And Action [jenvid.]

By alwaysroschel

"Jen?" "Hmm, yea sorry. Just looking through it again." "Nothing will change this okay?" - after receiving... More

One: The Table Read
Two: The Night Before
Three: Filming Part 1.
Four: Filming Part 2.
Five: Realizations
Six: Lunch
Seven: Olive Branches
Eight: Paparazzi, Playbills, and Dinner?
Nine: Waiting
Ten: Lobsters and 20 Dollars
Twelve: Rumour Has It
13: Lies.
14: All I Want
15: Anywhere With You
16: Reality Check Part One.
17: Reality Check Part Two.
18: One Step Closer
19: Welcome To New York
20: The Moment He Knew
21: The Moment She Knew
22: This is Love
23: The Lucky One
24: Interviews to make the news
25: Meant To Be
26: i have you (always)
tow the author's note

Eleven: Love bubble

941 21 8
By alwaysroschel

// timing is weird to write since this is sort of based on the show timeline. But that doesn't matter too much since I've been getting questions about that. //

"Babe," David said for Jennifer to wake up. Yet all she did was hug him tighter which still made him smile nonetheless. "It's time for you to wake up I need to drive you to set honey." He said trying his best efforts.

"We slept too late last night, five more minutes." Jennifer barely spoke still keeping her eyes closed.

"Jen babe come on. If you're late then I'll be late too. We need to drop off Norman at Lisa's too." David tried to guilt trip her with that to wake her up but all Jennifer did was open her eyes to look directly in her boyfriend's eyes. "Good morning." He smiled leaning down to kiss her but she turned away.

"Morning," She groaned turning her back to David to get up.

"Hey I had to wake you up." David told Jennifer who looked back groaned and didn't say a word. "You agreed to the early call times baby not me." David spoke loud enough for Jennifer to hear in the bathroom.

"Oh baby yourself Schwimmer." She yelled back which caused him to laugh.

"So no coffee this morning?" David replied when Jennifer entered the bedroom again.

"I didn't say that..." Jennifer said approaching him and sitting on his lap. Her arms now around his neck.

"Still not a morning person?" David joked.

"I will never be, even if you are." She shook her head. "Good morning baby," She finally said sweetly giving him a soft kiss.

It has been a literal dream for Jennifer and David since they got together almost four months ago now. Fortunately for them with the show on a break from live taping until season 4 officially starts no one has suspected their relationship. Both actors finding it so easy to just be together which is always a plus. Jennifer forgetting from time to time that the other 4 know of their relationship status whenever her eyes would go wide calling him "babe" or "honey" in public. David on the other hand is still trying his best to wake up from what could only be described as a too good to be true blessing.

The couple have only grown strength to strength with minor fights here and there about little things. They do still spend time apart but over the past month they've just been sleeping over at Jennifer's house more and more. To the point where David hardly remembers when he even stayed overnight at his apartment; alone. He doesn't mind it, he likes staying with Jennifer knowing that their time alone will be slim to none when taping starts. Especially if the media catches onto their relationship. A conversation they also had at a late night talk while watching a random movie in the background.

Jennifer had her head on David's chest while he was the one paying attention the movie out of the two of them. Her mind filled with more thoughts than she cares to admit. With one look down at her to check if she's sleeping David knew she was thinking about something. To which he turned off the movie.

"Hey, I was watching that!" Jennifer sat up.

"What's happening?" David asked.

"What?"

"You have that look in your eyes, the same look you had on the beach months ago. What are you thinking?"

Jennifer went silent. They say it's the greatest to date your best friend, or someone you are close friends with. Everyone says it's easy. It is, Jennifer doesn't disagree on that. Her relationship thus far has been a great one. But what she can't believe sometimes is that since David is a close friend, best friend, he can notice her facial expressions change with ease. David notices when things are on her mind even when she can't describe it herself.

"I hate that." She sighed.

"Hate what?"

"I'm just thinking about things, and you just know!" She shook her head covering her face in the process.

"What is it, if you want to share."

"Our break is only for five months in total. We're approaching the fourth month of this hiatus. What's going to happen when there's the public eye? I just can't help but think because we're literally in a bubble. Even Marta, David, and Kevin don't know. We're just here." This time they were spending the night in David's apartment which is rare on occasion. "Unless I'm just getting ahead of things and losing my mind because I do tend to do that." She tried to play it off jokingly.

David didn't speak he just opened his hand for her to take. Which she did. It tended to be his love language the most. Physical Touch, whilst hers was words of affirmation. Things they found out early on.

"We haven't talked about the public finding out no. But what you're thinking about? I think you're forgetting that I'm here too. I'm scared of course but we haven't really been hiding honey. We go out often albeit not as an obvious couple but we don't hide this. David squeezed her hand. "If anything is to happen, the media can do whatever they want. We are together so we will deal with it together. We're just here but if we let the fear win then we really will lose it."

"This is why you're the analyzer and I'm the feeler." She laughed.

"Wouldn't have you any other way." He kissed the top of her head. "Wouldn't lose you to the media either."

"I wouldn't let the media do that to us." She whispered snuggling into him grabbing the remote to turn the movie back on.

For the break they have been making sure to prioritize their plans as well. Jennifer landing a lead role in the movie The Object of My Affection whilst David getting some potential Director roles of a few indie films. The routine being going to work together then ending the day together. Trying to make things as simple and routine like as possible. Everyone at their respective sets have grown accustomed to seeing the other waiting around. No one spoke of anything or any questions about why that's the case. The only thing missing is how they're not publicly official. Yet that isn't something they plan on checking off just yet.

As for Courteney, Matthew, Matt and Lisa they're the ones who have been in their corner since day 1. Back in season 1. The constant teasing from the two Mattys have not stopped one bit. Courteney's older sister personality always shining just in case the couple fight. As for Lisa she's just over the moon that the two are together, yet she's the most protective of Jennifer when it comes to David. The four actors turned friends are the ones who have been keeping an eye out for Jennifer and David in case something pops up with paparazzi. Yet knowing the line between work and reality the couple understands to not let the group know of anything that will just primarily concern them as a pair. Like any fights. Both agreed to not make it seem like any of them must choose sides. They hate for that to happen.

"Well hello you two," Lisa smiled opening the door as Norman just ran in her house.

"Thanks so much for always looking after him Lisa," Jennifer hugged her friend.

"Always. I'm spending most of my time home anyways so might as well do things!" Lisa laughed. "Films almost done?" She turned to David.

"Both of ours yea, so we have time to at least relax a bit before taping." David answered.

"Good, Michael wants to have you two over for dinner some time. Courteney was saying how she hasn't seen you in weeks by the way." Lisa pointed at Jen.

"She's been in Atlanta!" Jennifer replied shockingly.

"Just joking with you, but she does want to catch up with all six of us when she gets back tomorrow."

"We'll make time." Jennifer answered for both of them.

"Ok well you two go before you're late... again." Lisa looked over at Jennifer.

"I'm not a morning person!" Jennifer said in defense.

"You were before David came along." Lisa crossed her arms.

"I didn't know his morning meant 6 am." She rolled her eyes but David just laughed along with Lisa.

The Object of My Affection is a different movie certainly different than Friends for Jennifer

Aniston. Her Nina character is certainly not a Rachel Green even if there are some similarities.

She wasn't going to take it at first due to how scared she was to break out of that Rachel Green

shell but after talking so much to everyone she realized that it's time to break out of that friends bubble.

"Last shooting day babe, you nervous?" David was driving her to work that day after much debate but he insisted saying that they have a celebration for her work. Her work that he just loves to appreciate. Because in David's eyes Jennifer is as amazing even more than the public views her as. If that's possible.

"Crazy to think about. I remember not even wanting to take this role and now we're going to find out about press interviews." Jennifer spoke then got relatively quiet. "You done good by pushing me to do this David." Her confession got him to laugh.

"You need to believe in yourself like we all do. Like I do." He took their hands that are intertwined and kissed it.

"Calm down Schwimmer you already got me." Jennifer tried to joke to ease the gratitude that is forming in the pit of her stomach whenever David gets like this with her. "Don't you have a few more days left of shooting?" She diverted the question to him.

"One week left. But, it's manageable I'm just excited to be behind the camera not in front. Who knows maybe I'll get to direct a project of yours one day." He smiled and so did she.

"Now that I'll be hopeful for." She squeezed his hand.

After dropping Jennifer off on set David sped off to his own location which was approximately 30 minutes to 45 minutes away from where his girlfriend was shooting. It has become a daily routine for them almost to get this domesticated this quickly. Or is it too quick? He's been trying to think if he's getting ahead of himself with this relationship trying to hold onto things in case everything gets taken away from him.

Pulling up to this own parking spot and seeing the crew eased all of the worries in his mind. If they were even worries. At this point they were mere thoughts of seeing a future with someone whom a few years ago was just a crush and a best friend.

"Okay everyone ready for the last week?" David spoke and the cast along with the crew turned around smiling.

"Schwimmer," His assistant director came up to David and the two shared a hug. Diana was a recent film school graduate who had been on David's radar for some time after his own connections around Los Angeles told him about her. Naturally he became a mentor for the aspiring director.

"Di, everything set up?" He asked her which she nodded in response. "Great, sorry I was a little late everyone." David now turned to face the crew.

"We know already David don't say sorry it's getting funnier that you have to apologize for taking some time for you and your girlfriend you know?" One of the actors said.

"Alright, alright." He raised both hands laughing along with everyone. "Let's get started now, shall we? Last week?"

That gained the uproar of everyone present as they all scrambled to their designated spaces. David's change from actor to director was something he wanted to tread lightly on because of the popularity that came with Friends. After a few meetings with his management, he decided upon at least trying out directing through a few indie films that were suggested to him. This one being the first.

Sitting in his designated chair amongst the rest of the crew it felt familiar and yet he knows that he misses Friends. He can't compete with the two fields of this industry he decided to enter in.

"Tight shot into the two leads." David instructed as the camera crew followed. "Quiet on set! And Action."

On the other side of the spectrum from behind the camera to acting right in front of it Jennifer and David appear to be completely different. The Object of My Affection is different yet comparable to Friends for Jennifer Aniston. Both of her characters are the easy loveable, girl next door type of women. Yet both have differences and both have qualities that Jennifer also has which is why she is drawn to them.

Instantly she got along with Paul Rudd, her co star and character's love interest for the movie. It was just so easy to talk to someone who understood similar things to her. And of course that translated to good partnership on screen to which the entire crew noticed. However, the only ones who knew that they both have their own respective relationships was the other actor. No one out of the two of them knew. To keep it more secretive as Jennifer and Paul both said that they preferred to have their relationships secret from the media as long as they could. But, that caused more harm for them than good.

It was the last scenes for the day and the hardest ones to shoot personally because it involved heavy dialogue. Jennifer's character, Nina, admitting to Paul Rudd's character that she is in fact in love with him. In love with someone whom she can't have. That feeling she used to have that lasted for years before she was in the place she is now.

"Paul and Jen you both good for the last scene?" Their director approached them for clarification. Both actors stopped their conversation between takes and both said yes.

Paul and Jen looked at each other getting on their marks before the director yelled his call.

"I was watching Frank and Caroline today, and I just keep thinking.. That this is real and George and I are not." Jennifer sniffled getting into character quicker than most. The thing that kept her in that pain was the thought of her own pain for four years. As Paul approached her it all felt so real somehow to which he also caught on.

"We're just different."

"But I don't think I'm that different. I want you to be with me. I want you to marry me. I want you to love me the way that I love you." She paused for a second her tears being too much of a bother for her to get the lines out of her mouth. "I don't really want to see who you are at all."

Paul feeding off of that emotion that Jennifer is feeling is allowing him to also tap into the emotional pain that he wanted to keep buried. "I think you do see me."

"Well then tell me the truth. What do you want?"

"I want Paul."

The moment those words left his mouth Jennifer sobbed. No one knowing the truth of her pain not even Paul. It didn't need to be present pain for her to feel and react this way. That's what actors do, they take things from their own lives and channel that. This was no different. The cast and crew just looking in awe as if this entire movie was a real thing, because the two leads made it feel like it was.

"And I want to be able to look at you and not feel so hurt by you." Her tears just streaming down her face. Paul coming up to her hugging her tightly unscripted to show that he is there for her.

"I'm so sorry. The last person in the world that I would want to hurt is you." The words leaving Paul's mouth being the ones she wanted to hear back then.

"I know that. I know. You can't choose who you love. I think Paul was the best thing that ever happened to us, you know? At least he got us to tell the truth."

"But, I don't want to lose you."

"I can't let things stay the same."

As the director yelled cut it was as if all the emotions Jennifer felt also went away. Her tears stopped coming out and she snapped back into the reality of her happiness that is very much true to life. The remembrance of that feeling was just something she needs from time to time to refresh her mindset that everything, all of that pain, that emotion. Was worth it. Because this circumstance is something that she wasn't expecting.

Before the two actors could speak to one another the director announced it was a movie wrap for them both on this movie. The applause growing making them both smile.

"Everything okay Jen?" Paul asked as they made their way towards their two trailers.

"Just very grateful for this role is all. Something I wasn't expecting to do." Jennifer answered honestly. "It was actually my boyfriend who told me to take on the role. Not because I was completely against it but because I was starting to doubt on how much I can take all at once you know? When you feel like you have work you think it will last forever, but during these hiatus times I think that it won't last."

Paul gave Jennifer an unexpected hug. To which he wasn't aware that men with cameras were watching their every move taking pictures to sell to magazines. False headlines about a relationship. But they won't know... Yet.

"You deserve this success Jen. And thank god for your boyfriend who persuaded you to do this because I can't imagine anyone else playing your role."

"He said the exact same thing to me this morning." She laughed.

"He's right though."

"It's David by the way." Jennifer finally said his name to Paul.

"I had a feeling even if you didn't tell me."

"How could you know?"

"It was the way you spoke about him. Sounded like love."

Celebrations aren't easy to do publicly when you're two people from a high profiled tv show. But, David wanted this to be something special even just for one night. Regardless of who they are. Just one night.

"I don't need a fancy dinner honey. We can just order in." Jennifer said as David gave the keys to the valet.

"We have a lot to celebrate."

"Do we?"

"Didn't you know today is a special day, best friends day isn't that right?"

"I thought it was our four months together today no?" She joined in on his jokes.

"That too." He played along laughing. However, the laughter died down when he noticed the cameras approaching. "Sweetie, they're here." Jennifer doesn't nor will ever like the paparazzi. Giving her anxiety in more ways than one. "Hey, I'm here."

"I was hoping for at least one more month of solo time."

"We still have our time when we get to your place." He took her hand in his. "Ready?" She just nodded in response as they kept walking towards the entrance of the restaurant. Cameras now surrounding them yelling things that are just too absurd to even be counted as hot news. Except one particular thing, that caught David.

"Jennifer are you David going to meet Paul inside?" One man yelled.

"Jennifer are you and co star Paul Rudd in a relationship?" The other said.

Which those headlines kept repeating until the two finally got inside. Things that Jennifer had blocked out but David was starting to feel something towards. Something that he kept inside until their food got to the table.

"Babe, you seem quiet all of a sudden." Jennifer pointed out.

"So, Paul..." David spoke.

"What about Paul?" Jennifer asked.

"H-He has a girlfriend you said right?" David trying to bring up conversation lightly but Jennifer hearing a tinge of jealousy in his tone. Something that made her laugh honestly.

"He does, honey." She grabbed his hand. "Babe are you jealous of Paul?" She laughed a little. David didn't answer. "So you're not jealous of Paul."

"I'm not."

"Then you wouldn't mind if I invite him over for dinner tomorrow at my place?" Jennifer asked not really making those plans but seeing his reaction.

"I wouldn't mind." David said non chalantly.

Jennifer giggled. "Babe, it's okay to be jealous but there's nothing between Paul and I. He has a girlfriend."

"I know you told me."

"Why the cold replies then huh? I thought we were supposed to be celebrating?" She raised her eyebrows at him raising her glass to take a sip.

"We are."

"Doesn't' seem like much of a celebration if you don't talk to me." Jennifer teased. "Babe."

"Hmm?" David took a bite of his food.

"Paul has a girlfriend. They've been together for years." She paused waiting for his reaction. "He knows about you too." This caught David's attention.

"He does?"

"Honey, of course he does. Now stop with the jealousy act."

"I'm not."

"I love you." Jennifer confessed. "Well that shut you up didn't it?" She laughed.

"You love me?"

"I love you so much. Paparazzi or not. Media finding out or not. I love you."

"I love you too." He replied smiling. "Even if you were jealous about Diana before this thing with Paul."

"So you admit that you were jealous of Paul."

"If you admit that you were jealous of Diana before you even met her." He teased back.

"Jealousy." She said.

"Jealousy." He repeated. "But all out of love. Because I love you."

"Happy anniversary babe." Jennifer smiled at her boyfriend.

"Happy anniversary honey." David replied.

Now this wasn't something I was going with. Honestly had a different direction but I deleted everything and went with this chapter idea instead. I want to keep the fluff going for at least a chapter longer than expected. I will be gone for a week or so from updating so I want to make this recent one a happier chapter before drama ahah. As always I hope you enjoy <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 539 10
We all know that Ross and Rachel got their happy ending. But, what about Jennifer and David?
28.3K 985 50
It's always have and never hold You've began to feel like home What's mines is yours to leave or take What's mines is yours to make your own Be my b...
2K 66 6
Summary: "I just want to spend time with you on our anniversary. Is that really too much to ask?" Ross had asked her and for the first time that nigh...
17.1K 313 13
𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚌 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙, 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎...