Pinky Promise

By MicStories

"You are all she has left. Never let her go. Always protect her through the dark. Promise me that you'll alwa... More

Chapter 1: First meeting
Chapter 2: Family Life
Chapter 3: Home invasion
Chapter 4: Run away
Chapter 5: Getting help
Chapter 6: Good morning
Chapter 7: Anger
Chapter 8: There is hope
Chapter 9: London
Chapter 10: We're safe
Chapter 11: Salvation
Chapter 12: Welcome home
Chapter 13: Happy birthday
Chapter 14: Stressed
Chapter 15: Hiding emotions
Chapter 16: Discovering the truth
Chapter 17: Maria
Chapter 18: Progress
Chapter 20: Toughen up
Chapter 21: Any last words?
Chapter 22: Our day
Chapter 23: Watch over her
Chapter 24: Fresh start
Chapter 25: Magical place on Earth
Chapter 26: Paranoia
Chapter 27: Unpleasant truth
Chapter 28: Progress
Chapter 29: What's the point?

Chapter 19: End of an era

2.7K 131 10
By MicStories

Dean

Placing my bag down, I rubbed my tired eyes and frowned at the clock.

6:35pm.

Clenching my fists in frustration, I sighed out. I had been with James all day that Lucy was probably wondering where I was. This was the longest I had ever been without her.

"Hello sweetheart, I was just about to start dinner and"-

"Where's Lucy?" I interrupted Maria causing her to stop talking.

Pain flashed across her face as she gave me a sad smile.

Feeling overcome with dread, I went to rush past her but she quickly grabbed me by my arm.

"Maria, where is my sister!".

Maria sighed heavily and pointed to the living room.

Not sparing another second, I rushed past her and pushed open the heavy double doors only to come into a heart stopping scene.

"Happy birthday!!!" Everyone cheered with little barrels of confetti.

James jumped behind me and gently pushed me inside the room.

"James Richardson, you big oaf, you were supposed to be here 7 minutes ago" Isabella glared at him with her hands on her hips.

James smiled shyly before embracing her in a hug and looked down at Lucy who was already tucking into one of the cookies she had made.

Kneeling before my little world, I opened my arms up to her and smiled as she crashed her little body into my arms.

"Love you Dean Bean" she whispered as she grasped me by her little hands. They rested on my cheeks as her stern little eyes looked into mine as if she was checking I was okay.

Wiping my finger across her frown, I pressed my lips against her forehead and pulled her tightly so she was squished against my chest.

"I love you even more Lucy. No-one will ever love you more than I do. And did you do all this you little monkey?" I whispered as she covered her mouth to restrain a guilty giggle.

"Yes" she cheered before picking up some confetti and sprinkling it over my head.

I didn't even tell anyone it was my birthday. It didn't even matter to me. After discovering the truth of my parents and the man after me, my every thought was on how to keep Lucy safe. But in the midst of my stress and chaos, Lucy the sweetest girl had planned a surprise birthday party, I had no doubt that Maria, Isabella and James were involved too.

"Eat Dean Bean" she giggled as she pretty much shoved a cupcake into my mouth.

Rolling my eyes at the new nickname she had given to me, I chewed on the delicious cupcake with a huge smile on my face.

Lucy stood before me with her hands on her hips with her foot tapping against the carpet, the way she had seen me do when I was being impatient.

"Good?" she questioned as she nibbled on her bottom lip.

Lucy wanted to be everything. And she was. An excellent baker, an astronaut making her own rocket with pillows and cardboard boxes and she could quite possibly run for Prime Minister at 3 years old. She was the boss in this household, not me. She was strong, smart and didn't take crap from anyone.

"It's absolutely delicious! Thank you".

Lucy's stern little expression vanished as she placed her hands under her chin in excitement and started dancing around the room causing everyone to laugh.

Looking up at everyone in the room, I felt my heart swell at the sight.

Even though my family were stolen from me, I knew we had been blessed with a second family. Lucy and I would be protected and loved unconditionally by these wonderful people.

"Right, I think it's time for presents" James called out as he scooped up Lucy in his arms and spun her around as if she was some kind of space rocket.

"Yes yes yes!" she squealed as she playfully pulled at James' ears causing him to stick out his tongue at her.

Sitting down on the carpet with Lucy taking charge of bringing me gifts, I smiled at the messy packaging knowing who had attempted to wrap it.

Thanking Lucy, I took the gift from her hand watching her as she waited in excitement.

Ripping the paper open, I looked down at the little box and opened it to see a beautiful necklace with a locket on it.

Opening it up, I couldn't help but smile at the photo of both me and Lucy laughing together whilst she lay in my arms.

Someone had taken the photo of us without our knowledge. 

"Look!".

Lucy pulled something from out of her top and showed me a matching one.

"Lucy, I love it so much. I will never take it off" I whispered to her before holding my finger up.

"Pinky promise?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"I promise" she giggled back before entangling my finger with hers.

With Lucy in my lap, I opened up the numerous gifts that James, Isabella and Maria had spoiled me with.

I hate to think how much money they spent on me, but I was so appreciative of everything they gave me.

"Okay, I have saved the best"-

James instantly stopped talking when Lucy started to growl at him obviously unimpressed hinting that her present was not the best.

"Woah there little wolf, your present was the best alright. But this one is probably a little overboard".

Isabella raised a brow at James clearly unaware to what he had done.

James gave her a cheeky grin before rummaging into his pocket and pulled out a key with a bow on it.

"What is"-

"Go check the garage" he chuckled before leading us all out of the living room.

************************

"Are you serious?!" I screamed.

"Woah!" Lucy gasped.

"Are you out of your mind James!!" Isabella scolded him before playfully slapping him on the cheek.

"But James, I'm only 12" I looked at him completely confused as to why he had brought me an expensive car.

James walked over to me and placed both of his hands on my shoulders.

"I know buddy, I know. But seeing as you're the man of the house, I thought this would motivate you to always look up and keep going".

James turned me around and got on his knees with his hands still on my shoulders.

"12 years old and you have achieved more than most middle aged men. No matter how much we try and tell you, looking after Lucy will always be your number one priority. When you're old enough, this car is yours to take Lucy to wherever the little warrior wants to go. I will help you learn the ins and outs of cars so that when you come of age you'll be able to drive with no worries. I know my wife is going to give me hell when we get home, but after everything that has happened, I want you to feel stronger and more prepared. Do you understand?".

"Yes Sir" I replied with a firm nod.

Taking the keys from James' hand, I stepped aside and looked at the beauty of the car and all it's perfect details.

Resting my hand on the bonnet of the expensive car, I let my eyes fall shut and remembered the endless cars parked outside at our old home. 

I always thought the cars belonged to business associates of my dad, but now I understand that he was rich and had a love of expensive cars.

Can't say I blame him.

"Also I have another surprise for you, but that's for tomorrow when you come to the office" he chuckled before turning to Isabella who certainly wasn't smiling.

"If you buy our baby a Ferrari, you're going to sleep in the shed for 3 months" Isabella wagged her finger at James who was pouting at her words.

*********************

The next day

Ensuring that Lucy and Maria were fully guarded, I quickly got in the black SUV parked outside the house and relaxed back into the leather seats wondering what else James had done.

Since learning that this scumbag Adam was after Lucy and I, I was constantly on alert mode.

I no longer slept in my bedroom. I had tried, but the nightmares of losing Lucy kept me awake.

So I slept on her bedroom floor every night with a baseball bat under the covers.

No-one would ever got close to her. My little ray of sunshine.

I'd go to sleep with my duvet over me, but as if by some magic I'd wake up with her princess blanket over me with her snuggled up next to me in my arms.

I felt bad for Lucy in a way. I wanted her to flourish, I wanted her to be free. But with the threat lingering over our heads, I was overbearingly protective over her.

But I'd make sure to free us from the threat so she could at least have a normal childhood whilst I secure our future.

Resting my head on the window, I let my eyes shut knowing Lucy would be safe whilst I was out. Upon my orders, James ensured every corner of the house was covered. He wanted peace of mind as much as I did.

Relaxing to the gentle hum of the car, I wrapped my arms around myself and let myself sleep during the journey.

*******************

Stepping into James' office, I frowned at the sight of him already engaging in a meeting with 6 men.

"Ah Dean, glad you're here" James stood from his desk with a reassuring smile, but I felt no comfort.

"What's going on? Who are these people?" I muttered out whilst watching at them with a stern expression.

"It's alright Dean, they work for me. This is Hayden and Connor. They oversee the security and this is Killian, Ben and Daniel who used to be in the mafia I once ran. I brought them all here as it's time to stop messing around. There is a threat lingering over your head and I want to take every measure possible. Follow me".

James walked away from his desk and stopped in front of his bookshelf.

Watching in awe, James pulled a book out and just like I've seen in a couple of movies, the book shelf opened up to reveal a hidden room.

"Come on" he ordered me with his hand gesturing for me to step inside.

Not sparing a second, I stepped in and looked up completely shocked by the size of this hidden room. It was huge, even bigger than his office.

"As much as I want you to have a childhood, I also want to start training you".

"Training?" I raised a brow with my eyes focused on the glass cabinet.

Guns. Knives and weapons I had never seen before.

James rested his hand on my shoulder causing me to stiffen at what he meant.

"This man Adam is psychotic. He has killed men, women and children. And he won't stop until he kills you and Lucy. I have tried to shield you away from this and I am not wanting you to chase him, but I want to train you to be able to defend yourself and Lucy should anything ever happen. I know you're scared and"-

"You're wrong James, I'm not scared" I muttered out darkly whilst staring into his eyes.

I didn't care for school nor about hanging out and playing video games. What I cared about was getting justice for my family.

As I stared at the weapons, I started to think back to the boys that beat me and stole my money when I came to London for James' help. Shutting my eyes, I remembered the way they pushed Lucy to the ground and took her bunny away. Her cries, her shaking my nearly unconscious body begging me to open my eyes. Feeling my hands begin to shake, I opened my eyes and stared at the gun knowing that the sweet innocent child side of me was no longer here.

I was ready to take control of the mafia and end this once and for all.

For Lucy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 725 23
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...
88.9K 3K 30
A bungo stray dogs story where you are Furina from Genshin impact (! Not my original idea !)
83.7K 4.5K 30
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်
109K 2.5K 101
Idk I will try my best to write a good story, my writing skills are very bad and I will try to stay on the main story line of aot, I might mess up so...