TAMING THE CAMPUS ICE QUEEN (...

By Page_Nous

Lisa had planned ten steps to win the heart of Jennie Kim, the campus ice queen of Anwyll University. Will sh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (LAST CHAPTER)

Chapter 16

11.3K 392 26
By Page_Nous

"I was a burnt out star in the galaxy
Everyone else shines but me
And then you came and made me feel alive
From that lonely melody, I'm finally coming out."

JENNIE

I can't believe it! I'm the one who dragged her first but then she scored one on me?! How can I let this happen? How did she do that to me? And what the hell is wrong with this deviating heart of mine? Everytime I'm near her, it just goes crazy!

I can control my anger but not the madness towards Lisa, that's what I thought. I should really distance myself from her. She's dangerous. But does keeping my distance will really be of help? She must think I'm a coward if I ignore her intentionally, right? But isn't it the thing that is not surprising about me? Being a snob?

"Hello? Jennie? Earth to Jennie?"

"W-what?"

I spaced out again. Damn you Lisa! Damn these thoughts! Please get out of my head just this once! Or maybe forever!

"I was calling you but you didn't hear me. Is everything okay?"

We are at a private room in the nearest club. I'm with Irene, Wendy, Lia, and Mina. We are still waiting for Rosé and Jisoo.

"U-uhm yeah. How are you guys?"

"You already asked that question Jen," Wendy said while putting liquor in our glasses.

"What's bothering you Jennie?" Mina asked in her worried voice.

"Yeah. You never zoned out when you're with us," Lia added.

"Are you seeing someone?" Wendy asked teasingly.

"Seriously? Wendy? Me? Dating someone? No way!"

"Who's dating who?" Jisoo asked as she stood by the door.

"Dating? Who's dating? I'm excited to hear that! Go on spill the tea!" Chaeng added while walking in. My eyes widened when I saw the person who kept on messing my mind up. The very reason why I can't focus in everything I do these past few days. The root of this chaos in my head which was none other than Lalisa Manoban.

"You! What are you doing here?" I asked while pointing at the newcomer as if she was the most wanted criminal.

"Chill Jag-I mean Jennie-yah. I'm just here because they threatened me," Lisa said as she sat down in between Rosé and Jisoo.

"What did Lisa do to you that made you this angry Jen?"

It was Irene who asked. I saw how Lisa's eyes brightened when her gaze landed on the stunning woman beside me. Those eyes, she's looking at her with amusement?

"N-nothing!" I drank the tequila in one go. I coughed when I felt how it burnt my throat. Lisa chuckled when she saw how my face reacted to the liquor's bitter taste.

What's so funny? She's so full of herself. I'm starting to hate her more. For real!

"Easy Jen," Irene once said as she rubbed my back gently.

The party finally started. I talked with everyone nonstop, except with Lisa of course. I just missed my friends so much. They've been gone for a week and it made me feel like a loner, but not totally since that monkey kept bugging me. And when I say monkey, I'm referring to the tall blonde doll-like Lisa.

Doll-like Lisa?

Where did that come from?

Did I just describe her like that?

This must be the alcohol talking!

I know I'm drinking more than my limits but I can't help it. I'm feeling so thirsty that I am loving the feeling of alcohol entering my system. I already planned to get wasted the moment I stepped into this room. This is the only escape I can think of-drinking until I pass out!

"Jennie, you're drunk. Stop drinking already," Irene who was beside me tried to take my glass away but I didn't let her.

"Nahhhhhh unnieyy. Who's drunk? Meyy? Owmaygawdddddd. Why is there a monkeyyyy here?"

IRENE

"Watch where your finger's going drunkard." Lisa gasped when the wasted Jennie kept on saying that she's a monkey.

I have never seen Jennie consumed too much alcohol ever since I've met her. There must be something that is bothering her and it made her resort toward drinking this much.

Everyone was tipsy and drunk but Jennie is the worst. She can't even talk straight. She just kept on babbling things like Lisa is a monkey, Lisa is dangerous, Lisa is a pervert, she was literally badmouthing Lisa in front of us!

"Yah yah you! Monkey!" there she goes again.

"What?" Lisa responded. Wendy, Lia, and Mina already passed out. It was just me, Chaeng, Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie who's still talking. Jisoo is a bit tipsy but Chaeng and Mina didn't drink much that's why they are well aware of the embarrassing things that Jennie is doing. And just like me, we are all shocked that Jennie possesses this kind of behavior.

"Go back to the zoo! Boooo!" we all laughed. We didn't know that Jennie sounds like and talks like a child when she's drunk.

"Don't mind her Lisa," I said while tapping Jennie at the back.

"Joohyun," my heart still skips a bit everytime she calls me by that name. Among my friends, it's just her who never stopped calling me that.

"Y-you're still calling me that."

"Shall we go home?" Rosé spoke all of a sudden which made me conscious that we're not alone as of the moment.

"Y-yeah s-sure."

"I'll take Wendy, Lia, Jisoo, and Mina with me."

"I'll take Joohyun and Jennie then," Lisa responded.

The four can still walk that's why it's easier to get them settled in the car. We let Jennie rest at the back seat while I took the chance to take the passenger's seat.

"I missed you," I said without looking at Lisa.

"Joohyun,"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you do it?" I looked back to make sure that Jennie's sound asleep before I talked again.

"That was a mistake Lisa. I didn't mean to do it."

"I'm giving you the chance to explain, tonight. I deserve an explanation, right?"

"Do you trust me? Will you believe in me?"

"That...I can't promise," I reached for Lisa's hand and intertwined it with mine. Lisa didn't resist and it somehow feels relieving.

"My parents knew about us. They told me that they're going to disown me if I continue seeing you. I tried to fight for you, for us. Despite the warning, I still chose you. But then our company had gone haywire. Slowly, investors were leaving us. That's when Bo Gum's dad offered to help but in one condition,"

"And that is to date Bo Gum?"

"Y-yeah. I was scared that I'll lose everything. I couldn't...I couldn't stand seeing my father suffer. That's why I agreed to date him even if it pierces my heart."

"You should've gone to me. My family is more capable than Bo Gum's family."

"But you know very well that dad will never accept any help from you and your family. He doesn't like seeing us together."

I felt hot tears running down my face. I admit I was a coward, for not pursuing Lisa, for acting on my own without considering how will she feel. I know that this could be selfish, but I still want her.

I want her back.

"We're here," Lisa said coldly before she took her hand from my grip.

"I'm... I'm sorry Lisa-yah," she made contact with my eyes and there I saw a big hint of disappointment and pain. I hope she knows how it crushes my heart to see her like this. I hope she has even the slightest idea of how hard it is for me to see that we kept on drifting farther away from each other as the hands of time moves forward. I hope she realizes that I still want her no matter what.

I leaned forward and slammed my lips on hers. It was just a peck but no metaphor could express how much love I felt.

"I know this sounds selfish...but I want you back Lisa-yah. Goodnight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 86.4K 43
As a senior literature student, Jennie Kim was the girl everyone should know. She is sexy, beautiful, charismatic and almost perfect. Indeed, she was...
7.3K 187 11
COMPLETED Do read the first book if you haven't. Here's the sequel. • Jennie's comeback has been a success and continues to break records around the...
577K 8.7K 49
Warning- the story kind of sucks in the beginning but it gets pretty good (in my opinion) after chapters. Hope you enjoy :) Jennie is an exchange st...
190K 5.2K 38
One summer changed their life but what will happen if their paths crossed again? #1 -#lisamanoban (02-2020) ❤️