Gwaedh [Legolas Love Story]...

By MoonStoneAndStars

Elarinya, a woman with an elvish name, was one of the many terribly affected by the War of the Ring. Even tho... More

Author's Notes
Special Thanks
Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
Epilogue

XXVII.

1.6K 54 9
By MoonStoneAndStars

Author's Note: this is the song an elleth will sing during the feast. The paragraph in which it is introduced is marked with a *. I recommend you listen to the music once the mark appears. It is amazingly beautiful.

As much as Legolas wanted to stay with Elarinya until she opened her eyes, he had been called to greet his people as it was supposed for the prince. The elves stranded him, saying how good it was to have him back, asking him about his quest, announcing they were very excited for the feast they had for his and the king's return, and Legolas wouldn't mind attending to his diplomatic duties any other day, but not now when Elarinya could have been hurt because of him. 

The last elf to approach was Tauriel "How is the woman?"

"She is sleeping."

"Harthon apologizes deeply for losing her. Apparently the hobbits were too agitated and she seemed fine, he didn't notice her leaving."

"I shouldn't have been distracted either."

There is regret in Tauriel's eyes "My lord Legolas, I betrayed you and disrespected your feelings-"

"Tauriel," Legolas interrupts calmly "It's in the past."

She looks at him and almost doesn't recognize him. He is fine, but the war has changed him, his heart was stronger. She notices he wants to leave so she bows and goes.

Legolas finally has the chance to go back to Elarinya, but first he owes his friends some words. He goes to the dining hall where they eat some fruit and he guarantees she is fine, just asleep, and the situation won't occur ever again. His friends sigh in relief and he leads them to their rooms, invites them to get changed to the best formal clothes that await them on each bedroom. They will have a great feast and he will meet them with Elarinya as Thranduil himself shows them the palace. When Legolas at last gets to his room, hours after leaving, Elarinya is no longer there.

Elarinya had woken up feeling better, only sad. Her heart didn't ache anymore, but she had no idea where she was. She looked around the room, the smell of wood and leaves, the silver circlets on display, the great selection of bows, twin blades and swords. She was sleeping in his bed. She blushed immediately, it was too innapropriate, specially in his own kingdom. 

She raised and sighed, remembering all that had happened. She could never feel angry at him, and the situation only reinforced the decision she had made - their bond would remain a secret. He was a great friend, and she loved him for it too. She would mantain their friendship without a second thought, but she needed some time alone now, to organize her thoughts, clear her mind. She exited the room and spoke in Sindarin, asking a guard to take her to the safe place she always found, the library. She found it strange the guard didn't question her, but Thranduil had already given orders that the palace was at the will of their guests. 

As she reached the library, old and rich and towered with books, she wondered if it was possible to love a single room as much as she loved her sister or him or her friends. If all elven libraries were like this, she would beg Arwen on her knees to allow her to visit Rivendell. She could start her search about the elleth commander of the orcs, but she was in such awe she didn't want to ruin the moment with battle thoughts. She picked a tale's book and sat down reading. 

An hour later her heart beats stronger. Ever since her bond, she would feel it whenever Legolas approached, if she were to follow her instinct it would lead to him, if he felt an intense emotion she would feel a taste of it. He enters the library and she looks at him. There is an immediate smile on his face. 

"Of course you would be here."

She closes the book and prepares to raise, but he motions her to stay sit and sits by her side. Elarinya starts "The guard didn't refuse bringing me here, but if I shouldn't be-"

"No, no," Legolas gets ahead "The library is yours. You can go anywhere you wish, just not the woods," there is a small thankful smile on her face but regret on his, he holds her hands "Elarinya, forgive me, it should have never happened." 

Her heart jolts the moment he holds her hands. That stupid bond that she had not yet managed to control completely. "Don't beat yourself into it, Legolas. I'm here now." 

"Yes, but I should have-" he stops when he notices the serious look on her eyes. She always does this whenever anyone apologizes for something she doesn't think they should, he has realized. He smiles defeatedly, his voice gentle "Alright. Be honest with me, are you feeling alright?" 

She nods, smiling a little. There is a comfortable silence between the two of them, and she finally removes her hands as she looks around and then at him "It suits you, this place. I can tell it's your home."

Legolas smiles "Thank you. I will show you everything," She leans sideways and looks at him entirely, he is dressed very formally, with a silver tunic and his simple circlet on his head. He chuckles "Ah yes, but not now. There is a small feast going on, to celebrate our return and our honorable guests. I was hoping you would join me," There is a doubtful look on her face "Whenever you feel tired, I will take you to your room."

"Alright then," she raises "Let's go."

Legolas laughs "Not dressed like that, you aren't. Come with me."

He walks and she follows "What is wrong with the way I dress?"

"It's not formal enough. My kin pays a lot of attention to formal attire."

"I didn't bring any dress, I came here to fight."

"Don't worry, I got it handled."

He leads her to a comfortable room, smaller than his. He opens the wardrobe and searches among the dresses. She peeks inside as he takes a light blue dress with silver strands embeded in it, sometimes making it hard to differentiate the colors. He gives it to her "This is too beautiful, Legolas."

"I will wait outside," he offers her no time to fight him, as he knows she will, and exits the room immediately. She comes out after a few minutes, wearing the dress with her hair loose. He looks at her quietly as she looks at him shyly, and finally he whispers in Sindarin "Beautiful."

She blushes "Thank you."

He offers her his arm like the well educated prince he is and leads her to the feast. The elves are sitting in round tables scattered around the room, and Legolas is sad to see she will have to sit with Gimli and the hobbits while he is on a central grand table with Thranduil and Aragorn. Probably the best for her, her table won't be as boring. He helps her sit, bows and leaves for his table, but smiles as he hears the hobbits saying she looks like a princess. Aragorn and Thranduil share a suspicious look. 

The feast has many food and the most delicious wine Elarinya has ever tasted. The hobbits and Gimli assume their mission is to make Elarinya laugh after the forest event, and their jokes and stories do accomplish. The elves always look at them whenever they laugh, considering them poorly mannered creatures, but Legolas and Aragorn despise the boredom of diplomatic talk and wish they could be there laughing too. 

The performances start. Some elves dance, others do some magic tricks, but the singing is what impresses them the most. There is a beauty in elven voices like no other, and whatever sentiment the song and the singer inflict, the humans, hobbits and the dwarf feel it more deeply and strongly than others, elven enchantment enfolded in the beautiful words, even when it is sang in Sindarin and only Elarinya and Aragorn understand.

* Then, in honor of the love of Aragorn and Arwen, an elleth sings of the tale of Beren and Lúthien in the common tongue, the sad but beautiful love story of a man and an elleth from the First Age. The sorrow and love in the elleth's voice is powerful and heartfelt, and the hobbits have tears on their eyes, Gimli wipes his own with his beard, Aragorn cries, feeling how his love for Arwen is just as deep. Elarinya cries too, the tears flowing without being able to stop and Gimli holds her hand. The song reminds her of what she can't have. 

Even some of the elves feel emotional, but they all clap once it's finished. The food and drinks and regular music returns, the elves share with joy, though the others still remain with tears in their eyes, Elarinya's the hardest to control, perhaps still affected by the woods, enhanced by her bond. 

She tells her friends she is feeling tired and needs to rest, and disappears among the happy mess of the elves, returning to her room. 

_______

I hope you're enjoying this ride! Don't forget to vote and comment your favorite parts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.6K 4.7K 48
After the horrible incident in the fortress of Gundabad, Turwaithiel returns to Rivendell as a different person. Her night is filled with horrible dr...
182K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
14.2K 168 26
What if Aragorn had a longer life? What if he was already married to Arwen? What if they had a daughter? What if she joined the fellowship and fell i...
69.6K 1.9K 33
It's been 60 years since Amara Silverhood traveled with the Company of Thorin Oakenshield, but the pain in her heart remains as ever present as the d...