Persona: World of Twilight

Bởi Girlinatophat

Ebizo Niikura was living a normal student life until a bizarre event caused his life to turn upside down. Wit... Xem Thêm

Character Credits
His Genesis
Realm of Twilight
This Charming Persona
Velvet Clock Tower
Death Arcana
The Kid Detective
Sun Arcana
Away to Neverland
The Ticking Crocodile
Home Again
Justice Arcana
Moon Arcana
Don't Look Back
Hopeless Ultra Girl
Hanged Man Arcana
Lovers Arcana
Pink Palace
Life on Luethea?
Threads of Fate
Tower Arcana
Fortune Arcana
Paranoia
Go Go Ramen
My Little Sister
The Fat Controller
A Shadow In Reality
Hierophant Arcana
Beach Episode
Hermit Arcana
Strangeways, Here We Come
Temperance Arcana
Star Arcana
Skyscraper
Elementary!
Chariot Arcana
Devil Arcana
The Game Is Afoot!
Magician Arcana
Priestess Arcana
Kimono Petals
Asleep
The Great Deduction
You Owe Me Something
Strength Arcana
New Years Warning
Emperor & Faith Arcana
Empress Arcana
Abyssal Wings
To The Future
Character Profiles & Post-Book Notes

Judgement Arcana

24 1 0
Bởi Girlinatophat

It took Ebizo ten minutes to find the room that Teiko was in. Juichi had told the group that she was well, and a little girl was born at 4:56 that morning. Teiko was now open to visitors, and Suzue insisted that he visit her. He even had a little gift bag for... some reason.

He pushed open the door to Teiko's room. Teiko, Juichi and the baby were inside. Juichi was passed out next to Teiko, much to Ebizo's amusement.

Teiko smiled when Ebizo entered the room. "You're one of the kids that saved me," she remembered, "You didn't have to bring me a present..."

Ebizo placed the gift next to Teiko. "My mom insisted. She has a soft spot for babies. Oh, um... she said to give you her number in case you need any help. She says she's a very good nanny."

"That's sweet of her," Teiko replied, "I'm sure the baby will love her gifts."

He looked down at the sleeping baby. "Do you have a name for her yet? She's so tiny..."

"Mifune," Teiko smiled to herself. "She's named after my best friend. She was also Juichi's sister... but it's not my place to say what happened to her."

"I'm guessing she's not around anymore." Ebizo frowned.

"She was killed, yes," Teiko turned to Juichi. "He took it hard. She made me promise to take care of him... so I've been doing just that. He doesn't really have any friends... until he met you!"

Ebizo groaned at the idea of being considered Juichi's friend. "I'm, uh, sorry your husband died. He didn't even get to see his daughter..."

"This is going to sound bad, but I was relieved that he died," Teiko rolled her eyes. "I... I never wanted to marry him in the first place. His father is my boss, and I didn't want to lose my job... not after I'd worked so hard to get there."

"But they wouldn't have fired you for something like that," Ebizo shook his head. "Uh, would they?"

Teiko gave Ebizo a look. "Anyway... I never loved him. He was obsessed with me. He followed me home and worked out where I lived."

"Sounds like a stalker," Ebizo commented, "Isn't that a crime?"

"There's no way I could get him arrested over something like that!" Teiko argued, "I didn't even want a baby. I have no motherly tendencies in me. Don't get me wrong - I'll take care of Mifune. I love the little one. But..."

"I get it," Ebizo said, "He basically coerced you into having children."

"He didn't even want me working!" Teiko huffed, "He said I should just stay home and take care of the baby, because he had enough money to cover the two of us. Like that was ever going to happen! As soon as I'm able, I'm going to jump back into work."

"But you'll need a babysitter," Ebizo pointed out, "That'll be costly..."

"Juichi's agreed to help me," Teiko reassured him, "He's being really sweet about it. We're thinking of getting a place together so we can both look after the little one. He wants to get away from his parents, and I don't want to live in my father-in-law's house for one more second..."

Ebizo gasped as baby Mifune woke up. She gurgled and looked up at Ebizo with wonder in her eyes.

"You can pick her up, if you want," Teiko told him, "Do you know how to hold a baby?"

"I used to hold my baby brother, yeah." Ebizo replied, picking Mifune up with his arms. He smiled, remembering how heavy babies were.

"You should let Juichi join your group of friends," Teiko asked him, "He could really do with some... he just isn't used to being around people his age."

"Well... I guess he could come and hang out with us," Ebizo shrugged. "As long as he brings Mifune."

"I'm sure Mifune will love the opportunity to go outside!" Teiko chirped, "It'll give me a break, too."

Juichi stirred from his slumber and rubbed his eyes. He rubbed them again when he saw Ebizo. "What's he doing here?"

"He's just visiting," Teiko insisted, "He was just saying that he'd love to have you hang out with his group of friends!"

"Wh-What?" Juichi grumbled, "I don't... I'd only hang out with them so I can show how I'm the best Persona user out of all of them!"

"We'll still need your help," Ebizo told him, putting Mifune back down. "We don't know what's causing those things to happen. We'll need your help."

"Ugh, fine," Juichi rolled his eyes. "As long as it doesn't interrupt my babysitting duties."

"I hope you get this sorted out soon," Teiko smiled at the two. "Not even the police can do something about this..."

"It's okay, Teiko. We'll do our best to get things back to normal," Ebizo said, "Trust in us!"

A tarot card floated above Teiko's head. It was the Judgement Arcana. Ebizo smiled at the sight. He must be getting close getting the entire deck, right?

——

The group had decided to meet up for the first time with Juichi included. Whilst they had explained most things to Juichi, they fully expected him to have even more questions. Asking questions was basically his job.

Juichi approached the group with a pram - Mifune was inside, sleeping soundly. He stood awkwardly near the group. "Um. This isn't my baby."

"We know. We were there," Eriko reminded him, "I bet lots of people have asked you that, huh?"

Chieko rushed over to meet Mifune. "Oh, look how cute she is! Hayasaki! Isn't she so cute? Huh?"

"She is cute," Hayasaki admitted, "But we're supposed to be talking about Luethea, not how cute the baby is..."

"She's only here to give Teiko a break," Juichi told them, "Teiko said she might enjoy the fresh air. I, uh, guess she's right..."

"Let's talk about Luethea, then," Ebizo insisted, "So... any guesses as to where they might target next?"

"The last building was probably the biggest thing in Jansaai," Akoto said, "I don't see what they could take next..."

"I thought about this," Juichi jumped into the conversation, "Perhaps they'll target somewhere that has a large area. Rather than height, they'll go for something like that."

"We still don't get why they're doing this, though," Akoto grumbled, "I wish we would figure that out..."

"Maybe we will, now that we have a detective on the case!" Aurora chirped, "I'm sure we'll find out some big information soon. It's only a matter of time."

"Don't look at me for answers," Natsumi mumbled, "I don't know, either... it just started happening one day."

"People are aware of it, too," Koichi noted, "Have you seen the amount of paranormal investigators in town? I've heard that the hotels are booked up, too. Whatever this is, it's bringing a lot of tourism to Jansaai."

"There's even the Alice concert soon!" Chieko squealed, "I managed to get tickets... Hayasaki and I are going!"

"And you didn't invite us?" Aurora huffed, "I would've loved to go!"

"I was only able to get two tickets, Aurora," Chieko replied, "They're crazy expensive. I ended up buying them from someone else."

"I can't believe she's playing here," Eriko said, "It seems like such a small place to be touring. Do we even have a place for her to play?"

"I think they're using the baseball stadium," Ebizo told her, "But it's kinda small.... I think they're adding seats and a stage in themselves."

"The baseball stadium!" Juichi gasped. "What if they're planning to take over that?"

"That's not until December, though," Akoto pointed out, "They usually attack once a month. It'll mean they don't attack at all in November."

"We have to think of something," Koichi mumbled, "Oh! That reminds me. What are you guys doing for Halloween?"

"Halloween?" Hayasaki repeated, "I'm going out with my sister..."

"Me, too," Chieko nodded. "I have to be the one to take my little sister out..."

"It should be fun," Ebizo smiled. "A few of us have siblings to go out with. We know they won't attack during Halloween, so..."

"But didn't you hear?" Natsumi tilted her head. "Halloween is when the dead can walk the Earth! Oooooo!"

"You've been listening to Akoto too much," Eriko rolled her eyes. "Are we done here? I want to grab lunch."

"We're going to get lunch together, aren't we?" Aurora said, "We have to do something as a group!"

"As long as the place accepts babies," Juichi pointed to the baby in the pram. "I'm sorry if she starts crying..."

——

Ebizo sat on the sofa waiting for Tasuku to finish getting ready. He had insisted on being a pumpkin for Halloween, throwing out his previous pirate costume. Ebizo was perfectly happy with his zombie costume. All he had to do was wear a ripped shirt and jeans.

Tasuku trotted down the stairs and patted his pumpkin outfit. "Do I look like a pretty pumpkin, Ebizo?"

"Yeah, yeah," Ebizo nodded, not really paying attention. "Is Kinuya ready yet?"

"I'm coming!" Kinuya called, running down the stairs in her witch outfit. "I had to do Tasuku's makeup... I think he looks like a pretty pumpkin, don't you?"

"Let's go already!" Tasuku ran for the door. "We have to get to the parade early so we can get a good look!"

"I thought you wanted to join the parade," Kinuya tilted her head. "You said you wanted to show everyone your costume."

"Yeah, but then Mom told me that you have to walk for ages," Tasuku grumbled, "I'd rather see the street vendors and stuff."

"You're going to make me spend all of my pocket money," Ebizo rolled his eyes. "Come on. Let's get going. We're late enough as it is..."

"You could've put more effort into your halloween costume, Ebizo," Kinuya grinned. "You're literally just wearing a ripped shirt and some eye makeup."

"And? I'm a recently deceased zombie," Ebizo shrugged. "It's fine. You don't have to come up with a new outfit every year."

"It just means he won't win the outfit contest," Tasuku chuckled. "Because he's a dumbo, and didn't dress up properly."

"I'm not dumb! I'm smart!" Ebizo insisted, "Remember who's buying your food, Tasuku!"

Tasuku stuck his tongue out at Ebizo and ran outside. It was already getting dark. Ebizo was beginning to miss the summer.

"At least mom and dad get some time to themselves," Kinuya mumbled, "Tasuku can be annoying at times... I don't know how they do it."

"I heard that!" Tasuku cried, "I'm just impatient! We're gonna be late, you two!"

"We're going to be fine! It's not a race!" Ebizo insisted, "It's a small town; there won't be many people there."

The three of them began to walk to the town centre, where the parade was taking place. This was a new tradition - street vendors realised that they could get more money if they came together on Halloween. Ebizo wasn't complaining. It was something to do.

They approached the town centre and watched as a fireworks display was being set off. Tasuku made Ebizo spend all of his money - which was fun. He was supposed to be saving for Christmas.

Kinuya tried to eat a candy apple as best she could. "Mm, you know, I'm glad we got this time to hang out. It's been so crazy with exams lately. I just want a break."

"So you actually wanted to hang out with Tasuku?" Ebizo smirked. "I thought you said he was annoying."

"H-He's a kid-! They're all annoying!" Kinuya huffed, "At least he seems happy, though. He was really excited about today. He hardly ever gets upset."

Ebizo frowned and tried to remember when Tasuku was last upset. He couldn't even think of an occasion when Tasuku cried. Not even as a baby. Had he really forgotten that much about Tasuku's life? He must've cried as a baby. He probably just slept through it and forgot...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

20 0 18
The story revolves around (Y/N) (L/N), a young teenager who moves to the town of Inaba, where a mysterious string of murders is taking place. Upon di...
291 56 46
War. Violence. Conflict. The struggles that take place in our modern world still live today. However, there's something different about this world: T...
536 8 4
A young boy with an average life. At least, until his best friend is murdered and he has to take the blame for it. Distraught, alone, and guilty in t...
213 9 6
Tsuchimikado Akira is a young man who only wants to have a normal life with his friends. But soon he will know... That sometimes, destiny cannot be a...