ž๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—Œ...