The Villainess Just Wants to...

由 chiloren

Dylan de Beaumon, the adopted daughter of a Duke, recalls the memories of her past-life after hitting her hea... 更多

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒
Chapter 5 ~ One Pain With Another
Chapter 6 ~ Home on the Hill
Chapter 7 ~ The Male Lead's Resentment
Chapter 8 ~ Enough Love For a Lifetime
Chapter 9 ~ Flowers and Clear Skies
Chapter 10 ~ Welcome to Faerchester
Chapter 11 ~ Vulgar Blood
Chapter 12 ~ The Nature of Their Hearts
Chapter 13 ~ Friends or Foes?
Chapter 14 ~ Tea and Tears
Chapter 15 ~ I Won't Fall For You
Chapter 16 ~ Not Yours
Chapter 17 ~ Manipulation
Chapter 18 ~ Twisted
Chapter 19 ~ Masks
Chapter 20 ~ Rain and Intention
Chapter 21 ~ Tea Parties and Gardenias
Chapter 22 ~ Burns and Bruises
Chapter 23 ~ Kiss Me
Chapter 24 ~ Don't Love Him
Chapter 25 ~ Investments
Chapter 26 ~ Lips
Chapter 27 ~ Mom?
Chapter 28 ~ Caspian's Dreams
Chapter 29 ~ Blood Ties
Chapter 30 ~ White Roses
Chapter 31 ~ The Truth and Gin
Chapter 32 ~ Love Triangle
Chapter 33 ~ The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 34 ~ The Storm
Chapter 35 ~ The Gamemaster's Proxy
Chapter 36 ~ Before the Ball
Chapter 37 ~ The Night of the Ball
Chapter 38 ~ The Emperor's Seal
Chapter 39 ~ Sabotage
Chapter 40 ~ Cadence's Chess
Chapter 41 ~ You and I
Chapter 42 ~ Scream
Chapter 43 ~ Each Other
Chapter 44 ~ I Missed You
Chapter 45 ~ The Next Empress
Chapter 46 ~ The Court of Nobility: Part 1
Chapter 47 ~ The Court of Nobility: Part 2
Chapter 48 ~ The Court of Nobility: Part 3
Chapter 49 ~ The Final Verdict
Chapter 50 ~ Forgiveness and Hatred
Chapter 51 ~ Clouded Skies and Memories
Chapter 52 ~ Return to Faerchester
Chapter 53 ~ Run Away With Me
Chapter 54 ~ Look At Me
Chapter 55 ~ Pawns
Chapter 56 ~ I Love You
Chapter 57 ~ Dreams
Chapter 58 ~ The Assassins Guild
Chapter 59 ~ Complete Control
Chapter 60 ~ What It Means to Love Someone
Chapter 61 ~ The Red District
Chapter 62 ~ A Promising Deal
Chapter 64 ~ Usefulness
Chapter 65 ~ Midnight
Chapter 66 ~ I'm Sorry
Chapter 67 ~ Pawn
Chapter 68 ~ Domicile
Chapter 69 ~ The Glimmer of a New Beginning

Chapter 63 ~ Destruction

7.8K 386 126
由 chiloren

Dylan nervously looked at the tightly closed door. She had a sinking feeling. She didn't know why. It was like she was afraid of what was waiting for her on the other side.

"How is he?" she asked. She couldn't bring herself to ask him. "Is grandpapa doing well?"

"He is faring better than expected," one of the maids said. She was fiddling with her apron, crushing it between her restless hands, then smoothing it out again. "Your ladyship needn't worry."

"Did he tell you to say that?"

The maid flinched at her words but kept her narrowed stare focused straight ahead. Although she was calm and spoke with a very quiet tone, her nervous body language told Dylan everything. She was hiding the truth.

"N-no!" the maid said, stuttering over the words. Her hands trembled a little. "I am telling you nothing but the truth, my lady."

Arthur sighed loud enough for everyone to hear him. "Is all this necessary? Let's just go in, little miss."

Dylan ran a hand through her hair in frustration and blew out a long breath. Arthur was indeed a skilled toxicologist. He was good and he knew it, and carried himself with dignity. His manners, however, were sadly lacking.

"My lady," Jessie said, hurriedly approaching her. "I must share with you some urgent news."

"Alright," Dylan said. She turned to face Arthur. "Please go in, I'll be there momentarily."

She had watched him disappear through the door frame and turned back to Jessie. "Yes?"

Jessie paused. "Lady Lynette de Ruenz was found dead this morning."

***

Dylan sat at a peaceful little garden table, surrounded by red roses. She sipped her tea delicately, not making a sound. It tasted bitter even with sugar in it.

She closed her eyes, listening to the birds chirp and sing. Although their song was melodious, it was also eerily peaceful and serene. Suddenly, she heard the sound of soft footsteps on the grass behind her. It was him—it had to be.

She was looking down pensively into her teacup and it seemed for a moment as if she did not intend to greet him. "I think selfishness is a virtue," she finally said into her teacup, "and an important one at that."

"I heard you were looking for me," Laikin said. His voice was warm and tender, and it irked her a great deal. "May I join you?"

"Please do," she said softly, without emotion. "I came to speak with you, sir."

Her head pounded as she listened to him walk across the garden, and the sound of the chair across from her scraping against the floor.

"When this whole thing happened, I didn't know what to think." When she finally met his gaze, her eyes were cold. "Tell me, Laikin, what should I think? How should I feel?"

"I'm not sure what you mean, milady." He poured himself a cup of tea and took a sip. "Whatever are you talking about?"

Although his blue eyes looked innocent, Dylan knew horrible secrets were hidden below their surface. He was a man who didn't care for others, manipulating them like puppets for his own greedy desires.

"Did you kill her?" she asked. The pit of her stomach churned with nausea, and she tightened her grip on her teacup. "Did you kill Lynette?"

"And if I did?" He leaned back in his chair, folding his hands behind his head, his eyes cutting right through her. "Would you run away from me?"

She put her teacup down carefully. "You're psychotic. Why would I stay around someone like you?"

"Well, it's a good thing that this is all theoretical." Laikin smiled innocently, and it made her sick. "Shouldn't you comfort me?" he sighed deeply, feigning sadness. "I was having marriage talks with her family. This is all very traumatic."

'Bullshit.'

"Selfishness should be a virtue." Dylan folded her hands and stared into her teacup. "You've got to think of yourself first."

He smiled innocently at her. "Is that so?"

'Your innocent expression does not fool me for one second.'

"It's what I believe in, Laikin." She stared at him coolly. "I also believe in boundaries. I believe that some lines shouldn't be crossed."

"Mmm, really?"

"Being selfish is a virtue, but it's also a curse." Her expression darkened as she spoke, a haunted look briefly surfacing in her eyes before she masked it again. "Good and bad, right and wrong—they all start to look the same when you become selfish. The lines separating them begin to blur. Do you know what's left after that?"

Laikin's confident expression faltered for a moment. "What's left?"

"A monster." Her eyes were dull—devoid of any life or emotion. "You and I, we're both monsters."

Dylan rose from her seat. She looked away, then turned her gaze back at him.

"Where are you going?" he asked. Laikin's eyes flickered dangerously. "Don't you dare walk away from me."

"I told you that you'd never receive my love." Her voice was cold as she spoke. "Do you know why? Together, you and I would destroy the world—and perhaps everyone in it. I don't need what I already have in myself from somebody else. I don't need another monster."

"Dylan, you—"

"Goodbye, Laikin." For a brief moment, a pale smile crossed her face—a bitter smile that showed she was suppressing the urge to cry. "Perhaps I would've loved you in another world. But I can't in this one. I can't love someone just like me, not when I resent myself so much."

'I can't stay near you anymore. Not when you murdered my half-sister just to be with me.'

He laughed bitterly at her back. "Did you think you could get away from me?"

Within seconds he was standing in front of her, too close, too intense. Dylan could smell the masculine scent that clung to his skin, and she could feel his warmth. His eyes were no longer innocent. Instead, he watched her with a twisted expression, one that bordered anger and desperation.

Clasping her upper arms, he leaned down, his mouth millimeters from hers. "You will be mine."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry guys! I'll be updating regularly now (every 3-4 days at most). I was sick for a few days. Love you all.

Also, take a look...

I commissioned a wonderfully talented artist @nounoussa on instagram. Check her out, she's so talented!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

163K 6.5K 18
I suddenly became the villainess, but it is already the end scene? - She doesn't even realize where she is or who she is. She undergoes the torture...
136K 4.2K 17
Now that I think about it the name Lydia reminds me of something. Maybe from a movie or a book I have read before. I think my full name is Angeline L...
8M 461K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
141K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...